solving the mystery behind Christmas at Donner Pass, there have been quite a
few exciting updates made so far!

The latest update was made on 01/31/22 at 08:00 AM Eastern
Time.

Below is a list of the latest updates that can be seen in
Jane Darcy's Christmas adventure:

!!SPOILER ALERT!! 
Proceed with caution!

• Conversations with Irregular Mouth Movement Corrected.
  • Various Sounds Updated.
  • Navigation Updates to Cinematic Mode.
  • Adjusted Foliage in Pathway and surrounding Guest House.
  • Atmosphere in Kitchen Updated.
  • Atmosphere in Foyer Updated.
  • Atmosphere near Maze and Garden Updated.
  • Wall Sconces in Mansion Corrected.
  • Fixed an issue with various flickering objects/walls/floors.
  • Fixed an issue loading games saved while inspecting items.
  • Fixed an issue involving the mustache cup icon not loading
    in inventory.
  • Fixed an issue with some items reappearing that are already
    picked up when loading a saved game.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause random crashes.
  • Improved Atmosphere in the Living Room.
  • Fixed an issue with opening shed door from inside while
    using Cinematic Mode.
  • Fixed  an issue in
    Cecelia's House with not being able to leave upper room in Cinematic Mode.

Another update was made to the Miss Clue: Christmas at Donner Pass on 02/01/22 at 07:00 AM Eastern Time, and includes the following changes:

• Fixed an issue where the Painting appeared dark.
  • Option to save during "Visit of Santa Claus" Game has been temporarily disabled.
  • Fixed an issue involving the maze behind mansion.
  • Fixed an issue with the Mustache Cup. Fixed an issue with various items coming into focus.
  • Door to the Shed has been updated.
  • Fixed instability after "Visit of Santa Claus" Game.
  • Fixed an issue where items could be picked up more than once.
  • Updates to areas where reported crashes occurred.
  • Various points of instability have been corrected.
  • Various Scene loading updates.

If you do not see these updates in your version, you may
need to reinstall your Miss Clue: Christmas at Donner Pass.

Stay tuned for more updates to come!  More fixes and features are in the pipe-line,
and will be available for everyone to see in a few hours.

Good luck sleuthing!

Comments

• Hi Mintie - one question! I was still experiencing some of these issues when playing tonight & when I clicked on the regular app icon (which still doesn't open the game), it said that no updates were available. If i uninstall the game & reinstall, will i lose all of my saved games & progress?

so many questions and NO DONUTS

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• Howdy @DonutLuverr!

No, you're saved games are stored separately and so they won't be effected and will still be there when you re-install!

I hope this helps!

-Mintie
  • Thanks so much @VFK_Mintie !! I'll reinstall tomorrow!

I really appreciate you & the rest of the team working so hard to fix these bugs & keeping us updated! A big thanks to you!

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• i trying find the spade .. cant find a barn .. saw a sort of glass room with plants in it ..but cant seem find door to it .. found a locked door in kitchen ..but cant find key .. 

• @Tatiana_SilverHeart

Spoiler:

The spade is in the Guest House.

Look at the kitchen wall next to the hutch, you should see a small cabinet.

• @VFK_Mintie

I've installed the update - I'm still getting the LowLevelFatalError crash, but I have noticed the game runs a lot more smoothly until I get it since the update.

• Thank you so much for the information!

We reviewed the system information you shared and because Christmas at Donner Pass has higher graphic requirements than our previous mysteries it appears that might be causing the FatalError you're seeing, however, we are working on adding a compatibility mode that may fix the problem you are running into.

We hope to have the compatibility mode ready within the next couple weeks!  Until then, using the Normal settings is the best option at the moment!

Does that setting work okay for you?

-Mintie

• Hi @VFK_Mintie !!

I'm currently stuck in my game! 

Spoiler:
    When talking to Mr. Reed in the basement for the first time, #1 instead of his voice, the sound effect of a door closing plays. #2, when it's time for Jane to take the mustache cup and try exiting the basement on her own, when the dialog finishes, I'm stuck! I can't pick up the mustache cup, nor back away from Mr. Reed.

I've tried re-loading my saved games & trying again but no such luck. When I started my game tonight, it said that it was updated. But since I'm having this issue, should I uninstall & reinstall? Let me know what you recommend!

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• edited February 2022
    i love the game so far .. i ran into a two glitches ... and need help on what to do or look for next .. 

Spoiler:
    after i go to basement and look around for the first time .. and get the painting and hang it ... and yes i put the key back ... i look around .. not sure what do .. so i tried to go outside .. if i go outside the front door ... all game stops moving .. the arrow to move is gone and i stay in the doorway ... if i go out the back door and go around to the front of the house ... i freeze again where the arrow to move is lost .. sometimes i almost see too ppl in front the house when coming round the back ... and i have to exit game and start again in the house to play again

also .. i stuck on what to do at this point ... soooo what i already did is ... found spade .. dug up doll .. brought doll in kitchen .. she cleaned up .. found the girl in my bedroom .. played the game once with her .. then she disappeared ... got key .. went to basement looked at presents ... the christmas ornaments .. read the newspaper clippings ...looked at doll house .. got the paintting .. put the key back ... hung painting  in stairwell .. hmm read book on desk in office ... then went to all rooms .. must have missed something behing said about what to do next .. cause i not know ... and i not seen any ppl in the basement as the other person above said ... what do i do next? 

mega mega mega hugs
    tatiana silverheart

• Hi @DonutLuverr,

It does sound like you don't have the newest copy, probably the best solution would be to un-install and then download the new copy and then re-install.

Good luck and let is know if that fixes it!

-Mintie
  • Hi @Tatiana_SilverHeart

It sounds like you're doing a great job investigating!

We are looking why you would get stopped at the front of the house, also, is the brush gone around the maze?

-Mintie
  • hmm there is an area i cant walk around there .. like hmm black leaves on plants ... i think that the area u talking about .. also in won my games .. i gave doll to girl .. and played game .. then when i went back to area doll was dug up .. said i needed to get the spade ..which i already had ..and when i tried use it .. it said i needed to get spade .. tried to put spade back .. to get it again ..but wouldn;t let me .. 
  • I am stuck at the santa game. It crashes to windows after the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled which did not help. Here is the log from event viewer.

Faulting application name: MissClueCDP-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.24.3.0, time stamp: 0x61f8ddd1
    Faulting module name: MissClueCDP-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.24.3.0, time stamp: 0x61f8ddd1
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000401788
    Faulting process id: 0x808
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d81878c73c7225
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\MissClue - Christmas At Donner Pass\app\MissClueCDP\MissClueCDP\Binaries\Win64\MissClueCDP-Win64-Shipping.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\MissClue - Christmas At Donner Pass\app\MissClueCDP\MissClueCDP\Binaries\Win64\MissClueCDP-Win64-Shipping.exe
    Report Id: 79ee3522-48bb-4aa1-a9d5-c6cb1d7ca0c3
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 
  • I am stuck at the santa game. It crashes right after. I uninstalled and reinstalled and that did not help. The event log error is below:

Faulting application name: MissClueCDP-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.24.3.0, time stamp: 0x61f8ddd1
    Faulting module name: MissClueCDP-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.24.3.0, time stamp: 0x61f8ddd1
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000401788
    Faulting process id: 0x808
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d81878c73c7225
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\MissClue - Christmas At Donner Pass\app\MissClueCDP\MissClueCDP\Binaries\Win64\MissClueCDP-Win64-Shipping.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\MissClue - Christmas At Donner Pass\app\MissClueCDP\MissClueCDP\Binaries\Win64\MissClueCDP-Win64-Shipping.exe
    Report Id: 79ee3522-48bb-4aa1-a9d5-c6cb1d7ca0c3
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• Thank you for posting especially with the error you received!  Several update have been made which should fix that!  If you are still experiencing crashing after the Visit Of Santa Claus Game, you should un-install your current game and then go to your download area on Miss Clue and re-download it and install that new copy.

After the install the version on your computer should be 1.0.7!

Good luck and if you run into any issue just let is know!

-Mintie
  • Spoiler:
    i found the maze ... and bees .. searching for tweezers
  • edited February 2022

Thank you for posting!  If you've dug the doll up once, you shouldn't see it again, if you do that might mean you don't have the newest update to Christmas At Donner Pass which should have the issue fixed, so you would need to download it again and re-install!  Also if the maze has been cleared it should look like this:

Spoiler:
    CDPMaze

Good luck!

-Mintie
  • i was finally able get in maze .. found the bees .. i am stuck looking for the tweezers

• mintie .. i found a glitch ... to see thru a wall to the other side ... hmm u know the bedroom with the green wall paper ... there a wardrobe in there .. and to the right of wardrobe ..there a brown wooden stool .. with a round box or tin on it .. well i clicked that box or tin ... and all sudden i was looking at the painting that i had hung in the stairwell ... and had to click arrow down to go away from painting and was like transported back into that bedroom ... hee hee xray vision 
  • omg i running into all sorts of glitches .. now that key cabinet area won't open .. had it opened several times before

• cant get out of the basement after seeing Mr Reed , too many Glitchs I had to uninstall ,,,,,

• Hi @SwiftPetiteCast.

Uninstalling is the best thing to do, there is another version which has an update to address what you are experiencing!  Ifyou download Christmas At Donner Pass and re-install, all your saved games will show up and everything should work great!  IF you encounter anything else just let us know!

Another update should be coming tomorrow so if you find anything we can include it!

Keep up the good detective work!

-Mintie
  • omg omg omg ok .. i managed get the tweezers and pin ... but when i go to enter the house .. and get the book .. all my game freezes then poofs .. and it all closed the game .. gonna start again .. save right after i come out of maze ... then try again .. but .. it has happened few times .. tho i keep forgeting to save 

ohhh .. 1) how do i save the game on the same title of won of the books where i saved previous games ....
    2) had a screen pop up that said .. u can't save at this time ... on that white book screen .. how do i exit out of an open book (like where u save games) or look to load a game .. etc.. like if i click wrong book to load .. how i go back to choose again? tried esc .. it not work .. 

• finally got pasted that part above .. but stuck again lol .

Spoiler:
    .. saw the lady at piano talked to man in kitchen looked at painting with magnify glass .. then went to basement .. everything seemed the same .. newspaper clippings .. bell .. doll house .. the star/ornaments/ gifts .. and boxes we cant click on .... so not sure what i suppose be doing down there
  • think i somehow skipped a piece of the story .... 

i am in the shed .. items clicked on say .. hmm this may not work. Better try won at a time .... but .. i have no idea what she trying won of the items at a time for in the game ... somehow missed a piece of the story .. 
  • i managed to figure out what i needed ... going in front of house seem to work .. then when i went to basement .. i learned why it was needed

i need help to know about won part .. i will put it in spoiler section ... 
    Spoiler:
      i now at the part of getting girl to her mom ... i have the hurrican lantern .. but .. i seem to go in circles .. can't even find the stairs to go down ... trying get to the piano room ..but cant find it .. need a bit help to figure out if i doing it right or not ...  

• The game is pretty much unplayable for me. I can't open it the normal way, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. I can either hit skip or X on the update launcher (updates have installed) and the game won't open. So I tried opening it the other way as explained on one of these posts, and I crash every time after playing the game with Nancy. Please help me, I'm getting very upset :( 
  • Howdy @Tatiana_SilverHeart,

You're making great progress on the mystery!  And thank you for all the detailed reports!  For helping the little girl try this:

Spoiler:

When you leave the room with the hurricane lantern go down the hall a couple steps and then look to the right for a passageway with blue wallpaper!  Take that path and just follow it along.

Don't forget to turn up your lamp when the shadows press in on you!

Good luck

-Mintie
  • woot .. i had not seen that side part of the blue .. only the dead end part 

Spoiler:
     ... i am now looking for the vault key .. found the numbers on the wall.... i tried the key in my inventory but it not worked .. search all the street .. wont let me search in the house ... 

• I just bought and installed this game and it says that I'm running the latest version and then the game never opens.