Swallowtail event feedback

Sharing some feedback here.  The rooms are too congested.  Most tiles are difficult to click because of too many people  standing on them.  clusters of players blocking the view.  chat bubbles blocking the view.  maybe provide a tally countdown -per room- instead of 'overall'.  Each room had 6 butterflies (including entry room), for a total of 24.  Oh, and people using fairy IS NOT HELPFUL IN THIS EVENT.

Otherwise, the event shows promise if tweaked.

Anyone?

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick

Comments

• Sadly, I missed the event! Sounds chaotic, but want to try it out. Hopefully there is another one soon. 

bepannah01
  • maybe they could open two host rooms like they do for some other events.
    cutelina
  • edited May 2020
    It was a great idea just needs the individuality you mentioned!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • My feedback - for rooms full of people, avoid animated items completely. It’s one thing to place butterflies for the event, but the rooms also had animated fog and a bonfire. That and the butterflies, with tons of people = lag and a less enjoyable experience.

Sure, lag might be less for some people with powerful computers, however I had trouble avoiding lag
  • I liked the event quite a lot, seeing lots of people there was really fun, I would not consider my laptop powerful and I did not have very much lag. 

I don't think I would enjoy it near as much with all the animated items gone and the people gone, it seems like trying to optimize the fun out of the event for the sake of making it run as fast as possible.
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Today's event ran much better for me.  I didn't see as many people (although I was in early).  To be fair, I already knew the instructions ahead of time, as well as the fact that there were 6 butterfiles in each room.  So it went really fast for me today, but hard to tell if it was 'improved' or not, as I couldn't fairly compare it to the previous Swallowtail event.  Hopefully it went well for everyone.  I do like the animations, and believe they should remain, btw.   Larger rooms may have been a plus, and may have made for easier navigation.

my 7 cents.  taxes are crazy high in my state :P

Thanks VFK

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick