Upcoming Anniversary Re-releases!

edited May 2019 in VFK Developer Ideas!
Loving the theme of the Anniversary this year! Such a cool idea to release unreleased items from the Beta days, along with re-released Maze walls (so far, Adobe Walls and Snow Banks). So far we only have 2008 and 2009 throwback events on the Event Calendar, so I'm curious to see if the throwback years will continue into 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, etc. I really hope so, especially since a lot of newer players weren't around in the earlier years, and a lot of older players took breaks in the later years (especially 2014/2015). 

For those who haven't seen the Event Calendar yet: 

2008maze

2009maze

However, as the years go on, there are so many maze walls and items to choose from, so I think it would be a nice interactive feature if we, as a player base, could VOTE on which maze walls we would like to see return to the maze for the later years (if such events continue).

For example, here are just some of the maze walls from 2010:

2010fridgidice
2010redrose
2010yellowrose
2010garden
2010brownbrick
2010halloweenspooky

Since there are so many options to choose from, I think it would be cool if it was decided by vote. Maybe a Miss Clue discussion for each year with a poll? Or maybe some way on Dev Blog? 

Another thing I'd love to see throughout the month, are recoloured versions of older HOST Hats that we know and love! I made a few examples (sorry for the low quality) :
From top to bottom: 
Valentines Cowboy Hat - Purple  (I've always wanted a purple cowboy hat [surprise, surprise], pretty much a love child of the pink + blue one with a green, orange or yellow heart in the center lol)
Blue Wizard Hat
Arctic Camo Cap

purplecowboy
bluewizardhat
arcticcamohat

Regardless, I'm super excited for this upcoming month!! Happy Anniversary VFK!! :)

Comments

• I think letting us vote would be a fantastic idea! Since the snow banks have already been chosen, I do hope that they are re-released with an updated grid, because they are arguably the most difficult maze pieces to build with. Even the original ice blocks (and snow block) had less grid issues. The 4x3 Adobe wall grid could also use some fixing.

I believe original hedges would have been a more appropriate choice for 2009, especially with the garden competition underway, but I think it's still great that they decided to re-release some of the classics! Thanks DevTeam

Love your purple cowboy and blue wizard hat suggestions -- I would also like to suggest releasing a "Lava Light - Color Purple" for the VFK Happy Father's Day Quest (a re-make of the blue lava light that was released in beta for Father's Day).

Thanks for the thread, really exciting times!
  • I love the idea, but it looks like they've already updated the Event Calendar to 2011, so they probably have it planned out.
    Happy Anniversary everyone :)
    I am a total mystery girl!
    Never without my magnifying glass <3
    MarzipanFromBluewiz3
    Thanks to @bluewiz for this amazing Secret Santa Christmas present!!
  • Marzipan said:

I love the idea, but it looks like they've already updated the Event Calendar to 2011, so they probably have it planned out.
    Happy Anniversary everyone :)

I only see it up to 2010, but yeah it's possible they've got it planned out. I just hope we get pink rose hedges for 2013 and/or the spring garden walls for 2014 :)

Happy Anniversary!
  • Tomorrow said:

I think letting us vote would be a fantastic idea! Since the snow banks have already been chosen, I do hope that they are re-released with an updated grid, because they are arguably the most difficult maze pieces to build with. Even the original ice blocks (and snow block) had less grid issues. The 4x3 Adobe wall grid could also use some fixing.

I believe original hedges would have been a more appropriate choice for 2009, especially with the garden competition underway, but I think it's still great that they decided to re-release some of the classics! Thanks DevTeam

Love your purple cowboy and blue wizard hat suggestions -- I would also like to suggest releasing a "Lava Light - Color Purple" for the VFK Happy Father's Day Quest (a re-make of the blue lava light that was released in beta for Father's Day).

Thanks for the thread, really exciting times!
    I really like the purple lava lamp suggestion! Maybe this time around we could have a VFK Happy Mother's Day Quest for it ;) Woot, Happy Anniversary!
  • :o So cool!!

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • Nice ideas.  I love the callback to the old days, its very fun.