VFK Shutting Down 2020?

Hi I was hoping VFK staff could shine some light on this. Adobe Flash will no longer be a thing as of 2020 with Adobe and browsers dropping support. VFK is run on flash from my understanding. Is VFK going to shut next year?? :( I hope not and if it is going to I would like to know with time not a day before. Sorry if this sounds exaggerating but with no flash support how can we play the game?

Comments

• edited October 2019
    The devs and Gail have told me not to worry. The staff and devs have been hard at work rewriting the game to work in Unreal.

I am currently learning unreal in school, and learning any program is like learning a new language (it takes a lot of patience and dedication). I hope the staff can pull through and make it work without flash.

Like I said, they have told me “not to worry”, so that’s a good sign. With that said, I hope they’re not lying and telling us not to worry (but then they actually can’t keep it open). I hope they can..

Also hi MGMT!!! I’m too busy with my work to play actively right now. I’ve just been going on for the antique shop :P
  • EA desktop client will still function as normal.
  • I heard they're switching to HTML5 and EA client will be the main software. Flash player won't cease til December 2020 so that's still more than a year.

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • The EA Client will still work as @Tomorrow says and with VFK 3D beta, we know that the staff is working to implement new technologies. That said, knowing how the internet works, there will still be unsupported, older, versions of flash, that someone could theoretically install. Firefox, I know, has said it will support Flash until the end of 2020. And in some browsers, you can choose not to update to the newer versions without flash. 

Overall though, let's not spread panic about VFK closing. If it ever does close, the staff will surely tell us. 
  • I don't think VFK would shut down I 2020  they been open since too thousand and eight  next year their twelveth anniversary im so excited for next years cheer leader outfits too . too months away until Cheerleading outfit reveal day I think VFK will be around for very long time 
  • I wasn’t try to scare anyone I just wanted to hear from the staff some reassurance because the reality is adobe flash won’t be supported beyond 2020. I guess EpicAges will ensure that the game still runs but I would still like to hear back from staff on this.

@millsfan it’s ok! I saw you at the events but I’ve been busy too so I didn’t get to talk. We need to catch up! :)
  • @VFK_Mintie has repeatedly said that EpicAges will still be supported at muliple Garden closing parties.
  •    I haven't asked staff myself about this issue, but I think we need not worry about anything! I have faith in their skills. I also have a good feeling about this sooooooooooooooooo.................

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • edited November 2019
    When the game opened they promised they would never close the way VMK did.  I am certain that they will do eveything they can to make it work and if there is no hope for some reason they will give us plenty of notice.
  • VFK is going to be using HTML5. 

With the new Chome Google Update, VFK is already gone for me. I'm using a new browser which is in testing stages and is for developers etc. I'm not too happy with it as its very buggy and it won't save passwords for long periods of time. 
    If you have Chrome 76, please do not update. After Chrome 76, Flash is officially removed. I'm on a MAC, so windows may not see this update till next month.. idk.

EA runs on AIR, so it won't have any problems running after 2020. 

And VFK3D will be on Stream. 
    Pixsig
  • @Pixx

I'm on Windows and running Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87 and both vfk and epic ages browser run fine for me? 
  • As I stated above, I'm on a MAC and windows had not been influenced as yet. But thanks for letting me know on the 78. But so far I have lost VFK and all other Flash sites on Chrome.
    Pixsig
  • @Pixx

Yeah, I saw that, but I was just thinking it was odd that Chrome is not doing to across platforms. I do know on mine I have to go into settings and enable flash. I'm not sure if you've done that or not yet, but it might be something worth checking out. You could try changing to Firefox as well, they're going to support Flash until the end of 2020.
  • my chrome browser says flash will not be supported after December 2020 so it appears flash will be available on chrome until then. 

the staff are hard at work on vfk 3d and as @Pixx said, the client EA runs on adobe air so that shouldn't present any problems.

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• Chrome made an official announcement on Flash this past week. It was the same day of the update and when I lost Flash. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here or not to the official announcement from Chrome. 

The new browser I am currently working is not the best! At least vfk is working, but I am dealing with a lot of issues. 
    Pixsig
  • Kitten said:

The EA Client will still work as @Tomorrow says and with VFK 3D beta, we know that the staff is working to implement new technologies. That said, knowing how the internet works, there will still be unsupported, older, versions of flash, that someone could theoretically install. Firefox, I know, has said it will support Flash until the end of 2020. And in some browsers, you can choose not to update to the newer versions without flash. 

Overall though, let's not spread panic about VFK closing. If it ever does close, the staff will surely tell us. 
    have to see what happens when it switch,,, is different not all might be there or just different..it just happen on game from a friend ass so different.......lost a lot of stuff

• edited December 2019
    I want to believe they will not close but lately - (months really) have me wondering.
    Things have not been working properly for months now. Item loading issues, things and events moving and being  cancelled and postponed time and time again. 
    I have gotten very frustrated by it all.
    Reading this thread, clearly  its all a big guessing game/speculation from us all. There is no communication from the Staff.
    I have been having a problem with something disappearing and have sent Help messages to absolute no avail, not even the decency of a reply. (about to dispute that membership with my credit card)
    I am not sure what is happening behind the scenes, NONE of us are.  No  matter how some may speak with 'authority' like they do. Only the staff knows.
    I am getting increasingly worried. 
    I bought the new memberships, I love VFK and want it to continue but I am not sure about that anymore.

Something is very wrong! There is no denying that fact.
  • Fonna said:

I want to believe they will not close but lately - (months really) have me wondering.
    Things have not been working properly for months now. Item loading issues, things and events moving and being  cancelled and postponed time and time again. 
    I have gotten very frustrated by it all.
    Reading this thread, clearly  its all a big guessing game/speculation from us all. There is no communication from the Staff.
    I have been having a problem with something disappearing and have sent Help messages to absolute no avail, not even the decency of a reply. (about to dispute that membership with my credit card)
    I am not sure what is happening behind the scenes, NONE of us are.  No  matter how some may speak with 'authority' like they do. Only the staff knows.
    I am getting increasingly worried. 
    I bought the new memberships, I love VFK and want it to continue but I am not sure about that anymore.

Something is very wrong! There is no denying that fact.
      I feel the same way too!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • While I don't think VFK is closing, I do agree with @Fonna something is very clearly wrong. I don't know if we need more staff, new staff, or what, but we need more communication. I shouldn't have to IM my entire friends list to find someone who is able too and willing to find a staff to talk too with an issue I'm having. ( shout out to @waterfallglow for last night!)
  • They really need to start getting things back on track! :/
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • This is sad reality of how the players feel. Makes me sad to see it.

Screenshot (49)
  • Hey Everyone!

I know I've answered this question a few times on the map!  But just so you all know we have no intention of closing down VFK!

We are actively working on updating VFK and VFK 3D, and we are aware that Flash will stop being supported in browsers at the end of 2020.

Obviously with all the changes we are making sometimes things can go a little haywire!  But we are working all the time on making things more stable and fun!

We do all of our development in-house and we plan on 2020 being full of awesome surprises!

Also the EA Desktop Client is unaffected by the discontinuation of Flash, and so we will be making more improvements to it, and most likely multi-instance support.

We are also working on a new Browser Version of VFK based on HTML5 that will hopefully also include 3D support!

I'm always available on the map every night to answer questions and fix issues (if I don't answer just ask me again, I'm probably just distracted lol)

And you can also send me a message here on Miss Clue and I'll answer it when I see it!

We truly appreciate and share your passion for VFK, and we look forward to a lot more fun! :Do
  • edited December 2019
    Thanks for answering Enigma. It helps to know this first hand, especially when things aren’t going right in game
  • @Fonna that's fine!  As I said you can always send me a PM here on Miss Clue also!
  • I think most people not realize this unless you go down this path...

GAME development is not easy. Thank you @vfk_enigma for chiming in.

Vfk has a lot on their plate, and players are lucky they even somehow manage to do events and releases with also having to reformat the game. Sure, having more staff could always help, but maybe they aren’t in the situation to get more help right now. At least everyone can sit right now knowing vfk is in good hands
  • Kitten said:

While I don't think VFK is closing, I do agree with @Fonna something is very clearly wrong. I don't know if we need more staff, new staff, or what, but we need more communication. I shouldn't have to IM my entire friends list to find someone who is able too and willing to find a staff to talk too with an issue I'm having. ( shout out to @waterfallglow for last night!)

You are welcome Kitten! Your shout out made me smile. I am glad I saw your IM during a time I actually was NOT afk and that I was able to help. -hugs hugs- :)

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^