Contest Boutique Prizes

So for this gingerbread competition, I noticed they didn't make a necklace like they usually do - they made a cape and scarf. This made me really sad because I was really hoping to get one of the reindeer necklaces.

If VFK staff sees this, I would like to suggest that they add a reindeer necklace like the medal but in the color white, yellow, or metallic blue (or whatever color they think is best) like you guys did with the halloween purple necklace or the dragon necklace that was green but resembled the medal. It could be priced at the regular price 8,000 contest points. Please consider staff!

Comments

• Yes I think its nice to sell a medal for people to buy, I agree : )  
  • woot hopefully staff sees this and considers! they did it for every other contest and not this one >.<
    millsfan said:

Yes I think its nice to sell a medal for people to buy, I agree : )  

• I disagree with this completely.  

It's like giving every person a medal who doesn't win.  The first three places get their necklaces as an award.  Not everyone deserves an award.  If you didn't win, you don't deserve it.  It's something that was earned.  

Just my thoughts though, and im sure it's the unpopular opinion but yolo
  • Well usually we have a necklace as an OPTION so I see where she's coming from! We get a necklace with the points if we wish to buy it. so it isn't as much of an award for placing really, If that makes sense. I was a little surprised when there wasn't one
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • FracturedMemories said:

I disagree with this completely.  

It's like giving every person a medal who doesn't win.  The first three places get their necklaces as an award.  Not everyone deserves an award.  If you didn't win, you don't deserve it.  It's something that was earned.  

Just my thoughts though, and im sure it's the unpopular opinion but yolo
    I was 4 places from being in third, 3 of those people I was tied with - exact same score - and I saw about 5 clones on the board before me. So I was extremely close to placing third. Plus, I’m not asking for it in any of the winning colors - and they did it with literally every other contest except this one. Just because someone didn’t place, doesn’t mean heir room wasn’t good or worthy. A ton of people put effort in their rooms. Think carefully before commenting something so bluntly rude on my thread.

• Holly said:

Well usually we have a necklace as an OPTION so I see where she's coming from! We get a necklace with the points if we wish to buy it. so it isn't as much of an award for placing really, If that makes sense. I was a little surprised when there wasn't one

Exactly, I was never angry or anything when I placed the other times and they had necklaces for it in contest boutique, I didn’t think of it as bad that others could get a similar medal. I think it’s neat. Not everyone with s great room will place
  • I'm actually with Memories on this one. The necklaces have always been a symbol for those who made it in the top three categories... I don't think its fair for those who worked hard for those places and received their necklace to then see people who didn't make those high scores run around with a knock-off.

Unless they (contest necklaces) are 100% completely different from the ones given out as prizes, I don't agree with them.
    For example, the last one from Halloween was the exact same necklace but in purple. Same with previous necklaces.
    It would be hard to make a necklace that doesn't look like the ones given out previously (ie: for Christmas we have had gingerbread, snowman, reindeer, etc) so I'm not sure if I would ever be okay with it.

**Not trying to be harsh or start issues, just stating my opinion; We all have them**

• I was disappointed that there wasn't one this time.. I don't understand why you would think its bad for others to get a necklace.. We worked just as hard and earned the points so we should be able to have something for all that work.. if you don't like the necklace's than don't buy them..
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • edited January 2018
    The Contest boutique items are different every time!  That's what make it exciting, if you guys tie it down to always being the same items with a tiny change I would hate that.  What is fun about the shop is that the items never retire and they only add a few each time! @FracturedMemories and @I.Am.Chalk I agree that the contest medal should remain special and not be released in the contest boutique for everyone to buy, especially since it doesn't get retired which mean someone next Christmas could buy the necklace.

If anyone wants to buy a necklace with contest points there are several in the shop as it stands to buy! :)

My main point is let's keep the excitement of having all the items new and different each time and not complain because they don't release the same items as before!

Just my two cents!

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• EleanorRose said:

I was disappointed that there wasn't one this time.. I don't understand why you would think its bad for others to get a necklace.. We worked just as hard and earned the points so we should be able to have something for all that work.. if you don't like the necklace's than don't buy them..

I agree! Like I said, I have placed beforehand and seen the different colored version necklace in contest boutique and never really felt bothered by it. Some people that placed in 4-5 to me were actually better than some that placed 1-3. Sometimes people judge in a hurry and don’t actually look at the room, and I think that’s why some people end up placing more than others. Plus not everyone earns 8000 contest points, so I think that limits the people who can get the necklace a bit. The last two necklaces Vfk did I wasn’t too impressed with, and the one cute one which was reindeer - I didn’t place for AND didn’t get to buy a different version of it either.
  • edited January 2018
    Let's not start on the 1-3 contest rooms because of this.  I'm sure if you work hard you will place the next contest, and if you did you would feeling differently at this moment.   But complaining because you didn't get a medal in the contest boutique and then running down the contest rooms because not everyone likes the idea is very poor sportsmanship.

Not every release in the contest boutique has had medals in fact as far as I can see there are the same number of releases without necklaces as there are with.  

I realize you would like a medal, but try to discuss that topic in a kind and thoughtful manner.

ColourzRNice2
  • As someone who placed third, I really don't care about a participation medal being available for purchase. However, I can see both sides of this argument.

Placing in a contest is obviously quite the achievement, in real life and on VFK. However, everyone who participates gets a participation pin and trophy, right? I don't really see what the fuss is about with including a medal in the Contest Boutique.

What's the point of honoring those in 4th and 5th place if all they are going to get is a participation trophy and pin? In my opinion, if we want to include a medal for those in 4th and 5th place, then they should also receive a medal. Since everyone is so against the idea of making a participation medal available, I think this would be a great idea for future contests.

4th gets red and 5th gets blue, right? Or maybe it's the other way around, I don't know. But my point is, if 4th gets a red pin, maybe they should also get a red medal. Same thing with 5th place. 

I also agree with the idea of retiring old Contest Boutique items. I missed so many contests during my hiatus that I've been spending my Contest Points on old rewards instead of new things. Maybe, like, during the Halloween season, old Halloween things can return to the Boutique along with new things? And then the Halloween things will disappear during Christmastime and only Christmas and winter things will be available?

TL;DR Give 4th and 5th place medals of their own if you are going to honor them on the homepage. Also start retiring old Contest rewards. 

Thank you.
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• Maybe I spoke too harshly, but I do still stand by my statement.  I understand it sucks that you were so so sooo close and im sorry that some rooms that probably shouldn't have placed above you, did so.  Trust me, I've been there.  I just think in todays culture, inside and outside of VFK, people are given a participation trophy and it does not make the actual trophies mean as much.  I know while growing up and playing sports, I was never given a participation trophy if we did not win.  Now, when it came to football, we won often so i had the trophies, but baseball, we rarely won so trophies were not something we got.  It made sense.  

I just think that in today's culture, we are seeing more and more of those who do not win being handed things to "make them feel good".  Jess made an awesome point in that there is already a participation shirt and apparently trophy now!  I think that is more than enough to say that you participated and tried your hardest! 
  • edited January 2018
    For the most part, I'm seeing that most people that are against the "knock off" medals/different colored medals in contest boutique are people who placed and have a medal. That being said, already your words are biased in that sense. Because you placed, you don't care for others who didn't get 1-3. Although a participation trophy and pin are nice, all people who participate get a pin. The trophy is the only "extra" per say. Like @Jessizoid said, the blue shirt (which I just noticed) and trophy are a nice touch, but I would like something to wear besides the participation shirts. A necklace is small, a small symbol and can be worn with practically anything. I have placed twice in 3rd this year. And when they made a necklace for halloween's competition in purple for sale in the boutique I didn't even give it a second thought. I don't like the thought of being selfish or wanting everything to be strictly people who placed. I get that it's hard to place, and I'm not that mad about not placing 1-3 this competition - except when I saw the necklace was cute and they didn't make another version in the store - I panicked. I didn't think it would be so adorable. So I wanted one of my own, but VFK didn't make one this time. So, that being said, I think it's disappointing that people want to claim that others are less deserving or worthy of a medal. Building is hard whether you place or not. It's not like I'm demanding a necklace in the winning colors. 

To put it in different terms, it's like people are basically saying "Because you didn't win the host hunt, you don't deserve to even trade for the item." 

Host hunt being the competition, the trade being the 8000 contest points for another medal. 
  • I actually did not place, nor did I participate.  Either way, I voiced my opinion and im standing by it.  

Have a GREAT rest of your day! (: