Autumn & Halloween Suggestion Masterpost [Costumes, Fall Fashions, & More!]

edited November 2018 in VFK Developer Ideas!
*edit 09/05: added Halloween Contest medals ideas! credit to @iStella *
*edit 09/05: added Crayon costume idea! credit to @FracturedMemories and @GiftPrincess *

Happy September everybody! Today is the first day of September which, according to @VFK_Mintie , marks the very first day of Halloween. Therefore, I thought today would be the perfect day to post this thread.

Please note, I tried to add spoilers but they wouldn't work!

I just want to preface this by saying: I know it's not likely that ALL of these ideas will be made, but I thought it would be a fun idea to throw all of my ideas out in one giant Masterpost! I'd also like to take this opportunity to invite anybody with any Autumn and/or Halloween-related ideas to leave them in the replies! Without further ado...

Costumes

Care Bear Sweaters & Headbands!

I've been suggesting Care Bear costumes for a couple of years, but this year I decided to try to show my vision through some photo edits. [I am no professional, I know they're not great but you get the idea lol]

purplecarebearpinkcarebearyellowcarebeargreencarebearbluecarebear

The Little Mermaid!

Land Costumes:

Princess Ariel's blue land dress & Prince Eric for boys!

littlemermaidcostumes

Sea Costumes:

Since we have a couple of Fairy costumes already [Tinkerbell, Primrose], I think it would cool to have some Mermaid Costumes

Ariel for girls and King Triton for boys!

mermaidcostumes

Bonus: This is a little extra but I thought I would throw it in: My favourite princess dress is the sparkly purple dress that Ariel wears as she walks onto land and I would LOVE to see it in-game if possible. Also, Prince Eric's casual outfit for boys.

arielpurpledressariel purple dress gifprinceeric

Jasmine and Aladdin!

Another princess out fit I've wanted for a long time is Jasmine, and while we have some genie costumes, they don't quite do her justice. I would love to see two versions of a Jasmine costume. Maybe one for members and one for non-members?

jasminegreen outfit
jasminepurple outfit

And for boys, Aladdin in his casual outfit and his fancy outfit. I also think it would be cool if boys had a monkey accessory that they could wear on their shoulder [perhaps under "Jackets"].

aladdinaladdin fancy

Winnie the Pooh!

Pooh Bear, Christopher Robin [with a carry-able balloon for BOTH boys and girls would be adorable], Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore

winniethepoohcostumes

Toy Story!

Woody and Buzz for boys, Jessie and Bo Peep for girls!

toystorycostumes

Toy Story Barbie & Ken costumes!

barbieandkencostumes

Animal Crossing!

We have some great Nintendo-inspired costumes [Mario, Zelda, Pokemon] and to continue this, I would love to see MY personal favourite Nintendo game combined with VFK: Animal Crossing!

I'd love to see these classic outfits made:

animalcrossingcostumes

Along with another classic aspect of the game: a hold-able shovel, net and fishing rod! [for both boys and girls]

animalcrossingholdables

Kim Possible & Ron Stoppable!

kimpossiblecostumes

And from the same series, the villains: Dr. Drakken and Shego.

kimpossiblevillains

The Incredibles!

Since the suits look the same on each character, we can have one suit per gender and then 2 wigs per gender?

incrediblescostumes

Boys could also have Frozone:

frozone

Rainbow Brite!

I've been requesting Rainbow Brite for a couple years! It would also be cute for the puppies/kitties to get a Sprite costume!

rainbowbritecostumesrainbowbritecostumes2

Lilo and Stitch!

I would love these more casual costumes! David, Nani, and Lilo, and then a Stitch costume for pets! David & Nani's outfits are pretty basic but it would be a nice switch up since we often have many intricate costumes.

lilostitchcostumes

Another really interesting addition to this costume could be hold-able surfboards! [For both boys and girls]

holdablesurfboards

Oriental Outfits - Mulan Inspired!

mulancostumes

Chefs!

I came to the realization that we have no Chef outfits on VFK! [Please give us a chef's hat for both boys and girls]

chef costume

Peter Pan & Wendy!

Also a Nana bonnet for puppies would be the cutest thing in the world.

peterpancostumes

Bellhops & Maids!

bellhopmaid

Sonic the Hedgehog!

soniccostumes
soniccostumes2

Crayon Costumes!

@FracturedMemories came up with a very creative idea for Crayon Costumes! His idea:

"Just another idea to throw out there, but I would LOVE to see crayon outfits!  Crayon outfits could be in all of the colors of the rainbow.  The rainbow as we all know is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.  I also think that everyone should be able to buy all of the colors! The hats could be the crayon points, and the body could just be a simple cylinder that has the color written on it in the traditional crayon font!  

It's a simple but cute idea!"

To which @GiftPrincess added the very smart idea of making these costumes craft-able so that we could make any color we desire:

"That's cute!

I'm seeing this as a craft-worthy idea. "

crayoncostumes

Eras!

I would LOVE to see some generational costumes!! 

60s [Hippies, Gogo Dancers, etc.]

60scostume

70s [Bell bottoms, etc.]

70scostumes

80s [Rockstars (with carry-able electric guitars!), bold colors, etc.]

80s costumes

Please can we have SCRUNCHIE hair ties as bracelets !!!!

scrunchies

90s [tie-dye, baggy shirts, baggy jeans, grunge, butterfly hair clips, choker necklaces]

90scostumes

Updated Ghost Costumes!

It would be cool to have new ghost costumes inspired by the Glowing Ghost HOST items: green, purple, and orange.

glowingghostcostumes

*NEW* Weekend Wear

The item I probably want the most on this entire thread and something my friends have been wanting for a LONG time is basic Sweatpants and Hoodies in the colors White, Light Grey, and Black. Many of us have also expressed our want for a "hoodie up/hoodie down" option on the shirts we already have that have hoods on the back. However, I understand how that could be tricky to do, so I came up with a possible solution:

Two different pullovers per color and two different zip-ups per color. One pullover/zip-up with the hood down at the back, and the second pullover/zip-up with no hood at all. The second version would have no hood because the hood would be separated under the "Hats" tab. It's not the easiest thing to explain in words so I made some reference pictures to get my point across.

Pullover #1 - Hood down [One piece, under "Shirts" tab]

pulloverhooddown

Pullover #2 - Hood up [Two pieces, base under "Shirts" tab & hood under "Hats" tab]

pulloverhoodup

Zip-Up #1 - Hood down [One piece, under "Jackets" tab]

hoodie

Zip-Up #2 - Hood up [Two pieces, base under "Jackets" tab & hood under "Hats" tab]
I think you get the idea and I'm too lazy to edit another picture.

We would really love to have both pullovers and zip-ups. I think adding these basics would fill in a lot of holes in our wardrobes. 

Here is what the new Weekend Wear could look like in the Gold Stamps booklet: 

hoodiessweatsgoldstamppage

From left to right: Sweatpants; Hooded Pullover; Hoodless Pullover; Hood; Hooded Zip-Up; Hoodless Zip-Up
*NOTE* If this idea is made, please make the zip-ups unzipped like I edited in my example picture. I couldn't find any decent pictures on google of unzipped hoodies which explains why the ones I used in the above photo are zipped. 
IRL examples of New Weekend Wear:
irlnewweekendwearP.S. The sweater I used to create the hoodie edits is the "Winter Sweater 2012 - White - Girl" (pictured below). It was the perfect size and fit to properly represent my vision so that would be a good place to start @ VFK Staff ;)

whitewintersweater

Fall Fashions

I LOVE Fall Fashions Saturday Morning Surprises! They've been a hit in previous years so continuing the tradition only makes sense. I have put together a few outfits that I would love to see in-game. These outfits consist of common Autumn wardrobe staples that I feel we are lacking on VFK.

Girl Release - I [3 color options]

-over-sized/boyfriend-style jeans
-fitted turtleneck long-sleeved shirts
-canvas sneakers
-over-sized/boyfriend-style denim jackets

fallfashionsgirls1

Girl Release - II [3 color options]

-high-waist jeans
-cable knit sweaters
-cashmere scarves 
-combat boots

fallfashionsgirls2

As for boys, I have had a lot of my guy friends tell me that they feel like they are missing out on cute, fashionable clothing and that they find that girls "get all the good stuff." So, with the help of two of my guy friends, (special thanks to @FracturedMemories and @Zanze) we have come up with two ideal releases of Fall Fashions for the boys!

Boy Release - I [3 color options]

-long sleeve henleys
-distressed, cuffed ankle jeans
-boots
-puffer vests

fallfashionsboys1

Boy Release - II [3 options]

-v-neck tees
-khaki joggers
-bomber jackets
-high-fashion sneakers

fallfashionsboys2

@Zanze made an example to show how he would like the V-neck tee shirts to fit:

boyvneck

Girl and Boy Release - III - Halloween Pajamas!

We have Easter pajamas, Christmas pajamas, even St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day outfits that look like pajamas, but we don't have any Halloween Pajamas! I put together some cute inspiration:

halloweenpajamas

Halloween Furniture Exchange

A Vintage Hotel theme for the Halloween Furniture Exchange this year would be so cool! I've gathered some examples below:

commonexchangeuncommonexchangerareexchangeultrarareexchange

Halloween Pins

My favorite lamp on VFK is the Halloween Blue Moon lamp, pictured below: 

bluemoonlamps

The design on this lamp is way too beautiful for it to be just a lamp, which is why I am requesting for it to be made into a Blue Moon Pin:

bluemoonpin

This pin, if made, would be the prettiest pin ever. I imagine it could be animated to give off a slight blue glow. Please VFK!!! This would be a great addition to the maze this Halloween season.

This year we are celebrating VFK's 10th Year Anniversary where we commemorate all things VFK, and one of the staple items I think of when I think about Halloween on VFK is our annual Flickering Pumpkins. This Halloween, I think it would be cool to use a classic VFK tradition [Flickering Pumpkins] and combine it with another key element [HOST pins] and make the Flickering Pumpkin Patch Pin:

flickeringpumpkinpatchpin

This is a very rough mock-up I made, but I would love to see what the VFK Developers could do with this idea! @Zanze also came up with an alternative idea: Rolling Flickering Pumpkin Pin where the base of the pin has the same backdrop as the above picture, but each Flickering Pumpkin rolls out in order of release.

Halloween Pets

We have a bunch of regular puppies, and we have a black kitty... so why not a Black Puppy! I am the owner of a black puppy irl and I've wanted a virtual one to match for quite a while now, and I think Halloween would be the perfect time to get one! Please ignore the horrible edit skills lol.

blackpuppypin

Also I've seen other players mention that an Owl Pet would be cool and quite fitting for Halloween as well.

*New* Crafting Items

Unbuttoned Flannels!

Last Autumn we got a couple buy-able flannel shirts (buttoned up), but I'd love to have some more options. Boys already have a couple similar options, however they are under the "Shirts" tab and are quite form-fitting. This time it would be cool to have unbuttoned flannels under the "Jackets" tab, so that we can wear any shirt underneath it, and it would be nice if they had a looser, more over-sized look. I think it would be great to be able to craft these so that we can make any color we want!

Some craft color examples:

flannelexampls 

Hold-able Umbrellas!

With the autumn season comes cooler weather which oftentimes means rain, I thought it would be cool to have hold-able Umbrellas! I thought two designs could be released to crafting: Gingham and Solid.

holdableumbrellas

Denim Jackets!

One design, 4 pre-made dye combinations: White, Light-Wash Denim, Dark-Wash Denim, and Black.

craftdenimjackets

Halloween Contest Medal 

I find that a lot of players (including myself) are a little bummed that we missed out on the original pumpkin medal because it is such a classic, timeless symbol of Halloween. Because of this, I took some inspiration from some of my favorite Halloween items and created a Pumpkin Witch Medal!
Thanks to @iStella for letting me know that a witch pumpkin medal already exists! 
Because of this I made new edits of a few other ideas for the Halloween contest medals :)

Crescent Moon:

CrescentMoonMedals
CrescentMoonMedalsAvatar

Ghost:

GhostMedals
GhostMedalsAvatar

Skull:

SkullMedalsSkullMedalsAvatar

@iStella thank you again for the suggestions!

Also, for the Contest Boutique I would love to see a Candy Corn Necklace !!!

CandyCornNecklace
(I think the band would look better in white or black but I was too lazy to edit the purple)

Miscellaneous Requests

-Completely black write-able signs  [great for building]

-Mannequins that sit & lay down when your rotate them [kind of like the dolls do, but ideally with two sitting options: sitting-on-the-ground form and sitting-in-a-chair form]

-Mannequins that can carry items

-The ability to put facial hair on boy mannequins

-Lights that flicker [maybe light bulbs?]

-Rain clouds [starts to rain when you rotate them]

-Active object clouds that shoot lightning when activated

Thanks for reading! Again, feel free to leave any ideas or suggestions in the replies. Happy Halloween!

Comments

• i love this post to pieces.

-i would love to have a animal crossing hair bow (i guess it can be buyable in all colors, like what we have for antique hairs, membership hairs)(but god forbid this be some kinda special thing cause i aint no member)
    -oh my god please staff we need halloween pajamas!!!
    -more halloween pins!!!!
    -HOODIES
    art-starbucks 
  • Honestly, everything about this post is A1!!!!!! 

@VFK_Enigma @VFK_Mintie @VFK_Cactus @VFK_Vintage can we PLEASE make some of this happen! Specifically the craftable stuff, the halloween pjs, and the hoodies and honestly, just all of it THANKS!!!!
  • edited September 2018
    prettyredstone said:

i love this post to pieces.

-i would love to have a animal crossing hair bow (i guess it can be buyable in all colors, like what we have for antique hairs, membership hairs)(but god forbid this be some kinda special thing cause i aint no member)
    -oh my god please staff we need halloween pajamas!!!
    -more halloween pins!!!!
    -HOODIES

THANKS I’m glad you agree !!! <3

<blockquote class="UserQuote">
    FracturedMemories said:

Honestly, everything about this post is A1!!!!!! 

@VFK_Enigma @VFK_Mintie @VFK_Cactus @VFK_Vintage can we PLEASE make some of this happen! Specifically the craftable stuff, the halloween pjs, and the hoodies and honestly, just all of it THANKS!!!!

THANKS BOO

• edited September 2018
    I am literally in love with EVERYTHING on this post, it brings alive what people are wanting and really looking for in VFK!! At the top of my list though are MOST DEFINITELY pullovers and hoodies!!<3 They have been wanted for YEARS and they are just as much of a staple for fall as sweaters, we get sweaters every year, give hoodies & pullovers the spotlight!! Zoe even came up with the perfect solution to making them easier!! @VFK STAFF ;) Aside from those thought, EVERYTHING in the post needs to be put into game!! From TRENDY girl and boy outfits that are very much needed to costumes of character we *ALL KNOW* and love!! I'm SO DOWN for a Black Puppy & different types of owls! Maybe even rats and spiders (maybe about the same size as hamsters) would be the PERFECT addition to our pets for Halloween! I am also IN LOVE with the Halloween exchange ideas, what is more SPOOKY AND FUN than a haunted hotel theme!?! Do I hear maybe a HAUNTED HOTEL EXCHANGE!!! AND LASTLY YES YES YES maybe a new pin on our 10th VFK Halloween that gives spotlight to the iconic annual flickering pumpkin!??!?! I LOVE THIS POST<3 VFK HEAR US!! @VFK_Bondi @VFK_Cactus @VFK_Enigma @VFK_Mintie @VFK_Nitro @VFK_Sky @VFK_Tazz @VFK
  • I have been asking for hoodies for years now!!
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • A lot of this stuff was already mentioned on the devblog 
    bd95c5fe7175cdaddea9d8be2191da8a_original
  • Zanze said:

I am literally in love with EVERYTHING on this post, it brings alive what people are wanting and really looking for in VFK!! At the top of my list though are MOST DEFINITELY pullovers and hoodies!!<3 They have been wanted for YEARS and they are just as much of a staple for fall as sweaters, we get sweaters every year, give hoodies & pullovers the spotlight!! Zoe even came up with the perfect solution to making them easier!! @VFK STAFF ;) Aside from those thought, EVERYTHING in the post needs to be put into game!! From TRENDY girl and boy outfits that are very much needed to costumes of character we *ALL KNOW* and love!! I'm SO DOWN for a Black Puppy & different types of owls! Maybe even rats and spiders (maybe about the same size as hamsters) would be the PERFECT addition to our pets for Halloween! I am also IN LOVE with the Halloween exchange ideas, what is more SPOOKY AND FUN than a haunted hotel theme!?! Do I hear maybe a HAUNTED HOTEL EXCHANGE!!! AND LASTLY YES YES YES maybe a new pin on our 10th VFK Halloween that gives spotlight to the iconic annual flickering pumpkin!??!?! I LOVE THIS POST<3 VFK HEAR US!! @VFK_Bondi @VFK_Cactus @VFK_Enigma @VFK_Mintie @VFK_Nitro @VFK_Sky @VFK_Tazz @VFK

<3

Holly said:

I have been asking for hoodies for years now!!

I know right!!!

CozyFallWitch said:

A lot of this stuff was already mentioned on the devblog 

And? I haven't been on the devblog since there were 3 comments on that thread lol
  • edited September 2018
    CozyFallWitch said:

That may be so, but this is a separate from the devblog!  I feel like theres more people who post here than on the devblog because this is more open to getting more opinions from others! 

That being said, because some of these things were posted on the devblog maybe we'll have more of a chance to get these things, @CozyFallWitch

Hope @Zoee has your support!!!! 
  • OMG! Zoee I support every halloween/non-halloween idea you posted on the discussion, but I especially love the "ultra rare exchange items" idea, with the chandelier and vintage hotel elevator teleporter. VFK does not currently have any chandeliers or elevator teleporters, and I feel like it would be a great addition to the game!
  • FracturedMemories said:

CozyFallWitch said:

That may be so, but this is a separate from the devblog!  I feel like theres more people who post here than on the devblog because this is more open to getting more opinions from others! 

That being said, because some of these things were posted on the devblog maybe we'll have more of a chance to get these things, @CozyFallWitch

I was just saying like a lot of the disney stuff. @Perpetual_Fighter mentioned the little mermaid in another post, I mentioned kim possible and peter pan. And a few others mentioned others things. 
  • Well I guess with everyone having the same ideas that should help us get the costumes we want 
  • edited September 2018
    CozyFallWitch said:

FracturedMemories said:

CozyFallWitch said:

I was just saying like a lot of the disney stuff. @Perpetual_Fighter mentioned the little mermaid in another post, I mentioned kim possible and peter pan. And a few others mentioned others things. 

A lot of us have the same wants. I came here to bring my wants to life with photos and my own personal edits. 
  • Strawberryicecream said:

OMG! Zoee I support every halloween/non-halloween idea you posted on the discussion, but I especially love the "ultra rare exchange items" idea, with the chandelier and vintage hotel elevator teleporter. VFK does not currently have any chandeliers or elevator teleporters, and I feel like it would be a great addition to the game!

Thank you so much! And I totally agree :)
  • can we make this all happen? lets introduce vfk to 2018 and not 2010
  • iamcat said:

can we make this all happen? lets introduce vfk to 2018 and not 2010

preach this truth! Out with the chipmunk glasses and bad sense of style, and in with the swag!
  • Love the hoodie, host pumpkin patch pin, WtP, and KP/Ron costume ideas!
    I reallllly hope vfk brings these to life!

• edited September 2018
    Thanks for the recognition sis LOL
  • I.Am.Chalk said:

Love the hoodie, host pumpkin patch pin, WtP, and KP/Ron costume ideas!
    Yes girl!

Perpetual_Fighter said:

?
  • Zoee said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

Yes girl!

Perpetual_Fighter said:

?
    I was speaking about Cozy, she was stating that some of these ideas were already posted by me and some others.
  • Perpetual_Fighter said:

Zoee said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

Yes girl!

Perpetual_Fighter said:

?
    I was speaking about Cozy, she was stating that some of these ideas were already posted by me and some others.

Didn't read your thread until now. Don't see any issues anywhere. It's clear lots of people have the same wants. 
  • Right... It’s just pointless to add some of the exact same ideas (regardless if popular or not) into a different thread.
  • edited September 2018
    Perpetual_Fighter said:

Right... It’s just pointless to add some of the exact same ideas (regardless if popular or not) into a different thread.

Please stop replying to my thread. It's clear you just want to find a problem in everything that I suggest.

It isn't pointless. The more people that express their want for something, the more likely that something will be added to the game. Besides, costumes are only a small portion of my original post. The main body of my post revolves around new Weekend Wear, new Fall Fashions, Halloween Pins, Pets, Halloween Furniture Exchange, new Craft-able items and other miscellaneous requests which are all completely unique and customized to MY ideas and MY visions.

This post is not all about Halloween costumes which, let's be real, EVERYBODY has been requesting for YEARS. These ideas are not new in the slightest, but every year they are requested brings a higher chance that the VFK Developers will listen to us. 

I see absolutely no problem with my post. This is a happy thread. Please keep it that way.
  • revolution!
  • edited September 2018
    :)
  • can shrek, donkey and princess fiona costumes be included too?!?
  • iamcat said:

can shrek, donkey and princess fiona costumes be included too?!?

omg yes! i thought about that last night but completely forgot to add that
  • I would love to have kim possible and little mermaid costumes in the game. From what I noticed is vfk will usually do costumes from at least one disney animated movie. Last year we got beauty and the best because that one was the most suggested. This year I hope we get the little mermaid because I seen that get suggested a lot thoughout the years. I hope if they do it they will use the se/land outfit idea and have the land outfit be for members and come with hair. I also expect them to do costumes from the most popular movies this year because they do that a lot too. I personally would love some adventure time costumes this year because it will be ending soon. Also characters like princess bubblegum and marceline have a lot of outfits to choose from. I also would love to have the pumpkin carriage from cinderella. I think that would be cool. 
    cutelina
  • cute_lina said:

I would love to have kim possible and little mermaid costumes in the game. From what I noticed is vfk will usually do costumes from at least one disney animated movie. Last year we got beauty and the best because that one was the most suggested. This year I hope we get the little mermaid because I seen that get suggested a lot thoughout the years. I hope if they do it they will use the se/land outfit idea and have the land outfit be for members and come with hair. I also expect them to do costumes from the most popular movies this year because they do that a lot too. I personally would love some adventure time costumes this year because it will be ending soon. Also characters like princess bubblegum and marceline have a lot of outfits to choose from. I also would love to have the pumpkin carriage from cinderella. I think that would be cool. 

Cute ideas!
  • Zoee said:

cute_lina said:

I would love to have kim possible and little mermaid costumes in the game. From what I noticed is vfk will usually do costumes from at least one disney animated movie. Last year we got beauty and the best because that one was the most suggested. This year I hope we get the little mermaid because I seen that get suggested a lot thoughout the years. I hope if they do it they will use the se/land outfit idea and have the land outfit be for members and come with hair. I also expect them to do costumes from the most popular movies this year because they do that a lot too. I personally would love some adventure time costumes this year because it will be ending soon. Also characters like princess bubblegum and marceline have a lot of outfits to choose from. I also would love to have the pumpkin carriage from cinderella. I think that would be cool. 

Cute ideas!
    Thank you, I like yours too. I could see the hoodies being made into a craft able pattern like they did with the overalls someone suggested.
    cutelina
  • So in love with the 90's! :D Keep it going Zoee!

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question