My Dream (Last Night's Encounter)

I had a dream about having a baby. No, I was not watching myself give birth to so-called baby in my ream, but I had one and he was mine. It started at there very end with me laying on my bed holding the devlilish thing in my arms at my current age, a teenager. He was... indescribable. I can't say what he looked like, he just looked like a baby, but my baby.

I remember naming him 'G'. Just G.

My parents knew about the pregancy because when I brought him home, no one really said a word other than a welcome home. My dad was eager to know what I named him and I admitted I'd made a mistake- but the mistake wasn't getting 'pregnant'. It was naming the baby 'G' by mistake, just G. And I remember how I kept asking if I could change his name, how I could go about doing that, and where to get it done. My dad kept telling me 'no, you can't change his name. The government doesn't allow that." And then he contradicted himself by saying, "You can but it will cost you $500." 

And in that dream, I kept forgetting there even was a baby. I came home from an event later in that dream in my dad's car at some point during the night. I was settled, releaxed, and got out of the shower around 8pm dream time and suddenly I remembered. "Hey, dad, where's the baby?" And he shrugged and said, "I don't know. You had him in the car." So fearing that something was wrong, I rushed outside to the black SUV only to hear sirens racing down the road.

I paused.

My dad and I broke into our own locked car (instead of grabbing the keys that didn't exist in dream land) and unbuckled the baby, taking him out of his car seat. The sirens drew louder and police rushed all around us- but they weren't there for me. No, the little (as my mom calls it in real life) 'pharmaceutical company' (aka drug house) across the street is where they were headed. 

I went inside. The dream changed scenes.

I was at school with my baby boy sitting in... i'm not sure what class. My friend was freaked out (understandably so) and was like, "You were pregnant? You had a baby?!" So loud that apparently none of the other students could hear us. 

And then I explained, once again, about how angry I was at my mistake. Naming the baby G.

Just G.

And then the dream ended, I woke up, and realized:

Man, I would make a horrible mother.
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• wow that sounds like a crazy dream!!  maybe it's a premonition!

• edited May 2019
    I've had dreams where I do things I would never do, weird dreams are just our mind working out things we saw or thought about during the day.

I'd say your dream just shows that you want to be a mother and are worried about being a good mother, those aren't bad things to be thinking about.

Also, my personal opinion knowing you here on MC is that you would make a good mother, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about it.  Certainly the world is full of examples of how to be a bad mother, and how to have a bad marriage, (or no marriage at all), so I think our generation has the benefit of being able to know what choices not to make.

But seriously, I also love seeing a discussion about future motherhood, I think about it ALL the time! 

We are still young and we have the power to make the future beautiful for ourselves and our children.

Now for some silly questions:

Do you want a boy or a girl first?
    What would you name your baby? (Besides G lol)
    How many children do you want?
    When do you want to get married?
    What kind of a marriage are you looking for?
    What kind of husband do you want?  Personality, Eye Color, Hair Color, Height, Age, Occupation etc
    Would you send your children to school or homeschool them?
    Would you be a stay-at-home mom?
    Name one thing you would change with your children, that you learned from your own upbringing.
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • edited May 2019
    I think everyone has had weird dreams now and then, if I had that one it would probably stick with me for a while!  I agree with @Blossomflower, I think you would make a great mom. :)

cute questionaire too blossom, here are my answers to your questions...
    Do you want a boy or a girl first? - Boy, I want him to look like his daddy ;)
    What would you name your baby? - Luke
    How many children do you want? - 3
    When do you want to get married? - whenever my prince charming shows up
    What kind of a marriage are you looking for? - a stable, reliable one!
    What kind of husband do you want?  Talkative, Green Eyes, Brown Hair, 6' foot, maybe a dentist ;)
    Would you send your children to school or homeschool them? - homeschool them, I'm terrified of school germs
    Would you be a stay-at-home mom? - it would depend on how much money he was making o.o
    Name one thing you would change with your children, that you learned from your own upbringing. - I'd like my kids to grow up knowing how to cook; seriously this is a necessity everyone needs from EARLY ON!

happy 2017 ya'll :) :D

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • edited May 2019
    That is a weird dream but I have totally had weirder lol! I agree with @Blossomflower dreams are just a way to unwind some issues you're having or maybe just entertain you lol

One thing is for sure though, you would make an absolute terrific mom!  No doubt about it, you care way too much to ever go wrong!  Just don't name your baby G and you're fine XD

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• Personally, if I was unfortunate enough to have a child in the future, it would hopefully be all boys. Maybe twins (if possible) Named Malachi and Maverick, or name a boy Malcolm too.  I want two, maybe three if the situation came to
    it but preferably none. Marriage will have to come about age 40, and I want a marriage where we're literally both always
    busy so we don't have to interact much, but when we do we'll always have a good time (providing we can be loyal too).

Husband? Brown hair and blue eyes, or black hair and green eyes. Their personality has to be be (Like my story character
    I created that I love so much, I'd marry it if it were a real guy). I don't care as long as he isn't shorter than me. Maybe he's a doctor, actor, athlete? Coach? Something interesting.  No more than 10 years older, cause eh.... 

I would NEVER be a stay at home mom. I cannot, will not, and seriously- i would have worked so hard for my career by then. It's tough to say but the kids may or may not be raised by nannies (But i will choose the nannies carefully if need be and make sure they raise the children as they should). And, I don't know what I would change. personally I don't see any problems about how I was raised. But maybe there was... who knows.

I'll do my best to not have family brawls, though, and maybe a huge vacation once a year.

• @iStella Care? In real life if you ever have the chance to meet me, you'll know how distant I am and how cold I can be most of the time. Online i seem different because in a way, I am. I'm not around anything on VFK and Miss Clue that conflicts with myself.

Gosh, talking about my real personality would drive you all away.
    Maybe I'll make a confession post at some point...

But things would and could definitely go wrong.
  • @frogiepower maybe who you are on VFK and miss clue is how you really are inside!  And the way you act in real is a kind of mask you wear to protect yourself!  I would totally read your confession post!

But to be more on point, I've never seen a side of you that would mistreat or neglect a baby if you had one!

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• @iStella True, i'd probably only end up calling Mom ahaha
  • edited May 2019
    @frogiepower I hope you do meet the kind of guy you have in your story!

Also, I completely agree on the huge family vacation, i love those! and no brawls for sure lol

What kind of a career were you thinking about having?

And I agree with @iStella you have a wonderful personality, I know from your previous posts you've had some hard times but you shouldn't lose your positivity, things will get better and you'll have a great life, you seem like the kind of person who could take on anything!
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  •  I can sooooo relate to hard times.. I see something more is going on in there, @frogiepower !! LOVES AND HUGS TO YOU! You'll make a great mom!! ;))

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • @Blossomflower Neurologist/Neurosurgeon (really haven't decided if  I want to go as far as to do surgery... seems like a terrible idea, but who knows)