DEADLINE - Miss Clue Magazine!? Such Amazingness! Much wow!

edited October 2018 in General
Aloha everyone! So I've decided to create a magazine made especially for Miss Clue! It will be called... drum roll..... "The Badger!"
It will be like a basic magazine, with a little.... shall I say... FLARE?
Anyway, I will need writers! If you want to write for "The Badger" please tell me and PM me a short paragraph (minimum of 150 words) about whatever subject you want, and I will assign you to a section of magazine. I will list the sections below. Tell my also in the PM which category you would prefer to write in, and after reading your paragraph I will decide if you will be a writer for this magazine, and if you are DESTINED to write about the category you would prefer.
The categories are:
Fashion
News
Books
Food
Advertisements (about vip memberships, etc.)

Also, if you have another category you think we should do, let me know!
We will also have a few awesome add-ins to the magazine!
Super excited!

NOTE: IF you want to write for us, you must be able to have your articles in on time every month.
Magazine Categories
  1. Should I add more categories?
    1. No, it's fine the way it is.
      66.67%
    2. Yes, if you want to make it interesting, you need to add more.
      33.33%
 HBForever's Signature
Thank you @Purrfect

Comments

• What category is books?  Is that like someone submits a chapter for each issue of the magazine like an ongoing story, or is it something else?
    DazzledreamSignature
  • By the way, it's an awesome idea!
    DazzledreamSignature
  • My idea is that it is like book reviews, suggestions and stuff. I will also add in (alternating) a cross word puzzle and word search in each months issue. Along with that, we will have a writing contest in the magazine each month. Happy to hear you like it! :D
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • This looks terrific!!! I would love to be a write, I will start on an article now!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • @HBforever, I see, that looks really interesting.  I read quite a few books so that might suit me well if I qualify!  Are you planning to have pictures? and who would provide those? each writer?
    DazzledreamSignature
  • Hmm.. for fashion we'll definitely have some pictures.. That's a good question... I would probably provide most of the pictures. and I'll be putting to magazine together and stuff. Thank you also @mistymew
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • edited October 2018
    By the way, I'm more into the romance side of books, although I do read some adventures, would that work do you think?
    DazzledreamSignature
  • Yeah! For the books part especially, I'd probably have two or three writers who will write for that sections and who read a variety of genres of books. :D
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Hi @HBforever just one questions for the advertisment section!  Would that include like people advertising items they are trading.  And would the antique shop fall into advertisements or news?

=^.^=

• Interesting question... 1. Antique shop, I am not sure right now. 2. Personal trading... I would probably put that in payed advertising, because... you know... that's how business works. And the price for that would probably only be like one or two regular bonnets. And if you haven't guessed, for advertisements, I need people who are convincing, because they will be creating the ads in whole. And ads will probably include images as well, and those would be images probably provided by the writer.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • edited October 2018
    :O I just had an amazing idea. Okay, so for anyone wondering, for the FOOD section, we will have a different country theme for food every month. The writer will research a food that is eaten in that country, maybe find a picture of it, etc. What do you guys think?
    And no, they don't have to cook and try it. Lol
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • @mistymew Okay, I have decided, Antique will probably go under news. That will include a bunch of the new stuff they had, and upcoming dates for it to be open. Also in news will be new features and stuff in VFK.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

:O I just had an amazing idea. Okay, so for anyone wondering, for the FOOD section, we will have a different country theme for food every month. The writer will research a food that is eaten in that country, maybe find a picture of it, etc. What do you guys think?
    That sounds totally cool, might be cool to have like 2 recipes, one for a country and one that is like a dessert?!  I soooo love desserts
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• Okay for the start of the magazine we will only have a maximum of eight (8) writers. That will be:
    1 for fashion
    1 for news
    1 for food
    3 for books
    3 for advertisements
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • iStella said:

HBforever said:

That sounds totally cool, might be cool to have like 2 recipes, one for a country and one that is like a dessert?!  I soooo love desserts
    Yes! That's an even better idea. I still want to stick with the research stuff, but we can DEFINITELY add a couple recipes. :D I personally love cooking, so I'll probably try a bunch of them.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • I think I'll take a stab at advertisements!  Wish me luck!

• Also, if anyone really wants to.. if you like more than on categories, I will let you try for a maximum of 3 different category so I don't end up putting you in a category you don't like or won't enjoy. Because I will analyze your practice article that you send me and think about which category those skills would work best with.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • I see, so if you don't qualify for one category you can try for another?  Or would you prefer more than one submission at a time?
    DazzledreamSignature
  • If you want to try out for more than one category, please send them at one time. I mean, obviously different messages, but I would prefer you not to wait until after I decide if you belong in the category you initially chose. Because, and I'm sorry, but if you only give me one preferred category, if I think you belong in another, I will just put you in that category.

Also, for anyone trying out, if you can't think of a subject for your short article, let me know here, and I will give you one. :D
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • I even have a logo designed already. I'll take a pic of it and upload here in a few
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Can't wait to see!
    --

• IMG_20181012_145055 
    My beautiful photography skills! Lol my kindle's camera is awful.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • So, the reason I have this already, is because I tried to make this magazine a thing in real life in like March or April, so I designed this logo, but it never worked out. But here I can get more writers than only one other writer besides myself.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • WOW that is totally cool!!!  Did you print it out?
    --

• HBforever said:

So, the reason I have this already, is because I tried to make this magazine a thing in real life in like March or April, so I designed this logo, but it never worked out. But here I can get more writers than only one other writer besides myself.

ah, gottcha
    --

• Yeah, I printed it out. I'm glad you like it. I'm pretty satisfied with it myself. It turned out better than if I had hand drawn it. lol. wouldn't have been as straight and organized.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Do you have a copy on the computer, or would you mind if I cleaned it up for computer use?
    DazzledreamSignature
  • You can go ahead and fix I up. Lol. Thank you for asking, though.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • I'm about to recreate it again here in a sec. But I want to see what you'll do. ;)
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect