LOOK at my new fish his name is Kevin!!

IMG_6509

so many questions and NO DONUTS

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

Comments

• Oh!!! It's a betta! how cute!!!
    ~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~
  • OH WOW that's such a beautiful fish, and your aquarium plants are stunning!!  are they real?!
  • cool
    congrats on your new fish 
    :ar!
  • awwwww what a cute little guy!!!!!! did you just adopt him today?!

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • Totally Charming!!  Thanks for sharing!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• Is Kevin your first fish or have you had others? and he is an amazing color!
    skylambsignature
  • That's an awesome fish, totally epic colors!  Is he in an aquarium with other fish or is he just by himself?
    Kevin is a great name for him by the way, very heroic like him!

Ask before taking.
  • thanks everyone!!

@SparkleDream no they're not real! but I agree they look so realistic! I read betta fish really like plants they help them feel safe so I put three plants in there & he seems to love them :)

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• DonutLuverr said:

thanks everyone!!

@SparkleDream no they're not real! but I agree they look so realistic! I read betta fish really like plants they help them feel safe so I put three plants in there & he seems to love them :)

That was very thoughtful of you!  Looks like a great set-up!

Ask before taking.
  • It's good that they are fake plants,  the real ones you have to be really careful because a lot of them have snails on them.  And I have read that once you get snails in your tank it is almost impossible to get them out!

Great tank BTW!
  • @showjumpingbird thank you!! i got him on Tuesday!

@SkyLamb thanks he really is beautiful! no hes not my first fishy, I've been raising betta fish for years i think I've raised about 4 or 5.

@Trinityy thank you i love his colors! no, he's by himself i read that male betta fish have to be kept separate from each other or else they will fight :( they're fighting fish!!

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• bluemarlin said:

It's good that they are fake plants,  the real ones you have to be really careful because a lot of them have snails on them.  And I have read that once you get snails in your tank it is almost impossible to get them out!

Great tank BTW!
    omg i had NO IDEA!! thank you for telling me about this!

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• @DonutLuverr Oh that is so neat! what other colors have you had?  and how do you keep your tank so clean? lol sorry so many questions, I guess we're all fish mad!
    skylambsignature
  • DonutLuverr said:

bluemarlin said:

It's good that they are fake plants,  the real ones you have to be really careful because a lot of them have snails on them.  And I have read that once you get snails in your tank it is almost impossible to get them out!

Great tank BTW!
    You can look it up or, have your mom!  :)  You can get the real ones but I am pretty sure you have to soak them in bleach before you put them in the tank, and I think you also have to wash them really well because bleach is bad for fish!  It's kind of complicated, so we just get the fake ones lol 

also, other info is, most the water plants you get at the pets stores, like walmart, petco and pet smarts etc. most of them are non-water plants and die because they can't breathe under water? like who sales plants for fish when they aren't even water plants?
  • @SkyLamb my last fish was a female she was white with red fins! I've also had pure red and pure blue betta fish as well!

i actually jusT got a new tank with a filter for my new fish! before i just had my fish in a tank with no filter cuz that's what bettas are usually kept in and i had to do water changes every 1-2 weeks. i read that filters are better, though, even for bettas, so i got a new tank with a filter! I'm hoping the new filter will be helpful keeping it even cleaner!!

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• bluemarlin said:

DonutLuverr said:

bluemarlin said:

Great tank BTW!
    You can look it up or, have your mom!  :)  You can get the real ones but I am pretty sure you have to soak them in bleach before you put them in the tank, and I think you also have to wash them really well because bleach is bad for fish!  It's kind of complicated, so we just get the fake ones lol 

also, other info is, most the water plants you get at the pets stores, like walmart, petco and pet smarts etc. most of them are non-water plants and die because they can't breathe under water? like who sales plants for fish when they aren't even water plants?
    omg that sounds so dumb to sell nonwater plants!! i guess its just all about money

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• edited July 2016
    OMG!!! he is just the cutest!! Awesome colors!  I have had quite a few bettas, and loved them all!

I have had an all red one with a blue strip in his tail, my mom had a really really dark blue one, almost black, I've also had a few blue ones and my most recent was another all red one that's called a 'Half moon betta"

Thanks for sharing!  and amazing information @bluemarlin thanks!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • Also, if you get a divider for the tank, the boys love to flare at each other, or if you get a girl you can put her on the other side of the divider and the boy just LOVES to talk with her!  The boy bettas will swim back and fourth and make their fins all wide to impress the girl, is really cute!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • Ooh Kevin looks awesome! I love Bettas! I wish I could get another Betta fish but after my Betta fish Bubbles died back in April 2014 I have not had another one since. I was so sad when that happened cause I got him somewhere in I think May 2012! I made a room on VFK for him shortly after he passed and I could try to post it if you guys would like! Anyways have fun with Kevin! :D
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • Super_Princess_Rosalina said:

Ooh Kevin looks awesome! I love Bettas! I wish I could get another Betta fish but after my Betta fish Bubbles died back in April 2014 I have not had another one since. I was so sad when that happened cause I got him somewhere in I think May 2012! I made a room on VFK for him shortly after he passed and I could try to post it if you guys would like! Anyways have fun with Kevin! :D

It would be totally great to see your room @Super_Princess_Rosalina I'm so sorry you lost him!  I wish fish lived longer!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• @MistyMew I've seen half moon bettas before they're SO BEAUTIFUL!! I'm almost positive Kevin is a crown tail betta.

and I've never had two bettas at the same time before! I'm sure they're so cute when they see each other through the divider!

@Super_Princess_Rosalina awwhh I'm so sorry about Bubbles! it's so hard losing a fishy, i recently lost my last fish her name was Kristen. it's like losing a friend, i was so sad. :( :( :(

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• Ohh this makes me want to have fish again If only I had the space!! lol

He's very pretty! @DonutLuverr :)
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • AH! Kevin is so cute! I always wanted a fish but never had the time for one, since you have to clean the tank sometimes and feed.. etc Anyways you should totally get like spongebob buildings in there LOL That would look cool Anyway good luck with Kevin, he llooks so cute!!!

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • Hey Kevin and @SparkleDream 
    Congrats on the fish!
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"
  • omg fish Kevin! love it 
    pringles
    Thank you TacoCat!!!!!
  • fish omg i

milo zen

\______/harambe\_____/

DONT MISS MY EXCITING ACTION PACKED ADVENTURE SERIES: THE RYAN BASS ADVENTURES

EXCLUSIVE TO THE MISS CLUE MESSAGE BOARDS!!

Read the exciting 18 chapter story THE ADVENTURES OF RYAN BASS and its sequel THE RETURN OF RYAN BASS NOW!!

ryanbass
    special thanks to TACO CAT for this beautiful artwork!!

***COMING SOON!!*** RYAN BASS: THE NEXT GENERATION

• @SaharaHollyglow @Pringles @miloZen thanks guys!!

@SportyChic omg I USED TO HAVE SPONGEBOB AND PATRICK IN MY OLD TANK!! the paint started wearing away so i had to get rid of them!! omg i think kevin would love a pineapple though xD

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• edited July 2016
    He's a handsome fellow! Can I ask what size tank you have him in? Do you have a heater for him too?
    This is my betta, Vincent. :D If you wanted to get real plants I would go for it, I haven't had any issues with my anubias and moss ball, just make sure whatever plant you put in is compatible with bettas.
    (This is an old picture, he now has some glass ornaments and sand.)
    13035690_943135355801386_637866937_o
  • WOW!!! Vincent is gorgeous and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this aquarium you keep it sooo clean!!! im awful at keeping fish, I just can't keep the water clean enough and my pumps always break
    i would love to see the glass ornmanets you added!!! YAY

• Thanks! I have a ton of algae but a fish group that I'm a part of says it should get less as the tank ages. It's pretty easy to keep up with, just a 25% water change every week.
    There's fish/whale in the back and then a paperweight.
    13662668_991601070954814_1138498054_o