Contest Help

How do you use the clear water carpets and make them look natural?

Comments

• I think I might have used black floor underneath it once? I can't remember
    Just an artist who loves anime and video games!
    76722c13-5af4-4bd2-a517-f4051b16cbca-tumblr_p5c4cir7241sejmmmo7_540
  • TacoCat said:

I think I might have used black floor underneath it once? I can't remember

not sure how well that would work with the room I am using. 
  • Most people use the dirt under the mercantile garden section and place the tiles over that.  It gives the appearance that the water is so clear you can see the bottom of the stream.  there are also steam pieces in the garden section as well!

I hope this helps
    If not, you could always use the back stage tiles in the gift shop under movies which would give it a dark blue shade
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• iStella said:

Most people use the dirt under the mercantile garden section and place the tiles over that.  It gives the appearance that the water is so clear you can see the bottom of the stream.  there are also steam pieces in the garden section as well!

I hope this helps
    If not, you could always use the back stage tiles in the gift shop under movies which would give it a dark blue shade
    thank you
  • edited June 2018
    Here's what I have used over the years! Adding stones and grasses really add onto it as well!

Image A: 2010 Ice Rug, available in Icetastics -- Can be used as reflective water /or/ ice!
    Image B: Mountain Forest Leaves, available in Icetastics + Transparent Water Rugs (This is what I normally use!)
    Image C: Water Rugs, available in Icetastics
    Image D: Another version of Image B, but with gold stamp fog surrounding it + a mood light :)
    Image E: Cant think of the item title, however it was a boat ride from a few halloweens ago. Works perfectly for straight large creeks or sewers lol. 

You can also use any of the dirt or dark grass pieces from Mercantile Garden tab as well!

Another tip (if you want to go this route): add sand dollar waterfalls + the tiny Jungle Waterfall Mist (Zoo GS book) /OR/ the GS Fog (GS Shop book) around the edges to make it look like the water is falling directly into your water! :) Hope this helps, goodluck building!
    WATER

• These are really helpful tips, thanks guys!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • I.Am.Chalk said:

Here's what I have used over the years! Adding stones and grasses really add onto it as well!

Image A: 2010 Ice Rug, available in Icetastics -- Can be used as reflective water /or/ ice!
    Image B: Mountain Forest Leaves, available in Icetastics + Transparent Water Rugs (This is what I normally use!)
    Image C: Water Rugs, available in Icetastics
    Image D: Another version of Image B, but with gold stamp fog surrounding it + a mood light :)
    Image E: Cant think of the item title, however it was a boat ride from a few halloweens ago. Works perfectly for straight large creeks or sewers lol. 

You can also use any of the dirt or dark grass pieces from Mercantile Garden tab as well!

Another tip (if you want to go this route): add sand dollar waterfalls + the tiny Jungle Waterfall Mist (Zoo GS book) /OR/ the GS Fog (GS Shop book) around the edges to make it look like the water is falling directly into your water! :) Hope this helps, goodluck building!
    WATER
    thank you