What is going on??!!

edited December 2019 in General
I would love to know what is happening in VFK.
For months now we are faced with delay delay delay of things we were promised (and paid for).  Things don't work right, things don't load.
Players (myself included certainly) have been asking and no information is forthcoming. 

Just at this moment we are behind on..
  • gifts from Christmas membership 'that were supposed to be daily'
  • Carnival bundles are how many weeks behind
  • Seeds - (those used to be the 18- 20th) 

There are multiple party favors that don't load, there are multiple items that don't work. As I've posted elsewhere, its become a joke that nothing comes out on time. Why? Why is it on the calendar for you to just move it? Then move it again and again! Why does everything happen after 11pm Eastern time?  Why tell us we are getting things with our paid memberships and then kicking them down the road indefinitely. 

It's getting frustrating. It's getting disappointing.  I know you all @VFK_Enigma   @VFK_Mintie   keep telling us everything is fine but its obviously not.  I know you know I am not the only one complaining, just the one that asks the questions...
It's not Christmas - this has been months and months - way back before Halloween. 

What is happening??!! 

And before anyone in this forum gets on their high horse - oh they work so hard give them a break yada yada yada, listen, nobody loves VFK more than I do so just forget that. People don't get upset about things they don't care about. And a lot of us pay a lot of money for these memberships and this game so  forget that. Ok? ok..

Comments

• edited December 2019
    I've been saying it for the past few years, and I get the same "give them a break" reply so I don't even bother now. It started with just delayed host events, now it's everything (collectibles, new releases, bundles, contest stuff, etc). Let's not forget unloaded items, and unfixed items.

And I understand I'm sure they have a lot on their plate, especially with VFK 3D and bunch of other stuff. But that is no excuse for constant constant delay. Hire more staff, don't release until item is completed, etc. There are numerous solutions. 

I love this game, I've been on it for years now. VFK has had an amazing growth, it is a great game, BUT it can be even better if these issues can be fixed.

I hope this post and my comment isn't taken in a negative way by anyone or staff, we are just frustrated and want a solution for these issues. 

bepannah01
  • This being my first year and my having my own computer issues, I didn't realize how much of a game issue I was having..I just thought the delays are normal cause of the 3D thing, and them trying to adjust the old program to the new coming out. Yes I am a VIP member, and being Canadian I DO PAY MORE WITH THE EXCHANGE FOR THIS...the same with UK VIP, their exchange is almost the same rate as ours...almost...right now your (rounding up) ten dollar monthly cost Canadians 18 dollars..so I payed over 25 dollars for the Christmas membership, plus I pay for my monthly...add it all up....YES WE WANT OUR MONEY'S WORTH....sorry for yelling, but I know VFK Staff are reading this....it for them.... 
  •    Everyone here has voiced the public opinion I believe (save for a certain percentage). I shall only add one thought:

I hadn't noticed the delays when I first joined (October, 2017). Roll around to this year's Halloween and the delays in the Antique Shop releases...well...then I noticed the issues really for myself. However, I have been reading posts about this issue. 

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • edited December 2019
    Fonna, I’m on the same page! I’m not trying to stir up anything but it is definitely beyond frustrating and people IN game have told me to shut up about it which makes it even more difficult when I’m trying to tell a staffer that something isn’t working so that it can be fixed.

I really hope these issues will be resolved in the new year!
    I have played VFK for the past 7 years and never seen it like this! :(
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  •  This is so weird, but I checked Fonna's discussions under her profile and for a bit, this discussion was missing like VFK took it down. I check it now, and it's back up!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

• edited December 2019
    Holly said:

Fonna, I’m on the same page! I’m not trying to stir up anything but it is definitely beyond frustrating and people IN game have told me to shut up about it which makes it even more difficult when I’m trying to tell a staffer that something isn’t working so that it can be fixed.

No it was not like this before.
    • We never waited for items.
    • We used to get event pins at the first of the following month, contest items were released as soon as winners came out. 
    • You weren't getting judging prizes months and months later. 
    •  the first memberships that came out, the bundles were there every week as promised
    •  i never remember so much adjusted and changing on the calendar like we have seen the passed few months
    Yeah there is always gonna be a random something that doesn't work but this is not that. This is MOST things now. Everything is delayed, sometimes hours or days - sometimes weeks - sometimes cancelled all together.

I need to say this - anyone who says - 'shut up don't complain about it' is wrong. Adults, at least mature people, discuss when they have issues. AND that is also a slap in the face us as players. Our time, money and devotion to this game should count for something. Because here we are, still coming back, still supporting the game even though it has gotten very disappointing in areas.

Also, I do not think VFK gets mad if you talk about the things that are bothering you. How do fix things if you don't talk about them. How do you understand if things aren't explained.
  • Yeah something is up. I just wrote an entire comment and it disappeared. Perhaps they are making sure this doesn't turn ugly. It certainly SHOULDN'T. 
  • Fonna said:

Holly said:

No it was not like this before.
    • We never waited for items.
    • We used to get event pins at the first of the following month, contest items were released as soon as winners came out. 
    • You weren't getting judging prizes months and months later. 
    •  the first memberships that came out, the bundles were there every week as promised
    •  i never remember so much adjusted and changing on the calendar like we have seen the passed few months
    Yeah there is always gonna be a random something that doesn't work but this is not that. This is MOST things now. Everything is delayed, sometimes hours or days - sometimes weeks - sometimes cancelled all together.

I need to say this - anyone who says - 'shut up don't complain about it' is wrong. Adults, at least mature people, discuss when they have issues. AND that is also a slap in the face us as players. Our time, money and devotion to this game should count for something. Because here we are, still coming back, still supporting the game even though it has gotten very disappointing in areas.

Also, I do not think VFK gets mad if you talk about the things that are bothering you. How do fix things if you don't talk about them. How do you understand if things aren't explained.
       Thank you! :) Maybe it was a glitch, but it sure did mess with me!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

•   @Fonna I'm guessing; A. Game ending, or B. A big project under wraps. What are your thoughts?

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

• My GUESS. Staff shortage.  

But its all a guess..

• Fonna said:

My GUESS. Staff shortage.  

But its all a guess..

That could be it. 

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

• I would guess staff shortage as well. I really do think the staff would do everything in their power to keep VFK open for us! :)
  • Holly said:

I would guess staff shortage as well. I really do think the staff would do everything in their power to keep VFK open for us! :)

Agreed. I don't think there are enough hands to keep up with everything. That's why contests now last 6 weeks plus - keep us busy.

Can I just add, I am ready for a computer break. Halloween through Christmas are very busy in VFK so I would communicate to staff to feel free to take a break and work on your behind the scenes stuff. We'll be ok. I know most people I talk with feel the same. We can work on getting our credits up and also getting stuff done away from the computer that gets pushed off a little (we are a dedicated bunch). Throw in a Host event here and there.

BUT - can we get up to date with contests/memberships/ items first please??  
  • Holly said:

I would guess staff shortage as well. I really do think the staff would do everything in their power to keep VFK open for us! :)

Agreed. I don't think there are enough hands to keep up with everything. That's why contests now last 6 weeks plus - keep us busy.

Can I just add, I am ready for a computer break. Halloween through Christmas are very busy in VFK so I would communicate to staff to feel free to take a break and work on your behind the scenes stuff. We'll be ok. I know most people I talk with feel the same. We can work on getting our credits up and also getting stuff done away from the computer that gets pushed off a little (we are a dedicated bunch). Throw in a Host event here and there.

BUT - can we get up to date with contests/memberships/ items first please??  

I agree, I'm fine with not having new item releases/host events every week. With so many going on, it's also hard to catch up. I just finally did my elf encounter today. So IT IS OKAY if we get less releases and events, just take your time to complete it, and release it on time, that's all :)

bepannah01
  • I 100% agree as well.

I think January would be a great month for staff to possibly work on things before the next big holiday on here (valentines day)
  • I’ve been saying the same thing, how they should take some time (perhaps in January, since it’s usually the most dead month anyway) and go back and fix all the things that players have been bringing to their attention over and over again.

I will say that the Anniversary celebration this year was without a doubt their best yet, but things seemed to go downhill fast afterwards. This Halloween and Christmas were by far the most lacklustre I’ve ever experienced on VFK, and I don’t particularly mind fewer releases if it means they’re getting themselves caught up to release things that actually work on time, but it wasn’t like that at all. It still seemed as if everything was delayed, and if it wasn’t delayed, it was a spinning circle, unfixed for hours, days, weeks... It’s disappointing, because looking at a jam packed event calendar gets hopes up for an exciting holiday season, but I can’t even keep track of what releases, or doesn’t release, anymore.

Not to mention, memberships always seem to be a bust. I’m really not sure why they thought that daily gifts would be better for them than weekly bundles this time around, because it seems to be 10 times worse. I honestly can’t even tell how far behind we are; it’s THAT bad. And as someone else mentioned above, we Canadians pay quite a bit more with the exchange rate, so it really feels like we aren’t getting what we feel we should and would get when we purchase.

I know they are working hard to rewrite the game to be playable without Flash, which is why I tend to cut them some slack when I see people tearing them apart. I’d imagine that isn’t an easy task to do, but please, VFK staff: schedule less, don’t get our hopes up, and stop biting off more than you can chew.
  • Bumping this thread.

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

• This thread is hidden to some people ?
  • It’s back up for me!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

• Bump!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!