A few Winter Ideas & [New!] Valentine's Ideas!

edited January 2020 in VFK Developer Ideas!
Please keep in mind that some of these ideas have been mentioned on previous threads :D Also spoilers didn't work (not really sure how to fix this issue, so sorry about that!)

Happy Winter!

I'd like to start this thread with the suggestions that I'd love to see most!

First and foremost, I'd love if we could please have some larger counterparts of our beloved Iridescent walls & tiles this winter (ideally before the building contest)? Perhaps in the maze this time, or in the colonial barrels again. I love these walls, they're so frosty and beautiful, but there's only so much you can do with 1x1, 1x3 and corner pieces. I'd greatly appreciate some 3x3 & 3x4 walls, as well as 2x2 & 3x3 rugs to play with! <3

iridescent walls and tiles

One of my favourite lamps ever is the Snow Cloud Lamp (pictured below)!

me

I think this design would also be a super cute idea for a pin, and seeing as we don't have a lot of strictly winter-themed pins, I think this would be a great addition! I removed the base of the lamp and tried to make an example (key word: tried). If it were animated that would be really cool too :)

snowcloudpin       
snowcloudpinfinal

Maybe this could be a maze prize? I love maze pins!

Additionally, we get so many gingerbread walls every year for building, but there is also a “Winter” option for the building contest and I’d love a building release that caters to people going for a wintery theme.

The only straight up ice walls we have are very old from the maze, but those ones are so thick and hard to come by, so it would be really nice to have some basic, translucent, shiny:

- Ice Walls
- Ice Blocks
- Ice Roofs 
- Ice Arches & Doorways
- Ice Windows
- Ice Pillars 
- Ice Stairs
- Etc.

Now for some other miscellaneous ideas!

Clothing

Saturday morning Fashions releases are some of my favourite things on VFK, so here are ideas for some Winter Fashions releases (or Fall Fashions, seeing as we still have some autumn left!)

Teddy Coats

teddycoats

Vintage Sweaters

vintagesweaters

Slouchy Cardigans

slouchycardigans

Chunky Turtlenecks

chunkyturtlenecks

Vintage Jeans
I was thinking, and I don't think we have any jeans with belts... so that could be an idea!

vintagejeans

Ski Gear
I think this colour scheme is sooo cute. I particularly love the cloudy jacket!

skigear

Basic Pullover Hoodies, Zip-Up Hoodies, and Sweatpants
I'd love to see these in light grey, white and black! I know it's a bit tedious but I think it'd be great if each hoodie came in two options: one with the hood up and one with the hood down.
I made a couple examples pictured below:

Zip-Up Hoodie - Hood Down (white & grey examples, black edit was a fail lol)

hoodie  hoodiegrey

Pullover Hoodie - Hood Down & Hood Up (front pocket and drawstrings are important details lolz)

pulloverhooddown   pulloverhoodup

And sweatpants to match! Too lazy to edit some, so here are some examples from google. We love a baggy, oversized look.

sweatpants 

Some cute winter beanies :)

winterbeanies

I'd also love if lavender hair was added to antiques/membership bundles/doll hairs. I think a hairstyle like this would be really cute for a Christmas membership or Christmas antiques!

christmashair

Ice Skate Medals 
For the gingerbread building contest!

iceskatemedal

Furniture

Optic Fibre Christmas Trees

opticfibretree

Outdoor trees covered in lights

treeswithlights

Valentine's Day

For starters, I'd love to see another Valentine's Day FX duo this year. I thought a cute idea would be a duo called "Love Bug" and "Love Sick", where FX has a dizzy/spiral effect, perhaps with hearts bubbling around as well. I also think a spiral design on the FX pin itself would look really cool, perhaps like the pics below :)

lovebuglovesickfx

For the Valentine's exchange, Zanze and I were talking a while back about how cute it would be to have swan plushies that make a heart shape with their necks when facing each other. I'd love to have these in the exchange because I think they'd be awesome in realistic colours (white & black), but also super cute in the usual Valentine's Day colours like pink, purple and blue.

swanplushies

swan heart shape

I would LOVE to have the Valentine's Day baloon teddy in a lavender version, and @icywater_princess and I would love a pink girl yeti for our other yetis <3

lavenderballoonteddypinkyeti

And here are a few ideas I posted last year that I would still love to see :)

Carryable heart-shaped lollipops

carryable heart shaped lollipops

Rose bears

rose bears

Heart string lights

heart string lights

I'd also just love more candy pins in general :D 

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

• Snow flake slippers would be cute!
  • angelwaterfairy said:

Snow flake slippers would be cute!

Yes! I searched some up and found some super cute ones :) I like the fuzzy socks too

snowflakeslippers
  • Zoee said:

angelwaterfairy said:

Snow flake slippers would be cute!

Yes! I searched some up and found some super cute ones :) I like the fuzzy socks too

snowflakeslippers
    -screeches= they got them in light blue, and frosty pink omg!!! yes i love these!
  • edited November 2019
    I would love some lighted tree's! It takes forever to cover tree's with the Christmas lights, and sometimes it doesn't fit right. So pre-lit tree's are much needed!!

bepannah01
  • I agree with the iridescent walls -- they're so nice but our options with them are so limited. Bigger walls (and rugs) would be much appreciated!

That adorable little bear winter beanie looks so cozy! I'd love to see that make it into the game.

Outdoor trees covered in lights would make for great scavenger hunt prizes, and would be a lot of fun to use in the building competition. Can't get enough trees!

And while we're on the topic of trees -- I would love more ice coin ice trees, similar to the aesthetic of the original Ice Palm Trees, except not palms. Perhaps if the "Snowy Forest Oak" from 2012 was rendered in all ice. It's a magnificent tree!

Thanks for the thread
  • Tomorrow said:

I agree with the iridescent walls -- they're so nice but our options with them are so limited. Bigger walls (and rugs) would be much appreciated!

That adorable little bear winter beanie looks so cozy! I'd love to see that make it into the game.

Outdoor trees covered in lights would make for great scavenger hunt prizes, and would be a lot of fun to use in the building competition. Can't get enough trees!

And while we're on the topic of trees -- I would love more ice coin ice trees, similar to the aesthetic of the original Ice Palm Trees, except not palms. Perhaps if the "Snowy Forest Oak" from 2012 was rendered in all ice. It's a magnificent tree!

Thanks for the thread
    Definitely agree with more trees and just general shrubbery and not-so-“green”ery ice coin releases. The ‘Frozen Forest Tree - Icy’ from 2016 is one of my favourite trees in game, but I missed out on them, so I’d love to see various new kinds of icy trees and plants!
  •  Eek, I love these!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • I think this would make a pretty christmas dress 
    cutelina
  • this one.  Untitled
    cutelina
  • 1920's themed New Years stuff would be great since we're entering the 20's again! Gatsby anyone?

20s1
    20s2
    20s3
    -LeeFae (my username on here still won't change after a year..)
  • Anyone thinking 1920s flapper theme for new years since were entering into the 20s again??

• Anyone thinking 1920s flapper theme for new years since were entering into the 20s again??
  • Some more ideas I wanted to share! 

For a Christmas ride, I'd love to have a basic Christmas train (I don't think we have one like this yet? Correct me if I'm wrong) where we sit in a train cart and the front of the train pulls us along. Like this:

trainride

Perhaps Mrs. Claus could give out aprons and oven mitts this year?

mrsclausapron

I'd love some roof pieces (realistic shingles, not gingerbread) that come pre-lit with Christmas lights! (Snow on top would be great too)

christmaslightroofpieces

Icicle Lights (that animate to drip down)

iciclelights 

Pastel Elf outfits or perhaps, pastel elf toys to hold?

pastel elves

Pastel Winter/Christmas outfits

pastelchristmasoutfits

Roasted Chestnuts & Eggnog Food Carts

foodcarts

Crystal Chandeliers 

crystalchandeliers

Angel Ice Statues

angelicestatues

Plaid/Patchwork Teddy Bears (ones we could hold? (: )

teddybears

Northern Lights Painting!!! So many cute options <3 (Maybe antique??)

northernlightspolarbearpaintings

northernlightspaintings
  • Some colored gingerbread walls would be cool! 

diy-christmas-village-with-free-printables-11
  • I love everyone's ideas so much! It makes me so excited for Christmas! Does anyone else think a Nutcracker themed membership would be amazing?! I'm not sure if they've already done one, but it would be so cool!

• Zoee said:

Clothing

Saturday morning Fashions releases are some of my favourite things on VFK, so here are ideas for some Winter Fashions releases (or Fall Fashions, seeing as we still have some autumn left!)

Teddy Coats

teddycoats

I like these! I was thinking maybe we could get robes for Christmas morning maybe? That same fleece idea?

robe
  • Okay the green plaid beanie from the Country membership is SO nice and a big hit. I was talking to @VFK_Mintie in the garden last night about how I'd LOVE a lavender & grey plaid beanie. I would never take it off hehe <3 I attempted to make an edit of it :))) Maybe we could get one in the Nutcracker membership?

lavender beanie
  • The beanie should definitely come in more colors!! :O
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • Zoee said:

Okay the green plaid beanie from the Country membership is SO nice and a big hit. I was talking to @VFK_Mintie in the garden last night about how I'd LOVE a lavender & grey plaid beanie. I would never take it off hehe <3 I attempted to make an edit of it :))) Maybe we could get one in the Nutcracker membership?

lavender beanie
    Ohhh I am all for a grey beanie! Sounds awesome! :O

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• That beanie and matching scarf are adorable! Love the color edit.
  • Fonna said:

That beanie and matching scarf are adorable! Love the color edit.

Thanks! If we run out of bundles I'd love this for a January HOST hunt!
  • edited January 2020
    Also, can 2020 bring the revival of arctic animals? We haven't gotten any since 2014, and I love these purpley blue guys. Mine want more friends!! @VFK_Mintie  @VFK_Enigma

pls

Some arctic animal ideas...
    • Deer
    • Hares/rabbits with little bun bun babies
    • Seals/walruses  
    • Foxes
    • Bears
    • Moose
  • I am in love with those sweaters you posted... come on vfk we need those!

Ask before taking.
  • I would love Mannequins that are able to use/hold carry items! And on that same thought, I'd love for the mannequins to be able to be traded to non-members OR for non-members to have the ability to give furni perms. I love being able to help my non-member friends build, but half of my inventory seems to be VIP only. 
  • Back again with another suggestion :D 

I'd loooooooooove a Northern Lights Pin!!! I think this would make a perfect late-January HOST prize

northern lights gif3

northern lights gif2

northern lights gif

northern lights gif4

I'd also like to note that we haven't had a contest boutique pin in sooo long. If I remember correctly, the last one was the dragon pin from Halloween 2016 or 2017. I'd still love to see a Snow Cloud pin so just bumping that idea as well :) 
  • Hi all! I updated this thread to include Valentine's Day ideas, so feel free to post your ideas too! I also added these to the main body of the thread. <3

Valentine's Day

For starters, I'd love to see another Valentine's Day FX duo this year. I thought a cute idea would be a duo called "Love Bug" and "Love Sick", where FX has a dizzy/spiral effect, perhaps with hearts bubbling around as well. I also think a spiral design on the FX pin itself would look really cool, perhaps like the pics below :)

lovebuglovesickfx

For the Valentine's exchange, Zanze and I were talking a while back about how cute it would be to have swan plushies that make a heart shape with their necks when facing each other. I'd love to have these in the exchange because I think they'd be awesome in realistic colours (white & black), but also super cute in the usual Valentine's Day colours like pink, purple and blue.

swanplushies

swan heart shape

I would LOVE to have the Valentine's Day baloon teddy in a lavender version, and @icywater_princess and I would love a pink girl yeti for our other yetis <3

lavenderballoonteddypinkyeti

And here are a few ideas I posted last year that I would still love to see :)

Carryable heart-shaped lollipops

carryable heart shaped lollipops

Rose bears

rose bears

Heart string lights

heart string lights

I'd also just love more candy pins in general :D 

Happy Valentine's Day!
  • As an avid FX collector, I agree it would be great to have another set of HOST Hunt Valentine's Day magic, and the Love Bug and Love Sick titles are way too cute! We haven't had a HOST Hunt since the Halloween Caramel Apple pin in early November of last year, so I think this would be a great way to kick off 2020 hunts!

I wasn't really feeling the Pigguin theme last year -- I still don't know what they are or why they are. Love swans are way more appropriate in my opinion, and I think the two swans facing each other to create a heart shape would make for a great 1 in 300 exchange prize!

I think the carry lollipops are a cute idea, and the heart string lights!! All great suggestions, I'm excited to see what February brings
  • @Tomorrow I more so meant individual swans with 2 different front rotations so they could face each other, I'd love if they could all do it. I think white & black swans would be fitting for the 1 in 200 and 1 in 300 slots, respectively. 
  • If they make black and white swans I really hope they make white/black swan dresses/suits f9f67bf94633c451a909fc60a62b680f
    5c47ef4b388a3d2aae72f0236d836f6a
    cutelina