Making donuts

When I try to light the burner with a match, it doesn't light.  When I turn on the burner first, everything blows up.  What am I missing? Thanks

Comments

• Hi @guest175216,

Try getting the lit match, then turn the burner on low and light the burner. Then you can turn the burner up to 5!

If you have any trouble let us know!

-Mintie
  • How many donuts is suppose to do
  • Hi @Guest783165

You should need to make 8 Doughnuts!

I hope this helps!

-Mintie
  • Ironically, I never touched the dial to adjust the flame.  lol!  it worked for me just using the matches.  I must've gotten a newer model of that stove ;) 

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • I remember throwing a donut dough into a hot pan with no oil and burning the heck out of the dough. My aunt came rushing in and turned off the fire and threw water into the pan. Lots of smoke. Best moment ever as an 11 year old and I can still remember it clearly. :P

We fried donuts at school before in my Home Economics class. We were successful. I tried to do it at home and forgot the oil. XD

@Flamanar

This scene in Miss Clue reminds me of that time, lol.

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • Home Ec.  Wow, I remember taking that in high school.  No idea if guys still have to take it these days or not??

• Flamanar said:

Home Ec.  Wow, I remember taking that in high school.  No idea if guys still have to take it these days or not??

My elementary school's curriculum is amazing (it was private). In Home Economics we made jams, snacks and preservatives. In 6th grade we had basic Algebra and Computer Science (I just remember having early subjects). They made sure to prepare us for secondary educ. Yea, still had Home Economics in HS (now its public). We learned how to cook pastas and sew different things (we made baby clothes because you know). The guys are in woodworking and stuff. At least for me the subjects have been really well rounded.

Oh also this was abroad, not in USA so it's really different. :D

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • GIFT said:

Flamanar said:

Home Ec.  Wow, I remember taking that in high school.  No idea if guys still have to take it these days or not??

My elementary school's curriculum is amazing (it was private). In Home Economics we made jams, snacks and preservatives. In 6th grade we had basic Algebra and Computer Science (I just remember having early subjects). They made sure to prepare us for secondary educ. Yea, still had Home Economics in HS (now its public). We learned how to cook pastas and sew different things (we made baby clothes because you know). The guys are in woodworking and stuff. At least for me the subjects have been really well rounded.

@GIFT wow, I wonder if US still requires guys to learn all that?  I remember wood-working/shop class.  But they also had us in home-ec, learning how to cook and such.  Granted that was....well it was before1980.  LOL  Curious if guys are still taught basic stuff like that.  Guys still graduate and move out  and get their own place.  Gotta learn how to cook, fix holes in the walls, LOL!  Or even sew a button back on.  Iron clothes, wash/dry clothes.  Cooking alone is taxing.  lol

• @GIFT Sounds you like you had an excellent education!!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • @Flamanar Guys should know all that stuff! :D

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • edited March 2020
    Flamanar said:

GIFT said:

Flamanar said:

@GIFT wow, I wonder if US still requires guys to learn all that?  I remember wood-working/shop class.  But they also had us in home-ec, learning how to cook and such.  Granted that was....well it was before1980.  LOL  Curious if guys are still taught basic stuff like that.  Guys still graduate and move out  and get their own place.  Gotta learn how to cook, fix holes in the walls, LOL!  Or even sew a button back on.  Iron clothes, wash/dry clothes.  Cooking alone is taxing.  lol

I don't think it's in the Common Core curriculum. Actually I don't know at all so don't quote me on that! I mean, looking at my cousins, looks like they don't know how to. :P

XD I remember learning the different kinds of stitches and sewing buttons (again elementary). My teachers also wants us to have clean nails and hands and we wear uniforms everyday. Again because it's a private Christian school. There were only 10 of us in one class. English and Science were so fun! And I love being a girl scout. But because the parents were concerned for our well-being during camping, they decided for us to camp inside the building instead of outside, in the wild forest or something. So we set up our tents inside the 4 walls on one of the floors of our school building, lol. o.O We still set up our tents and sing all the camp fire songs. I love the sight of a dark school building but we weren't permitted to look around haha.

My favorite part also was our field trips or just being outside the classroom. We went to a shoe factory and we saw lines and lines of tennis shoes being made, went to a science museum w/ different illusions, went to a planetarium (we would sit in a globular theatre and the whole theater becomes a galaxy) and we do this twice a year, went to the Seismology center and learned about earthquakes, went to the national electricity office and saw the huge control room & screen where all the traffic lights are designated. Actually those last 2 places must be in High School, lol. We also went to a dam and it was actually a mountain and planted lots of trees and I remember getting bit by so many bugs around my legs that I couldn't feel anything. I forgot to spray bug spray! :O I think I stepped on their home tbh.

Now because I went to public in High School, it was a rude awakening of my sheltered life, lol! :D But but but, I count those memories as one of the best too. Made friends that I still keep in contact with. But in short, I had a culture shock in HS. Imagine the movie Mean Girls. LOL!

Oh the memories, its starting to flow in my mind right now. Such fun times. :D

@Flamanar

@Flamanar

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • @GIFT WOW.  Um I can relate, although I'm a guy.  My parents sent me to Christian school until Junior High.  Then I was tossed around for years like a ragdoll.  Ok, bad analogy, but it was a personal 'hell', yep!  Didn't start fitting in until last couple years of Senior High.  Still friends with most of my graduating class (including the bullies!) on a social media site which I doubt I'm allowed to mention lol.  Then went to Christian college (too much freedom that I wasn't used to, so I withdrew after 3 semesters...but did meet my future wife there :)  ).  Then moved to Alaska for a year where my aunt and uncle were Christian missionaries with Arctic Missions (which has morphed into something totally different now, sorry to say...they live on east coast now in Amish territory...no they're not Amish lol).  In Alaska I worked for the Anchorage Times newspaper (which doesn't exist anymore).  I saw Back to the Future, Weird Science and Goonies when they all premiered while I was in AK.  Although my memory fades.  Took me awhile, but eventually I found AK was a lonely place (at least for me).  And I was getting into trouble.  So I moved back East.  I remember my airplane touching down here, and the only thing going through my mind was "what have I done?  @_@ ".  LOL  I was used to the people, the scenery, etc. that was AK.  But I re-connected with that girl I met in college, and 2 weeks later we were engaged.  We celebrated 33 years this year.  Yeah, we're old and curmudgeony.  LOL  Actually quite young at heart.  It's just our bodies limit us from playing football and such LOL  Old age is impossible to prepare for, and I still have trouble grasping it. 

Short life story right there ;)  Oh, I rarely wear clothes with buttons anymore, so I'm good, lol!