So Tide Pods... Teenagers' New Favorite...Snack?

edited January 2018 in General
So apparently, for some reason I cannot fathom, fellow friends and peers of mine are doing what we call, "The Tide Pod Challenge" Which, just the name itself is totally ridiculous. Sure, they may look pretty but do they taste pretty? No, not at all, unless you've got something wrong with your brain that causes you to think so. Was this ever even a good idea in the first place? No. Who started it? No idea but whoever it is, kind of needed to not. And finally, how many hospitalizations is it going to take for you to realize, "Hey wait, maybe we shouldn't eat these..." 

I don't know. But for stores to have to result to this:

Is kind of ridiculous...I mean, really? I'm a teenager too and doing dumb things is kind of in our nature but to not have enough common sense to know that this isn't something you should be doing... geez. And look, this is directed to my own friends as well who spend their free time jumping trains and considering things like this. 

And look:

Image result for tide pod memes

Image result for anti tide pod memes

And then there's this concept: How about instead of putting those toxins in your mouth, maybe put them in the washer instead, yeah? And if you still choose to eat one after that: At least you'll have clean clothes to bury yourself in.

"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• edited January 2018
    OMG Yes this is the stupidest thing ever!  I also just saw a newscast on this as well, so I guess it's getting to be a real problem!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• I know someone in my Government class who ate a Tide Pod but spat it out after it started leaking.. I have the video on my phone. :/
    R5LND5X3UQ4Y
  • Tide's not cheap. Really now? I could use that.
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• @Dahlia Well, yeah it probably tasted like I said, gross. And I guess the curiosity and stuff... but those who swallow all of it? You're just asking for death...as rude as that may sound. By the way this actually reminded me I had laundry-
  • frogiepower said:

@Dahlia Well, yeah it probably tasted like I said, gross. And I guess the curiosity and stuff... but those who swallow all of it? You're just asking for death...as rude as that may sound. By the way this actually reminded me I had laundry-

Stores around me had to lock up the tide pods because of this. Tragic.
    R5LND5X3UQ4Y
  •  Why would someone EAT that?  These "challenges" people do are just flat out senseless… I do not understand why anyone would eat something that's literally TOXIC!  What's the "challenge"?  Oh goodness - If anyone sees anyone doing this, STOP them and tell them there's no point in doing harm to their body.  
  • edited January 2018
    AHAhahahahahah that's classic, everyone swears so much these days and now they are washing their own mouths out with soap!  This is more of a challenge to see who is the most stupid... just saying
    tacocatPandaPicturepandahood
  • I mean, this is really stupid. I just don’t understand why people are less okay with this than people who drink constantly and do drugs. Because the latter Is socially acceptable because “oh they’re just a teen!” Yet eating soap is somehow worse. Hmm. Gives you something to think about our society.
  • @millsfan The challenge is to see who's strong enough to survive society's idiocy, apparently.
  • @Perpetual_Fighter Ah, I agree with you on that. One of my best freinds used to drinka nd the other smoke, and at the time they were only in 8th grade. I think I got through to them though because if they even think about it, they hear my nagging and get annoyed.
  • frogiepower said:

@Perpetual_Fighter Ah, I agree with you on that. One of my best freinds used to drinka nd the other smoke, and at the time they were only in 8th grade. I think I got through to them though because if they even think about it, they hear my nagging and get annoyed.

I used to have friends like that, but I didn't like that kind of influence in my life so I slowly dropped everyone around me who was into those unhealthy habits. I like to be surrounded by positive people with good intentions - not that those people are bad, but they often try to persuade you into doing it too or convince you that it's "fun" and "okay" to do. I'm glad you have gotten to your friends though! 
  • @Perpetual_Fighter Yeah, they can try to influence you but mine never did. I guess it was because of the stubbornness and the sharp-tongued responses when they first asked me lmbo. They kind of figured out they couldn't get me to do anything. Although, I have friends of all kinds. Positive, negative, etc
  • frogiepower said:

@Perpetual_Fighter Yeah, they can try to influence you but mine never did. I guess it was because of the stubbornness and the sharp-tongued responses when they first asked me lmbo. They kind of figured out they couldn't get me to do anything. Although, I have friends of all kinds. Positive, negative, etc

Im very hard-headed as well! But to me, the fact they wanted to sink me down to their low habits too was a red flag. In a way I felt like they didn’t really care about me and my health! You have a diverse friend group - that can be both good and bad. But if you get along with all and are happy then that’s great(:
  • @Perpetual_Fighter Sorry you had to deal with that. Do you have better friends now?
  • frogiepower said:

@Perpetual_Fighter Sorry you had to deal with that. Do you have better friends now?

Thank You, and yes. I keep my friend circle very small in order to prevent bad friendships.
  • I think some people would call this... natural selection.
  • @LadyNymeria Mhm. Darwin was right all along.