Recipes!

edited January 2020 in General
recipes

I made these cookies for Santa at Christmas, and I thought I would share them with everyone here since they turned out so tasty!
Perhaps we could all share a few recipes with each other, or at least the general idea of what our 
favorite meal is/favorite snack, so others can try it too :D

Here's my recipe:

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies

~~Ingredients~~
  • 1 1/4 cups White Sugar
  • 1 cup Butter (2 sticks)
  • 4 oz of an 8 oz package of Cream Cheese (half)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder

~~Directions~~
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream together sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Beat in eggs until airy.
Using the same bowl, add flour, cocoa, and baking soda on top, then stir.

Form dough into balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Don't flatten. 

Bake 10 minutes, until tops are cracked.

~~Chocolate Syrup~~
  • 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
  • 1 tbsp Butter

Melt butter and cream together in a saucepan until bubbly.  Remove from heat and stir in Chocolate Chips until evenly melted.

Once cookies are out of the oven, take the back of a teaspoon and press into the top of the hot cookie, leaving a round indentation in the surface.
Fill indentation with chocolate syrup mixture, and leave to cool about 5-10 minutes.

Serve and enjoy! :)

---
Have fun making these cookies, I did!! :D 
<:-P <:-P

Brought to you by Chef Marzipan :D
About your Chef:
Marzipan loves to play VFK and cooks in between finishing Scavenger Hunts and earning Ice Coins :D

MarzipanChef
I am a total mystery girl!
Never without my magnifying glass <3
MarzipanFromBluewiz3
Thanks to @bluewiz for this amazing Secret Santa Christmas present!!

Comments

• Ohhh a recipe thread!! I love it. that recipe sounds amazing! :) 
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • Holly said:

Ohhh a recipe thread!! I love it. that recipe sounds amazing! :) 

You should try it, it's really good!!
    Do you have a recipe you'd like to post? :D
    I am a total mystery girl!
    Never without my magnifying glass <3
    MarzipanFromBluewiz3
    Thanks to @bluewiz for this amazing Secret Santa Christmas present!!
  •   @Marzipan, I love this!! :) Food is so, sooooo yummy...!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • edited January 2020
    This is off topic but it still can be filed under the sweets category!

I bought these again during the holidays!!!

DARK CHOCOLATE "MARZIPAN" LOG

@Marzipan This is you lololol :))

20200115_111141
    20200115_111125
    20200115_110714

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • edited January 2020
    Now, this is where I belong! @Marzipan Thank you for creating this thread! I feel at home here!  :D And I have so many recipes that I would absolutely LOVE to share, as baking and cooking, in general, is a HUGE passion of mine. In fact, I haven't gotten much school work done lately because I'm always making something....  :-SS However, I will gladly share two of my favourite things to make! (Spoiler: Nevermind... THREE things!  8-> )

Spoiler:
    Recipe 1: The Best Darn Brownies --- Oh. My. Goodness... These are so good. I got several of my recipes from my great aunt, who was an amazing baker! This is one of them! And the best part... They are SO easy, and fairly quick to make. Here's a secret-not-so-secret: They are DELICIOUS with ice cream or what I love to do, add marshmallows on top after they come out of the oven.

1 cup of butter (room temp would probably be best)
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    2 cups flour
    2 cups sugar
    4 eggs
    4 teaspoons vanilla

Mix ingredients together using an electric mixer, or by hand (whatever your preference). Pour in a 9x13 pan. Bake 20-25 minutes @ 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.7 degrees Celsius).
    These brownies go very well with peppermint ice cream, especially!

Spoiler:
    Recipe 2: French Breakfast Puffs! -- I personally LOVE this recipe, and I actually made it a couple of days ago. Real quick before we start, I have a baking tip. I’m sure y’all have made baked goods and they come out too dry. Next time you bake, when the recipe says… for example, 20-25 minutes, do it for 20, because it can always go in longer. If it is done at the minimum time, then take it out. I learned this from my friend because I told her these muffins were coming out too dry. Now into the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour

1 ½ teaspoons baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon nutmeg

½ cup white sugar

1/3 cup shortening

1 egg

½ cup milk

½ cup white sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

6 tablespoons margarine, melted (I use regular butter)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line cups with paper muffin liners.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, cream together ½ cup sugar and shortening. Beat in egg. Stir flour mixture into shortening mixture alternately with milk. Beat well. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (Beware, batter is extremely sticky)

Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. While muffins are baking, combine ½ cup sugar (2nd sugar listing in the ingredient list) and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

Remove muffins from oven and muffin pan. Immediately, dip the tops of the muffins into the melted butter/margarine, then into the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Repeat with each muffin, until all muffin tops are covered. Serve warm (but they work well at room temperature!).

Spoiler:
    Recipe 3: The Perfect Hot Chocolate

Okay! Here is one I make almost every day! And it is absolutely the best (and goes great with the French Breakfast Puffs). It truly is The Perfect Hot Chocolate! It is only 3 ingredients! Enjoy!

1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder

1/3 Cup white sugar (use ¼ cup sugar if you like you hot chocolate a little bit less sweet! :D)

1 ¾ cup milk

¼ cup milk (to be used separately from other milk)

Stir together the cocoa powder and sugar in a medium saucepan.

Add ¼ cup of milk and stir constantly over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Continue stirring constantly until all sugar is dissolved. Make sure to not let it burn!

Add the remaining milk to the pan and bring the heat up to desired temperature!

Top with marshmallows or drink it straight up!

I hope y’all enjoyed my craziness! I know I did!

HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • 20200228_144110
    20200228_144125
    20200228_144249
    20200228_144303

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • This is my go-to quick dessert: EGG LESS CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE!!!!

*I only use 1 TBSP of sugar as I don't like it super sweet!

Here's how mine turned out:

20200408_160129
    20200408_160316

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • I came across this recipe a few months back and my son absolutely loves it!

Lemon Blueberry Bread

1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Lemon Glaze
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*F.

Spray 9″x 5″ loaf pan lightly with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.

In the bowl with an electric mixer, blend together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.

While slowly mixing, add flour mixture and milk in two batches (some flour, then some milk, then the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk).

Stop mixing as soon as it’s just combined.

In a small bowl toss the blueberries and 1 T flour. This will help prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of your loaf while baking. Gently fold into batter.

Immediately pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Cool bread in the pan for about 20 minutes.

While the bread is cooling, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.

Remove bread from pan. Poke holes in top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the loaf.
  • Creamy Shredded Chicken Chili 

Ingredients: 
    1 Red Onion - rough chopped 
    Garlic 
    *Spices (to taste) I ended up using about 2 tablespoons of each seasoning except for the optional one's 
    Cumin, Oregano, Coriander, Paprika, Salt and Pepper 
    (Optional: seasoning salt, a pinch of chili powder)
    1 can of Mild Green Chilies 
    1 Can of Corn
    1 Can of white navy beans drained and set aside (for puree) 
    1 Can of white navy beans drained 
    1 block of softened cream cheese
    1 32 oz Chicken stock 
    3-4 C Shredded Cooked Chicken (I used 3 Chicken breasts and that was plenty)
    Fresh lime juice from 1 lime.

Directions 
    In a pot add olive oil and saute your onion. once your onion is cooked, add in your garlic and seasonings and stir so that the garlic doesn't burn and the seasonings get mixed in. 

once your onion and garlic is cooked, add in your diced green chilies, chicken stock and shredded chicken and let simmer for 15 mins. 

while that is simmering, puree 1 can of the drained and washed white navy beans and add to your pot

add the other can of white navy beans and corn, lime juice and your cream cheese and stir.

Cover pot with a lid and turn to low heat and let simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes 

and voila, you have a super yummy chicken chili perfect for rainy days! 
    (tip: the longer you let it simmer the better it tastes.) 

• edited July 2020
    My freshly chopped fruits! I also made little slices and put them in little plates as my ration for the next days. #VITAMINC

Papaya
    Strawberry 
    Pineapple 
    Apple
    Mango 

20200703_113447
    20200703_113346
    20200703_113324
    20200703_113350

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • That look delicious : )