Alternatives to Puffin for iPhone

Hey all! So I just found out yesterday that they are getting rid of Puffin Browser for iPhone by the first of next month. This is super unfortunate bc it’s what I use to check VFK on the go! So I’m in the market for a replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone use Photon Browser and have any comments/complaints about using it with VFK? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Bump!!
  • Bump****

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • Puffin browser doesn’t work for me, it tells me I need to update my flash and also photon.
  • Someone plz help out the iPhone fam D:
  • I haven't found one yet. :/ I also noticed when I searched for photon, there wasn't a free version avaliable. 
  • So, I did some research, and the following iOS browsers do not support flash player:

Cake
    Opera Touch
    Brave
    Aloha Browser
    Maxthon
    Lunascape
    Gear Browser

Photon appears to be one of the best alternatives, since it comes with flash player built into it like Puffin, but you will not catch me spending $3.99 on a web browser lol.

(Not to mention, flash player is said to be discontinued as of 2020.)
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• @cottoncandy Puffin only works for me if I use epic ages website to log in instead of VFK. And also I have to use a guest theme or else I can’t see the bottom bar at all.

@Jessizoid @Kitten yeah I’ve found the same. I guess I wouldn’t care to pay that for Photon, but I want to know for sure it works first. (I’m wary of what’s actually going to happen when it’s “discontinued” and would like to have a browser that it might still work on in case it’s not actually gone gone for a while.)
  • @cottoncandy are you saying you’ve tried photon and it tells you the same thing?
  • HoneyBee said:

@cottoncandy Puffin only works for me if I use epic ages website to log in instead of VFK. And also I have to use a guest theme or else I can’t see the bottom bar at all.

@Jessizoid @Kitten yeah I’ve found the same. I guess I wouldn’t care to pay that for Photon, but I want to know for sure it works first. (I’m wary of what’s actually going to happen when it’s “discontinued” and would like to have a browser that it might still work on in case it’s not actually gone gone for a while.)

Ooooo, thanks for the tip!!!
    I just tried to login using epicages and it works!!!
    I’ll have to try the same thing on photon.
  •  well if flash player is being discontinued so puffin is also going to close, won’t you be able to play on our iPhones and iPads in the Safari browser? Only reason we can’t now is because of that flash player right? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • @Fonna Inquiring minds are fairly correct. Flash isn't supported on Safari and our main alternative is Puffin, a mobile browser compatible with Flash that is going offline as of July. However, Flash isn't coming to an end for at least another 6-8 months. So during the time between Puffin going offline and Flash ending, we have no other alternative. @VFK_Mintie has informed us that VFK will be making an upgrade away from Flash in the near future, which may allow us to use Safari depending on what they decide to do, but until then we're stuck with what we currently have.
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• edited June 2019
    I understand what you’re saying I also use Puffin on my iPad and iPhone. I paid for it so this is all news to me not too happy about it. So I understand what you’re saying about looking for something in the meantime but I don’t know exactly when puffin is ending do you? And does that include the paid version of Puffin? I’m going to do some research on my own. It is nice to know that we will be able to play without an issue once VFK completes their change over.
    Btw I Also did buy photon a while back I’m going to reload it and see how that works. I found it to be confusing browser at the time.
  • @Fonna the free version of Puffin is set to end on July 1. The message I got said that the paid version will continue for "a little longer" but like who knows what that means.
  • Thank you