Just A Rant. (I apologize if anything inside this rant, should you choose to read bothers you.)

Why does everyone act different depending on who they're hanging out with and when? I don't understand it all because I'm generally the same person no matter who I'm around and it bothers me because knowing a person who does that, you have to learn all fifty of their personalities and it's ridiculous. Especially when they're around their friends and they outright treat you like you are scum just because around his friends, he's too cool to be nice to you. The same "friends" that spread those rumors about him, about me, and those same rumors he only cared about for his image and not mine. Honestly, are brothers even meant to be a blessing? Because he's not a blessing at all and while we have our moments where we act like the best friends we used to be, its not enough because if you outright say you don't want to be seen with me in public, and insult me to my face in front of all your friends, you're a terrible human being. It's one thing speaking to me like that behind closed doors, in private, but in front of your friends who only join in on mocking me, laughing at me and shouting "oohs", its sickening. Who, by the way, still have the nerve to call me "hot" when you're not around and make stupid disgusting remarks- honestly.

And then you get mad when I say I hate you, and I hate your friends. You call me stupid and antisocial and use the fact that you can easily get A's and B's while goofing around in class to your advantage as I'm struggling to pass. And you think you're actually popular? Funny. That's not what they say when you're not around. Face it, brother, they hate you and the always will no matter how you try to act around them. And to be honest, I hate you too. "Nobody likes you, everyone in my grade hates you," You say on several occasions and while that may be true, at least I'm not denying it and then there's you. The delusional one. Why can't you act the way you do when it's just us, me and you? I understand siblings fight but I don't think they're supposed to be like this.

I'm not weak, brother. While I may not be strong I can still hold my own and when you shove me of course I'm going to flinch! Honestly, even if you're faking it because with you I never know if you're actually going to do it. You're just like them and I don't like it. I might as well hang out at school around them because the way you act is enough to cover all of theirs.

You're not cool. Being a total jerk to your family, to your siblings isn't cool. Making fun of the house my mother worked so hard to buy when she was on her own trying to get a job and take care of the three of us when are parents were separated for a while, isn't cool. And while you say it's easy to get along with people here and in this town it isn't. While this might be your place, it isn't mine. So don't make fun of me when I say I want to leave. And don't accuse me of running from my problems which is really only you in itself. 

And I apologize if this language I'm about to use offends anyone who is reading this (or if it goes against your beliefs) but brother, you say you don't mind that people are and laugh at them, cracking jokes that aren't even funny. You say you aren't racist yet you still think it's okay for you to use the word in every sentence and once again, coming up with jokes that aren't even laughable. And then you make fun of my friends, the ones who actually care about me. - even the ones that don't even live in this country because well, you apparently can't form friendships over the internet which by the way I heavily disagree with. And then you make fun of her, the only person I could actually consider to be a real best friend. Mocking her accent which you haven't even heard, saying how she isn't even real that she's probably a (which could be true but I know she's not because I've seen her face, family photos, literal live streams and snap chats all from her that would take forever to fake and they might as well write free candy on their white vans in the process).

My point is, if you have a problem with me. Keep it with me and not anyone else. Not my friends, not even strangers. And don't tell me that I don't actually have friends because honestly, I already worry about that enough without you saying something about it. And you saying I'm fine when I'm clearly not is ridiculous, both mentally and physically. 

I mean, I obviously fake migraines for no apparent reason other than to cry and get sympathy because I'm just that pathetic, right? I faked my toe fracture which occurred over the summer because I was apparently trying to get out of playing soccer which, by the way, I completed an entire season as it was still broken and not even healed properly.4

It's just...people like you, I don't really like them much. They try to hard to please society when society in itself is a mess all on its own and i know for a fact we don't need to keep generating these bad seeds. I know I'm not perfect, brother, and I know I'm not the nicest person on the planet but my sarcasm is a defense against anyone who comes too close and the insults I throw are to deflect the attention away from me, to get people to go away so I can live happily and in peace.  Just stop. I want to see how you really are, who you really are because this isn't you. Or, at least I hope this isn't you because being my brother I know you could be better than that. Better than them. I know it can be worse but I still don't like it. I want you to stop. 

(And I'm sorry to you guys if this is too deep, if there's some topics in here you don't want to read I just don't really have anyone to write this to because at the moment I don't even want to talk to my friends. All they ever do is respond with an lol or ok anyway, so what's the point? And sometimes if I'm lucky they'll add an "I'm sorry" and if I'm not so lucky they'll leave me on read just to talk to another friend about how much I complain. I'm just tired of this, tired of all this bull- it's ridiculous, really. So whatever is said here forgive me for saying if my words offend you or something goes against your beliefs. I know some of the things mentioned are controversial.)
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• Hey, if you are having a hard time with anything feel free to PM me, although be mindful of the words you use simply because staff does monitor practically everything. I can say that I feel you, my brother used to deny I was his sister at school sometimes because I was unpopular whereas he was a “cool” kid in highschool. Eventually we managed to work things out, but I know just how frustrating this kind of thing can be although for you it must be much worse. Kids these days will do practically anything to fit in, and it really does suck that they’ll throw ANYONE under the bus in order to achieve that status. But think of it this way, it’s his loss. If he’s choosing these fake friends over his own sibling - who wil he count on when he’s having a hard time? Karma might come back and take a nibble - you never know what the future holds. I’ll be here to lend an ear whenever, having siblings can be tough. I have 3.
  • There really isn't anything we can do here except to talk though heres the best I can think of.

I hope its just a phase and not something that'll last forever (though it may feel like it at times) Sometimes siblings get along better when they are adults than when they were growing up.

Have you tried talking to your parents or a family member about this? Maybe even talking to him if possible? (Given that there is a parent in the room)

Sometimes its best to totally ignore the problem as well. When they see that its not getting to you anymore, sometimes they just give up.

Also just giving each other space might help to.

I remember if any of us acted up and was mainly because of a friend we were hanging around at the time, my mom would make us stay home and have family time until we got along again which oddly enough seemed to work for us but maybe it wasn't as bad as this.

I was the youngest of 5 kids and the only girl so I have 4 older brothers. we've always been very close though we had disagreements and small fights where we would go a day without talking to each other as children but in the end, we all made up and I am very lucky to have them. I hope that its the same for you.
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • Hey Froggie, we don't really know each other, and to be honest I'm not the best with advice either. However, if this person (or people) is bothering you on VFK, I'm sure @VFK_Mintie @VFK_Enigma a or another staff would be happy to help you out. :)
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• I totally understand!  My brother is the same way, changed, hypocritical, mean, and things between us no longer stay between us!

It's a nightmare but I've heard they start to grow out of it by the time they're 20-30.  Great help that is haha

I have to rant because sometimes you just can't keep it bottled up anymore!  Thanks for sharing @frogiepower ever though it doesn't change your brother I hope you feel better after :)

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• @Perpetual_Fighter Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I tried my best to read over it and weed out some of the major cuss words I might have written. I only really kept the words I put in quotations because they were part of the rant. I know what you mean though, about staff. 
  • @Holly Yes, I've talked to him about it. He just denies it or comes up with excuses. My parents are aware of it and there's not much we can do for him, although the mood changing factor might be because of the bi-polar that runs through the family (which is a work in progress). My mom doesn't mind when he uses the racial/homophobic slurs, though, because she's the same way. The only reason she cares is because they're labeled as curse words, which she doesn't want us to use. I just hate the fact he uses them to attack my friends just to get to me, it's ridiculous. And the words he uses shouldn't be used by anyone, ever. And then he wonders why he has haters. 

I just fear that when he moves to a city he'll be shot for some of the things he says.
  • @Jessizoid  Haha, he doesn't play VFK. He used to for a short while and I'm really glad he quit because then, well I wouldn't really be able to rant about this stuff, would I? Thanks for the effort, I'm not really great with advice either. I understand,
  • @iStella Actually, yes I feel much better and thank goodness he'll grow out of it, or so I hope. Perhaps when he goes off to college and leaves this small hypocritical town he'll get a taste of the real world and see what it's like. That'll most likely be the case,
  • frogiepower said:

@Perpetual_Fighter Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I tried my best to read over it and weed out some of the major cuss words I might have written. I only really kept the words I put in quotations because they were part of the rant. I know what you mean though, about staff. 

I totally get being frustrated. The only reason I mentioned staff was because I don’t want you to get in trouble for the language, I personally don’t mind. But yeah it’s good you tried to not do it as much. Anyway, the offer will continue to stand and my inbox is open for you (:
  • @frogiepower I don't know if your parents would approve, but maybe your family could try Homeschooling, It sounds like it is the school environment that is making your brother so harsh.  

That has happened to other people I've known, they totally change when they go to school, because they spend more time at school than at home, it is like the school becomes their family, which really can have an effect on some people.

The other thing you can try, is to try and do as much with him as possible after school, which could be hard, but if he isn't beyond hope I think you could do it, make him choose between you or his friends every day.

You should come to him with something you can both participate in, like playing a 2 player video game, or a board game, or maybe you can start a project together like gardening, just something he has to refuse, if you ask him every day it might get to him, if you really want to save your brother try to be patient with him.

Other than that, like others said, you can wait until school ends and hope it didn't have a lasting emotional effect on him.

Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • @Blossomflower  No, no. It's not really school that's the problem and even if so, my parents work so homeschooling isn't an option really. And yeah, I mean there's rare occasion that we actually do get along so I try to take advantage of that but yeah. All the games he has that are two player require online which would mean I'd be with him and his friends on the game- plus honestly he doesn't have anything I would want to play like my oldest brother does. I don't really know, but thanks for the feedback.
  • edited December 2017
    I guess we'll both get the find out @frogiepower!  My main hope has been all along that I could be able
    to keep in touch with my siblings even as we get older.  But right now
    it doesn't look so hopeful!

Keep your fingers crossed
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!