Halloween 2019 Suggestion Masterpost!

edited September 2019 in VFK Developer Ideas!
It's September which means we are officially making our way into Halloween season! Halloween is one the best -- if not the very best -- times on VFK, so I am very excited to see what is in store for us this year! This thread is a compilation of ideas that my friends and I have come up with, and everyone is welcome to comment their own ideas below! Happy Halloween, everybody!
*EDIT* I had to abandon the spoilers because they weren't working. I know the thread is long so I'm sorry about that!!!

Antiques

Haunted Paintings!
The haunted paintings are a hit every year. I truly think the Halloween antique paintings are by far the best, so I've compiled a bunch of suggestions!

@Bluewiz came up with a great idea to have haunted Bride & Groom portraits (separate paintings). The bride & groom would be pictured in their mortal form and then morph into a ghostly form (like the ghosts in the Victorian Mansion at Halloween time!)
An addition to this set could be a pin of the dancing couple in the Victorian Mansion (this could also be a third painting idea). @Bluewiz animated an example in the gif below:

dancingcouplepin

Some other painting ideas that I think would be cool:

Headless Horseman Painting

headlesshorseman painting

Medusa Painting
In this painting I think it would be particularly cool if lightning flashes revealed Medusa (instead of just morphing into her)

medusapainting medusapainting2

Haunted Mansion/Castle Painting
This could look really cool with animated lightning strikes

hauntedmansionpainting

Antique Room!

I'd love a Haunted Gallery room where the walls give off the illusion that they are stretching through a chat command (like how "fireplace off" or "snow off" will control the fireplace/snow in some guest rooms)

isthisroomactuallystretching

Antique Pin!

I'd love to see a Halloween rendition of the antique snowman snow globe pin in a Crystal Ball form! Animated to swirl and sparkle of course ;)
@Bluewiz made an example picture below, without the animation:

crystalballpin

Memberships

It would be really nice to see some Halloween memberships this year that showcase more classic elements of Halloween. In past Halloweens we've had a total of 8 dragon/bird mounts and I personally am kind of wanting something new. I know some players worry that new players may not have the chance to burn foliage in the future without a dragon, so I think it would be ideal to have a very standard dragon return each Halloween or just have a standard dragon membership available all year round (maybe the purple or green ones since those were the most basic). It would give people the continuous ability to burn foliage without the predictability/similarity of more dragon bundles every year. :)
Some ideas my friends and I brainstormed include:

Witch Membership
-- Broom mount that we can ride and float around on!

Skeleton Horse Membership
-- The mount of the membership would be a skeleton horse similar the antique haunted carriage horses!
-- Like the reindeer mounts have sleighs that we can attach to them, it would be cool if we could attach a haunted carriage or pumpkin carriage to our skeleton horse!
-- @Tomorrow the Magic King suggests a Headless Horseman FX in which the player holds a pumpkin in their arms like the Headless Horseman. This could also be a great alternative to the pumpkin game magics we get every Halloween as I know some people have said they'd love to see something new for the mini games (Would look really cool on a horse mount!)

skeletonhorse

skeletonhorse1

pumpkincarriage

Storybook Membership
-- The longest of the bundles with darker, more grim fairy tales for the Halloween season, but turn more lighthearted into the Winter/Christmas/Spring seasons
-- Each bundle could be told to us as if it were a storybook, perhaps instead of the usual scroll pop-up, we could flip through pages
-- Storyteller FX where the avatar holds a book with fast flipping pages and magical sparkles, with elements of different fairy tales floating around
-- Another @Tomorrow FX idea, you turn into a pop up book and become part of the story

storytellerfx

FX & Pins

@Bluewiz suggests a Ghostly Seance FX where your body becomes a floating fortune teller table and the player's head is inside a floating crystal ball. This could be a really cool antique FX! He made the example pictures below:

ghostlyseance

Example of the FX on a lanyard:

ghostlyseance on lanyard

@Tomorrow wants a Mummy FX!

A  Victorian Ghost Clock Pin! Both the Victorian Ghost Clocks and the Harvest Moon Clock Pins are fan favourite items, and I would LOVE to see the two meshed together into a Victorian Ghost Clock Pin!!

victorianghostclockpin

As for a Halloween pet... We have a bunch of regular puppies, and we have a Halloween black kitty... so why not a Black Puppy! I am the owner of a black puppy irl and I've wanted a virtual one to match for quite a while now, and I think Halloween would be the perfect time to get one! Please ignore the horrible editing skills lol.

blackpuppy

Costumes

Keep in mind, some of these have been suggested in previous years but I would still love to see them so I'm re-posting! :)

Coraline!
I'd love to have Coraline, the Other Mother and the Other Father! With button-eye face paint I think these would be really cool

coralinecostumes

Winnie the Pooh!
Pooh Bear, Christopher Robin (with a carry-able balloon for BOTH boys and girls would be adorable), Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore! 

winniethepooh

Kim Possible & Ron Stoppable!

kimpossibleronstoppable

And from the same series, the villains: Dr. Drakken and Shego.

drdrakkenshego

Peter Pan & Wendy!
Also a Nana bonnet for puppies would be the cutest thing in the world.

peterpanwendynana

Chefs!

chefs

Sonic the Hedgehog!

sonic
soniccraft

Jasmine and Aladdin alternate outfits!
I would kill for Jasmine's purple outfit :)
jasminefancyoutfitaladdincasualoutfit 

I also think it'd be nice to have more spooky costumes! I don't really have any suggestions, but I find that a lot of our costumes are pretty lighthearted so adding some edginess would be great!

Clothing

A Purple Candy Corn Hat like the antique purple candy corn chairs, perhaps an antique as well?

purplecandycornhat

I really want Halloween pajamas! My personal favourite are the candy corn pajamas with a black background <3

halloweenpyjamas

Furniture

-- A scarecrow that has crows fly in and land on it, similar to the butterfly/bird palm trees that we have
-- Cave stalactites with bats that fly in and land on them like above
-- Free floating bats, both hanging upside down and mid-flight
-- A new giant moon that we can piece together like the old scavenger hunt moon base & cross-sections. Perhaps a yellow, red or Harvest moon?
-- A Purple Ghost lava lamp with purple fluid (we don't have a purple lava yet!) with little ghosties floating throughout. I think the marshmallow ghosts we have are so cute and would be perfect for a lava lamp!

marshmallowghost

-- A Purple Victorian Ghost Clock mansion prize
-- For trick or treating, the golden pumpkin could have golden vines with golden leaves
-- @Tomorrow wants an Indian Candy Corn chair

indiancandycorn

-- A Lavender Flickering Pumpkin ;)

lavenderpumpkin

-- Completely black write-able signs (great for building)
-- Lights that flicker 
- -Rain clouds (starts to rain when you rotate them)
-- Active object clouds that shoot lightning when activated
-- Update to modern mannequins so that they can sit & lay down when your rotate them (kind of like the dolls do, but ideally with two sitting options: sitting-on-the-ground form and sitting-in-a-chair form)
-- Update to modern mannequins so that they can carry items
-- Update to modern mannequins that gives us the ability to put facial hair on boy mannequins (girls don't have a facial hair tab in our inventories, but if we own a buyable beard we should be able to put them on boy mannequins!)

Halloween Building Contest

Here are some ideas for the Halloween contest medals/trophies:

Crescent Moon

crescentmoonmedals
crescentmoonmedalsonplayer

@Tomorrow suggests a crescent moon with a skull face:

crescentmoonskullface

Skull

skullmedals
skullmedalsonplayer

Also, for the Contest Boutique I would really love to see a Candy Corn Necklace and a Candy Corn Pin!!!

candycornnecklace
candycornpin

Annual Ghost Ship Quest

The annual Ghost Ship Quest takes place in early October, and over the years we've acquired so many variations of ghost pirate furniture and ghost pirate clothing. This year, I'd love for the Ghost Ship Quest to venture into a new category: pins! I envision a ghostly pirate ship bobbing up and down on stormy waters with a lightning strike in the dark, cloudy sky. 

ghostshipgif
ghostshippin

Comments

• I love these ideas

Particularly, the crystal ball pin! I think that would be great for an antique shop or a host hunt! 

I also really like the idea of the story book membership.  Such a cool idea!  
  • just yes all yes. especially halloween jammies
    art-starbucks 
  • FracturedMemories said:

I love these ideas

Particularly, the crystal ball pin! I think that would be great for an antique shop or a host hunt! 

I also really like the idea of the story book membership.  Such a cool idea!  
    Wooot
    prettyredstone said:

just yes all yes. especially halloween jammies

i know right!!
  • I LOVE this!
    Zoee said:

An addition to this set could be a pin of the dancing couple in the Victorian Mansion (this could also be a third painting idea). @Bluewiz animated an example in the gif below:

dancingcouplepin

• Fonna said:

I LOVE this!
    Zoee said:

dancingcouplepin

Cool right?!

• edited September 2019
    Enchantment: Ghostly Seance would be awesome!! Such a great edit @bluewiz -- would be very fitting as an antique since we have so many antique Maleva/Fortune Teller items. Especially love the darker color scheme since it's a nice change from the other FX colors we have.

The purple crystal ball pin is probably my favorite suggestion on this whole thread! Would make for a great host hunt or antique pin. Gives me snowglobe pin vibes, which have always been well received by the players.

A medusa painting would be really spooky! Would definitely make a nice addition to the haunted painting collection.

I do think it's time we had a lavender flicker pumpkin! Especially since we have repeated some colors like blue and red already

Chef costumes are a necessity! I think it would be funny if the hair for the outfit resembled that of Gordon Ramsay's. A carry spatula or whisk would tie the outfit together! Also really love the idea of pumpkin pajamas -- maybe the headless horseman could deliver them Halloween morning like Santa and the Easter bunny do on their holidays.

Some small edits I made -- with VFK's 13th Halloween coming up in 2020, I would love to see a grandiose prize for catching the 13 ghosts in the Victorian Mansion: a purple victorian ghost clock!
    PurpleVictorianGhostClock

Halloween Indian Candycorn Chair
    IndianCandycornChair

Thanks for the thread! Happy Halloweeeeen!!
  • edited September 2019
    A quality of life improvement that would be incredible:
    - Have an area in Sleepy Hollow where we can just ESCAPE from the headless horseman, so we don't have to sit through rounds and rounds of the game only to lose after waiting 10 minutes to get to that point. You could make this limited to those who have gotten enough prizes from each tests of skill just for the enchantment.

A quality of life improvement:
    Change all titles of every piece of candy ever released based on the year it was released, like you did for Halloween 2018 Candy. It makes it a lot easier and more fun to participate with the ultimate candy exchange.

Remember the Letter Hunt for the anniversary? Could we have that for Halloween, except you might have the letters spell out "Trick or Treat!" or "Halloween!"? This would be an incredible and different way to release a spooky painting, enchantment, or guest room for 100,000 credits each just like the Letter hunt during the anniversary (as opposed to only the Antique shop)

32cb878a
  • Fonna said:

I LOVE this!
    Zoee said:

dancingcouplepin

• I think these ideas are  awesome my only suggestion for witches ride on and float broom the broom it self should available in gold stamps Halloween book too in Halloween shop too. 
  • Kim possible Cheerleader outfits with pompoms shoes her 
  • love and support all these ideas! cant wait to see what is in store for this year's antique shop 

I also would like a revisit of the 2014 Halloween Ride Contest trophy (at least in terms of it's style, shape, and overall visual balance) The tall tree with the bat was really cool! And have a big floor trophy like that is always fun.

VFK hasn't done a solely tree related trophy (thinking of something along the lines of the spooky tree items already in game, with the faces) So that would be interesting. 

Additionally, another idea that was tossed around was a cat trophy maybe? 
  • edited September 2019
    I really love these Halloween ideas! Especially the witch and storybook memberships and also the costume and pin ideas! I hope we get to see a majority of them this year!

• bluewiz said:

love and support all these ideas! cant wait to see what is in store for this year's antique shop 

I also would like a revisit of the 2014 Halloween Ride Contest trophy (at least in terms of it's style, shape, and overall visual balance) The tall tree with the bat was really cool! And have a big floor trophy like that is always fun.

VFK hasn't done a solely tree related trophy (thinking of something along the lines of the spooky tree items already in game, with the faces) So that would be interesting. 

Additionally, another idea that was tossed around was a cat trophy maybe? 
    True, I love that trophy. I wouldn’t be opposed to a spooky tree or a cat! Can’t wait
  • Those paintings are to die for!!! I want them all!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• FIRST OF ALL! Great job on organizing and collecting all these amazing ideas in one post! I really can't wait for more moving painting, pins and objects in general! These editings are like next level! :O

Some ideas I'm thinking of to add:

1. Jellybean Brick Walls & Ride

- I saw this random video and saw the jellybean wall that they've created inspired by the Hansel and Gretel story. It's such a weird and wonderful ride but I like it! I instantly thought of VFK when I saw it.

2. Classic Jack O Lantern Flickering Pumpkin

- I've mentioned this in front of some players before. We don't have a basic orange flickering pumpkin yet! :O Will 2019 be the year it will be released? Ooo… Ok I just want to throw this idea here.

3.  THEME: Haunted Carousel/Haunted Carnival

- Last year we had Haunted Hotel collection released so maybe some next idea would be a Haunted Carousel/Haunted Carnival vibe overall and for Halloween antique!

Ok that's it for now! :)

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • Oh yes an orange flickering pumpkin would be so nice! We already have like 2 or 3 shades of purple ones.
  • HoneyBee said:

Oh yes an orange flickering pumpkin would be so nice! We already have like 2 or 3 shades of purple ones.

There’s only one purple one, dark purple. Orange is fine but depending on how they do it, it might just look like every other pumpkin
  • edited September 2019
    GIFT said:

FIRST OF ALL! Great job on organizing and collecting all these amazing ideas in one post! I really can't wait for more moving painting, pins and objects in general! These editings are like next level! :O

Some ideas I'm thinking of to add:

1. Jellybean Brick Walls & Ride

- I saw this random video and saw the jellybean wall that they've created inspired by the Hansel and Gretel story. It's such a weird and wonderful ride but I like it! I instantly thought of VFK when I saw it.

2. Classic Jack O Lantern Flickering Pumpkin

- I've mentioned this in front of some players before. We don't have a basic orange flickering pumpkin yet! :O Will 2019 be the year it will be released? Ooo… Ok I just want to throw this idea here.

3.  THEME: Haunted Carousel/Haunted Carnival

- Last year we had Haunted Hotel collection released so maybe some next idea would be a Haunted Carousel/Haunted Carnival vibe overall and for Halloween antique!

Ok that's it for now! :)

Thanks!
    We do have a haunted carnival ride but I don’t know if we ever really got any haunted carnival decor. I’d particularly like to see some Halloween themed food carts, perhaps antique like you mentioned. Antique food carts are the best :)
  • @Zoee I definitely thought we also had a magenta one. That's a purple shade.
  • HoneyBee said:

@Zoee I definitely thought we also had a magenta one. That's a purple shade.

Ah, yeah, I see that as pink
  • @Zoee I definitely see it as purple. Do we even have an orange one?
  • Great Ideas!
  • HoneyBee said:

Zoee said:

HoneyBee said:

Ah, yeah, I see that as pink

20190918_155005

I also see magenta as a purple shade more than red and it says its between red and purple.

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • Zoee said:

HoneyBee said:

Oh yes an orange flickering pumpkin would be so nice! We already have like 2 or 3 shades of purple ones.

There’s only one purple one, dark purple. Orange is fine but depending on how they do it, it might just look like every other pumpkin
    Au contraire, I don't see how it will look like as any other pumpkins. For example, carved pumpkins always have yellow lights inside just like in real life when you illuminate a hollow pumpkin.

Carved Pumpkins

A classic Jack O Lantern (that I'm thinking of) has black as inside color as we see from collectibles and such. And IF it flickers from black to yellow and back, it will look different. Depending on the outside skin, they can also do different shade of oranges if they want. Dark orange, blood orange, or true orange etc. The best orange I see as example right now is from the loading page screen and how it flickers as I imagine it. The far right one even has the shape of the classic pumpkin:

Mega Awesome Pumpkins On The VFK Loading Page Screen 1
    Mega Awesome Pumpkins On The VFK Loading Page Screen

These are collectibles we see that have the black graphics:

Collectible Pumpkins

IF...

They make a Lavender Flickering Pumpkin, that will be the 4th installation of the different shades of purple in the collection -- counting purple, indigo and magenta. 

And if they make the Orange Flickering Pumpkin, that will be the very 1st of its kind in the collection. 

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • PrincessAveri said:

Great Ideas!

Thanks Averi :)

• GIFT said:

Zoee said:

HoneyBee said:

Au contraire, I don't see how it will look like as any other pumpkins. For example, carved pumpkins always have yellow lights inside just like in real life when you illuminate a hollow pumpkin.

Carved Pumpkins

A classic Jack O Lantern (that I'm thinking of) has black as inside color as we see from collectibles and such. And IF it flickers from black to yellow and back, it will look different. Depending on the outside skin, they can also do different shade of oranges if they want. Dark orange, blood orange, or true orange etc. The best orange I see as example right now is from the loading page screen and how it flickers as I imagine it. The far right one even has the shape of the classic pumpkin:

Mega Awesome Pumpkins On The VFK Loading Page Screen 1
    Mega Awesome Pumpkins On The VFK Loading Page Screen

These are collectibles we see that have the black graphics:

Collectible Pumpkins

IF...

They make a Lavender Flickering Pumpkin, that will be the 4th installation of the different shades of purple in the collection -- counting purple, indigo and magenta. 

And if they make the Orange Flickering Pumpkin, that will be the very 1st of its kind in the collection. 

It’s not that serious, just a suggestion. I’m not going to debate what category a colour it falls into lol. Regardless of its name, our “magenta” pumpkin just looks dark pink to me and the “indigo” one dark blue. Again, I don’t really care.
  • edited September 2019
    Blue_or_Purple
    2015 -- "the second installation of purple."

Pink_or_Purple
    2017 -- "the third installation of purple." You have to look very closely at the right-hand side because the pumpkin blends in so well!

Purple_or_Blue
    Just to make sure -- yep the middle pumpkin is definitely purple!

Color breakdown:
    Spoiler:

A "pixel" is composed of three sub-pixels, which we denote as the red, green, and blue channels (RGB). While true magenta is represented by RGB value [255,0,255], VFK's choice of magenta for the flickering pumpkin has a slight edge on the red channel, which makes it appear closer to pink. Even more notable, VFK's choice of indigo has a very strong edge on the blue channel, which makes it appear closer to a dark blue than purple.

Magenta/Fuchsia
    Magenta

"Magenta"
    Magenta_Sample
    Magenta_Sample3
    Magenta_Sample2

Indigo
    Indigo

"Indigo"
    Indigo_Sample
    Indigo_Sample2
    Indigo_Sample3

VFK has had one and only one purple pumpkin, the original. Lavender would be truly unique since it resides closer to pure white than it does to pure purple -- its closest relative would be the White Flickering Ghost Pumpkin from 2011. On the contrary, we have had more orange pumpkins throughout the years than we can keep track of. I wouldn't be opposed to an Orange Flickering Pumpkin eventually, but only after we have exhausted every other lead, including a Yellow Flickering Pumpkin.
  • I completely agree @GIFT, we need an orange flickering pumpkin. The magenta, original purple and even the white one (because of the light purple flickering lights) are all shades of purple. We don’t have any close to orange, so it would make for a nice variety.
  • edited September 2019
    @Tomorrow Exhibit 4.
  • @Perpetual_Fighter You forgot to mention the teal pumpkin also has a purple interior. However, if we are only using interior lighting as our criterion, we will find that almost half of them -- Purple, Blue, Red, Green, and Magenta, all have orange interior lighting, so an Orange Flickering Pumpkin would not contribute to this variety.

OrangeInterior

@FracturedMemories Thanks for the bump!