Collections Thread!

I haven't seen this thread made so I decided to make one! This is a thread to show your collections outside of VFK. Share pictures or experiences below with what you collect!

I personally collect anime figures in chibi form! (They are known as Nendoroids!)
I think they're super cute and so far I have around 30 figures total. I love them very much and enjoy collecting them because they just bring me so much joy and laughter at all the different clothing/face expression possibilities. These figures are interchangeable with each other's clothes and expressions and each usually come with 3-4 face plates each which you can change as well as different arm/leg parts to swap. It's super fun and the possibilities are endless! 

Because I am very much in the winter and holiday spirit, I decided to change some of my nendoroids into one of my Hatsune Miku's winter outfit and the results were extremely adorable! If you have questions, comment them below guys. Happy Holidays!

(Not sure why the pictures are sideways :/ I took them upright on my phone so I'm not sure what that's about but I don't know how to fix it.)

This is Cyan
nendo 6

This is Rem
nendo 4

This is Shiro
nendo 3

This is Kotori 

nendo 2

This is Hatsune Miku (or as some know her, Snow Miku, in this outfit)
nendo 5

Last but not least, this is Hayate!

nendo

Comments

• Very Cool collection @Perpetual_Fighter!!

I remember a sort of collection thread that was made a while back let me get the links!

they might be fun to look at:
    http://forum.missclue.com/discussion/comment/9662/#Comment_9662

http://forum.missclue.com/discussion/comment/16243/#Comment_16243

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• iStella said:

Very Cool collection @Perpetual_Fighter!!

I remember a sort of collection thread that was made a while back let me get the links!

they might be fun to look at:
    http://forum.missclue.com/discussion/comment/9662/#Comment_9662

http://forum.missclue.com/discussion/comment/16243/#Comment_16243

Thank you! I have many more, just got super lazy to show them all XD
    And wow!! Those are so cute! I have a few but they're in plastic form except for my dumbo. Thanks for showing ^-^
  • Aaaaah I love Nendoroids! I've always wanted to try and collect some, but I don't have enough room to display them LOL. I currently have 2 non-Nendoroid anime figures at home, but I don't consider myself a collector.

I collect snow globes! I don't know exactly how many I have, but I think I have collected 50+ over the years of various shapes and sizes. I'd share a picture, but sadly my collection is in my room at home, and I am and school for the next 5 days.

I also have a collection of keychains! I've been collecting them since elementary school, and I keep them in a box under my bed at home.

ALSO, I've been collecting Pokemon cards since I was very little! Tho I'm not an extreme collector like other fans, I have fun with the cards I've gotten over the years. I have a binder that holds all of my cards, which is also at home right now.

....maybe I'll share some pictures of my collections once this semester is finally over.
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• Im sure people have heard about my obsession with pins... so here is my public statement lol :)

I started collecting Disney pins when I was younger (we went to Fl. WDW all the time), I ended up falling out of it... but! A friend I made through VFK had posted a picture of her collections constantly on social media, and eventually I got hooked! Now, I not only collect pins but also trade, buy, and sell them. My boyfriend and I just became annual passholders and that 20% off merch. discount is going to definitely be useful lol.

My collection definitely has a variety not only in characters but also in rarity and value. My most expensive pin is worth about $250, least expensive $3. I have pins that are limited edition 25 to open edition (large amount available). Fantasy pins which are created by disney-fans, and authentic pins (sold directly from disney). Yada yada yada.

On top of the pictures I will be posting, I have about 100 super old disney pins from Germany on the way to me! (These have me super excited, so expect some pictures in the next few weeks!)

Heres my entire collection right now:
    Spoiler:

PhotoGrid_1512710859430
    PhotoGrid_1512710732773
    PhotoGrid_1512710771711
    PhotoGrid_1512710756777
    PhotoGrid_1512710827870
    PhotoGrid_1512710844491
    PhotoGrid_1512710796915
    PhotoGrid_1512710786765
    PhotoGrid_1512710813785

• Jessizoid said:

Aaaaah I love Nendoroids! I've always wanted to try and collect some, but I don't have enough room to display them LOL. I currently have 2 non-Nendoroid anime figures at home, but I don't consider myself a collector.

I collect snow globes! I don't know exactly how many I have, but I think I have collected 50+ over the years of various shapes and sizes. I'd share a picture, but sadly my collection is in my room at home, and I am and school for the next 5 days.

I also have a collection of keychains! I've been collecting them since elementary school, and I keep them in a box under my bed at home.

ALSO, I've been collecting Pokemon cards since I was very little! Tho I'm not an extreme collector like other fans, I have fun with the cards I've gotten over the years. I have a binder that holds all of my cards, which is also at home right now.

....maybe I'll share some pictures of my collections once this semester is finally over.
    Lol! Sounds like you do need to be home soon, I'd like to see! And I'd love to see the anime figures as well :o are they scale figures? Or prize figures etc? Either way would love to see. I am trying to expand my collection from nendoroids, one day I will post all of my current nendos on here but I'm lazy so you only get 6 for now XD
    Keychains sound pretty fun to collect also!

• edited December 2017
    I.Am.Chalk said:

Im sure people have heard about my obsession with pins... so here is my public statement lol :)

I started collecting Disney pins when I was younger (we went to Fl. WDW all the time), I ended up falling out of it... but! A friend I made through VFK had posted a picture of her collections constantly on social media, and eventually I got hooked! Now, I not only collect pins but also trade, buy, and sell them. My boyfriend and I just became annual passholders and that 20% off merch. discount is going to definitely be useful lol.

My collection definitely has a variety not only in characters but also in rarity and value. My most expensive pin is worth about $250, least expensive $3. I have pins that are limited edition 25 to open edition (large amount available). Fantasy pins which are created by disney-fans, and authentic pins (sold directly from disney). Yada yada yada.

On top of the pictures I will be posting, I have about 100 super old disney pins from Germany on the way to me! (These have me super excited, so expect some pictures in the next few weeks!)

Spoiler:

PhotoGrid_1512710859430
    PhotoGrid_1512710732773
    PhotoGrid_1512710771711
    PhotoGrid_1512710756777
    PhotoGrid_1512710827870
    PhotoGrid_1512710844491
    PhotoGrid_1512710796915
    PhotoGrid_1512710786765
    PhotoGrid_1512710813785

Oh my gosh, I definitely understand the expensive aspect! Although, sadly for me, it is super hard to find any nendoroids cheaper than $25 unless it's a bootleg (aka a fake from china instead of Japan) or used (which isn't bad at all, just that some are.. USED. Like. Worn out) or lastly if I get super lucky while bidding on a listing on eBay or get a seller who just really wants to get rid of their figure and sells for cheap which is super rare. Mine range from
    $30-$100 roughly. My most expensive is $92 lol and I just bought her so she's on her way to me now which I will also post here when she gets here, she's stunning. Anywho, your pins are absolutely adorable! I love the Bambi one so much and they're all so different and adorable :o I can't wait to see what other ones you have! 100 pins? That must have cost a hole in your wallet lol!
  • edited December 2017
    @Perpetual_Fighter

Ive never seen those before, they look super cute! I totally feel you, there's disney bootleg pins which are A LOT cheaper BUT then I kind of feel awful buying them because Im feeding the seller money for their "fakes". That's normally how I get my super rare ones as well, or opportunity drawings (pretty much a raffle; small amount of money from various people, one person wins the item).
    Actually, in Germany the only pins they ever seem to have are these "ProPins", so they sell for super cheap (about £2 - £10 each; translates to $2.35 USD - $11.75 USD). They are super rare in the United States (among a few other countries) and can be worth up to $100 USD, give or take. I got 40 of them from bidding on eBay for about $60 USD (one of the pins by itself is worth $75 USD)... and then the rest I got from a new pin collecting friend who lives in Germany so I got those at their normal rate (£2 each).
    The funny thing is that my family had gone to a collectibles event and someone was selling ProPins for a couple cents a piece thinking they were "scrappers" (disney term for bootleg) so my family grabbed a couple cute ones for me... turns out they were super rare, expensive ProPins (and one was even a prototype!).
    Selling pins is currently my main source of income, so I wont be keeping all 100... but definitely quite a few of them! They are very vintage looking & normally have unique characters that there arent many modern pins of and Im all about that!

Edit: I sure can talk about pins for ages lol!

• I.Am.Chalk said:

@Perpetual_Fighter

Ive never seen those before, they look super cute! I totally feel you, there's disney bootleg pins which are A LOT cheaper BUT then I kind of feel awful buying them because Im feeding the seller money for their "fakes". That's normally how I get my super rare ones as well, or opportunity drawings (pretty much a raffle; small amount of money from various people, one person wins the item).
    Actually, in Germany the only pins they ever seem to have are these "ProPins", so they sell for super cheap (about £2 - £10 each; translates to $2.35 USD - $11.75 USD). They are super rare in the United States (among a few other countries) and can be worth up to $100 USD, give or take. I got 40 of them from bidding on eBay for about $60 USD (one of the pins by itself is worth $75 USD)... and then the rest I got from a new pin collecting friend who lives in Germany so I got those at their normal rate (£2 each).
    The funny thing is that my family had gone to a collectibles event and someone was selling ProPins for a couple cents a piece thinking they were "scrappers" (disney term for bootleg) so my family grabbed a couple cute ones for me... turns out they were super rare, expensive ProPins (and one was even a prototype!).
    Selling pins is currently my main source of income, so I wont be keeping all 100... but definitely quite a few of them! They are very vintage looking & normally have unique characters that there arent many modern pins of and Im all about that!

Edit: I sure can talk about pins for ages lol!

I completely feel you, I can talk about my figures for hours on end if I was instructed to talk about them haha. I am trying to cut back on buying them cause I'm trying to save money and be more reasonable with my spending, but they're just so cute! And they have Disney figures too, brownie points man. They just released Tinker bell, Belle, Ariel and Rapunzel. (I may or may not have them on pre-order) and they have already released Anna and Elsa from Frozen. I'll show a picture below. As for bootlegs, I totally feel you. I have a few bootlegs myself because sometimes that's the only way I can get a figure either because of rarity or price. A girl doesn't want to blow $100 on the daily for a bunch of cute figures, I seldom spend more than $50 on one sole figure unless I want it very bad. Bootlegs also can look really odd unless it's a good quality one, they can look like the figures have some sort of face deformity and just overall aren't cute and paint defects are all over them. I get what you're saying about bootlegs and giving the seller money and credit in a way for something an actual company put forth actual effort and money into, I think similar. I think it's important to support the real companies, as we wouldn't have the creation at all without their creativity. Wow you did get lucky with those pins! $60 for 40 doesn't sound bad at all, even if they weren't extremely rare sounds super reasoanable. I'd imagine how exciting that is! Your family got lucky as well! Good thing they know about your collection haha, does that mean they're supportive of it? My parents don't like my figure collecting but since it's my money they can't really do much haha.
    Here's the picture of the Disney nendos (short for nendoroids haha.)

IMG_7625
  • edited December 2017
    Jessizoid said:

Aaaaah I love Nendoroids! I've always wanted to try and collect some, but I don't have enough room to display them LOL. I currently have 2 non-Nendoroid anime figures at home, but I don't consider myself a collector.

Lol! Sounds like you do need to be home soon, I'd like to see! And I'd love to see the anime figures as well :o are they scale figures? Or prize figures etc? Either way would love to see. I am trying to expand my collection from nendoroids, one day I will post all of my current nendos on here but I'm lazy so you only get 6 for now XD

@Perpetual_Fighter LOL yeah I am really looking forward to being home right now. Only a few more days and then I can finally relax!
    The figures I have are scale figures. I don't remember the exact size, I think they're 1/10 scale? I'll definitely share a picture of the two I have. :)
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• I.Am.Chalk said:

Im sure people have heard about my obsession with pins... so here is my public statement lol :)

Spoiler:

PhotoGrid_1512710859430
    PhotoGrid_1512710732773
    PhotoGrid_1512710771711
    PhotoGrid_1512710756777
    PhotoGrid_1512710827870
    PhotoGrid_1512710844491
    PhotoGrid_1512710796915
    PhotoGrid_1512710786765
    PhotoGrid_1512710813785

@I.Am.Chalk Omg I completely forgot about Disney pins! You're collection is so nice! I was actually inspired by collections like these to start up my own pin collection a few years ago. I only have about 50 pins, half of them being Disney, but I hope to get more in the future!
    Also, WOW. 100 new pins for your collection? That is pretty exciting! How many do you have in total, if you don't mind me asking?
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• Jessizoid said:

Jessizoid said:

@Perpetual_Fighter LOL yeah I am really looking forward to being home right now. Only a few more days and then I can finally relax!
    The figures I have are scale figures. I don't remember the exact size, I think they're 1/10 scale? I'll definitely share a picture of the two I have. :)

Oooh fun, I can't wait to see!

• edited December 2017
    @Perpetual_Fighter
    Oh my goodness those are too cute!! Yes they are entirely supportive of it, everyone in my "home" family collects something (pretty much Funko Pops). Sometimes they think Im crazy when I buy one pin thats crazy expensive (they wont spend more than $100 on a collectible; until recently for a xmas present which ended up being $300 for one item). They are more supportive now that I sell pins as well. I quit my job to focus on my "small businesses" flipping collectibles and ceramics. The last two days I made about $500 - $600 which is way more than I would have made at my previous job.
    I am actually considering also starting up a "at cost" Walt Disney World merch. pick-up business as well now that I have an annual pass.

@Jessizoid
    Thank you! They suck you in thats for sure! You see a few pictures and then its over with lol! Im actually at roughly 102 pins in my collection, not including the 100 from germany!

Edit: something cut my post off... rewriting now.

• I.Am.Chalk said:

@Perpetual_Fighter
    Oh my goodness those are too cute!! Yes they are entirely supportive of it, everyone in my "home" family collects something (pretty much Funko Pops). Sometimes they think Im crazy when I buy one pin thats crazy expensive (they wont spend more than $100 on a collectible; until recently for a xmas present which ended up being $300 for one item). They are more supportive now that I sell pins as well. I quit my job to focus on my "small businesses" flipping collectibles and ceramics. The last two days I made about $500 - $600 which is way more than I would have made at my previous job.
    I am actually considering also starting up a "at cost" Walt Disney World merch. pick-up business as well now that I have an annual pass.

@Jessizoid
    Thank you! They suck you in thats for sure! You see a few pictures and then its over with lol! Im actually at roughly 102 pins in my collection, not including the 100 from germany!

Oh wow haha $300, that's bonkers! (who uses bonkers anymore...? me apparently) Wow! $500-600 in two days? That must be heavenly! What exactly did you sell if you don't mind me asking? I've been thinking of re-painting some of my nendos. I have heard of people doing it with dolls, I wonder what it would be like with a nendo. But I'm not very good at painting or drawing on a surface so I'm not sure how well it would turn out lol. I guess I should try and find out, maybe if I got really good at it, I could sell some for some profit. I like your entire family collects, that's pretty neat. Mine find collections ridiculous and silly and a waste of time. 
  • edited December 2017
    Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

@Perpetual_Fighter

@Jessizoid

Oh wow haha $300, that's bonkers! (who uses bonkers anymore...? me apparently) Wow! $500-600 in two days? That must be heavenly! What exactly did you sell if you don't mind me asking? I've been thinking of re-painting some of my nendos. I have heard of people doing it with dolls, I wonder what it would be like with a nendo. But I'm not very good at painting or drawing on a surface so I'm not sure how well it would turn out lol. I guess I should try and find out, maybe if I got really good at it, I could sell some for some profit. I like your entire family collects, that's pretty neat. Mine find collections ridiculous and silly and a waste of time. 
    They are actually in the pictures I posted.
    1. Lion King Movie Pin (on the white lanyard, showing pumba/simba/timon) @ $200 -- Those pins have a piece of film laminated in them, each movie has a different scene; some are rarer than others. They are called "Piece of Disney Movie" pins. Tons of variety and they are absolutely gorgeous! I use to have one of each, but got bored of them and moved to a new collection.
    2. The big golden castle 50th brooch @ $190 -- This brooch was worn by the cast member princesses during Disneyland's 50th anniversary, there was one for: Cinderella (the one I had), Snow White, Belle, and Aurora. There's also the 3 gemstone 50s and the small castle that other "face" cast members wore. The princess brooches normally sell for about $400+ but mine was missing the brooch on the back & a blue gemstone. I also found one on eBay that looked different than these but the seller has them at $1000 each (which I'm not willing to pay lol), they had small roses & little vines on them... not sure where those originated (maybe some kind of knock off?).
    3. Some other small pins too, they add up quick lol! Sold various ones between $5 - $40 each.

disney

• I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

@Perpetual_Fighter

@Jessizoid

1. Lion King Movie Pin (on the white lanyard, showing pumba/simba/timon) @ $200 -- Those pins have a piece of film laminated in them, each movie has a different scene; some are rarer than others. They are called "Piece of Disney Movie" pins. Tons of variety and they are absolutely gorgeous! I use to have one of each, but got bored of them and moved to a new collection.
    2. The big golden castle 50th brooch @ $190 -- This brooch was worn by the cast member princesses during Disneyland's 50th anniversary, there was one for: Cinderella (the one I had), Snow White, Belle, and Aurora. There's also the 3 gemstone 50s and the small castle that other "face" cast members wore. The princess brooches normally sell for about $400+ but mine was missing the brooch on the back & a blue gemstone. I also found one on eBay that looked different than these but the seller has them at $1000 each (which I'm not willing to pay lol), they had small roses & little vines on them... not sure where those originated (maybe some kind of knock off?).
    3. Some other small pins too, they add up quick lol! Sold various ones between $5 - $40 each.

disney
    Wow those are very beautiful! (and pricey) Do you ever actually wear/use these anywhere or on anything? or are they strictly just for display and collecting?
  • Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

@Perpetual_Fighter

@Jessizoid

disney
    Wow those are very beautiful! (and pricey) Do you ever actually wear/use these anywhere or on anything? or are they strictly just for display and collecting?
    Yes! I wear a lanyard (the necklaces seen in one of the pictures) to the parks, pin events, sometimes on the collar of my shirts, yada yada. I switch them up :) I normally wrap the more expensive pins in baseball card plastic so they don't get scratched up if they are on a lanyard.

• I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

@Perpetual_Fighter

@Jessizoid

disney
    Yes! I wear a lanyard (the necklaces seen in one of the pictures) to the parks, pin events, sometimes on the collar of my shirts, yada yada. I switch them up :) I normally wrap the more expensive pins in baseball card plastic so they don't get scratched up if they are on a lanyard.
    Wow, that's really smart - wrapping them in plastic! How do you do that? do you cut it around the pin's shape or just buy it in squares and put the pin inside? I don't know how that all works haha. But I think it's awesome you actually make use of them!
  • Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

@Perpetual_Fighter

@Jessizoid

disney
    Wow, that's really smart - wrapping them in plastic! How do you do that? do you cut it around the pin's shape or just buy it in squares and put the pin inside? I don't know how that all works haha. But I think it's awesome you actually make use of them!
    I just put the pins in the square and fold up the excess behind them :) Ill show a picture of one later. I took all the wraps off them when I got home from Disney this past trip. I heard someone has used shrinky dink plastic... but not sure how I feel about putting my pins in heat LOL.

• I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I.Am.Chalk said:

@Perpetual_Fighter

@Jessizoid

disney
    I just put the pins in the square and fold up the excess behind them :) Ill show a picture of one later. I took all the wraps off them when I got home from Disney this past trip. I heard someone has used shrinky dink plastic... but not sure how I feel about putting my pins in heat LOL.
    Ooh awesome, can't wait to see! And oh haha I definitely understand the heat can possibly ruin the paint or metal or whatever the pins are made of! 
  • I also collect nendoroids. I think their so cute and I have about 10 or 11 of them now, Not sure if if per will ever see this message but I like to ask if she knows about nendoroid dolls.
    cutelina
  • I've never heard of nendoroids!  Where are they from?
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Blossomflower said:

I've never heard of nendoroids!  Where are they from?

they are four inch japanese figures made by goodsmile company. Their typically based on anime characters but they also made marvel, dc, star wars, pixar, and disney figures along with figures from well known video games. 
    cutelina
  • cute_lina said:

Blossomflower said:

they are four inch japanese figures made by goodsmile company. Their typically based on anime characters but they also made marvel, dc, star wars, pixar, and disney figures along with figures from well known video games. 
    I think I've seen those in the store!

I didn't even know they were collectible!  How long have they been making them?
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • wow! Im so glad this post circled back around. I cant believe how much my collecting has grown since 2017!!!
    :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

• cute_lina said:

I also collect nendoroids. I think their so cute and I have about 10 or 11 of them now, Not sure if if per will ever see this message but I like to ask if she knows about nendoroid dolls.

I love nendoroids. I only own one since they’re high quality figures/expensive, I never really got more (although there’s many I’d like)
  • Blossomflower said:

cute_lina said:

Blossomflower said:

I think I've seen those in the store!

I didn't even know they were collectible!  How long have they been making them?
    since 2006
    cutelina
  • I did have a decent collection of Mickey ears going, until I realized that most of the parks outside the US aren't big into ears... I thought that was wild!

one of my old roommates and I had an 'around-the-world' Disney trip last year and we hit every park in 18 days, so I thought it would be great to buy a pair of ears and a pin with the name of each park as my collection to commemorate the wild travels, except most parks didn't carry ears (other than headbands, if that), and Tokyo isn't huge on pins in the first place so I couldn't even find a pin with each park's name on it... bummer!

what was even more wild was that there were no pins in FL that said magic kingdom -- I thought that was insane.  if I can remember, I'll take some pics and add them!