Let's Talk- Pet Peeves

With every person there is always one (or more) specific things that are guaranteed to trigger someone's anger/annoyance. These certain things are known as 'pet peeves' and almost everyone has them. So, out of curiosity, what are yours? Do we share the same ones? Here are mine:

Dried bread crumbs. This really irks me when you find stale bread crumbs in the peanut butter jars. Yes, this is kind of an odd one but for people who have siblings this might happen to you. Sometimes I like to put the peanut butter in a cup just to eat and then, come to find out, I discover dry, stale, bread crumbs and ugh. Yuck.

Wet peanut butter smell. This is also an odd one and is quite hard to explain. It's the smell left on someone's breath after they've eaten something with peanut butter or the smell emitted from the dirty dishes as you're washing them. I don't really know how to explain it but I just get really grossed out for no reason at all. It's weird. 

Wet food. Ah, dishes, the chore that nobody seems to want to do. Especially me because in my family, they don't bother to scrape off their plates into the garbage and instead stick it right into the sink so as I reach in the water to wash them and....my hand touches food. Ew. This is literally my reaction:

azbYzXZ_460s
doing-the-dishes-and-a-piece-of-food-touches-your-hand

Judging by the memes created with this topic, I'd say its fairly common. Anyway, that's about all I have to say about my pet peeves, so what are yours?
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• Touching food while washing dishes - agreed.
    • People who do not chew with their mouths closed.
    • Pick-up truck drivers who constantly feel the need to tailgate me even though I am going 20+ over the speed limit.
    • Driving behind people who drive 20+ under the speed limit (I'm looking at you, Grandma).
    • Screaming babies/children in indoor public spaces.
    • People who do not clean up after themselves (I'm looking at you, disgusting housemates).
    :)
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• I love this thread. A lot of mine are related to driving like @Jessizoid.
    Having to throw away the empty Kleenex box and open a new box. Change the empty roll of the TP and put a new one.
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• @Jessizoid I can't agree with the driving ones just yet as I can't drive yet, but the screaming children in public places- that's absolutely irritating ESPECIALLY in a movie theater. 
  • @MandaBear Ah...I'm guilty of leaving behind empty boxes and rolls. 
  • this is a great topic!! my pet peeves, let me think... people who gossip about you in your visible earshot, and they obviously know you can hear them!

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • @showjumpingbird Oh my- YES and then they try to tell you that they weren't talking about you as if you were nothing more than an infant that was born just yesterday. This has happened so many times and man, it irritates me so much whether it's good gossip or bad gossip.
  • Wet food - YES - Frogiepower and Jessizoid
    People chewing with their mouth open - YES -  @Jessizoid
    People who start eating the food before they check out and have to hand the open food to be scanned I have no idea why this irritates me so much o.o

I HATE having the TP roll empty, but then I leave it empty sometimes too >:D

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• @frogiepower @iStella Oh no it was you!
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• @Jessizoid I've one for you... the person that drives with their turn signal on for miles.
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• @MandaBear Guilty as charged!  it all evens out in the end I think because other people do it too lol
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• @iStella Guilty! Lol
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• I agree with a bunch of these... here's some others:

Running in buildings... unless its an emergency.
    Loud chewers
    Super picky eaters at restaurants (for example... "MIX in a SLICE of cheese in the eggs, not shredded into or placed on top")
    People who complain about EVERYTHING

I have tons of pet peeves, but these seem to be the worst.

• people that don't mind their own business

new sig
  • @MandaBear Shhh it wasn't me
  • @Cordelia Ah, same but then again I'm often a hypocrite sometimes..
  • EDIT: New Pet Peeve-

When I'm doing the dishes and people add more dishes into the sink
  • edited January 2018
    I'm about to spill some tea right now ya'll!

1. People who leave others on Read in a message. OH MY GOD. This one is my WORST pet peeve that I have. I get so, so irritated when people do this! I understand leaving others on read for a little while and replying later within the day, but when you reply a week or a month later - Just NO. I also get it if the person said "Ok" or "Lol" or something like that - cause that causes the conversation to die. (This mostly applies with people you are friends with, not strangers. It depends)

2. This one is mostly a Vfk one. When people offer on your item, and then go AFK or just ignore the trade request/leave or stand there without acknowledging your existence. It is not that hard to say you changed your mind, or don't want to do it anymore. Really. This also happens a ton on miss clue with people who comment on your thread and then never follow up. It's just so rude.

3. Another VFK one. When people bid at auctions and say "tabs" and then never pay the tab and or leave before or after the auction without ever paying. -.-

4. People who ask you to explain something 20 times because they don't get it (not because they don't hear you) and it's an extremely simple concept.
  • Oh my god I fully agree with you on the first one @Perpetual_Fighter, gah it''s awful! Yes my friends do it all the time and then get angry if I question our friendship. Like seriously. I got angry about it just by reading that hah. AND THE 4TH ONE.

That causes a ton of miscommunication between me and the people I talk to because they simply don't understand something fairly easy and I get so frustrated that sometimes we end up arguing. although I must say that sometimes what I think is simple and makes perfect sense in my mind, they might not. But yes I fully agree with you 100%. Now the two VFK ones, I'm hardly ever on so I wouldn't know too much and I haven't been able to have an auction in a super long time

• frogiepower said:

Oh my god I fully agree with you on the first one @Perpetual_Fighter, gah it''s awful! Yes my friends do it all the time and then get angry if I question our friendship. Like seriously. I got angry about it just by reading that hah. AND THE 4TH ONE.

That causes a ton of miscommunication between me and the people I talk to because they simply don't understand something fairly easy and I get so frustrated that sometimes we end up arguing. although I must say that sometimes what I think is simple and makes perfect sense in my mind, they might not. But yes I fully agree with you 100%. Now the two VFK ones, I'm hardly ever on so I wouldn't know too much and I haven't been able to have an auction in a super long time

Exactly, but yes I can see what you're saying that they might find it a complicated concept while you yourself don't! But the leaving on read thing happens so often! I have dropped a lot of friends and people out of my life for it. I think it shows how you respect/disrespect people. I get busy people but if I could work over time (10 hours) 5 days a week and STILL not leave my friends on Read, They can too! They're not a CEO of a business or anything to have a real excuse if they are your "friend"
  • Right and even CEO's have 2 seconds out of their day to respond unless they're working while they're eating dinner or something (showering too because my friends text me then??). I atleast try to leave a "like" if it's on messenger or a heart on instagram and my friends basically know that's when I don't have the time to respond (it's an unspoken thing between us)
  • frogiepower said:

Right and even CEO's have 2 seconds out of their day to respond unless they're working while they're eating dinner or something (showering too because my friends text me then??). I atleast try to leave a "like" if it's on messenger or a heart on instagram and my friends basically know that's when I don't have the time to respond (it's an unspoken thing between us)

That’s a nice touch! And yes EXACTLY! How you gonna tell me that you don’t have time to text me at night?
  • -People speeding, even if I'm going 5+ already and I hate speeding myself (in my state they dont give a f and honestly wish a cop pulls them over)
    -People tailgating me; hit me and you'll literally pay for it
    -No turn signals (at least 10 people done this while I'm driving back to my apartment that is an hour away)
    -Mispronouncing both my first and last name (holy....)
    -People talking obnoxiously loud in a quiet place and not caring
    -Screaming kids
    -People being rude to cashiers in retail or fast food
    art-starbucks 
  • * Definitely people who double text, if I didn't answer the first time, I am more than likely busy
    * People who invite themselves in other peoples conversations
    * Getting tapped on the shoulder
    * PEOPLE WHO WATCH LOUD VIDEOS ON THEIR PHONE WHEN I'M WATCHING TV
    * People who put all of their busy out there

tenor
  • and my last one

* PEOPLE WHO EAT PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA (jk)

tenor
  • Man I had no idea there were so many irritating things in this world lol.

I agree with all of these XD
    ColourzRNice2
  • Group Texts.

I need to practice patience and compassion with others.
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• My top pet peeves are probably:
    - when people don't say excuse me when trying to squeeze past you/ just reach over you to grab something in a store
    - people who stand too close to you in line
    - loud chewers
    - people at uni who see you leaving a seat and start putting their stuff down without acknowledging your existance
  • @Squid I agree with most of those but I'm guilty of double. If I don't tell them what I have to say throughout the chances are I'll forget, plus I always forget to include things in the first one. But other people, who do it simply to blow up your phone and get your attention, then yes as that happened to me today.
  • @Midge Definitely agree with the second one

• edited January 2018
    this is a great dicussion! here are some of my pet peeves:

1. people chewing with their mouth open
    2. when you find out the left overs you were saving for later are moldy >:U