IDEA: Custom Tune Composing in Record Shop

Idea1
Idea2
Idea3
(Above images from Animal Crossing series and Mario Paint Composer)

I know something was supposed to go into that corner of the Record Shop back when Retro Age was new, but since nothing's there yet I figured I'd add my two cents on something neat for there.

Despite all the fun music and sound effects for rooms, sometimes you have that specific *theme* in mind, or an iconic tune for a room paying tribute to something you enjoy. Getting the chance to make something from scratch with a basic music instrument palette that you could save to a slot to be able to play in a room would be a great new creative way to make your room memorable.

A basic palette with a limited-but-useful set of instruments, notes, and duration that you could save and name to a personal account slot would be a nice start. Maybe it could be playable on record players or a "new" kind of jukebox. It could even be taken a step further and have a module for publicizing your selected "tunes" (via an infobox for your tune) and playing other people's publicized tunes, somewhat akin to the TV and Channels.

Idea4
(Idea Mock-up that took me much longer than I expected it would to make)

What are your thoughts on the concept?
Thoughts?
  1. What do you think?
    1. Great idea!
      77.78%
    2. Good idea, but needs some cleanup/retooling.
      22.22%
    3. Bad idea.
        0.00%
    4. Neutral/Don't Care
        0.00%
    5. Other
        0.00%
Tagged:

Comments

• Awesome thread. I think I remember vfk saying we could make our own tunes here, but that didn’t happen yet.

I’d say there’s been 3 big features that players have awaited in vfk-
    Music maker
    Art tab released
    Quest/send players on scavenger hunt machines
  • Awesome thread. I think I remember vfk saying we could make our own tunes here, but that didn’t happen yet.

Music maker
    Art tab released
    Please elaborate on the third!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • MagentaDream said:

Awesome thread. I think I remember vfk saying we could make our own tunes here, but that didn’t happen yet.

Music maker
    Art tab released
    Please elaborate on the third!
    People have been wanting quest machines since vfk began. In vmk (vfks beta player base mostly all came from vmk), vmk had machines that players could buy. I believe they were 30,000 credits (maybe in vfk they could be an expensive item to cash gold stamps on).

These machines let players make their own quests that people can participate in. The owner of the machine supplies the prizes, makes the quest questions and answers. It’s essentially making your own quest. I was suggesting this machine could let people make quests and scavenger hunts. I think it could be cool.

Personally, I’d prefer to see the epic quest for jet pack enchantment (alternative to fairy), and or the art tab released before the quest machine, but I still like this idea).