Epic Ages Desktop Client Updates!

edited January 2021 in VFK General

Epic Ages Desktop Client Version 0.9.7

01/18/2021
By The Epic Ages Team

Features in Version 0.9.7:
Remember Me Check Box Added.
Now you can choose to have your username and passwords remembered or not!
Saved Accounts now sorted in Alphabetical Order.
X Button Added to Saved Accounts Drop Down to Remove Saved Accounts.

Bug Fixes:
Entering a different case login name than one already saved/logged-in is now handled properly.
Duplicate accounts and empty entries are now removed from the saved accounts.

----------------------------------
Epic Ages Desktop Client Version 0.9.5!
11/29/2020
By The Epic Ages Team

EAClient_Background_Christmas_03

Experience the winter wonderland of the Login Screen in the latest updates for the Epic Ages Desktop Client!

Among the many client refinements and updates, there is the feature to Magnify while playing!

Simply Hold CTRL and tap the + or – keys on your Keyboard to change the magnification of your game!

keyboardkeys
Also holding CTRL and pressing 0 will reset the zoom level to 100%!
A visual interface for the new Zoom feature is planned to be part of the next update, as well as more features and enhancements.

Additionally on some computers the text did not display properly which has also been addressed in this update!

Here is a list of some features and adjustments which are planned to be rolled out in the coming months:

Ability to adjust, delete or not save your login information.
When logging out to resume the login splash screen.
Tab system.
Screenshot feature with gallery.
Legacy window functionality.

If you have any suggestions for future features, let us know here, or on http://devblog.epicages.com/

Stay tuned for more exciting announcements to come!

Merry Christmas!

Comments

• @VFK_Mintie wow, that's alot of progress and things to look forward to!  Quick question:  are we required to uninstall the old client to avoid conflict with the new client?  Also, migrating screenshots taken with the old client would be mighty handy, as well as migrating login info from old to new (maybe as an option).

Thanks much and Merry Christmas!  Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • Mac users! Use command and + or -
    There must always be blood, lots of blood!

I'm a lttle teapot short and stout!
  • not working for me
     at all

• Teapotprincess said:

Mac users! Use command and + or - this is not working for me im on mac

Teapotprincess said:

if anyone has solution plk help

Teapotprincess said:

Teapotprincess said:

Teapotprincess said:

Teapotprincess said:

Mac users! Use command and + or -

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
    AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
    Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters
    Options : History : Feedback : DonateClose
    Teapotprincess said:

Mac users! Use command and + or -

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
    AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
    Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters
    Options : History : Feedback : DonateClose
    Zaphire said:

not working for me

at all

• that command thing is not working for me at all
    wow 
     the end is near and we still can get it to work right yes Mac user can not get it to work.....i been talking to Apple they told me is on vfk side

• ON MY LAPTOP, WINDOWS 7 PRO OS, ON A DELL LATITUDE E6410 WITH CORE i5
    THE LAUNCH SOMETIMES FAILS. (EA NOT RESPONDING) IS MESSAGE SHOWN.
  • I just did the update and the screen is so big I can't see anything except part of the snowman face???
  • Suggestion:  Maybe your screen is "zoomed in"?  Try holding down the "Control" key and the "-" key (minus key) at the same time to minimize the screen.  I hope that helps, Princess.  By the way, holding down the "Control" key and the "+" key at the same time enlarges your screen.

• I have a problem that I'm seeing with both the Mac Epic Ages Client version .0.9.2 and the current Mac Epic Ages Client .0.9.4 .  I cannot see the Event Calendar. When I select the calendar using the Menu Button, the calendar window pops up and it takes between 30 seconds to a minute for the Time and Date grid to show up in the window. That is as far as it ever gets. The event data never populates into the grid. I've left it open for at least an hour multiple times with the same results every time.

I'm running Epic Ages on a Macintosh Pro Desktop computer with 32 GB of RAM running OS version 10.11.6 (OS X El Capitan) which is the latest OS version that this Macintosh can run. Buying a newer Mac isn't in the budget at the moment.

I've mentioned this issue to several of the VFK developers but it still is happening. It is becoming a much bigger concern now since Flash can no longer be used starting on January 12th (tomorrow). It's going to be very difficult if I can no longer access the Event Calendar.

• I get this for 30-60 seconds.....

And then I get this....

That is as far as things ever get.

• I posted two screenshots but I don't see them in my last message

• I'll try this again...

I get this for 30-60 seconds....

• And then I get this...

Which is as far as it ever gets

Blank
  • From bad, to worse

Now when I type in my login info and password, my Epic Ages Mac Client Version 0.9.4 looks like this:

• Hi Pendric!

Updating to the latest version 0.9.6 should fix the issue!

Just download the latest client from EpicAges.com, open the dmg and drag EA into the Applications folder, and choose replace when prompted!

If Mac OS tells you that it cannot open the application after the update, CTRL + Click Epic Ages Desktop in the Applications folder and select Open from the pop-up menu, then select Open again on the confirmation window.

We are working on a seamless update experience for Mac OS that should be available soon!
  • Thanks. I'll try that now and let you know how it goes. I didn't see a version higher than 0.9.4 for the Mac when I looked earlier today.
  • Thank you Mintie. That fixed the log in problem. The only issue that I still see is the Event Calendar issue that I mentioned in my earlier post. If you need me to toggle the Developer Tools on and take screen shots of what it says, please let me know. I'm certainly willing to assist in any way.

Thanks again,

Pendric (Greg)
  • I got it to work! Thank you Enigma!
    There must always be blood, lots of blood!

I'm a lttle teapot short and stout!
  • working for me not perfect need some work for mac but got it thank you Enigma........

• edited January 2021
    Sorry but I am seeing some flaws. Why did they take flash off?  :(

The flaw being I couldn't get the window to close. I had to restart the computer. However on a good note the loading screen is super fast.
  • edited January 2021
    Every few days my epic ages desktop icon disappears from my desktop and I cant find it under programs. As a result, I download it in order to use it.  However, the last two days, I downloaded the program but when I click open to run , it doesn't open.  What should I do?  I am using the download for windows for the desktop.
  • Hey BALLROOMDANCER!

Does the installer give an error when you open it?
  • When I downloaded the new EA, I could not control my mouse. It jumped all over the screen.  I had to uninstall and use the old EA download. I am concerned about down loading the new again.
  • edited January 2021
    Was there an update of EA today?  Windows threw up a pop up warning earlier on my PC, and having something to do with a file pertaining to EA.  Something about 'old EA' and uninstall (I think).  I cleared it to run as it looked benign.  Next time I went too start up EA, it was gone.  Had to re-download the EA client (no big deal), but I don't see any other harm.  Was this scheduled?  Please advise, thanks!!  Flame

Eta: I do see a few changes in the interface, so I'm guessing it was an update for a few things.  A popup explaining that it was an upgrade would have been cool, but no harm done.  Thanks much.

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • Howdy @Flamanar!

Yes a brand new update for the Epic Ages Desktop client came out last night!  you can find more information about it here:

Watch for more exciting updates to come, the next one that is in the pipeline are tabs!

-Mintie

• @maracita could you give more information about what you were experiencing?

Thank you!
  • Any immediate plans on improving performance? Because we have to go room to room to hunt polar bears, by the time I hit rooms like those in Splashtastic, I can barely move. Shutting down and restarting fixes the problem, but I don't really want to do that daily as I leave my computer on 24/7.

I have had similar issues with Mintie maze events and watering my gardens.

I suggested a while back the ability to launch multiple instances of the application. I am working around it by using Hyper-V virtual machines. 

Thanks.
  • I am having constant clicking problems. I am unable to click on things, like for example, if I go to the map and want to go to Victorian Age, I can't click over to move there. I usually have to refresh multiple times just to reach a destination.

Please resolve this clicking problem soon. It is a hassle refreshing for every click. 

Thank you.

bepannah01
  • Enigma,
    I do not have a numeric keypad at the side, only numbers across the top. I can't use zoom. Tried control (and shift) and plus but this does not work. Plus needs shift as it's at top of key. Minus is at bottom of another key, under the underline. My laptop is a Dell Latitude E6410 if you need view of key arrangement. I use Windows 7 pro.
    I hope you might know what to do? Please help!
    Uber thanks!
    Aintie
  • Holding CTRL and pressing the keys that have =/+ or -/_ next to the backspace key should adjust the zoom for you Auntie! 

In fact these are the keys I typically use myself to adjust the zoom!