Glitch at the end!

Spoiler alert for the final section of the game!

I seem to have a glitch at the end of the game.
I have gone into the lab to place the book in the vaporiser, except I had placed the book there earlier in the game without realising and it is still there!!!
Spoiler:
It was obviously stolen off me earlier in the game, so now it shows that the old book is still there and the new book is in my inventory. I can't take out the old book or place in the new book, and the vaporiser doesn't work with the old book in there. I don't know what to do!
I can't progress forward and I am sooo close to the end.
Help?!

Comments

• Hi @Nancy

It sounds like you are a master sleuth!!   That is a very interesting condition you found!

First are you able to save your game where you are?  If are you can, if you could send us the saved game we could fix your game to let you continue!   Also it would help us to make an update to ensure it doesn't happen again!

If you would like to e-mail your saved game, I will post instructions below!

You can open the saved game folder on your computer, by holding the Windows Key, and pressing R, to bring up the "Run Box".

Then, paste the path below into the Run field, and press enter, or click OK:

%LocalAppData%\MissClueCDP\Saved\Saves

The folder that opens will have one file per game-save you have created!

You should be able to find your saved game file in this folder, and it will have the same name as your save in the Miss Clue menu.   Once you find the file, you can then send it to us as an attachment!

This will be very helpful in solving the issue!

Let us know if you need any additional information on how to find or send the save game!

The e-mail address is:
    Support@MissClue.com

-Mintie

• edited April 2022
    Hi Mintie, 

Thank you for responding! 
    I have sent an email with what I hope the correct file!
  • Hi @Nancy,

Thank you so much for your saved game file, it enabled us to find the problem and issue an update so this won't happen to anyone else in the future!

Good luck on finishing the mystery, you are an excellent detective!

-Mintie