Halloween Competition

Halloween Competition has rolled around this year and I'm kind of panicking because now that I had a taste of what it's like to place, like I did for sandcastle, I'm determined to attempt to place in this competition too. I really, really want a medal and the trophies, mostly cause it's Halloween themed and I love Halloween. I know the competition will be challenging because more people enter for Halloween entries and are a lot more competitive. Problem is, I don't have a lot of ideas or inspiration. I'm thinking of doing a Nightmare before Christmas inspired theme but I'm nervous because I don't know if I'll do it justice or if someone will steal my idea now that I'm posting it, and do it better. Or that this is an overrated idea and I should scrap it? What do you guys think? Please, if you're willing to share, post pictures of your previous Halloween entries to give me inspiration or ideas. I won't steal your ideas, because that's horrible and unoriginal.

Thanks!

Comments

• Well, I have seen Nightmare Before Christmas theme done in previous Halloween contests. So if you going for uniqueness and different maybe some more brainstorming? Here are pictures of my previous Halloween contest rooms to help you get in the Halloween mood and for inspiration. I appreciate you saying you won't copy by the way! That means a lot! Anyway, 2 of these are rides and the other is just a room. This years contest is not a ride contest so make sure you don't try and make a ride. Also, on my rooms... I got third place rankings with the Pumpkin Farm Ride, second place rankings with the Cold Mountain Crypt Ride but didn't sadly didn't place with the Cryptic Castle of Doom room. Hope these pictures get your inspirational and artistic mind flowing! If you have any contest questions or want room building advice feel free to ask! Enjoy! :)

Pumpkin Farm of Peril
    The Creepy Barn
    Inside the Hay-stack
    Cold Mountian Crypt  (Cave II)
    Cold Moutain Crypt (Cave I)
    Cold Moutain Crypt (Ride)
    Cryptic Castle of Doom

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• waterfallglow said:

Well, I have seen Nightmare Before Christmas theme done in previous Halloween contests. So if you going for uniqueness and different maybe some more brainstorming? Here are pictures of my previous Halloween contest rooms to help you get in the Halloween mood and for inspiration. I appreciate you saying you won't copy by the way! That means a lot! Anyway, 2 of these are rides and the other is just a room. This years contest is not a ride contest so make sure you don't try and make a ride. Also, on my rooms... I got third place rankings with the Pumpkin Farm Ride, second place rankings with the Cold Mountain Crypt Ride but didn't sadly didn't place with the Cryptic Castle of Doom room. Hope these pictures get your inspirational and artistic mind flowing! If you have any contest questions or want room building advice feel free to ask! Enjoy! :)

Pumpkin Farm of Peril
    The Creepy Barn
    Inside the Hay-stack
    Cold Mountian Crypt  (Cave II)
    Cold Moutain Crypt (Cave I)
    Cold Moutain Crypt (Ride)
    Cryptic Castle of Doom

Thanks so much for sharing these with me, they're amazing and I can tell it took loads of work! I actually LOVE the last room picture, I'm super shocked you didn't place on that one, I definitely would have given it the full stars for everything! It's wonderful! I have a bit more of ideas on what people like to see, so thank you very much!
  • oh my those are some epic pictures!! I've never participated in a competition before but I can suggest some ideas :D
    How about a ghostly graveyard with ghosts that rise up around the room as you ride a mini track?! Or maybe a haunted house with all the different compartments of it visible!
  • MiniLuna said:

oh my those are some epic pictures!! I've never participated in a competition before but I can suggest some ideas :D
    How about a ghostly graveyard with ghosts that rise up around the room as you ride a mini track?! Or maybe a haunted house with all the different compartments of it visible!

Those are nice ideas! But this year it's not a ride competition, it's just a room! I love the haunted house idea!
  • what about a room based on the hunchback of notre dame?
    cutelina
  • cute_lina said:

what about a room based on the hunchback of notre dame?

haven't seen that 
  • what halloween movies have you seen? 
    cutelina
  • OMG wow those are so pretty!!  I love the idea of a grave yard with a ride that goes around it and through it!  With lots of active object that pop up at your when you go by!  And make it high in some places like the ground is un even!! It's just an idea!  I LOVE everyone else's too!!

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• cute_lina said:

what halloween movies have you seen? 

Pretty much only nightmare before Christmas lol
  • goldenpuppy said:

OMG wow those are so pretty!!  I love the idea of a grave yard with a ride that goes around it and through it!  With lots of active object that pop up at your when you go by!  And make it high in some places like the ground is un even!! It's just an idea!  I LOVE everyone else's too!!

Love the idea but again this year it is NOT a ride competition. It's a room competition.
  • Oh the rule is only that your ride can't leave the room to another one!  You can still have a ride in it @Perpetual_Fighter

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• Perpetual_Fighter said:

cute_lina said:

I think you should look some of the good ones up to get some inspiration for a room. 
    my suggestions are 
    hunchback of notre dame
    Caroline
    psycho
    hocus pocus 
    also if you do decide to do a nightmare before christmas room and you put a ride in it you could have the ride be theme around oogie boogie.  

cutelina
  • cute_lina said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

cute_lina said:

I think you should look some of the good ones up to get some inspiration for a room. 
    my suggestions are 
    hunchback of notre dame
    Caroline
    psycho
    hocus pocus 
    also if you do decide to do a nightmare before christmas room and you put a ride in it you could have the ride be theme around oogie boogie.  

That would be cool but I'm almost done with my room though. How about you stop by and tell me thoughts on my room?
  • goldenpuppy said:

Oh the rule is only that your ride can't leave the room to another one!  You can still have a ride in it @Perpetual_Fighter

That is true but I think personally that rides are over done and are practically every year so I don't want to keep repeating the Same theme. I want to think outside the box this year.
  • Perpetual_Fighter said:

cute_lina said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

cute_lina said:

my suggestions are 
    hunchback of notre dame
    Caroline
    psycho
    hocus pocus 

That would be cool but I'm almost done with my room though. How about you stop by and tell me thoughts on my room?
    sure I love to 
    cutelina
  • @Perpetual_Fighter I am so glad I helped! Also, yes... I was confused why that one room did not place either (the one in last picture). Anyway, good know I helped! :)

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• waterfallglow said:

@Perpetual_Fighter I am so glad I helped! Also, yes... I was confused why that one room did not place either (the one in last picture). Anyway, good know I helped! :)

Thanks again!
  • I wonder why we can't do more than one room (with the start room being the main entry) for a ride. I wanted to base my entry off of a book and now I'm not entering the competition cause of this rule. :/
    R5LND5X3UQ4Y
  • I wonder why we can't do more than one room (with the start room being the main entry) for a ride. I wanted to base my entry off of a book and now I'm not entering the competition cause of this rule. :/

Mainly because this is a room-building competition, not a ride-building competition. As mentioned above, you can make your entry a one-room ride if you please, but the rules state that only one room can be entered per person, and teleporters cannot leave the room (because, y'know, it's a room-building competition).
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• Since the beginning on VFK competitions, the Halloween competition has alternated from ride to room.  It's like a tradition, last year was ride, so this year is room, then next year will be ride!  you can always wait on your ride idea and do another idea this year @Purplellama

Anyway!  Good luck all!

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• this year the gingerbread competition will probably be a ride. 
    cutelina