Home Sewing Projects

edited March 2017 in General
xD I was advised by fellow Main Street Maniacs to make a thread on sewing projects, so I'll start it off with my first Sewing Machine-made project:
Spoiler:
17626356_1364651300263022_6524586142092379167_n
17629598_1364651316929687_9211491812343040222_n
((THE PROJECT IS THE HAT, NOT THE PRETTY BUILD A BEAR REINDEER MODELLING IT FOR ME))

It started out as a sewing machine test on about $5 of fabric from the fabric store(that was a magical visit, gazillions of fabrics.. I must return soon when I have money.) But I wasn't certain my home-designed pattern would pan out on the first try, so I didn't even get fabric for lining it.. some other fabric is on order though that I will use some of for some careful lining additions after the fact, so I haven't hemmed off the edges just yet..
It's nothing professional quality, but I hope it holds up over time cause it's almost just what I wanted in a hat. xP The fabric is fleece, the inner ear is felt, I believe. I'm not as Crafty as I want to be yet, but it's a start. :[]

But enough about my project xP, what about yours?

Comments

• OMG RABBIT IT LOOKS AMAZING!! You're doing a beautiful job!!!

╰︶﹉⋛⋋⊱⋋๑DREAM๑⋌⊰⋌⋚﹉︶╯

byJessiforVintage
  • That looks awesome!
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • ahhh it looks incredible! :)
    art gallery 2
    "All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
    "YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
    "Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage

• That is such a great design you've made!  I love the way it looks!  Did you make the pattern pieces yourself?  And if so, what did you  make the pattern pieces out of?!

I love sewing, it's so much fun!!  This is a great topic you've started, I'll definitely see about taking some pictures and posting them :D
    Why waste time trying to fix things that are broken when we need to spend more time fixing things that aren't broken.
  • Nice hat!!  LOL I really love your build a bear reindeer, did you make it yourself at build a bear?!
  • MidnightMystery said:

That is such a great design you've made!  I love the way it looks!  Did you make the pattern pieces yourself?  And if so, what did you  make the pattern pieces out of?!
    I love sewing, it's so much fun!!  This is a great topic you've started, I'll definitely see about taking some pictures and posting them :D
    The paper pattern I measured and drew myself, but took ideas from existing designs to use to make mine the best it can be, the main fabric is fleece and the inner ear is felt; I'm not sure how well it will hold up with time but hopefully a while at least.
    SparkleDream said:

Nice hat!!  LOL I really love your build a bear reindeer, did you make it yourself at build a bear?!

Heehee, I wish I got to make it all on my own, but the unstuffed bearreindeer was made beforehand. ;~; I was there to see him "come to life" though xD ((He's named Zephery))
  • Adventure_Rabbit said:

MidnightMystery said:

That is such a great design you've made!  I love the way it looks!  Did you make the pattern pieces yourself?  And if so, what did you  make the pattern pieces out of?!
    The paper pattern I measured and drew myself, but took ideas from existing designs to use to make mine the best it can be, the main fabric is fleece and the inner ear is felt; I'm not sure how well it will hold up with time but hopefully a while at least.
    SparkleDream said:

Nice hat!!  LOL I really love your build a bear reindeer, did you make it yourself at build a bear?!

Heehee, I wish I got to make it all on my own, but the unstuffed bearreindeer was made beforehand. ;~; I was there to see him "come to life" though xD ((He's named Zephery))
    You did a terrific job making the pattern!  You should totally post a picture of your sewing machine and sewing area, I love looking at other people's sewing places :D Mine is such a mess lol
    Why waste time trying to fix things that are broken when we need to spend more time fixing things that aren't broken.
  • This looks really nice! :'D I like it!

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• GASPP that is TOTALLY CUTE!  I wish I had it!  I would wear it everywhere :D
    tacocatdrawing
  • oh I like that..its cute :)
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • I really love your hat!!  Good job making it! :D
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture
  • Awesome hat! That is such a cute Build a Bear too! I might get a sewing machine this Easter and if I do I might post what I make on here! :D 
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥