Winter & Christmas Suggestion Masterpost!

edited November 26 in VFK Developer Ideas!
Hi everyone! At last, I’ve found some time to put together this thread! I’ve had these ideas saved in my notes since August lol, so I’m happy to finally be able to post them. 

This thread will include both winter & Christmas ideas, as it’s important to note that we have looooong few winter months after Christmas which seem to drag on forever and ever. I also find those months to be the slower months on VFK because there isn’t really a ton going on, but I think steady releases of awesome items (like recently, VFK has been killing it with the items/releases) it could make this lengthy season a whole lot better!

*Please note: I tried to add spoilers, but they didn't work. Sorry about that!*

Without further ado…


Winter Ideas!



Winter Pins:

Snow Cloud Pin!

I think this is probably my most wanted item on this thread! We get so many Christmas pins every year (which I love) however we barely have any that are strictly winter-themed, and I'd love to see a new MAZE PIN because it's been a while since we've had one. I would LOVE to see Snow Cloud Pin!!!

I imagine this pin as being heavily inspired by the “Snow Cloud Lamp” pictured below:

snowcloudlamp

The pin would be animated (obviously, the snow falling), and very cool-toned (white/grey/periwinkle/icy colours).


Winter Clothing: 

HOST Polar Bear Sweater!

PLEASE give us a HOST Polar Bear Sweater to add to our Reindeer/Snowman/Fireplace Collection!!! 

hostpolarbearsweater



PLEASE also give us the Weekend Wear Hoodies I suggested in my Autumn/Halloween Suggestion Masterpost -- I went really in depth on a description there! :D


Winter Crafting: 

Fuzzy Socks!

We’ve got striped socks, ankle socks, and leg warmers… but I think winter is the perfect time of year for some Angora Fuzzy Socks!

fuzzysocks


Plush Pullovers! 


plushpullovers


Fluffy Robes! 


fluffyrobes

Shearling Slippers!


shearlingslippers

Shearling Coats!


shearlingcoats


Also, as previously mentioned in my Autumn thread: 

Unbuttoned Flannels!

It would be cool to have unbuttoned flannels under the "Jackets" tab, so that we can wear any shirt underneath it, and it would be nice if they had a looser, more over-sized look. I think it would be great to be able to craft these so that we can make any color we want!

Some craft color examples:


flannelexampls


Please also let us have the NEW Crafting colours that I suggested in my Wild West Paisley Bandana thread!!!


Building:

Ice Building Set!

I posted this on the Devblog and thought I'd post it here too:
“We get so many gingerbread walls every year for building, but there is also a “Winter” option for the building contest and I’d love a building release that caters to people going for a wintery theme.

The only straight up ice walls we have are very old from the maze, so it would be really nice to have some basic, translucent, shiny:

- Ice Walls
- Ice Blocks
- Ice Roofs 
- Ice Arches & Doorways
- Ice Windows
- Ice Pillars 
- Ice Stairs
- Etc.

Maybe have these released in Icetastic? It makes sense, and it’s been a while since we’ve had a release there that WASN’T ice coins. (Please, if these are made, release them before ice coins so that they can be used for the contest.)

I think a lot of us would agree that 8 years (give or take) of Gingerbread after Gingerbread gets a bit repetitive, please let us branch out and let our creative juices flow!”


Winter Maze:

I love maze hedges, and it has been a while since we’ve had any. I’d love some hedges with snow on top: 

hedgewithsnow


Christmas Hedges with Christmas lights along with snow on top would also be really cute!




Christmas Ideas!

Christmas Pins:

I came up with a design for a Flying Santa Pin! It’s pretty much a Christmas version of the Flying Witch Pin, where Santa and his reindeer fly through the sky:

flyingsantapin

This is a really rough mock up and I know VFK staff could do a much better job with the idea lol..


Christmas Clothing:

Velvet dresses and hairbands for Christmas Ballgowns!

It would be really nice to see revamped versions of the original hairbands (smaller bow, centered) in a velvet version.

Examples:

velvetdress
velvethairband


Chenille Sweaters! 

I don’t really know what a chenille sweater is besides the fact that the material is a little shiny in some lighting. Some examples:


chenillesweaters


Christmas Onesies! (potentially craftable?)


onesies


Christmas Antiques: 

Regardless of what the Christmas antique hair looks like this year, I’d love to see additional colours added. For example, we have “Icy Blue” hair, but “Icy Purple” and “Icy Pink” hairs would be so fitting for winter! (plz give us Icy Purple plz!!)

Here are some Christmas Antique hairstyle ideas:

christmasantiquehair


Christmas Presents:

Girls wear two-piece pajama sets to!!!! Enough night gowns!!!! I’d love to see some silky/satiny pajamas sets for girls in the Christmas presents this year!

I’d especially love to see a pair of Cloudy Pajamas in a light periwinkle blue colour included as well!!! 


silkypajamas


Christmas Furni/Decorations:

Trees completely wrapped with lights!

treeswithlights

Optic Fibre Christmas trees!

opticfibretree

Rotating Christmas trees!

32203552_173657120137483_8436824398081556480_n


Gingerbread Contest Medal/Trophy:

I have brainstormed several ideas for potential Gingerbread Contest medals/trophies, all of which I love!

Ice Skate! (probably my favourite) 


iceskatemedal


Stocking!

stockingmedal

Gift!

giftmedal

Beanie! (or should I say, "Winter Ski Hat - Pom Pom - White ;)

beaniemedal


Mrs. Claus Teacup!
mrsclausteacupmedal

mrsclausteacupmedalonavatar
 



Thanks for reading! :) If you have any ideas/suggestions you'd like to share, don't hesitate to leave them in the replies. Happy Holidays!

Comments

  • I LOVE those hairstyle ideas, and an Icy Purple color would be perfect! 
    giphy (10)
  • I love the teacup necklace!!


    2OSDF15XRKIZ

    THANK YOU TACOCAT FOR MY AMAZING BIRTHDAY DRAWING!
    HUGS buddy! :'D

  • I love the ice skating necklace.  As for my winter wishes, I still really want a Blue Snowflake Beanie. 
  • millsfan said:

    I love the ice skating necklace.  As for my winter wishes, I still really want a Blue Snowflake Beanie. 

    Yes I agree! I love your Snowflake Beanie design
  • I would really like the heirloom holly plants we have to go into an item/vase when harvested. 
  • @Kitten Would be cool if they made them like the Mother's Day Gardenias! A Holly Vase, Holly Flower Crown, Holly Wreath, Holly Flower Hoop, & Holly Pin!
  • Love the ideas! A skate would be a awesome trophy! I also love the rotating tree, pajama's and sweater ideas! :D

    I only have two ideas which are:

    White hot chocolate stand
    and
    Game console in the Christmas Shoppe! Maybe it should be based the Nintendo Switch since that's popular right now for game consoles? Maybe even a older one would be really cool!
    image
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • Zoee said:

    @Kitten Would be cool if they made them like the Mother's Day Gardenias! A Holly Vase, Holly Flower Crown, Holly Wreath, Holly Flower Hoop, & Holly Pin!

    Thanks @Zoee

    Another idea I had was to redo the jukeboxes in the record shop so you can make a playlist-esque list with the records.
  • Super_Princess_Rosalina said:

    Love the ideas! A skate would be a awesome trophy! I also love the rotating tree, pajama's and sweater ideas! :D

    I only have two ideas which are:

    White hot chocolate stand
    and
    Game console in the Christmas Shoppe! Maybe it should be based the Nintendo Switch since that's popular right now for game consoles? Maybe even a older one would be really cool!
    I love both of those ideas!!
    Kitten said:

    Zoee said:

    @Kitten Would be cool if they made them like the Mother's Day Gardenias! A Holly Vase, Holly Flower Crown, Holly Wreath, Holly Flower Hoop, & Holly Pin!

    Thanks @Zoee

    Another idea I had was to redo the jukeboxes in the record shop so you can make a playlist-esque list with the records.
    That’s a super smart idea! I hope they do that!
  • edited November 26
    Zoee said:

    millsfan said:

    I love the ice skating necklace.  As for my winter wishes, I still really want a Blue Snowflake Beanie. 

    Yes I agree! I love your Snowflake Beanie design
    Yep. Many vfkers and myself would love a Blue Snowflake Beanie this holiday season as a host hat.  Animal Crossing does not have "Blue Snowflake beanie" copyrighted.. its a blue hat with a snowflakes on it, any game can have that.
    Here's a real life example of the hat… not copyrighted.. simply a blue hat :P.4cdf4de2320aabb085def5680a1a76e6



    Here's another example of a similar design, created by a different person. If you search “blue snowflake beanie”, you’ll see many different examples that have a similar look, some are just a different value of blue. The Blue Snowflake design is not copyrighted by Animal Crossing.. any game or fashion company can make a beanie with snowflakes on it.  

    IMG_4221


  • Yes @Super_Princess_Rosalina a Nintendo Switch would be cool on VFK. how do you imagine it as, a holdable clothing, or furniture? If it’s furniture maybe it could work like how in the new Pokémon video game, we have a Nintendo switch in our house
  • I like the idea for snowy bushes in the maze
  • I’d love an animated Menorah pin for Hanukkah. That would be cool. Maybe also the dreidel chairs we had in VMK
  • Even if that beanie isn't a host hat, I'd love to see it come in red and blue to match the red and blue snowflake sweaters we got! I think they came as christmas presents one year? I could be wrong.  
  • edited November 26
    I think I would be more happy if the blue snowflake beanie wasn't a host hat. Since so many people are requesting it, it would be really hard to get one. But that's just my opinion   :D
  • I really want more ice skating and ballet outfits. Also maybe one of the surprise presents could be a cell phone that would come in a random colour like the fidget spinners from last year. I also like to see a present dress or a dress with Christmas lights on it. Also I think a little hot chocolate and marshmallow hat would be cute. 
    cutelina
  • edited November 27
    Do we have slouchy beanies in game yet? I think different colors of these could be great for winter:


    slouch
    Marina_and_the_diamonds
  • EpicRose said:

    Do we have slouchy beanies in game yet? I think different colors of these could be great for winter:



    slouch
    Would the original beanie count as a slouch type? The Pom Pom slouches down. I like this slouch beanie look

  • edited November 27
    @EpicRose nope not really! we had angora hats that had potential but just ..... no. Plus you can’t make any basic/neutral colours in crafting besides black so i totally agree with you!
  • This isn't really a christmas centric suggestion, but it would be cool if they could rename or resort the records in the record shop so it would be like "Christmas Carol-Let it snow" because it's getting tedious clicking through each one to see the title and to see if I have it or not :p
  • We got snowy hedges w/ christmas lights!! :)
  • Zoee said:

    We got snowy hedges w/ christmas lights!! :)

    They are awesome!

    And BUMP for the onesies!!! 
  • Yay for the polar bear sweater!!
  • FracturedMemories said:

    Even if that beanie isn't a host hat, I'd love to see it come in red and blue to match the red and blue snowflake sweaters we got! I think they came as christmas presents one year? I could be wrong.  



    I agree! a hat to match would be perfect!

    @Zoee OMG GIRL! WHAT GREAT IDEAS!!

    the ideas that are especially close to my heart are the new hairstyles and the new ice hair colors and

    the fully wrapped lighted CHRISTMAS TREES and OPTIC FIBRE CHRISTMAS TREES!  they are so pretty! but they have to use the new heavily saturated led colors they have in the pictures!

    love the animated santa pin and the onesie is so cute! love the satin pjs!

    and Congrats! on the sweater! and the hedges (I love them!)




    fireworks!2

  • mamasama said:

    FracturedMemories said:

    Even if that beanie isn't a host hat, I'd love to see it come in red and blue to match the red and blue snowflake sweaters we got! I think they came as christmas presents one year? I could be wrong.  



    I agree! a hat to match would be perfect!

    @Zoee OMG GIRL! WHAT GREAT IDEAS!!

    the ideas that are especially close to my heart are the new hairstyles and the new ice hair colors and

    the fully wrapped lighted CHRISTMAS TREES and OPTIC FIBRE CHRISTMAS TREES!  they are so pretty! but they have to use the new heavily saturated led colors they have in the pictures!

    love the animated santa pin and the onesie is so cute! love the satin pjs!

    and Congrats! on the sweater! and the hedges (I love them!)

    Thanks so much, Mama :) Totally agree with the saturated LED colours
  • @Zoee These are great ideas! I can see that staff have added many of them into the game for you too. YAY!! Here are my ideas I have been thinking of below.

    (Idea #1)
    I was wondering if VFK would please make a big mug of hot chocolate we can sit in. Same concept as the gravy boat chair but different. I would love to sit in a mug full of hot chocolate!! I have been drinking one mug of hot chocolate in real about every day now so wanted to incorporate my liking for this sweet drink into the game. Side Note: Not that's it's relevant but.. I am trying to limit my sugar to one mug a day. That is all I am allowing myself. Good thing I can have as much virtual hot chocolate as I want, LOL!! Anyway, if a red and white candy cane could be sticking out of the hot chocolate that would be a nice detail. Also, I am very curious to learn about the history behind how this drink came to be about. So perhaps make it a quest prize with the quest about it's history? Who ever came up with the idea for hot chocolate must of been a genius, hehe. Last detail that I want for the mug is for the mug to be all white but on the front side of it to say.. "I love hot chocolate!" in slanted cursive lettering. I don't really want marshmallows in the hot chocolate either. I like marshmallows but not feeling them as much this year.

    (Idea #2)
    I thought of an idea a few days ago for "Metallic Gift Bow" hats!! Basically, it would be a big metallic gift bow but for on top of the head as a hat. Also, to be specific, I don't mean a small a gift bow in the hair. I mean like an actual hat on top of the head. When we where these hats, it could be like we are the gift to somebody. I am sure @GiftPrincess would agree that dressing up as a gift with a gift bow on her head would be perfect for her! They could come in all kinds of color options. Color options such as (but not limited to..) metallic red, metallic green, metallic silver, metallic gold, metallic white, metallic black, metallic hot pink, metallic light pink, metallic purple, metallic light blue, metallic royal blue, metallic light purple (like lavender), metallic regular purple. I shared a picture below for reference. Normally I would ask that they be scavenger hunt prizes with a different color each scavenger hunt. However, it seems like the the hunt prizes are the lollipops this time (Which I like by the way. They are cute). So if not scavenger hunt prizes then maybe they could be sold in the Christmas shop or even in the Christmas gold stamp catalog? They could be crafted too but it may be short notice to get that together, I don't know. Personally, I think the gold stamp catalog would work but that's me.

    Red Gift Bow

    waterfallglow signature

    my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

  • waterfallglow said:

    @Zoee These are great ideas! I can see that staff have added many of them into the game for you too. YAY!! Here are my ideas I have been thinking of below.

    (Idea #1)
    I was wondering if VFK would please make a big mug of hot chocolate we can sit in. Same concept as the gravy boat chair but different. I would love to sit in a mug full of hot chocolate!! I have been drinking one mug of hot chocolate in real about every day now so wanted to incorporate my liking for this sweet drink into the game. Side Note: Not that's it's relevant but.. I am trying to limit my sugar to one mug a day. That is all I am allowing myself. Good thing I can have as much virtual hot chocolate as I want, LOL!! Anyway, if a red and white candy cane could be sticking out of the hot chocolate that would be a nice detail. Also, I am very curious to learn about the history behind how this drink came to be about. So perhaps make it a quest prize with the quest about it's history? Who ever came up with the idea for hot chocolate must of been a genius, hehe. Last detail that I want for the mug is for the mug to be all white but on the front side of it to say.. "I love hot chocolate!" in slanted cursive lettering. I don't really want marshmallows in the hot chocolate either. I like marshmallows but not feeling them as much this year.

    (Idea #2)
    I thought of an idea a few days ago for "Metallic Gift Bow" hats!! Basically, it would be a big metallic gift bow but for on top of the head as a hat. Also, to be specific, I don't mean a small a gift bow in the hair. I mean like an actual hat on top of the head. When we where these hats, it could be like we are the gift to somebody. I am sure @GiftPrincess would agree that dressing up as a gift with a gift bow on her head would be perfect for her! They could come in all kinds of color options. Color options such as (but not limited to..) metallic red, metallic green, metallic silver, metallic gold, metallic white, metallic black, metallic hot pink, metallic light pink, metallic purple, metallic light blue, metallic royal blue, metallic light purple (like lavender), metallic regular purple. I shared a picture below for reference. Normally I would ask that they be scavenger hunt prizes with a different color each scavenger hunt. However, it seems like the the hunt prizes are the lollipops this time (Which I like by the way. They are cute). So if not scavenger hunt prizes then maybe they could be sold in the Christmas shop or even in the Christmas gold stamp catalog? They could be crafted too but it may be short notice to get that together, I don't know. Personally, I think the gold stamp catalog would work but that's me.

    Red Gift Bow
    Ooo @waterfallglow, that's exactly my default pic. 
    :-h


    ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... VFK had me at MISSCLUE <3


    Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 


    whileyouweresleeping 2
    whileyouweresleeping whileyouweresleeping 3 
  • edited December 7
    GiftPrincess said:

    Ooo @waterfallglow, that's exactly my default pic.
    :-h

    LOL!!

    waterfallglow signature

    my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

  • my idea is for Italian Christmas ballroom gowns  with flora print on the dress top and  flora lace on the long shelves  and  Flora lace on the Bottom of skirt  in different colors  including  pink too  Italian Christmas on Vfk would really mean a lot to me   because I want to honor my late moms and my late grandmas Italian heritage in their memories ,
  • Another idea I had would be for a carryable hoverboard like the one from back to the future. You could have the option to either carry or ride it. 
    cutelina
Sign In or Register to comment.