Crafting ideas

So, I think this may be a pretty large undertaking, but it's something that I've been playing around with in my ideas for a while.  Crafting has become sort of null.  There hasn't been much to it, and when new things are added, it's only one pattern at a time.  Crafting could be a part of the game to make us work for things.  It gets us out into the kingdom to get us collecting and playing games to get dye bottles.  The idea is there and the idea is great! However, there isn't much incentive to keep us crafting.  There are a lot of clothes to craft and I'm sure nobody has EVERY piece crafted (at least that I know of...).  That being said, I think we need more of an incentive to get out there and craft! 

This is going to be a relatively long thread thatI'mm going to compile loads of information into it from my own ideas, as well as ideas that I've seen from other threads (I'll try to credit everyone where I can) and even just from talking to people in game!

That being said, let us begin:

Incorporating Gold Stamps:
Spoiler:
So, as of now, we have events that give us sheep and bunnies to collect our craftable materials from.  We have games that give us elemental bottles to collect dye from, and we have the dragons burning ability to collect a little bit of everything from.  Granted, these events have become rather monotonous where people just log on a bunch of clones, plop them down into a room, and leave them running for ages in order to collect materials.  

That being said, I'm going to suggest something that I'm sure countless people have requested/recommended, and possibly add a twist to it.  There can be a ROOM that we can buy from gold stamps that has a few of the animals that we collect from, (possibly we can start with two of each, and two plants that we can craft from as well (baumwolle and reedies) and then from that, we can buy more from gold stamps to add to the room OR give us the opportunity to breed the animals to get more, while the gardening would work in the same way that it currently does.  This would give an entirely new outlook to crafting and bring in another fun way to incorporate other possibilities and activities into VFK. 
 



Crafting Colors:
Spoiler:
I know a while ago, @Zoee brought adding a few more colors/adjusting some colors to make them look closer to their actual colors.  Zoee went in depth and even had pictures to show the differences between the purple that we have, and a new purple that we could incorporate into the game.  (You can find this here- http://forum.missclue.com/discussion/880099/autumn-wild-west-paisley-bandanas-new-craft-color-combinations#latest ).  I stand behind this entirely and agree with it!  I would also LOVe to see the other colors that she mentioned.  The coral and grey would be fantastic.  FOR BOTH genders.  To go further, I would also like to see seafoam brought into the mix.  A seafoam color would go well with the release.  We can add lavender, coral, seafoam, grey, and white (of course they would all have their three shades to keep up with the current trend).  By doing this, it would bring for a better variety of colors that we can wear and give us more of an opportunity to get new items!


Crafting hats:
Spoiler:
 
This one is a longshot and I know it.  We have beanies, and staff has given us more beanies as of late, but I think crafting is the perfect place to get more of them.  When you think of knitting, other than blankets, the first thing that I think of is knitted hats.  Below are some examples. 


hat1 hat2 hat3


Now, I know that these seem redundant, but I'd like to see something with more "slouch" like these have than what we currently have



Craftable shirts:
Spoiler:
Now, there isn't much here to say.  I think we have a lot of great choices for shirts now, so this isn't a MAJOR issue in my eyes.  One thing that I WOULD like to see, however, are PLAIN shirts.  Longsleeve and short, with SMALL barely visible even, or non-existant honestly... but if there were to be a logo, the vfk logo on the shirt in the corner would be cute.  Sort of like a polo shirt! 

Here some examples!  

shirt 1 shirt3





Craftable pants:
Spoiler:
Here is where we get to the juicy stuff.  I would LOVE to see more craftable pants so that we can have more of a variety of color in the pants that we get.  That being said, I would love to see different styles of jeans.  For guys, we can have a straight cut, a skinny fit, a boot cut, and then a set that is skinny, but not TOO skinny, and the bottom cuffed.  For girls jeans....(insert girl opinions because I don't want to speak for girls in case something like this happens and they don't get what they want).  

Here are some examples!
----To preface these pictures; I'd like to see the styles of all of them in all of the different types of jeans so that there is more of a variety
----Also; obviously most jeans look the same, but basically what I'm saying is that there should be skinny jeans that look skinny, a regular jean and then one like the jeans that we have now from weekend wear...reference how the jeans look against the shoes for example

The skinny jeans!
Spoiler:
jeans1 jeans2 jeans3

The Straight legged jeans!
Spoiler:

jeans4 jeans5 jeans6


The bootleg jeans!
Spoiler:

jeans7 jeans8 jeans9


The cuffed jeans!
Spoiler:

jeans11 jeans12

.


Craftable shoes:
Spoiler:
I LOVE the rad and nixie shoes that resemble vans (theres a debate on whether they're navy or gray; I still think they're gray.  Come at me @NiceCutePumpkin ).  Because of that, I would love to see those shoes become craftable with more colors! or something similar to them.  Here are some examples! 


shoes1 shoes2 shoes4



These are pretty much all of the ideas that I have for the moment.  If I get more I'll be sure to add them! 

I also welcome everyone to jump in and give their ideas, but like always, I ask that things remain civil so that the thread does not get closed! 

Comments

  • I would love an option when crafting before you click on the sewing machine to put everything together is if a colour wheel popped up before hand and you could pick the colour you want for your outfit to be from your wheel and each colour would have a code on it, so if you wanted to use the colour again all you would have to do is search in a mini search bar under the wheel and type in the code for the colour you wish to use. 
    cutelina
  • cute_lina said:

    I would love an option when crafting before you click on the sewing machine to put everything together is if a colour wheel popped up before hand and you could pick the colour you want for your outfit to be from your wheel and each colour would have a code on it, so if you wanted to use the colour again all you would have to do is search in a mini search bar under the wheel and type in the code for the colour you wish to use. 

    i'm going have to go against the code thing... the code thing seems tedious i think if we type certain things like red.. on the color wheel it can give us varieties of red to choose.   plus if you know you want a dark red you can type in dark red and it appears, or burgundy and it will come up. which i think its better than having to remember a code to type into a color wheel.. which who knows how many codes you have to write down.
  • angelwaterfairy said:

    cute_lina said:

    I would love an option when crafting before you click on the sewing machine to put everything together is if a colour wheel popped up before hand and you could pick the colour you want for your outfit to be from your wheel and each colour would have a code on it, so if you wanted to use the colour again all you would have to do is search in a mini search bar under the wheel and type in the code for the colour you wish to use. 

    i'm going have to go against the code thing... the code thing seems tedious i think if we type certain things like red.. on the color wheel it can give us varieties of red to choose.   plus if you know you want a dark red you can type in dark red and it appears, or burgundy and it will come up. which i think its better than having to remember a code to type into a color wheel.. which who knows how many codes you have to write down.
    I feel like a code would be more efficient because dark red isn't very specific. Having codes for each colours isn't a new thing. Another website I use has a code for each colour when you apply it to something and the paint shops here labels all of their samples with codes so they know exactly which colour your looking for.  
    cutelina
  • I'd have to agree with the color wheel.  Sure, it would be a bit to learn, but each color always has a set code.. For example, on the EA desktop version, when you go to change the color of your text in IMs, the colors each have a specific code.  Colors are all given a universal code that goes with that color.  So, the code would be universal across all websites.  
  • Thanks for resurfacing my crafting colours thread, I meant to do the same because I think these colour additions would be perfect for the springtime.

    I definitely agree with plain shirts, a lot of the clothing items we get are very extra and intricate and while they are very well done, they’re not everybody’s style. I particularly want more basic white shirts, and so adding white to crafting would be particularly helpful.

    I also like the craft able jeans! I suggested craftable denim jackets in the past, with 4 predetermined dye options: black, dark-wash, light-wash, and white. I think it would be fun for VFK to do a whole craftable denim collection, potentially with different jean styles, denim shorts (like the Nixie/Rad ones, I’d LOVE these in white) and denim jackets, all with the aforementioned colour options.

    Those vans are also really cute! I asked for slip-ons in my Spring Thread (especially checkered slip-ons), but craftable lace-ups would be really cute. Maybe both lowtops and hightops? I’ve noticed we don’t get a whole lot of craftable shoes so these would be a nice addition!

    As for the colour wheel, an example of these colour codes can also be seen when selecting a colour for your signature background/text. However, I’m not sure how easy it would be for staff to code every crafting items to have the ability to be crafted in any possible colour. I also feel like that might defeat the point of the current dye combinations, and the elemental dyes in general but I’m not sure!
  • Zoee said:

    Thanks for resurfacing my crafting colours thread, I meant to do the same because I think these colour additions would be perfect for the springtime.

    I definitely agree with plain shirts, a lot of the clothing items we get are very extra and intricate and while they are very well done, they’re not everybody’s style. I particularly want more basic white shirts, and so adding white to crafting would be particularly helpful.

    I also like the craft able jeans! I suggested craftable denim jackets in the past, with 4 predetermined dye options: black, dark-wash, light-wash, and white. I think it would be fun for VFK to do a whole craftable denim collection, potentially with different jean styles, denim shorts (like the Nixie/Rad ones, I’d LOVE these in white) and denim jackets, all with the aforementioned colour options.

    Those vans are also really cute! I asked for slip-ons in my Spring Thread (especially checkered slip-ons), but craftable lace-ups would be really cute. Maybe both lowtops and hightops? I’ve noticed we don’t get a whole lot of craftable shoes so these would be a nice addition!

    As for the colour wheel, an example of these colour codes can also be seen when selecting a colour for your signature background/text. However, I’m not sure how easy it would be for staff to code every crafting items to have the ability to be crafted in any possible colour. I also feel like that might defeat the point of the current dye combinations, and the elemental dyes in general but I’m not sure!

    Yeah, after talking to some people about the color wheel, or even just using the codes that we have for signatures/IMs, it's over 200 colors and though that would be nice, i think it's asking a lot of staff to be able to recolor everything that many times.  So, it makes sense to just add a few more colors in.  
  • edited March 1
    FracturedMemories said:

    So, I think this may be a pretty large undertaking, but it's something that I've been playing around with in my ideas for a while.  Crafting has become sort of null.  There hasn't been much to it, and when new things are added, it's only one pattern at a time.  Crafting could be a part of the game to make us work for things.  It gets us out into the kingdom to get us collecting and playing games to get dye bottles.  The idea is there and the idea is great! However, there isn't much incentive to keep us crafting.  There are a lot of clothes to craft and I'm sure nobody has EVERY piece crafted (at least that I know of...).  That being said, I think we need more of an incentive to get out there and craft! 


    This is going to be a relatively long thread thatI'mm going to compile loads of information into it from my own ideas, as well as ideas that I've seen from other threads (I'll try to credit everyone where I can) and even just from talking to people in game!

    That being said, let us begin:

    Incorporating Gold Stamps:
    Spoiler:
    So, as of now, we have events that give us sheep and bunnies to collect our craftable materials from.  We have games that give us elemental bottles to collect dye from, and we have the dragons burning ability to collect a little bit of everything from.  Granted, these events have become rather monotonous where people just log on a bunch of clones, plop them down into a room, and leave them running for ages in order to collect materials.  

    That being said, I'm going to suggest something that I'm sure countless people have requested/recommended, and possibly add a twist to it.  There can be a ROOM that we can buy from gold stamps that has a few of the animals that we collect from, (possibly we can start with two of each, and two plants that we can craft from as well (baumwolle and reedies) and then from that, we can buy more from gold stamps to add to the room OR give us the opportunity to breed the animals to get more, while the gardening would work in the same way that it currently does.  This would give an entirely new outlook to crafting and bring in another fun way to incorporate other possibilities and activities into VFK. 
     



    Crafting Colors:
    Spoiler:
    I know a while ago, @Zoee brought adding a few more colors/adjusting some colors to make them look closer to their actual colors.  Zoee went in depth and even had pictures to show the differences between the purple that we have, and a new purple that we could incorporate into the game.  (You can find this here- http://forum.missclue.com/discussion/880099/autumn-wild-west-paisley-bandanas-new-craft-color-combinations#latest ).  I stand behind this entirely and agree with it!  I would also LOVe to see the other colors that she mentioned.  The coral and grey would be fantastic.  FOR BOTH genders.  To go further, I would also like to see seafoam brought into the mix.  A seafoam color would go well with the release.  We can add lavender, coral, seafoam, grey, and white (of course they would all have their three shades to keep up with the current trend).  By doing this, it would bring for a better variety of colors that we can wear and give us more of an opportunity to get new items!


    Crafting hats:
    Spoiler:
     
    This one is a longshot and I know it.  We have beanies, and staff has given us more beanies as of late, but I think crafting is the perfect place to get more of them.  When you think of knitting, other than blankets, the first thing that I think of is knitted hats.  Below are some examples. 


    hat1 hat2 hat3


    Now, I know that these seem redundant, but I'd like to see something with more "slouch" like these have than what we currently have



    Craftable shirts:
    Spoiler:
    Now, there isn't much here to say.  I think we have a lot of great choices for shirts now, so this isn't a MAJOR issue in my eyes.  One thing that I WOULD like to see, however, are PLAIN shirts.  Longsleeve and short, with SMALL barely visible even, or non-existant honestly... but if there were to be a logo, the vfk logo on the shirt in the corner would be cute.  Sort of like a polo shirt! 

    Here some examples!  

    shirt 1 shirt3





    Craftable pants:
    Spoiler:
    Here is where we get to the juicy stuff.  I would LOVE to see more craftable pants so that we can have more of a variety of color in the pants that we get.  That being said, I would love to see different styles of jeans.  For guys, we can have a straight cut, a skinny fit, a boot cut, and then a set that is skinny, but not TOO skinny, and the bottom cuffed.  For girls jeans....(insert girl opinions because I don't want to speak for girls in case something like this happens and they don't get what they want).  

    Here are some examples!
    ----To preface these pictures; I'd like to see the styles of all of them in all of the different types of jeans so that there is more of a variety
    ----Also; obviously most jeans look the same, but basically what I'm saying is that there should be skinny jeans that look skinny, a regular jean and then one like the jeans that we have now from weekend wear...reference how the jeans look against the shoes for example

    The skinny jeans!
    Spoiler:
    jeans1 jeans2 jeans3

    The Straight legged jeans!
    Spoiler:

    jeans4 jeans5 jeans6


    The bootleg jeans!
    Spoiler:

    jeans7 jeans8 jeans9


    The cuffed jeans!
    Spoiler:

    jeans11 jeans12

    .


    Craftable shoes:
    Spoiler:
    I LOVE the rad and nixie shoes that resemble vans (theres a debate on whether they're navy or gray; I still think they're gray.  Come at me @NiceCutePumpkin ).  Because of that, I would love to see those shoes become craftable with more colors! or something similar to them.  Here are some examples! 


    shoes1 shoes2 shoes4



    These are pretty much all of the ideas that I have for the moment.  If I get more I'll be sure to add them! 

    I also welcome everyone to jump in and give their ideas, but like always, I ask that things remain civil so that the thread does not get closed! 
    Zoee said:

    Thanks for resurfacing my crafting colours thread, I meant to do the same because I think these colour additions would be perfect for the springtime.

    I definitely agree with plain shirts, a lot of the clothing items we get are very extra and intricate and while they are very well done, they’re not everybody’s style. I particularly want more basic white shirts, and so adding white to crafting would be particularly helpful.

    I also like the craft able jeans! I suggested craftable denim jackets in the past, with 4 predetermined dye options: black, dark-wash, light-wash, and white. I think it would be fun for VFK to do a whole craftable denim collection, potentially with different jean styles, denim shorts (like the Nixie/Rad ones, I’d LOVE these in white) and denim jackets, all with the aforementioned colour options.

    Those vans are also really cute! I asked for slip-ons in my Spring Thread (especially checkered slip-ons), but craftable lace-ups would be really cute. Maybe both lowtops and hightops? I’ve noticed we don’t get a whole lot of craftable shoes so these would be a nice addition!

    As for the colour wheel, an example of these colour codes can also be seen when selecting a colour for your signature background/text. However, I’m not sure how easy it would be for staff to code every crafting items to have the ability to be crafted in any possible colour. I also feel like that might defeat the point of the current dye combinations, and the elemental dyes in general but I’m not sure!

    i love your color spectrum zo! now i will be honest imma get my colors mixed up XD and Memories i love the beanies idea and shoes idea. i want both lowtops and high tops. I wish vfk will add more diversity in clothing range when it comes to crafting, and colors for both genders!  also wait the normal vans or like the checkered vans... or both? also slip on ones would be cute also! 
  • with low tops and high tops.. i think girls can get like a knee high top versions that can come in different colors, able to pick what base color you want it to be, different designs/patterns,  have different stencils to go on it, and being able to choose what color laces. here are some examples.
    4646c12a66cc8c6ec2e35ff430c65a47
    717n2d06VrL._SX395._SX._UX._SY._UY_
    134e655b12e8492ad2c007978caf4519
    155501182_kids-knee-high-top-canvas-boot-tennis-shoe-sneaker-black
    s-l1600
    knee high converse-627cgw
    m_59b6a8436a5830fd5508f5f6
  • here is some references from different angles( i tried to find some)... we dont have to have the logo on it.m_541da9f4d92990054c0077e4
    3072-converse-knee-high-tops
    cbeff18b0163d96a8ef0e64221a1d004--knee-high-converse-converse-shoes
    717n2d06VrL._SX395._SX._UX._SY._UY_
  • the guys and girls can have this also.. after i post this i will try to find some different styles of vans. since i noticed @Zoee and @FracturedMemories mention it.

    Converse34539
  • Ok so.. these are low tops, slip ons, high tops, and custom types. also i try to find it in different colors(some could be apply for space month and summer theme etc).. well hopefully they will be in different colors if staffies released them.

    0b498d6984f8fe152fa4410fe9fc8c40
    8EMRK2-HERO
    7d4632c53e87cc77395e88503944d3b2
    8EMRK2-HERO
    8F7NRA-HERO
    60bbe910f3e90a7fe8e6443553a9bf31
    859e7eeb732df14146b3259d2764d8eb
    2051682_303_main
    10053138_1
    81o2VU6pq1L._UX395_
    46374146_018_b
    afcv9q-l-610x610-shoes-vans+galaxy-galaxy-vans-sneakers-purple-vans+sneakers-vans+galexy+print-galaxy+vans-custom+vans--galaxy+shoes-space-tumblr-black-white-hipster-galaxy+print-low+sneakers
    c02a7058925bf19d29019450cd24f112c25dc05fa61270827502d4df6c68ddda
    canvas-sk8-hi-reissue-red-black-shoes-original-847320
    c813e779e1da394a3f6110386629447c042bde10fc63fd2d24b56341a005ce91
    m_5adb858600450fa97440eea4
    Men Vans 2016 US Open Authentic Shoes sunset white Vans Low Top Shoes Mens Men Vans Shoes Men Vans Shoes 2314_LRG
    images (2)
    m_5c786b5cc9bf50382a84b8a2
    shoes_ia00989
    s_570fa84c4e95a322d8002443
    s-l300 (2)
    mens-vans-ua-old-skool-low-top-sneaker
    s-l300 (1)
    sk8-hi-reissue-pop-camo-sneakers
    shoes_ia73251
    Vans-Sk8-Hi-Classic-Skateboard-Shoes-Men-Women-Choose
    Vans-Slip-On-Black-&-Formula-Red-Checkerboard-Skate-Shoes-_298112-front-US
    vans-super-sk8-hi-high-top-checkerboard-shoes-girls-size-5-5-12aa750aef47c36d5464d41d6180b675
    vans-classic-slip-on-flames-in-true-white
    vans-classic-checkerboard-slip-on
    vans-classic-slip-on-flames-in-true-white
    XSBRK4-HERO
  • here are some more

    2017-vans-old-skool-canvas-shoes-classic
    2017-Shop-Mens-Vans-Old-Skool-BlackBlack-Shoes-Canada
    6c960e329bd7fd072636f17e88b4989f
    9761912b345ed1c359840a730a871a68--vans-sk-hi-white-all-white-vans
    vtebqj-l-610x610-shoes-spraypainted-high+sneaker-white+shoes-purple-splatter+paint-sk8+hi
  • Wow! That's a lot of picture to look at lol 
  • FracturedMemories said:

    Wow! That's a lot of picture to look at lol 

    aye now! XD i went all out for this ok... i literally was shoe hunting...
Sign In or Register to comment.