Nail Polish Place

Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to get this posted. 
Thank you @Marzipan for the idea to start this :)

Okay..I think what i'll do is post a picture of some nail art and explain how I did it. 

If anyone has any nail art ideas, feel free to post them here. Also, if you do any nail art I would love to see that here too! :D

(I'm going to post the first one as comment. It will be up tonight!)
art gallery 2
"All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
"YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
"If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
"I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
"Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage

Comments

• I didn't have time to do step by step photos for this one but since it's almost Halloween, I decided to paint a ghost. ooOoOo.

What you'll need:
    • Black nail polish
    • Orange nail polish
    • Clear topcoat
    • Dotting tool OR a toothpick 

Basically, you paint all your nails orange except for your ring finger..paint that one black. Once that dries, use your dotting tool or toothpick to make black polka dots on the orange nails. To paint the ghost, I made a big white circle and dragged smaller ones towards the bottom. Once that dried, I just made black dots for the eyes and mouth. Let your nails dry completely and apply your clear topcoat!

***Fun idea: before applying the clear topcoat, put some glow in the dark nail polish over the ghost! (I don't have any so I couldn't do this)

Halloween nails - ghost
    art gallery 2
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf

• cool! Lol my nails are too short for this ( I have tiny fingers and I cant stand long nails ;) ) plus i'm not an artist but amazing work
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"
  • OMG YAY NAIL ART~!!!!! Woooo This is soooo great @Awesome_Piper!!

@frogiepower my nails are really short too!  Although I can't wait to try this out!
    skylambsignature
  • omg omg omg omg omgomg omg I gotta do this! thanks @Awesome_Piper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • Ooo @Awesome_Piper, when are you going to do a new nail polish design!? i love them so much!
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture
  • @yellowsummerdaisy I actually planned on doing one last week but i'm just getting over a cold and have a lot going on at the moment. I should have it up on the weekend! :)
    art gallery 2

• @awesome_piper! how are you feeling?! are you better from your cold?!  When are you going to post the next nail polish picture?!?! maybe one for christmas or one for winter or maybe one for late autumn or maybe one with elves or just a general green and red one?!
    I cant wait to hear from you!!!! I love your nail art!!!!!!!!! I know its busy right now with thanksgiving and everything so dont worry if it doesnt fit in with your schedule :)
    signaturepicture
  • PIPERERERER DO A CAT THEMED ONE OR OR CHRISTMAS CHIRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Just an artist who loves anime and video games!
    76722c13-5af4-4bd2-a517-f4051b16cbca-tumblr_p5c4cir7241sejmmmo7_540
  • Ditto what @TacoCat said @Awesome_Piper!!
    VogueFourmPic_byTacoCat
    Thank you TACOCAT for my awesome signature pic!
  • Oh yeah i totally agree with everyone!! Id love to see some Christmas nail art :D i want to paint my nails!!!!

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • I'm sorry I haven't been posting!!

Hey guys! I've had so much going on and i've been taking a break from nail polish. Between the cold weather and all the hand washing while cooking, my hands have been a mess :-<

With that being said, I am preparing some Christmas designs and am hoping to have it up for you guys by next week. 

art gallery 2

• OMG No Problem @Awesome_Piper!

Things have been totally bust for me too, it seems like the end of the year is busy for everyone!

I can't wait to see your Christmas designs!!  I tried your Halloween one and it looked awesome!  I forgot to take a picture though!

Anyway!  YAY post when you can!

Mew

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • that's alright @awesome_piper whenever you have time! merry christmas!! it sounds like you've been busy with all the cooking and such and i know i have been to! ive been making christmas presents, and it's been so much fun! we just got up our tree and its all decorated, i love love love christmas so much!!!!
    oh and I thought of another nail polish design you could do!!  CANDY CANES WITH WREATHS!! that would be so pretty!  Red and white stripes!
    have you ever done toe nail art?!
    signaturepicture
  • oooo I would love to see some winter or penguin nail art :D

• Ooo I would like to see some more nail art to :D
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • edited January 2016
    *clears dust and cobwebs from this thread* 
    Hey guys! Sorry it took so long but I finally have some nail art for ya!
    So.. @TacoCat told me I should paint a cat across my nails..so I attempted that. This was my first time doing a design like this so I hope it's ok! :))

What you'll need:
    • nail polish in color of your choice
    • pink nail polish
    • black nail polish
    • white nail polish
    • clear topcoat
    • dotting tool OR toothpick 

First you apply any color you want on your nails (I chose a bright highlighter yellow color B-) ).
    Now..this next part I should've done differently. The way I did it was using my dotting tool, I drew the shape of the cat. 
    I started with the thumb and drew the cat's head and neck.
    then put my thumb next to my index finger to make sure it lined up as I painted the next part of the cat. 
    I put 2 lines going downward at an angle for the legs. 
    Next, line up your index finger next to your ring finger and continue this process. 
    Draw the legs again on your ring finger. 
    Draw the tail on your pinky. 
    Once this dried, using the dotting tool, I outlined the cat with black polish. 
    I then drew on the face (don't forget the whiskers!) and did a little pink dot in each ear and one for the nose.

***tip: it might be easier to draw the cat with the black polish first and then fill it in with white and leave the edges black.

I hope this was helpful. Any questions or anything, feel free to ask! 
    Also, if you have any nail art you'd like me to try, let me know!! :)

Long cat nail art
    art gallery 2

• OMG! (Faints)  I can't beleive it!! Woooo  Thanks @Awesome_Piper!!  It came out lovely! Also, great instructions!!

Thanks again!  I'm so glad you came back!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • YES PIPER, YESS
  • Maybe little honey bee's next time? :'D
    The cat is awesome!!
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • oh that is so pretty @Awesome_Piper!  I agree with @SaharaHollyglow, you should definitely do honey bees!  or maybe blue with stars?
    DazzledreamSignature
  • I will try to have honey bee nail art some time this week!  :bz

@dazzlerdream do you mean blue with like..regular 5 pointed stars? If you could give a little more detail, that would be great and I can work on that after the honey bee design :)
    art gallery 2

• Well I was thinking of two designs. 

One was:
    Dark blue with little white dots going across the nail and ending with a five pointed star.

Two was:
    Purplish blue with little white * shaped stars along with some white dots to make it look like far away stars.

Your art is very lovely @Awesome_Piper and I can't wait to see what you do!
    DazzledreamSignature
  • edited February 2016
    Wow cool nail art.  I wish I could do something that nice, haha! My nails never cooperate when I go to paint them! You should do a football nail art tutorial before the 7th :D (Im a Broncos girl just in case you wanted to know ;) )
    tacocatdrawing
  • ahhhh!! I know it's super last minute but i'm trying to work on a design for the Superbowl right now! I should have it posted some time tonight! 

Then I can probably have a honey bee design posted by Wednesday! 

art gallery 2

• OMG that  is soooo exciting!  I can't wait @Awesome_Piper!!!
    skylambsignature
  • edited February 2016
    @Awesome_Piper!  Your nail art is totally the bomb! You should do some Valentine's Day nail art! :D I'd love to see that! Maybe you could include a beginner tutorial as well as an intermediate?! Beginner would be like... solid colors with methods, and intermediate would be the designs?  It's just a thought! Love all the art you do, way to go! :D
    tacocatdrawing
  • edited February 2016
    I was going to post this on Saturday but something happened and..yeah. :(
    But I figured I would post it now since I had it done. 
    I just got nail striping tape a few days ago and wanted to try it out and this is what I came up with! 

What you'll need:
    • white nail polish
    • nail polish in 3 colors of your choice (for the tutorial I used white, orange, and dark blue)
    • clear topcoat
    • nail striping tape OR scotch tape (if you use scotch tape, stick it on the back of your hand a few times so it's not super sticky)
    • small dotting tool OR toothpick 

First I painted my nails white.
    Once the polish completely dried, I put a piece of striping tape on each side and painted an orange line down the middle.
    While the orange polish is still wet, carefully remove the tape.
    Once the orange polish dries completely, place some tape so you have a space in the middle.
    Carefully apply the dark blue polish (it may be easier to use a dotting tool or toothpick for this).
    While the polish is still wet, carefully remove the tape. 
    Once it's completely dry, apply your topcoat and you're done! 

***For the football:
    (you will need brown and white nail polish and a topcoat)

I painted my nail brown and let it dry.
    Once it's dry, take some white nail polish on a small dotting tool or toothpick and make a long vertical line down the middle.
    Once that's dry, take your dotting tool or toothpick and make short horizontal lines across the long vertical line.

Superbowl nail design 2016

I should have the honeybee design posted on Thursday or Friday and I can probably have the two star designs done for next week. I'm hoping I can get in a Valentine's day design as well! 
    art gallery 2

• yessssssssssss your nail art is awesome <3 @Awesome_Piper and your ELF quote. thats amazing too
  • OMG @Awesome_Piper that is sooo amazing! I love it, thank you soooo much for posting nail art I love it!!
    skylambsignature
  • Oh wow, with the nail tape it makes it look really professional!  thanks for posting again @Awesome_Piper it lookes great!  I can't wait for the next ones!
    ~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~