Antique Shop OPEN!!!

Comments

• I hate this store.... I feel it is against all the values vfk has ....about things being fair and fun.   It favors those with unlimited time to stand around clicking  and those with fast internet.    I tried for an hour and a half and could not get any items except the shirts which never went away.....while the same people kept announcing over and over what great stuff they got.   It was frustrating,  and the people getting stuff were angry that all of us not getting anything were complaining.   I pay a very lot of money a month to be a member....and I thought this were to be a vip only store,   but since anyone can go in and it only takes credits to buy stuff,   it defeated the purpose.    Literally stuff would come and go from the shop before u could even press the buy button.    Vfk has so many things to participate in,  but almost all the players were standing in a store crabbing at me because I was complaining.    I heard,   trade for the items........now that is funny,   since all the traders were in the store.   I have decided to stop helping other players get their costumes cheap or free,   or their candy for the buckets,   or any of the other stuff I so freely give away......when all I get in return is "go away"  and "if u don't like it leave".   The antique store is just more of the same.....same people getting all the stuff at the expense of all the others....to amass huge warehouse to charge lots of host items for.   I was told I was childish to want to continue my 1 of everything vfk collection.......so as of today.....I have stopped that goal.    It all goes in the halloween exchange......I'm so done.    I regret every sending money to vfk  .......      and unfortunately.....I am not the only beta....large membership person  feeling this way.    What good is getting a coin if u can never buy anything with it?    
  • When the idea first came up, what I really thought it would be like would be something similar to a real life antique shop with items that have a vintage feel to them. I didn't expect the mad dash for items. I do like the system to a point. It feels like if it's a VIP shop, it should stay VIP. That may sound like an "exclusive" sort of mind set, but it feels that if it's billed that way, it should stay that way, especially if items are tradable then non-members can still get their hands on items.

So far I've managed a few things, but I think there should be a few more chances to get items, especially if lag becomes a big problem during the first few days. I wasn't there the first day, so the pictures of what's available makes me hope that there is a chance for things to loop back around. As the days go on, I'm sure any bugs will be worked out on, but right now, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
    A - ala - watchful alertness
    L - lokahi - working with unity
    O - oia'i'o - truthful honesty
    H - ha'aha'a - humility
    A - ahonui - patient perserverance

"My philosophy is: It's none of my business what other people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier." - Anthony Hopkins

Signature Picture
  • Osmello said:

I hate this store.... I feel it is against all the values vfk has ....about things being fair and fun.   It favors those with unlimited time to stand around clicking  and those with fast internet.    I tried for an hour and a half and could not get any items except the shirts which never went away.....while the same people kept announcing over and over what great stuff they got.   It was frustrating,  and the people getting stuff were angry that all of us not getting anything were complaining.   I pay a very lot of money a month to be a member....and I thought this were to be a vip only store,   but since anyone can go in and it only takes credits to buy stuff,   it defeated the purpose.    Literally stuff would come and go from the shop before u could even press the buy button.    Vfk has so many things to participate in,  but almost all the players were standing in a store crabbing at me because I was complaining.    I heard,   trade for the items........now that is funny,   since all the traders were in the store.   I have decided to stop helping other players get their costumes cheap or free,   or their candy for the buckets,   or any of the other stuff I so freely give away......when all I get in return is "go away"  and "if u don't like it leave".   The antique store is just more of the same.....same people getting all the stuff at the expense of all the others....to amass huge warehouse to charge lots of host items for.   I was told I was childish to want to continue my 1 of everything vfk collection.......so as of today.....I have stopped that goal.    It all goes in the halloween exchange......I'm so done.    I regret every sending money to vfk  .......      and unfortunately.....I am not the only beta....large membership person  feeling this way.    What good is getting a coin if u can never buy anything with it?    

This is how I feel.. Everyone buys it all up and then wants a "ice" for 1 item.. I spent nearly 2 hours in there and saw nothing. I somehow was able to find 1 good person that was willing to give me a shirt for nothing.. I am honestly rethinking anymore memberships here..this might have pushed me over on that..I was willing to give them a chance to "fix" anything that might have been wrong with this but they seemed to have just embrace it..Only people you see Happy about this are the people that are able to buy it all up and have nothing but time to stand in a store all day to do so..I don't like to rant like this but come on vfk..I won't be wasting anymore gold stamps in there unless they fix it..Sorry vfk but you failed. :(
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • edited October 2017
    Day 2 of the Antique Shop, and my opinion has not changed at all. If anything, it's gotten worse. I also stood in there for a while, before giving up because I saw literally nothing in the shop screen. All I really wanted was one of the pins that everyone was mentioning, since I am an avid pin collector, but I didn't even catch a glimpse of it. I'm honestly not even going to worry about this shop anymore, seeing as it's become a waste of my time.

@Osmello and @EleanorRose I completely agree with both of you. I won't be spending my time or currency on this shop until the staff realize the problem(s) with it, and change it.

EDIT: Also, what's up with the limited hours it's open?
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• edited October 2017
    I think there are a few ways they could have handled this shop better.
    1. make it vip only non members can enter the gold stamp shop and some of the items are trade able to nons. If they wanted to make this shop different they could only allow members to enter. Also the entry to the shop should be free to enter. All of the other shops don't charge you anything to enter neither should this one. 
    2. make the items non trade able to nons. only members should be allowed to own the items and only members should be able to trade the items to other members.
    3. get rid or both the non member buying section and the ability to buy with credits. It's a vip store the only way you should be able to buy the items is with gold stamps or you earn an X amount of antique coins by visiting the store. Coins can be handed out to all members that enter the store from the npc and coins will be given out randomly by the parrot. 
    4. New items should appear every week or two weeks. This gives people plenty of time to buy the items they want before they disappear at the end of the week/two weeks. 
    5. Have a cap on the amount each member can purchase per item. For example each member can only buy three of each item or something like that. 

I'm sorry people were being rude to you Osmello, I think you are a nice person for helping out various players by helping them get the items they want. I think people should be allowed to complain if they think something is unfair and want it to change.

by the way jessizoid if the pins become trade able you can have mine. I'm sorry you didn't get one. They should have given out the pins like they normally do
    cutelina
  • I have very mixed feelings. Definitely agree with Osmello.

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • I haven't been able to get in the shop but it does sound pretty bad. I agree with making it a VIP ONLY store. Not to sound mean or anything but us members pretty much share everything with non-members so it would be nice to have at least one area that is VIP only. So sorry you all are having a hard time in there!
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • edited October 2017
    Osmello said:

I hate this store.... I feel it is against all the values vfk has ....about things being fair and fun.   It favors those with unlimited time to stand around clicking  and those with fast internet.    I tried for an hour and a half and could not get any items except the shirts which never went away.....while the same people kept announcing over and over what great stuff they got.   It was frustrating,  and the people getting stuff were angry that all of us not getting anything were complaining.   I pay a very lot of money a month to be a member....and I thought this were to be a vip only store,   but since anyone can go in and it only takes credits to buy stuff,   it defeated the purpose.    Literally stuff would come and go from the shop before u could even press the buy button.    Vfk has so many things to participate in,  but almost all the players were standing in a store crabbing at me because I was complaining.    I heard,   trade for the items........now that is funny,   since all the traders were in the store.   I have decided to stop helping other players get their costumes cheap or free,   or their candy for the buckets,   or any of the other stuff I so freely give away......when all I get in return is "go away"  and "if u don't like it leave".   The antique store is just more of the same.....same people getting all the stuff at the expense of all the others....to amass huge warehouse to charge lots of host items for.   I was told I was childish to want to continue my 1 of everything vfk collection.......so as of today.....I have stopped that goal.    It all goes in the halloween exchange......I'm so done.    I regret every sending money to vfk  .......      and unfortunately.....I am not the only beta....large membership person  feeling this way.    What good is getting a coin if u can never buy anything with it?    

@Osmello

So sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience in the room, it really is sad when people behave like that on a virtual game over few virtual items. From the beginning I had thought the store would be for only "VIP members" literally said it on the title "VIP antique shop" thought it was going to be like gold stamps, where everyone can go in but only members can buy stuff! But nope it wasn't like that. Yes the store is different, something new on vfk! BUT its clearly creating problems now! I do not like how you have to pay gold stamps to get in, and how the tickets were trade able. Yes I wanted to go and see the store, but it was sad and embarrassing asking members for a ticket. Some of the people were very kind to trade passes they didn't mind, but it didn't feel right. They spent real money to get items for themselves, not to buy passes for everyone. Plus the items disappearing within seconds is ridiculous now! First day okay it was fine, new store, new thing, HA HA it will get better on day 2. But it got worse. I don't want to spend 2 hours constantly on vfk just to get few items. Parrot seemed a bit rigged, in the room I was in same people got the stuff. I'm not blaming them, blaming the system. After hearing few people's bad experience with the store, its really disappointing. This is store, not a hunt, shouldn't have to wait and wait for an item. Yea its new and different, but LOTS of fixing to do!

And as a non-member I really wish they would of just made it a members store like gold stamps. Yes, I and other non-members would have complained about it for a while, but we would of gotten over it.

bepannah01
  • Here's my full opinion. (I may edit this a few times with more opinions, I seem to think of more things after I post lol)

Personally, I absolutely love this shop even though it could all be handled better. I do stuff just like this  in real life as I am a collectibles buyer/trader/seller....this is exactly how it is done in a lot of the companies. Limited amount of an item, releases at a random time, and its a luck of the draw. I love that this has been taken up by VFK and we can have access to these exclusive items. Here are some of my thoughts on how they could improve it.
    1. Just like everyone else, I do agree that they should have kept their word with this being VIP only. You shouldn't be able to trade the tickets to non-members... however I don't see a problem with being able to trade the antiques to non-members.
    2. All items should appear in one category...no more flipping back and fourth between specials & members specials.
    3. The special tickets from the bird should allow you to buy an item that has sold out...There is NO WAY to get from one room to the antique shop in enough time to buy an item as they sell out in seconds.
    4. Limit on items per person. 5 - 10 of each item MAX...They do this in the collectors world to, now there is always a person that somehow gets around this but it does make it a little more fair.
    5. I feel everything should stay as credits, I personally don't just "hang onto" gold stamps, I spend them rather quickly...the only reason I have so many now is because of all the dragon memberships...but I dont expect those to last very long because of the GS halloween items. I also dont normally buy multiple memberships at a time just to gain gold stamps. I don't see the point in spending $10 (or however much) for 8k in stamps, it's ridiculous. I'm glad there are people who can afford that but that's not an option for everyone, so sticking with credits is more reasonable especially since the prices are so high in credits. (I.E. The potion stand was 10k...I can only imagine how much it would be in stamps).
    6. I feel like the Antique Shop ticket should last for longer....say a week per 10 stamps. That way it doesn't seem to be "so much stamps" or a "waste of stamps" if you dont get the opportunity to buy anything.
    7. Another idea...idk if everyone would agree would be that for every 30mins a different item is available, you are limited on how many you can buy and then that item does not appear again (either for that night, or forever). This allows everyone to buy it and buy some to trade for items they may miss.

I don't understand the need for people to be rude, for one it's just a game and secondly everyone has their own opinions on how things should be run.

A follow up because I keep hearing people complain about people asking so much for the items in trade.

1. You dont have to trade that much for the item, you can find someone else with it.
    2. People can ask however much they want for an item but that doesnt necessarily mean they will get that much for it. Eventually that person will realize they wont get that much for it and lower their asking price / trade value on it.
    3. To lower values, don't offer/trade so much for it.
    4. These items are brand new, values ALMOST ALWAYS drop after the first / second release...just wait it out!

• I didn't go the first day or the second day. There are two things stopping me from going. First I don't want to use my gold stamps to enter the store. I became a member for the first time this month and I am more interested to see what else happens later this month. Second even if I did pay to enter I know I wouldn't be able to buy anything and I don't have the patience to wait for 2-3 for a very slim chance to purchase one item.
  • Agreed on keeping credits and the option to trade it to both member and non-member.
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • edited October 2017

@i.am.chalk  You’ve honestly made some great points. Most of the problems that people are facing now would be solved, really hope vfk implements a few. And it is a store after all so keeping everything credits seems reasonable.

bepannah01
  • edited October 2017
    I had soo much fun!  Everyone was talking and buying and it felt so alive and nice!  I didn't buy anything I just loved being there with everyone!!  The parrot is SOOO CUTE!!  I love how he gives things to people and everyone was talking to him!  MR. Clutter IS SOO COOL!!!  and the shop is so fun to be in it's just like an antique shop I would imagine!!!  

I can't wait to go again!!  

P.S I traded for my antique shirt last night from @Raining she is sooo nice!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!  now I have my golden bonnet from winning candycars giveaway and my lovely shirt I traded from raining!  I'm so happy!!

I LOVE you guys!  Have a wonderful night!

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• I agree with @i.am.chalk, those are some great ideas to improve it, I joined in beta and I came back a couple years ago, but a big part of VFK has always been the trading and collecting.  

The fact is, if everyone in VFK gets an item that comes out it's not "rare", look at how people don't want the shirts because they were available too long.  All I got from the shop was the T-shirt but it was a lot of fun, and I hope to get something next time.

@Osmello I wouldn't give up your goal of getting one of each item in VFK over this, it only adds to the challenge, sometimes you will have to trade to get some items, 

I certainly don't have every item in VFK, I like to pick a category of items and try to collect those. I find that a lot of fun, and I wish VFK did more themed item sets because of it.

Also on a side note @i.am.chalk a good way to get gold stamps is just to get a yearly membership, I got one a little after I came back and I got 25200 gold stamps this month, because I get 1200 extra each month, it really adds up over time.

Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Blossomflower said:

I agree with @i.am.chalk, those are some great ideas to improve it, I joined in beta and I came back a couple years ago, but a big part of VFK has always been the trading and collecting.  

The fact is, if everyone in VFK gets an item that comes out it's not "rare", look at how people don't want the shirts because they were available too long.  All I got from the shop was the T-shirt but it was a lot of fun, and I hope to get something next time.

@Osmello I wouldn't give up your goal of getting one of each item in VFK over this, it only adds to the challenge, sometimes you will have to trade to get some items, 

I certainly don't have every item in VFK, I like to pick a category of items and try to collect those. I find that a lot of fun, and I wish VFK did more themed item sets because of it.

Also on a side note @i.am.chalk a good way to get gold stamps is just to get a yearly membership, I got one a little after I came back and I got 25200 gold stamps this month, because I get 1200 extra each month, it really adds up over time.

Yes I just recently bought the one year in hopes it would help me get more stamps! Thanks for the tip :)

• Beintehaa said:

@i.am.chalk  You’ve honestly made some great points. Most of the problems that people are facing now would be solved, really hope vfk implements a few. And it is a store after all so keeping everything credits seems reasonable.

My problem with this is that VFK advertised that this was going to be a VIP store. Most VIP members have been asking for something exclusive to us (this is a discussion to be had in greater depth) and we thought that is what we were getting. Instead it costs VIP members gold stamps yet it is not VIP exclusive. Anyone can be traded tickets to get in. The store - since it was announced as VIP should be only VIP and the purchase categories should be Stamps or credits, NOT members and non members. VFK has upset many of their long time paying (and multiple memberships at that) players. I know you all like to say it is not fair but you cannot deny the simple FACT that the paying players are what keep VFK going.
  • edited October 2017
    So all your answer's are to force trading restrictions on V.I.P's, as if we weren't able to govern ourselves?  I think as a paying member I have the right to choose weather I trade or not, nobody is forcing me to.  I don't want staff to lock me down, especially if I pay.

If I pay I should get the most access, the most options, the most benefit for my money not have staff decide what I can and can not do.

Please don't ask VFK to take opertunities away from me, I have that enough in real, it's wrong.

I'm sorry but that is not the answer.
    TacoCatSignaturePetalStarthanks taco
  • Everyone saying the Antique Shop is not VIP needs to consider the system, this is not a new system at all, many real life clubs allow members to bring guests, this is no different.  It is still a VIP shop.

A VIP member has to give the ticket to someone in order to enter the shop, I have non-member friends, some people just can't afford a membership, and I like the option of being able to invite my friends in the shop.

It sounds like the root of this is people wanting to limit the number of people in the shop to increase their chances if getting an item, though the member section of the shop does just that, only members can buy from it, that means all those items in the member section were bought by members.

So I say keep the trading option on the ticket.

Also I tested it, and the ticket is not tradable between non-members.
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!

• Petalstar said:

• edited October 2017
    All the pictures are soo nice to have @Beintehaa can you believe I missed both days?  I'm so glad you posted these so I get to see what went on!! 

Thumbs up and thanks again! 
    :-bd

someone needs to do a video when the shop is open it sounds crazy!  Like black friday and I'd love to see it!
    ~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~
  • Blossomflower said:

Everyone saying the Antique Shop is not VIP needs to consider the system, this is not a new system at all, many real life clubs allow members to bring guests, this is no different.  It is still a VIP shop.

A VIP member has to give the ticket to someone in order to enter the shop, I have non-member friends, some people just can't afford a membership, and I like the option of being able to invite my friends in the shop.

It sounds like the root of this is people wanting to limit the number of people in the shop to increase their chances if getting an item, though the member section of the shop does just that, only members can buy from it, that means all those items in the member section were bought by members.

So I say keep the trading option on the ticket.

Also I tested it, and the ticket is not tradable between non-members.

But I think this more about people who pay that are not even able to get anything - then why are we paying??  Why, as the people that keep the game running financially, are we being forced to struggle to MAYBE get an item from a place that was supposed to be VIP? That's the big point. 
    Everyone is arguing the point why free players should have all access -- my point is I think it is wrong that people who pay cannot! Especiallywhat we believed was for us. VFK did NOT have to announce or make it VIP, that was all them, and then this happens??!!
    There shouldn't be anything a VIP shouldn't be able to have. If you WERE paying (those of you free players that are feeling you shouldn't have to) how would you feel. 
    Think about buying $200 worth of memberships - and you can't get an item someone free is getting. You really wouldn't be upset??!! If you say no, you wouldn't, you're not being truthful.

There are also MANY times in life where you just not gonna be able to have everything because you just cannot afford it. That's just the bottom line.
    Its not at all like the game is not fully functional to non members. They can participate in all games, events, hunts etc..

If VFK continues to push their paying players to the point they stop buying memberships, there will be NO game to play. So would you rather not be able to have one or two items. Or NO GAME to play at all?

• Don't be sad @Fonna I love trading!!!  It's my new favorite thing to do!  If all you want are the items I'll try and trade for them for you!  I know some people don't like to trade and so they feel if they don't buy the item they can never have it!  I love helping people!!  My mom says I get it from my dad and my dad says I get it from my mom hehe!

I'll see if I can get each of the items and gift them to you!  Are you on my friend list?  I'll check! 

P.S  I JUST GOT A DRAGON!!! And my mom let me have the silver one!!  I'm SOOO EXCITED!!!

• No you're not on my friend;s list!  I'm on the map if you ant to come be friends fonna!! :)

• OMG!!!  You added more picture @Beintehaa  YAY!!!

• edited October 2017
    goldenpuppy said:

No you're not on my friend;s list!  I'm on the map if you ant to come be friends fonna!! :)

You're adorable. I am not having a problem getting the items, and I don't mind trying. It's the bigger picture I am upset with. You keep your items, I appreciate the offer, I like to get things myself as well.

Congratulations on your dragon! Have fun burning down the Kingdom!!
  • Fonna said:

goldenpuppy said:

No you're not on my friend;s list!  I'm on the map if you ant to come be friends fonna!! :)

You're adorable. I am not having a problem getting the items, and I don't mind trying. It's the bigger picture I am upset with. You keep your items, I appreciate the offer, I like to get things myself as well.

Congratulations on your dragon! Have fun burning down the Kingdom!!
    Thank you @Fonna!!  how do you burn bushes?!?  I'd love to do that!

• @Fonna the non-members can't get in unless a VIP lets them in, VIPs decide who comes in, those are people who pay, I can't imagine that there were many non-members in there, probably only some boastful ones as the member section cleared out just as fast.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic but before we start campaigning to exclude non-members from the shop entirely, lets try to keep an open mind, I like the idea of the shop and sure it isn't perfect, but I don't think being able to trade the ticket is the issue.

Look at what the shop is trying to be and evaluate the points you like and the points you don't like, as i.am.chalk did, maybe what VFK needs to do is put more stuff in the member section and less in the regular section. 

If they only stocked the member section it would be the equivalent of excluding all non-members.  Which I don't think is the answer, but you get the idea.

VFK does need a fun way to introduce rare so think along those lines.

• edited October 2017
    Blossomflower said:

@Fonna the non-members can't get in unless a VIP lets them in, VIPs decide who comes in, those are people who pay, I can't imagine that there were many non-members in there, probably only some boastful ones as the member section cleared out just as fast.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic but before we start campaigning to exclude non-members from the shop entirely, lets try to keep an open mind, I like the idea of the shop and sure it isn't perfect, but I don't think being able to trade the ticket is the issue.

Look at what the shop is trying to be and evaluate the points you like and the points you don't like, as i.am.chalk did, maybe what VFK needs to do is put more stuff in the member section and less in the regular section. 

If they only stocked the member section it would be the equivalent of excluding all non-members.  Which I don't think is the answer, but you get the idea.

VFK does need a fun way to introduce rare so think along those lines.

I agree on many points - but they could do that in a regular store. My point I guess is getting lost. The VIPs do want their own section. Their own goodies just for them.

Yes this concept is great for you traders. It should have been implemented differently. It actually would be better as a regular event style shop that they run on and off all year long. We do need a new event style, this is perfect for that.

I just think it mixed 2 issues that shouldn't be mixed. This idea and concept is awesome. I like trying to get the items. I like that you can try for something rare. It really is a great idea.

Again my disappointment is I thought we were finally getting something special just for us and so it was a big let down.

And I am sure you won't agree based on your opinion, which you are entitled to, but I think VIP items should only be trade able to VIP.
      Let me just add that yesterday morning when I tried, non members were able to trade the ticket between them after getting it from a VIP. I guess that has changed??
  • edited October 2017
    Fonna said:

Let me just add that yesterday morning when I tried, non members were able to trade the ticket between them after getting it from a VIP. I guess that has changed??
    I don't know I hadn't checked until a couple hours ago, though I couldn't trade the ticket between my clones, though my clone could trade it back to me.

I see where you are coming from, I know VFK doesn't have any VIP exclusive areas, though the gold stamp store does have VIP Only Tradable items, even more so recently, and as you said those aren't so useful for traders.

On the VFK exclusive area topic, I know most people have mixed opinions, I don't know how I feel about it myself, I have played other games where they have introduced member exclusive areas and felt it did break up the kingdom, and in the end I didn't really like it.

But having a VIP Lounge might be okay, I don't know.
  • DAY 3 - THINGS ARE STILL A MESS. Although, things were a tiny bit easier to get today.

...I lied about not bothering with the store. 
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★