Book vs. Game -- Miss Clue: Formula for Danger

Recently Arglefumph on Youtube talks about the differences between the first Miss Clue game and the book its based on. Thought you guys might like to check it out.

Comments

• Thanks so much for posting this JohnH.  I haven't checked out Arglefumph in a while so I would have missed this.  I love Madge Sterling and the Missing Formula mystery!  Actually I love all mystery books but especially the Madge Sterling genre like Nancy Drew, The Dana Girls, Penny Parker, etc.

The fact that this mystery was tied to a book was one of the reasons I first started playing Miss Clue, I love this Miss clue mystery as I thought it brought a lot of things to life for me and also added exciting elements.

I'm super excited for the new Miss Clue that is coming, I wonder if this means Arglefumph is planning on playing it when it comes out, it looks that way to me.  What do you think?

Watching this makes me want to play Formula for Danger again although Secret of the Haunted Garden is my favorite.

See you later Sleuthers!

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

whee      ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
    .."I think there is far more to this Robbery than one might suppose..." -Jane Darcy `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    .......................................................................................¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
    ............................................................³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
  • Something that you guys might also find interesting.   This is a post from a while back on here when someone also found which book Formula For Danger was based on it mentions a few other books as well:

I found the books Miss Clue is based on!

Enjoy!

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

.."I think there is far more to this Robbery than one might suppose..." -Jane Darcy `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    .......................................................................................¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
    ............................................................³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
  • Thanks for sharing!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • Hello fellow HER/Miss Clue fans! 

It's interesting Arglefumph decided to cover that, but like... Why?  Honestly I stopped watching him long ago because he bashed the Nancy Drew games so much when playing them and I really love Nancy Drew!  I mean yes, they weren't always perfect but is anything perfect in everyone's eyes? I normally watch AdventureGameFan8 for Nancy drew walkthroughs.

@spygirl I agree, he played previous Miss Clues so I think he'd play this one as well, it sounds reasonable.   Though for myself I want to be one of the first to play it!

On the previous topic though, I found the video pretty interesting and it's not a bad venue for him to go in, does anyone know if he has done any previous book VS game videos such as agatha christie or Nancy Drew?

• OMG that is so neat it was based on a book! I had no idea!!!!  thanks @JohnH

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• I remember the thread @spygirl posted!  Formula For Danger might be my favorite Miss Clue!

I wonder what Trials of Salem is based upon?  Or perhaps it is just based on the Salem Witch Trials!

Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • edited October 2020
    Hello @moonwolf!  It's been a while since we talked last!  How are you doing and did your move go okay?

As far as I know Arglefumph has not done any other book VS game videos which is pretty cool Miss Clue was his first one!  And I completely agree it's a neat concept!  I'd like to see him do The Deserted Yacht and The Secret of the Sundial, although in many cases when something is based on a book that is not the same thing as a book adaptation.  The first usually means creative licence is taken and the latter means it more closely follows the book, though this doesn't always hold true either lol

I guess for the reasons mentioned above that is why there doesn't seem to be a lot of book VS game videos in general.  The Youtube channel "StoryRetold" does do a comparison of Secrets Can Kill, Final Scene and Treasure in a Royal Tower though which aren't bad!

I am extremely excited about the coming Miss Clue and like you Moonwolf I want to be one of the first to play it!  

@Blossom I don't know of any specific books but most likely books about it exist.  There are several journals and documents from the time, at least I'm pretty sure there are, as you can see I'm not highly knowledgeable in this area.  When you watch things about the witch trials like "Three Sovereigns for Sarah" and even the beginning of Miss clue Trials of Salem they mention that a lot of documents were burned because of the shame of what happened so there isn't a lot of knowledge to go on as I understand.  If you look it up and find out more information I'd love to hear about it!

If anyone would like to post on my Christmas at Donner Pass thoughts and theories just follow this link:  

I notice you have a new avatar picture @JohnH very nice!

See you later Sleuthers!

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

• edited October 2020
    This was very fascinating!  Hi to everyone, I haven't seen you all in ages!

Thanks for sharing this video!
    DazzledreamSignature
  • edited October 2020
    Hello again!

Thank you so much @spygirl, yeah the move went good and we've been settled in for about 5 months now!  Can you believe how fast time goes sometimes?  I will send you some pictues, do you still know my facebook?  I'll also just post some pictures to you here and we can talk more in PM.  It's so amazingly beautiful this time of year.

I really appreciate all the information, I'll definitely check out storyretold I love comparison videos and back stories, I can never get enough of either!  I find it kind of odd that nobody does comparison videos of mystery games, maybe they don't get a lot of views and so they drop the idea quickly? go figure... I'll have to go read The Deserted Yacht and The Secret of the Sundial myself I suppose :P

Going to check out the thoughts and theories blog now.  I hope JohnH posts more cool updates later on!

See you all later!