Christmas/Holiday 2021 Ideas

edited November 2021 in VFK Developer Ideas!
Hi all! 

About that time again, and I told @VFK_Mintie I'd post instead of commenting on the devblog because the pictures are very helpful, Id imagine, for the devs/design team. 

Hoping some of these ideas can be implemented!

--

CHRISTMAS MEMBERSHIP IDEAS: 

- 'Toymaker' or 'Inventor' [inspired by; JINGLE JANGLE]: I think this membership could be very cute, maybe drawing off some aesthetics of the steampunk/inventory vibe from Griffin 2018 (Halloween) but made Christmas & Toymaker vibes. This can also draw on ideas of Santa's Workshop, or maybe even Pinocchio/Puppetry? 
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.55.29 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.55.41 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.55.02 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.56.22 PM

- NARNIA: Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: This one is also featured in @Lily_Hoshikawa 's thread but I'd just like to echo the idea that this would be a great theme for one membership! 

- **HONORARY** Grinch/WhoVille: I think its customary that this gets requested again haha, such a fun vibe! would make for amazing bundles each week. 

- VICTORIAN (OR CASTLE? PALACE?) CHRISTMAS: For this membership I'm just thinking luxe/fancy Christmas vibes... It can be argued that the items in this membership could be fed directly into Antiques, but just in case! Throwing it out there. I'm also going to throw in the idea of Castle/Palace in general so that we get more luxurious vibes (pictured below), maybe some Christmas rococo?

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.04.29 PM

-----------

GENERAL BUILDING IDEAS:

- Snow Bricks that are **BUYABLE**: The only items a lot of players can use for building snow castles are years-old maze walls and it isn't really feasible/cost-effective. So perhaps one of this years building set could be focused on this wintery wall?  

- Snowy Murals: THANK YOU!!!! For listening this past Halloween, and I would like to extend this request into the Winter season? A feedback I would like to give is that perhaps we need 1 or 2 (non numerical/ordered) pieces that can be placed anywhere in between mural pieces to give the pattern a break. (The Clouds in the Halloween one were a bit too repetitive, but it was amazing to have something fresh!) I particularly love the colors from the pictured window below and the dawn aspect. But a night mural with snow would be amazing as well .. with optional northern lights? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.52.09 AM

- Nice Christmas Mantles OR Mantlepieces to decorate: I love the natural vibe of the below pictured fireplaces, the garland and its asymmetry is very cozy but also stylish! If this years quest fireplace could follow suit, i'd love that! I know many people have loved the marble fireplaces (2018, and 2020's) so building off of that momentum would be nice. (see alternative idea related to this below the pictures)

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.58.08 AM

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.59.09 AM

- CUSTOMIZABLE (NEW SIZED) GARLANDS: something that is always amazing to get, building-wise, is more freedom as the builder (especially when it comes to free move!) So getting different pieces like 1x1, 2x2, 4x4, etc. of garland pieces would be amazing! That way we could really decorate almost anything with a lovely christmas garland. (I think I'm just obsessed with Cedar...)

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.23.00 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.26.10 PM

- MAJOR REQUEST: *Item Update* ALL CHRISTMAS TREE DECOR TO FLOAT: This is one of my biggest wants from this thread, I'm hoping that the current Christmas Tree decor (& decor moving forward) which means like ribbon garland, ornaments, lights, etc. float when decorating garland & trees. It's VERY hard to custom design a plain tree. I know that the plain trees have build in "tiers" for layering the decoration but you can only do so much. Some gingerbread items also do not float which kind ruins the point of the blank gingerbread walls we got. 

- More Buildable & See-Through Windows: I love seeing storefront builds, and other rooms that showcase a house/building that allows you to see into that house--it really takes a lot of care and attention to build those scenes through the lens of a window for the viewer to enjoy! So I'd love to give builders more options when building rooms. Right now players mainly choose between those space (?) clear panels which give too much of a modern vibe, and Greenhouse walls, which even then don't provide that much visibility. It would be the best time to do it now for some Christmas Villages! 

--------

- ANTIQUE PAINTING IDEAS: as usual, here is a running list of paintings I think would be cool to have (doesn't necessarily have to be Antique!) 
- Santa & Mrs Claus Portraits
- Ghost of Christmas PAST, PRESENT, & FUTURE (A Christmas Carol)
 - A Snowy Forest (pictured below but not as a window, I really just love this window and its colors) 
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.52.09 AM
- The Manger/Nativity AS A SILHOUETTE - I think we get the Nativity in the Advent calendar.. so not detailed, just silhouette with the Star in the sky as the focus
- A HUGE (maybe Blue Beard/Marie Antoinette sized) Painting of a Christmas Tree (pictured below) or any other snowy scene tbh, just big please
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.45.51 PM
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.45.44 PM

These are all the ideas I have for now.. But as usual I'll be thinking of more and posting them below AND THEN editing them into this main post. 

Happy Holidays :) 

Comments

• edited November 2021
    FYI: 

Here is an example of the buildable mural feedback/edit I was talking about... (in theory), I personally would play around with them more.. because theres only so much I can do on photoshop lol, but in game with the pieces you could get a feel of what sky/cloud variance you wanted. 

There would be a *new* mural piece that was blank/plain like so: 
    Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.56.56 PM

And it would give players the creative freedom to turn this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.53.34 PM

Into the following, just as examples, theres an endless amount of combinations

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.56.52 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.55.57 PM
  • I like the membership ideas. Thanks for mentioning mine.
    cutelina
  • Some new ideas: 

- New Gingerbread Style: I love the gingerbread house pictured below, and I think it could potentially be accomplished through a reskin of the Abandoned House walls from Halloween! 

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.49.54 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.56.45 PM

- Ornate Frosting/Gingerbread: I loved getting gingerbread CASTLE pieces from last year, and I think we need some more ornate decoration/pieces (perhaps some old sand castle pieces translated into gingerbread?) 

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 2.07.06 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 2.07.30 PM

- Frozen/Snowy Terrain: Another building tool that we dont have fully accessible to us is a buildable snowy landscape/terrain. We have the 'Frosted Mountains' and the GIANT Everest Ice Coin items, however you can only do so much with so much 'pointy' landscape. It is also kinda hard to build upwards (and taller) with the mountains. I was envisioning the same build-ability as the medieval rock walls, so maybe a reskin for Winter tones? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.57.35 PM

- OVERSIZED/BIGGER FITTING SWEATERS: I love the vibe of a comfy oversized/long sweater... VFK actually has some already for girls, but if they could be made for guys as well. Pictured below is a good sleeve length from a sweater in 2020 (Miss Claira's Awesome Third Sweater) but I noticed it was only that desired length on one of the arms.. if they both could be like that, it would be amazing! 

- [additional piggyback request] PLAIN / SIMPLE PATTERNED SWEATERS: I love me a good Christmas sweater, but I also love easy to match winter clothes as well! If we could have some sweaters be neutral toned/easy to pair and not explicitly bright red/green so that they can be used outside of the direct-Christmas season (and moreso winter in like January & February!) 
    Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.40.46 PM
    Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.40.55 PM
    (example of the sweater already in game, unless the dev's want to explore a brand new fitting of sweaters)

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.46.15 PM
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 2.21.00 PM
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 2.23.47 PM

In terms of sweaters IN game, I think the Reindeer Host Sweater is the perfect example of a sweater that I love both the pattern and colors (because its so easy to pair black&white!) of, so that would be a good start for inspiration!
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 2.22.12 PM

- Turtlenecks: This is just a side idea lol, but I would not be mad if turtlenecks made their way into the game! We have a mock-neck vibe going on with the Rob Obstructable shirt (the black one) so I usually use that to achieve that effect. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 2.31.10 PM

--

Thats all for now! 
  •  To add on to the sweater suggestion. I like to suggest a sweater dress for girls.  A  sweater dress with a low back would be really cute. We already have some tops with low backs in the game so I feel like it could be done here. Here some dresses I found.]
    Like this: 

QUINCE_W-TUT-CAM_1625
    EXLURA-Womens-Mock-Neck-Ribbed-Long-Sleeve-Bodycon-Sweater-Dress
    cutelina
  • Such great ideas.

I'd especially like to say 1000X yes to the gingerbread idea. I love to do my own decorating for plain iced walls are always a great idea to me!! And the roofs in the style of the haunted house is just --- YES PLEASE!

I would love to see the Grinch as a membership this year! 

• Will work on editing the additional ideas into the main post... 

just though of a few new ideas though, 

- Actual Wooden Tiles/Flooring: A challenge for making indoor scenes has always been finding a good flooring... We dont have any options for wooden floors (aside from the hotel 1x1 block, but that isn't cost-effective, but it is pictured below for reference because it would be nice as a flat tile!) We also have different wood flooring with the ship sand castle AND the tudor flooring (all pictured below) but all of them dont really give off the full wooden vibe.. we really need some dark wood panels please! 

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 1.41.12 PM
    Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 1.43.00 PM
    Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 1.42.27 PM

- Frozen Waterfall: We have some frozen waterfall pieces from ice coin, but I would love if we had the "tall waterfalls" that we've been getting memberships as a frozen piece without the running water (or very little water running down)

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 2.01.16 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 2.01.40 PM

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 2.01.49 PM
  • One think I would like to see as a new roof idea, is roof pieces made with chiclets!  Give a roof that 'tile' look with them. :)
    Cute ideas so far!
    Tiger
  • These little houses would be cute as miniature houses or on the same scale as the Faye/Fairy houses! Capture