My Space Buns Idea

edited February 2019 in General
Ok so i notice on another post 
some of ya'll want it to be non exclusive or outside of this membership.
and The others i talk to about it.. we don't really agree with it ;(
the reason why is because we paid for that ghost dragon memberships. 
if my space buns idea was meant for that ghost dragon membership.
It should stay in that membership only not outside.
And not only that as I who suggested it i not really taking this in  happily seeing my idea  and the girls who actually brought the ghost dragon membership who wanted the space buns which they not only me  but they also worked so hard for to get made are not fond of that not membership exclusive idea. 

we love that ya'll want it in and more colors like i posted in the vfk developer ideas discussions under the ghost dragon idea  which is on the first page and in natural colors. but please don't try to get it outside and not membership exclusive. that makes it seem like for those who brought it that we wasted our money. 

Comments

• @maracita since you can't find this lol
  • I agree with you angelwaterfairy.  I know I have bought memberships I originally passed on in order to have just one item.  Of course I would like to save money and have all the popular membership items free, but that defeats VFK's purpose to raise funds. I just weigh the cost of the membership to how much time I spend on the game. It's worth the money then.
  • I’m not going to speak for anyone else, and by right, people are entitled to feel however they want on the issue. Apart from that being said, I would like to see the buns stay exclusively within the Ghost Dragon Membership. If the cost of the membership was less, maybe I’d feel differently. However, since the Ghost Dragon Membership is six months long and the most expensive one out of the Halloween memberships, I believe the item ideas shouldn’t be duplicated for the people outside the membership.

Hopefully there can be some kind of compromise!

snip_20190608133859
    A big thank you to @purrfect for drawing my wonderful signature!
  • edited February 2019
    angelwaterfairy said:

And not only that as I who suggested it i not really taking this in  happily seeing my idea  and the girls who actually brought the ghost dragon membership who wanted the space buns which they not only me  but they also worked so hard for to get made are not fond of that not membership exclusive idea. 

we love that ya'll want it in and more colors like i posted in the vfk developer ideas discussions under the ghost dragon idea  which is on the first page and in natural colors. but please don't try to get it outside and not membership exclusive. that makes it seem like for those who brought it that we wasted our money. 

Hold on. I suggested these buns in APRIL!!  It's on my hairstyles thread !Long before Ghost dragons were even an item (Halloween) so I take offense to you claiming they are your idea at all.
     I will accept that 'perhaps' you didn't see the post but taking someone's idea and adding  one tiny twist like changing the color does not make it yours. Sorry nope. 

That being said, I do agree that membership items should not be made available outside the memberships but VFK could certainly do something similar. I suggested adding long hair and they could make them in different colors outside of the membership (hopefully someone does try to claim that idea as their own too). Not everyone can afford the memberships so  making something similar would be nice for them. Not to mention I would love another version myself.

• I definitely Agree, I love hair styles but member specific hairs shouldn't get released outside of the membership!

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• edited February 2019
    goldenpuppy said:

I definitely Agree, I love hair styles but member specific hairs shouldn't get released outside of the membership!

You can't really blame people for wanting them though - they are so adorable. However,  VFK never released items from memberships outside the membership bundles so there is no reason to believe they will now. 
  • edited February 2019
    Fonna said:

angelwaterfairy said:

Hold on. I suggested these buns in APRIL!!  It's on my hairstyles thread !Long before Ghost dragons were even an item (Halloween) so I take offense to you claiming they are your idea at all.
     I will accept that 'perhaps' you didn't see the post but taking someone's idea and adding  one tiny twist like changing the color does not make it yours. Sorry nope. 

That being said, I do agree that membership items should not be made available outside the memberships but VFK could certainly do something similar. I suggested adding long hair and they could make them in different colors outside of the membership (hopefully someone does try to claim that idea as their own too). Not everyone can afford the memberships so  making something similar would be nice for them. Not to mention I would love another version myself.

fonna what are you talking about? your and mine space buns are slightly different especially when you compare your buns and compare mine side by side to yours and the buns that were actually released plus if you look closely you can tell the dfference. also i wasn't even on in the year before last and i honestly don't understand why are you work up for? but moving on.

• edited February 2019
    Really? OK move on. But try not to move on to someone else's ideas and call them your own. @angelwaterfairy  (thats April 2018 btw)
    copycat
  • Since this is a hair style and the reference pictures are from the internet hasn't the idea been out there for some time?  I think it's wonderful the hair got made and you should both take credit for it!  I think there is definitely enough room in the spot light! :)

I think you should both feel it's all your own idea and that you had it separately and you can both share the joy it's creating in VFK!  BRAVO on the ideas guys! 
    =D> :-bd =D> \:D/ :-bd =D>

I hope to see many more colors in it because it's AWESOME!!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • @MistyMew, yeah, you're right.
  • I still think there should be AT LEAST a different variation for space bun hair. You guys didn't just throw your money out there to get the space buns. We all never knew there would be space buns in the membership in the first place. Absolutely makes no sense. Now, if they decided to continue this style, then okay cool I get it; it'll be like any other dragon membership. However, I guess you can't be crossed or disagree with other people WHO WOULD LIKE LESS EXCLUSIVE SPACE BUNS. We're not all rich sorry. As for giving them funds, the few selective people are not the only ones giving them funds, there are absolutely plenty of other people who buy more than one membership per membership. 

I do not care who came up with what first; I just want to be able to get space buns without feeling people need to spend a dime on them. I get things should be exclusive because we spent money on them but again: We didn't know. 
    art-starbucks 
  • I am an advocate for members having exclusive items. I believe since members pay to keep the game going, they deserve to be awarded for the amount of money they spend. I think if people want the space buns so badly, they could easily trade for them. The ghost dragon membership costed the most out of the three and should have the best items by proxy. I think the buns are cute, and would love to have them in more colours; but I also prefer not to get too many repeats of the same style. I love having original hairs. I think if you are someone who couldn't afford the membership, you will still have an opportunity to get any new hair styles that come out in the future. 
    cutelina
  • Space buns have been a hairstyle for years, so I don’t think it’s that hard to think someone else might’ve had the same idea of adding it to the game. I’m sure more people suggested it that we haven’t even seen, probably on devblog. That being said, I don’t even have the membership, but I agree they should stay exclusive to that membership as I know what it’s like to have a paid membership and want the exclusivity of it. But it would be nice to see more similar hairstyles, like the hair half down with space buns on top, as another member hairstyle that can be bought in gold stamps or something. I don’t see them making any non member hair like this.
  • edited February 2019
    I second the idea that non-ghost dragon members should get a different variation :) I understand that people want the hairs to be membership-exclusive, but so many people have been part of the Hairstyles Post, suggesting beautiful and creative hairstyles - and not all of them are member. I don't believe we should get the EXACT same hairstyle, but if a non-member player saw their hairstyle released, and then become unavailable to them, that would be really upsetting. Anyway, that's just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to keep theirs, too!  
    :-bd
    Edit - I just realized it sounded like I was saying non-members should get free hair - what I meant by this is that we should have a compromise, like gold stamps or the members section!
  • I'm on the side of having them stay exclusive.  VFK gives so many things away for free, pretty much 90% of the game is available to non paying members, and I totally get if you can't afford to support the game but for the people who do, they should get something special.  They are paying real money after all.

So far the only items that are exclusively for members are pets and ride able animals, even hairs get released for everyone on occasion like the game outfits.  I ask that vfk keep some things special and I'm so glad they are releasing so many hairs in the most recent membership!

I do agree that more hairs can be released under gold stamps and members only sections though!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• edited February 2019
    As a player who doesn't have Ghost Dragon membership I'm ok with the hairs staying inside the Ghost Dragon. Unique hairs should stay inside where they have been originally released. If VFK release them outside, it should be their autonomous decision and shouldn't be forced by players just because they didn't know a cute hair would be released. Well the point was we all didn't know but it doesn't mean you have the right to demand something to be mass distributed because you learned later on that something cute has been released which was exclusively for members that went out their way to purchase something that is supposed to be a surprise.

But then again the tricky part where everybody is suggesting hairstyles should also be considered in this equation because now sometimes it's not even a surprise anymore. Or the fact we can always suggest here now. 

This didn't happen in 2016 dragon hairs when everyone went ballistic for the hairs. Again because I think the message boards weren't as active as it is now.

VFK is a constantly developing, item releasing, gather and create game where weekly we get different items in different categories. If they make non-member hairs so be it but to force them to create a copy from a membership is a different issue. I believe some hairs should stay exclusive as exclusively as they were released. 

I would be glad to see some hairs in Gold Stamps that's true but I don't want to take away the joy of having exclusive items.

I made a quote in my mind, "It's as exclusive as exclusive can get." :)

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • angelwaterfairy said:

Fonna said:

angelwaterfairy said:

prettyredstone said:

I still think there should be AT LEAST a different variation for space bun hair. You guys didn't just throw your money out there to get the space buns. We all never knew there would be space buns in the membership in the first place. Absolutely makes no sense. Now, if they decided to continue this style, then okay cool I get it; it'll be like any other dragon membership. However, I guess you can't be crossed or disagree with other people WHO WOULD LIKE LESS EXCLUSIVE SPACE BUNS. We're not all rich sorry. As for giving them funds, the few selective people are not the only ones giving them funds, there are absolutely plenty of other people who buy more than one membership per membership. 

I do not care who came up with what first; I just want to be able to get space buns without feeling people need to spend a dime on them. I get things should be exclusive because we spent money on them but again: We didn't know.

You can trade for them red.. and it's not really going to be easy
    GiftPrincess said:

As a player who doesn't have Ghost Dragon membership I'm ok with the hairs staying inside the Ghost Dragon. Unique hairs should stay inside where they have been originally released. If VFK release them outside, it should be their autonomous decision and shouldn't be forced by players just because they didn't know a cute hair would be released. Well the point was we all didn't know but it doesn't mean you have the right to demand something to be mass distributed because you learned later on that something cute has been released which was exclusively for members that went out their way to purchase something that is supposed to be a surprise.

But then again the tricky part where everybody is suggesting hairstyles should also be considered in this equation because now sometimes it's not even a surprise anymore. Or the fact we can always suggest here now. 

This didn't happen in 2016 dragon hairs when everyone went ballistic for the hairs. Again because I think the message boards weren't as active as it is now.

VFK is a constantly developing, item releasing, gather and create game where weekly we get different items in different categories. If they make non-member hairs so be it but to force them to create a copy from a membership is a different issue. I believe some hairs should stay exclusive as exclusively as they were released. 

I would be glad to see some hairs in Gold Stamps that's true but I don't want to take away the joy of having exclusive items.

I made a quote in my mind, "It's as exclusive as exclusive can get." :)

yeah i'm with u on that.
  • That's not the point angel. I know we can trade for them, I have them. The point is people with memberships are not entitled to anything to be exclusive just because you paid for it. 

Again, no one even knew space buns would be in the membership at all.
    art-starbucks 
  • edited February 2019
    prettyredstone said:

That's not the point angel. I know we can trade for them, I have them. The point is people with memberships are not entitled to anything to be exclusive just because you paid for it. 

Again, no one even knew space buns would be in the membership at all.

if you paid for a membership or memberships the items in there are automatically exclusive. you wouldn't  want the exclusive items that the members paid or you paid for to be buyable in the shops on vfk would you? that seems unfair to me. . Also you mention you wanted  the space buns without paying for it and you're aware of trading. not to mention you have the space buns...so.. also trading for it isn't going to be easy but hey you got your space buns did you not? to add onto that the memberships exclusive items are tradeable to non-members. also since members aren't entitled to anything i guess members aren't entitled to pay stamps for a golden ticket to get into the antique shop, i guess members aren't entitled to get the perks that comes with what they paid for? i guess they're not entitled to the stuff in the icetastic catalog thats for free or some of the free items in the gold stamps catalog that comes with specific memberships. since members aren't entitled to anything.then members aren't entitled to get you anything out of the gold stamps catalog including the holidays ones, antique shop nor trade the stuff they brought in the antique shop, and they're aren't entitled to give you the free stuff they get when they visits particular maps and stores in vfk that they get when they purchase a membership or more also they're not entitled to let you ride their mounts. so for the  non-members wise or someone who don’t have enough stamps, or wasn’t able to get it. you messed up with the members aren't entitled wise. if they do trade something that deals with what i mention or do give you something be grateful. since like you said, " people with memberships are not entitled to anything to be exclusive just because you paid for it." 
  • That isn't true @prettyredstone, I think people are entitled to good things if they pay for them!  just because someone doesn't know what will be in the surprise bundle doesn't mean they didn't buy the membership expecting there 'would' be.  would anyone buy a membership not expecting there to be something nice in it?! it doesn't make sense!

Why bother paying if vfk would just give everything away to people who dont pay?!?!

If I bought a burger i dont expect someone to walk in and get a burger for free and yes if i bought a more expensive membership i would expect specialty items for paying more money, it just makes sense you get what you pay for
    ~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~
  • NeonHearts said:

That isn't true @prettyredstone, I think people are entitled to good things if they pay for them!  just because someone doesn't know what will be in the surprise bundle doesn't mean they didn't buy the membership expecting there 'would' be.  would anyone buy a membership not expecting there to be something nice in it?! it doesn't make sense!

Why bother paying if vfk would just give everything away to people who dont pay?!?!

If I bought a burger i dont expect someone to walk in and get a burger for free and yes if i bought a more expensive membership i would expect specialty items for paying more money, it just makes sense you get what you pay for
    Also to piggy back onto what neonhearts said that’s bad business.... that’s people money and job. That’s how the staff get paid.. that’s how they’re still able to run vfk. Also you wouldn’t want someone to get the free stuff that you work so hard for to only get handed out for free to somebody that didn’t work so hard. Nor you wouldn’t want the stuff you paid for to be free to others. Things have to balance out.
    @prettyredstone

• I dont believed i messed up anywhere. This is quite annoying. You guys can do whatever with your money, awesome, cool idc? But you guys are just giving a vibe of "im better than you because of this and youre not allowed to have it because we paid a lot for it". That snobby attitude. What is so wrong with having variations? What is so wrong with wanting non exclusive stuff? Free is just as good as exclusive but no one asked for this to be exclusive. Yeah i may have it and the others can trade for it but itll get harder like any other bundle. Im not too fond of it because of the style, which is why we need and/or want variations. You just cant take that away from someone just because you decided to spend more money. VFK is going to get their money regardless and everyone knows it. If the person wants to buy the membetship now because of the buns, then okay!!! Cool!!!! But is it so wrong to have non exclusive stuff to be cute too or be similar?
    art-starbucks 
  • vfk releases lots of cute non-member stuff the new umbrella is adorable and it was free!

It's not a snobby attitude to pay for something exclusive and to receive something exclusive it's getting what you pay for.  Hairs have always been pretty exclusive and nobody knows what people will really like, you said yourself that your not fond of the hair, people could have equally said they hated the hair instead of liking it, it just turned out people liked this hair and so now it's bad they have it?!

Why would it make non-members happy for members to get lame stuff?  I'm a non-member a lot of the time and I never think badly of a member or think they are snobby for wanting nice things for being a member.  I think they are awesome for paying when I can't, which lot of the time I can't and when I can afford a membership, I want to be as special as possible because I had to save my money to spend it on a membership.

~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~
  • NeonHearts said:

vfk releases lots of cute non-member stuff the new umbrella is adorable and it was free!

It's not a snobby attitude to pay for something exclusive and to receive something exclusive it's getting what you pay for.  Hairs have always been pretty exclusive and nobody knows what people will really like, you said yourself that your not fond of the hair, people could have equally said they hated the hair instead of liking it, it just turned out people liked this hair and so now it's bad they have it?!

Why would it make non-members happy for members to get lame stuff?  I'm a non-member a lot of the time and I never think badly of a member or think they are snobby for wanting nice things for being a member.  I think they are awesome for paying when I can't, which lot of the time I can't and when I can afford a membership, I want to be as special as possible because I had to save my money to spend it on a membership.

Im literally a non-member majority of the time and i do not think badly of them either. Its only when they feel like this certain things should stay exclusive. Again, why cant we have variations? I do not hate this style but many others wouldnt mind having the other either? Even being a member right now, i dont think EVERYTHING should be exclusive. Clothes i understand. Members get better colors and ok cool, its been that way for years. There are exlusive things for the antique shop and thats totally fine but variations are great too. Those halloween hairs? Amazing. But do you know how many pony tail styles we have???? Lol. Short hair variations??? Its not that hard to understand and accept honestly. I get you want to keep things exclusive but it still seems youre not understanding my question i keep asking.
    Also i would not mind another style of space buns in the gold stamp shop. Its a compromise in my opnion.
    art-starbucks 
  • At the end of the day, it’s up to staff. It doesn’t matter how much we whine about it. Everybody is entitled to feel the way they do, there is no right or wrong answer.

snip_20190608133859
  • edited February 2019
    Keywords:I, and non-member majority of the time .
    Basically mostly every exclusive items and stuff we get with certain memberships is a compromise because it’s tradebale to non-members who memberships expired, people who are a member and didn’t get the particular membership , or can’t afford it . So I don’t get mad when some stuff are non-tradeable if I understand why they do it same thing with stuff being exclusive , plus like I said balance... they got to make some stuff non-tradebale anyways so yeah . Also if I go back to the vfkers posting the bundles for Halloween memberships. Also red you said,“I want both a natural red space bun and a fiery space bun so badly.....” For someone who don’t like the hairstyle-February 7th you sure do want it in different colors of red which I find ironic :) especially with “I do not hate this style.”- feb 7 after neonhearts comment. So...

not only that if you know members get better items... then you understand why clothes and etc are exclusive then what was the point of everything you stated is it because you still want to get stuff when you’re not a full member despite having to trade for the items that the memberships get which is not going to be easy for sure ? Is it because you just want hairs in general which has always been a member thing with exceptions of the gold stamps hair majority of time especially during Halloween is tradeable to non-members, the costumes count also since they generally have hair,and the hairs from antique shop (pretty sure they’re tradeable to non-members unless someone want to test it )yeah... last time I check you had one or two of the treasurer hunter hair?... so... like everyone is saying.. what’s your point? All I see is me and I. I’m getting the vibe you want the easy way out when it comes to getting the items in particular memberships that you want dealing with trading. Also i’m Guessing you may or may not have what the people are looking for trading.. which you can’t doing nothing about because it’s up to them to trade their items for your items. In sum of all it’s mostly about the hairs dealing with membership she wants it to be not exclusive basically so it can be easier to get and trade for from how I see it. Not to mention as I someone who has to trade for the items I want knowing it’s not easy feels like a slap to face that you want to take the easy way out to get things. Do you know how much trading not just non-trading but members trade to for the items they want also? We even over offer sometimes for the stuff we want dealing with both members and non-members. Or we go off how we value it etc. So yeah like we all know trading isn’t easy. It isn’t just hard for non-members it’s just as hard for members trading other members for stuff they want or non-members which all depends on what they’re looking for and that’s where you having your own issues of trading at ,but everybody does to..

So that being said... Thank you, next.

• sugarandcoffee said:

yup at the end of the day it’s up to the staffies.

Welp i’ve Done made my points so i’m Done :) i can’t force anyone to understand what i’m Trying to point out , say , or prove and that’s fine with me because I learnt that when growing up. It goes the same thing with what people say not everyone is going to like what you say, what you do, not everyone is going to like you as a person, or how you think.

• I play a lot of games similar to vfk, and honestly when it comes to how this game handles benefits given to non members/ members this one is probably one of the most generous in that department, Most games I played that are like this don't give nearly as many great items for free to non members. Usually members are given entire sections unlocked to them when they buy a membership. This game doesn't do that, almost every feature is available to you as soon as you join. There are very few things in the game I would consider exclusive to members and only members. Most of the member items are trade able to non members and the only thing that really stops a non member from getting those items is either buy convincing a member to help them get those items or by trading for them. Trading for member items is hard, but not impossible it just requires more effort on the end of the non member. I'm honesty surprised members don't get more exclusive stuff because in most other games they would. I'm glad vfk is so fair to it's players because in most cases games with a playing membership are not this fair. 
    cutelina
  • edited February 2019
    I can literally go and post and compare variations of hair we have from member to non-member... you're avoiding my point. It's not an easy way out. It's being fair. I'm still getting this snobby vibe from you. Just because you and others have a membership, doesn't mean you're better than everyone. Doesn't mean you can withhold items; that's up to staff. I could trade off these space buns but no one has what I want. And I will trade off these space buns when there is another style.  It's a full circle of trading and it sucks. Those treasure hairs? Member only sure but they were hard to trade off because either 1. no one can literally get it because they're not a member or 2. they have it already. At some point we will get a variation of the buns. We are not demanding it now, but at least some time.

Is that so wrong?

And don't have an attitude with me, k thanks :)

edit: can't change your mind either but at least have an open mind about this. (Been here for 10 years, things change).
    art-starbucks 
  • Guys, there’s no need to get defensive or have an attitude with one another. People agree to disagree, and that’s okay. However, if you continue, staff will probably close this thread like they did with the old ghost dragon thread suggestions.

snip_20190608133859
This discussion has been closed.