Chapter 4 Walkthrough - Cruise Most Deadly - CMD

You can find information on chapters 1,2, 3, 5, 6, 7,  8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13,14 and 15 by going to these links:

Now for Chapter 4!

You start hanging upside down with the uncertain fate of being eaten by a huge snake!

Fun fact:
You can look down and pick up some rocks and throw them at the snake but it will do nothing

Spoiler:
Chapter3snakepuzzle 
Chapter3snakepuzzle1
Chapter3snakepuzzle2 
Chapter3snakepuzzle3 Chapter3snakepuzzle4 

You need to get your handy Swiss army knife and cut yourself loose, then you are free!
Chapter3snakepuzzle5

After that, you continue your search for Evelyn and Mr. Berkeley until you come to a broken bridge, noticing a rain hat on the other side you are worried for the welfare of both your friends and are determined to get across the other side.

DazzledreamSignature

Comments

• You first need to get the rope from the boat:
    RopePuzzle1

RopePuzzle2
    After that you bring the rope to the bridge and:
    click on the rope again to bring it up in the forefront, and cut a piece off using your Swiss Army Knife!

CMDChapter4_picturerope1
    CMDChapter4_picturerope2
    CMDChapter4_picturerope3
    Once you've got your piece of rope cut, Jane will tie a loop in one end, and toss it down!  It's up to you to catch the board, by clicking on the rope and swinging it back and forth!
    Once you've got the board tied off, you need to straighten the pole near the edge of the cliff, and then tie the rope off, like this:

CMDChapter4_picturebridge1
    CMDChapter4_picturebridge2
    CMDChapter4_picturebridge3
    Then, you need to cut another piece of rope, and tie off the hand rail, like this:

CMDChapter4_picturebridge4
    CMDChapter4_picturebridge5
    CMDChapter4_picturebridge6
    DazzledreamSignature
  • Once the bridge is fixed you cross it and find that the rain hat, is old and doesn't belong to Evelyn,
    Rainhat
    (Fun fact, the trees around the hat are eucalyptus leaves!)
    You continue into the jungle:
    chapter4jungle
    chapter4jungle2

It starts to rain and while crossing a bridge you slip and slide into a mysterious cavern with a wonderful pool! 

chapter4pooldoorchapter4pool
     You sit down to rest before exploring if for a way out, and have a dream about being a beautiful mermaid, you comb your hair then dive in and swim to the surface!

DazzledreamSignature

• When you awaken you discover the comb from your dream and dive into the pool to see if the way out is the same as in your dream:
    chapter4comb
    Chapter4TunnelAnswer

It turns out to be true and you swim to the beach, where the setting sun has turned everything orange.  You want to get back to the boat before it gets dark and the quickest way is to move a boulder blocking a natural arch:
     Pick up one of the rocks:

CMDChapter4_picture1
    CMDChapter4_picture2
    Then bring it over, and place it in front of the large boulder!

CMDChapter4_picture3
    CMDChapter4_picture4
    Then, go back to the shipwreck, and find a nice beam that you can use as a lever!

CMDChapter4_picture5
    CMDChapter4_picture6

DazzledreamSignature
  • Once you're back at the boat you change out of your wet clothes and explore the rest of the ship:
    Chapter4closet
    Chapter4clothes

Chapter4shipdoors2
    Chapter4shipdoors
    CMDChapter4_picture7
    CMDbed

After reading the journal you find that Evelyn and Mr. Berkeley are not on the island and you are quite alone....

You recieve an amazing pin with the comb on it for your effort, and look forward to the next chapter! :Do
    chapter4ending
    DazzledreamSignature
  • edited June 2016
    I want to thank VFK_Mintie for the pictures I barrowed some of them from her chapter 4 helper discussion!
    DazzledreamSignature
  • Late to the game here, but I'm having trouble getting the rope to swing around the board. Any tips?
  • Hey @Gimmethelicorice!

when you hang it down, click and then as it swings wait for it to swing all the way to the right and then click.  Also, if you need me to help you passed just let me know!:)

-Mintie
  • Did anyone notice that in multiple places, you can see a lighthouse in the background? The island obviously isn't as empty as she thought. Not to mention that SOMEONE must have set that snare she got caught in.
  • edited June 2017

Either that or it was set by someone who is long gone!
    ColourzRNice2
  • I'm totally stuck on this chapter. I can't move down to go pick the rocks up cause it will not let me get them. Whenever I hover my mouse over it, it does not form an arrow. It still has the magnifying glass. I restarted the chapter cause I lost the rocks the first time and they didn't show up anywhere.
    R5LND5X3UQ4Y
  • edited August 2017
    Hi @Purplellama

You need to used your pocket knife on the rope to cut yourself loose!

Good luck
    -mintie
  • VFK_Mintie said:

Hi @Purplellama

You need to used your pocket knife on the rope to cut yourself loose!

Good luck
    -mintie
    Thanks!
    R5LND5X3UQ4Y