Christmas/Holiday 2021 Ideas
About that time again, and I told @VFK_Mintie I'd post instead of commenting on the devblog because the pictures are very helpful, Id imagine, for the devs/design team.
Hoping some of these ideas can be implemented!
CHRISTMAS MEMBERSHIP IDEAS:
- 'Toymaker' or 'Inventor' [inspired by; JINGLE JANGLE]: I think this membership could be very cute, maybe drawing off some aesthetics of the steampunk/inventory vibe from Griffin 2018 (Halloween) but made Christmas & Toymaker vibes. This can also draw on ideas of Santa's Workshop, or maybe even Pinocchio/Puppetry?
- NARNIA: Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: This one is also featured in @Lily_Hoshikawa 's thread but I'd just like to echo the idea that this would be a great theme for one membership!
- **HONORARY** Grinch/WhoVille: I think its customary that this gets requested again haha, such a fun vibe! would make for amazing bundles each week.
- VICTORIAN (OR CASTLE? PALACE?) CHRISTMAS: For this membership I'm just thinking luxe/fancy Christmas vibes... It can be argued that the items in this membership could be fed directly into Antiques, but just in case! Throwing it out there. I'm also going to throw in the idea of Castle/Palace in general so that we get more luxurious vibes (pictured below), maybe some Christmas rococo?
GENERAL BUILDING IDEAS:
- Snow Bricks that are **BUYABLE**: The only items a lot of players can use for building snow castles are years-old maze walls and it isn't really feasible/cost-effective. So perhaps one of this years building set could be focused on this wintery wall?
- Snowy Murals: THANK YOU!!!! For listening this past Halloween, and I would like to extend this request into the Winter season? A feedback I would like to give is that perhaps we need 1 or 2 (non numerical/ordered) pieces that can be placed anywhere in between mural pieces to give the pattern a break. (The Clouds in the Halloween one were a bit too repetitive, but it was amazing to have something fresh!) I particularly love the colors from the pictured window below and the dawn aspect. But a night mural with snow would be amazing as well .. with optional northern lights?
- Nice Christmas Mantles OR Mantlepieces to decorate: I love the natural vibe of the below pictured fireplaces, the garland and its asymmetry is very cozy but also stylish! If this years quest fireplace could follow suit, i'd love that! I know many people have loved the marble fireplaces (2018, and 2020's) so building off of that momentum would be nice. (see alternative idea related to this below the pictures)
- CUSTOMIZABLE (NEW SIZED) GARLANDS: something that is always amazing to get, building-wise, is more freedom as the builder (especially when it comes to free move!) So getting different pieces like 1x1, 2x2, 4x4, etc. of garland pieces would be amazing! That way we could really decorate almost anything with a lovely christmas garland. (I think I'm just obsessed with Cedar...)
- MAJOR REQUEST: *Item Update* ALL CHRISTMAS TREE DECOR TO FLOAT: This is one of my biggest wants from this thread, I'm hoping that the current Christmas Tree decor (& decor moving forward) which means like ribbon garland, ornaments, lights, etc. float when decorating garland & trees. It's VERY hard to custom design a plain tree. I know that the plain trees have build in "tiers" for layering the decoration but you can only do so much. Some gingerbread items also do not float which kind ruins the point of the blank gingerbread walls we got.
- More Buildable & See-Through Windows: I love seeing storefront builds, and other rooms that showcase a house/building that allows you to see into that house--it really takes a lot of care and attention to build those scenes through the lens of a window for the viewer to enjoy! So I'd love to give builders more options when building rooms. Right now players mainly choose between those space (?) clear panels which give too much of a modern vibe, and Greenhouse walls, which even then don't provide that much visibility. It would be the best time to do it now for some Christmas Villages!
- ANTIQUE PAINTING IDEAS: as usual, here is a running list of paintings I think would be cool to have (doesn't necessarily have to be Antique!)
- Santa & Mrs Claus Portraits
- Ghost of Christmas PAST, PRESENT, & FUTURE (A Christmas Carol)
- A Snowy Forest (pictured below but not as a window, I really just love this window and its colors)
- The Manger/Nativity AS A SILHOUETTE - I think we get the Nativity in the Advent calendar.. so not detailed, just silhouette with the Star in the sky as the focus
- A HUGE (maybe Blue Beard/Marie Antoinette sized) Painting of a Christmas Tree (pictured below) or any other snowy scene tbh, just big please
These are all the ideas I have for now.. But as usual I'll be thinking of more and posting them below AND THEN editing them into this main post.
Happy Holidays :)