CDP Discussion!

Hello all fellow HER/Miss Clue fans!

This is a place for everyone to discuss Christmas At Donner Pass, before and after the release.  Thoughts, excitement, initial impressions, reviews and even hints and tips are all welcome!

I love discussing mystery games especially Miss Clue and Nancy Drew.  Main questions my friends and I always ask each other is; are you hoping its super scary, more puzzle oriented, large number of people to talk to or a little of all?  It would be awesome to see what you think is most captivating in a mystery game.  

When it comes out I'll be playing right along with all you guys, but if there is something you get stumped on that I might have solved just shout out and I'll do that same! 

See you all

Comments

• Hmm, that is a good question @moonwolf, and a tough choice, I guess I'm leaning more towards a balanced game?  Not so into scary, so for me is would be, a little scary, lots of mystery, absolutely puzzles but well Incorporated, and the number of characters don't particularly matter, I am in it mainly for the story!

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

whee      ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
    .."I think there is far more to this Robbery than one might suppose..." -Jane Darcy `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    .......................................................................................¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
    ............................................................³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
  • Mine would be under the Super SCARY category!

Any else see the new homepage post? 
  • edited January 2022
    Thanks for starting this @moonwolf!

I will see you here tomorrow to talk about the game!  Good luck everyone
    DazzledreamSignature
  • Anyone else wondering if the mystery is going to take place on the train?
  • edited January 2022
    I'm excited!!!  Here is where I will ask my questions!!!  Thanks @moonwolf

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• LookslikeRayne said:

Anyone else wondering if the mystery is going to take place on the train?

It might, because of their homepage picture, but there is also a house picture on the banner at the top of the MB so I would guess you get off the train at some point.  As to how long you're on the train or even if you are on the train at all, I have no idea.  I'm wondering if you're going to be snowed in like the Donner party?
  • Makes sense and I guess we'll find out in about an hour! 
  • Okay now my excitement level is 20!!!  Possibly up to 100 but that won't be until it's actually out o.o

This is going to be a BIG year!  

Huge Miss Clue Fan  love

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I just know I'm going to need a lot of help, HELP HELP HELP < that will be me in about an hour from now :P

Does anyone know if another game is planned for this year or not?  Not.... that I'm already ready for another mystery because that is soooo not the case heh, but really I would LOVE to have 2 mysteries this year!
  • ITS HERE!!!!! GETTING!!!!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• iStella said:

ITS HERE!!!!! GETTING!!!!

Congrats! Have fun playing it!!! I hope someone can do a play through video with it!
    Pixsig
  • I GOT IT! I started a little bit & so far it looks amazing!

My game is a little on the laggy side, kinda slow - can't tell if its just my ancient computer or if its like that with everyone? I'm sure its expected with all these new features. I love that the developers are able to update & fix bugs in real time tho! Hoping they can polish things up as some us first sleuths play!!

so many questions and NO DONUTS

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• edited January 2022
    So far mine is running pretty good but I have a new computer so - shrugs -  Also no problems as of yet, but I haven't made it that far haha did anyone else jump when the:

Spoiler:

Sailor was outside the window?

I did! 
    :P
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• Hi everyone!! Oh my gosh This is so cool!  AND BEAUTIFUL!!  Okay so for me, the only thing I've noted is that when the window says "loading..." like when you leave the train it takes a while to load, however, after it's loaded I'm not having lag or anything.  For my speakers the back ground sound was a little loud so I have my sound settings set to this:

CDPSettings

You might want to use it too!  

Also, for anyone who got stuck in the maze, if you are at that part, here is a spoiler to something I found in it I kept getting lost so I wrote down (There might be more stuff in the maze, this is just what I found):

Spoiler:

These directions are for cinematic and glide, but you might be able to use them too if you use the walk mode:

Maze:
    Right
    Right
    Left
    Left
    Left
    right
    Straight
    Straight
    Turn right
    Straight
    Straight
    Right
    Left
    Left
    Straight
    Left
    Right

Leaving:
    Left
    Right
    Straight
    Right
    Right
    Left
    Straight
    Straight
    Straight
    Turn Left
    Straight
    Straight
    Turn Left
    Right
    Right
    Right
    Left
    Left

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • edited January 2022
    Hello,
    On my game I'm at the maze entrance and the shrubs are still there, despite Jane saying they were clear. I was able to clamber up and over it using cinematic movement, but I can't get out again. I've tried all movement types and can't get past the shrubs.

Update: I reloaded and had to get through a locked door segment for that part to update, so just don't go through the shrubs until they are visibly gone :D
  • @truetitus how to trigger shrubs to be gone?

• edited January 2022
    Spoiler:
      I think I went to the kitchen, was given a knife to open the key cupboard that was painted shut. I unlocked the door to the cellar then after scouting there came up and found the shrubs cleared. 
  • edited January 2022

I did the same thing as @truetitus but I also:

Spoiler:

Took something from the basement and hung it up

• I am stuck at a glitch later on though, spoilers below.

Spoiler:
    I brought the treasured item to the cellar, had a conversation by the doll house, but his dialogue was missing and when Jane says she will try to leave herself, I pick up the object but the image is missing and I cannot move.
  • Hi @truetitus,

That is a really interesting issue you found!  

First are you able to save your game where you are?  If are you can, one option would be to try reloading, second if you could send us the saved game it would tell us what went wrong and we could make an update so ensure it doesn't happen again!

If you would like to e-mail your saved game, I will post instructions below!

You can open the saved game folder on your computer, by holding the Windows Key, and pressing R, to bring up the "Run Box".

Then, paste the path below into the Run field, and press enter, or click OK:

%LocalAppData%\MissClueCDP\Saved\Saves

The folder that opens will have one file per game-save you have created!

You should be able to find your saved game file in this folder, and it will have the same name as your save in the Miss Clue menu.   Once you find the file, you can then send it to us as an attachment!

This will be very helpful in solving the issue!

Let us know if you need any additional information on how to find or send the save game!

The e-mail address is:
    Support@MissClue.com

-Mintie

• E-mail sent, many thanks for the swift reply :D 
  • I clicked on an item in the garden and I have no way of clicking away from it to continue the game. Help??
  • Does anyone know where to find the spade to dig up the small arm in the dirt? I feel so dumb but I can't find anything!

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• @DonutLuverr You'll find it here:

Spoiler:

On a cardboard box just inside the guest house when you are facing the door to their bedroom it's on your right!

Now to go find out what the gardener was up to :D

• Thanks so much @MistyMew !!

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• Need help when looking for
    Spoiler:
    street signs vault number and key
  • Great job! Very much enjoyed playing!
  • I finished!!!!  It was really fun and I loved the decorations at the end, So pretty!!!

• I am stuck! How do I solve puzzle for the
    Spoiler:
    streets and vault? I already found the key