Run from the Devil's Daughter - Script Preview!

Hello friends! As you may know, I have been in the process of writing a play, and the past few days I have been working on actually writing the script rather than working on the logo or the costume or makeup, and I wanted to show y'all a preview (aka what I have so far) to see what you think! I'll leave a poll that you may vote on if you want! I just wanted to see what everyone thought so far. There will be 3 full scenes for you all to read! Happy Wednesday!
Run From the Devil's Daughter - Script Preview!
  1. What do you think of the script so far?
    1. I think it has a lot of potential!
      50.00%
    2. I mean, it's okay, but I personally wouldn't go see it.
        0.00%
    3. It's not my thing. I don't really like it, but good luck!
        0.00%
    4. Ew gross, why did I waste my time reading this?
      50.00%
 HBForever's Signature
Thank you @Purrfect

Comments

• edited March 2019

Scene 1:

[Lights fade in. Scene is set in a hotel room. LAUREN and LILY walk into the room with towels and sit on their beds with their towels beneath them.]

Lauren: [sighs] I’m so glad we decided to go on this vacation. It’s nice to get a break from life.

Lily: [Nodding] Seriously.

Lauren: This is nice, but I really wish the boys had joined us for swimming. It’s a great way to end our vacation in Norway! I just wish…

Lily: What? You wish you were faster than me in the water? [giggles]

Lauren: [bluntly] Yes.

Lily: Well I was born in the sea, remember?

Lauren: Yeah yeah, Lillian. We know you are all majestic because you were born in the sea and you have these awesome water powers. You could have at least given me a chance though.

Lily: Well, Lauren. For calling me ‘Lillian,’ I’m quite glad I didn’t give you a chance. You know I only want to be called Lily. Only my mother can call me by my full name.

Lauren: (Huffing) Fine, Lily.

[LAUREN looks around the room and gets a confused look on her face.]

Lauren: Say.. Lily, do you know where Bob and Billy Bob are? They were supposed to meet us back here so we could go have dinner together.

Lily: Nope. They might have lost track of time. I’ll call Billy Bob.

[LILY gets her phone out and calls her fiance, BILLY BOB]

Lily: Hi hun. Where are you guys? Lauren and I are back at the hotel. Oh. Okay. Love you! Bye. [LILY hangs up the call]

Lily: He said they got hungry and went to dinner. I guess he forgot to let me know. So apparently we are on our own for food this evening. There’s a place across the street called “Wienerlicious.” What do you think?

Lauren: I mean, it sounds intriguing.

Lily: I know right? Let me grab my purse.

HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Scene 2:

[The scene is taking place at a hotdog restaurant called “Wienerlicious.” LAUREN and LILY enter and look around in interest.]

Lauren: Well, this is…. Weird.

Lily: Seriously. [LAUREN and LILY sit down at a table.]

[JANICE enters, walks over to the girls, and stands there watching them.]

Lauren: Honestly, why are we even here? I may be hungry, but neither of us even like hot dogs. [She looks at the menu] And how is it even possible to have 666 different flavours of hot dog?

Lily: Because it is one of the only places in this little town. And we don’t want to disturb the guys while they are eating. And it’s good for us to get a little girls’ night out!

[The girls notice JANICE standing there watching them]

Lauren: [To Lily] Who is that creepy girl standing over there?

[As Lily turns to look at JANICE, JANICE walks toward the girls.]

Janice: My name is Janice. I own this place. I’m also a hot dog impersonator. I have a PhD in hot dog impersonation. I also live in a dumpster outside the building, even though I make roughly $14.9 billion each year.

Lily: [Nervously laughing] Okay then…

Janice: Can I get you something? A hot dog, perhaps?

Lauren: What do you have?

Janice: [Bluntly] Hot dogs.

Lily: Do you have any soda or water?

Janice: Nope. Only hot dogs. We have exactly 666 flavors!

Lauren: Yeah, we saw… Say.. Miss Janice, how is it possible to have that many flavors?

Janice: [Dismissively] It just is. So. What’ll you have today?

Lily: Do you happen to have a special today?

Janice: Yes, actually we do.. Please bring in a warm round of applause for Wienerlicious’ newest addition.. [Pulling out a giant poster from under the table] Our brand new… [flips poster around] DEATHDOG!!

Lily: That sounds pretty dangerous..

Janice: Obvious-- [Hesitating] I mean, of course it isn’t! We would NEVER try and kill a customer!

Lauren: [Under her breath] Right….

Janice: Excuse me?

Lauren: Nothing. Just trying to decide what to eat.

Janice: Alright.

Janice: [In a deeper, more evil voice] Yes.. maybe I’ll get to finally sacrifice people! MUAHAHAHA!

Lauren: Umm… What is she doing..?

Janice: [Back to normal] Oh! Nothing! I was.. [nervous laugh] Practicing for a play I’m in.

Lily: Okay. I think I’ll have the water dog.

Janice: Okay, and for you, Miss?

Lauren: I think I’ll have the Galaxy Dog. I’m interested to see what galaxy would taste like.

Janice: Okay! That’ll be right out! [JANICE walks off stage]

Lily: Don’t you think there was something.. Off about her?

Lauren: Definitely. You don’t think she was trying to harm us, do you?

Lily: No, why would she want to?

Lauren: I don’t know, but I have a feeling that we should not eat the food we ordered quite yet.

Lily: It’ll be fine. There are a couple of other people here, so she wouldn’t dare hurt us while there are witnesses.

Lauren: You’re right. I’m just being paranoid.

[JANICE re-enters the stage with two hotdogs.]

Janice: Here you are! Your Galaxy dog, and your Water dog!

Lily: Thank you.

Lauren: We forgot we had somewhere to be… Do you have some to-go boxes?

Janice: Oh.. yeah. Let me get those..

[JANICE walks back to a counter with some to-go boxes and brings LAUREN and LILY a box.]

Janice: There you go.

Lily: We’ll be splitting the check.

Janice: Okay.

HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Scene 3:

[The scene opens with LAUREN and LILY walking into their hotel room, with LILY carrying their Wienerlicious to-go box. It’s raining outside. BILLY BOB and BOB are hanging out in the hotel room already when the girls walk in.]

Billy Bob: There you guys are! Bob and I have been waiting!

Bob: Yeah, what took so long?

Lily: There was a weird girl at the hot dog shop.

Lauren: She was a hot dog impersonator. We felt kinda creeped out, so we left. We didn’t even eat. We got our food, paid, and came back to the hotel.

Bob: Well, I’m glad you and Lily didn’t get back too late. Don’t forget we have to be up kinda early tomorrow to get to the airport.

Lily: I’m so excited! I can’t wait to get married!

Billy Bob: I know you are, Lily. I am too. [They share a hug]

Lauren: Okay you two, I know you are excited for your wedding, but why did you choose to do it in Australia? It’s so far away!

[LILY and BILLY BOB look at eat other and look back at LAUREN and shrug.]

Lily: Because I’ve kinda always wanted to see Australia, and this is the perfect chance.  We’re gonna get married by the Sydney Opera House, and it will be the best wedding I could have asked for! Oh, and it is by the water, which kinda suits me.

Lauren: And where are you guys planning to go for your honeymoon?

[LAUREN has a big smile on her face and she is practically shaking with excitement]

Billy Bob and Lily: [With enthusiasm] Walmart!

[LAUREN and BOB are speechless]

Bob: I must have heard you guys wrong. I heard you say Walmart..

Billy Bob: Nope, that’s right.

[LAUREN’S jaw drops]

Lauren: Oh honey, no. Why would you want to go to Walmart for your honeymoon?

Lily: Well, I’ve never been to Walmart before. We don’t have those in the ocean. We only have Sand-Mart.

[LAUREN is very confused]

Billy Bob: [stretching] Well, we had better get some rest. We’ve got a long day ahead of us.

HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Okay, I changed my mind, I'l post what I have of scene 4 down. :D Enjoy!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Scene 4:

[The scene is set in BILLY BOB and LILY’s hotel room. Both people are in separate beds. LILY is tossing and turning in her bed.]

Lily: [still asleep and tossing and turning in bed] No, please.. STOP! [As she wakes up, she sits up very quickly with a look of immense fear on her face.]

[LILY looks over at the window and she sees JANICE standing there watching her through the window. LILY screams and pulls the covers over her head. After a few moments, she peeks out of the sheets and JANICE is gone. She quickly climbs out of bed and walks over to the window and closes the curtains.]

HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • I'd like to make note that my friends helped me write this... well.. kinda. They helped create the characters. We made these three characters, (Lauren, Lily, and Janice) in our college drama class. I decided to write a play about it. Lauren is my character, and Janice and Lily belong to two of my friends. :D
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • awesome I love your play I can't to see it turned into a movie or play on board way.