VFK Halloween Contest Judging!

Comments

• I hope I can do better this time then I did last time. I really want to out do myself.i feel really nervous right now because I feel like I'm not doing very well. 
    cutelina
  • I am not judging this time because I didn't make an entry this time. I just here to say good luck to everyone who made an entry and get a couple things off my mind. I didn't make an entry this time for many reasons but one was I can never seem to improve my entries any; I really thought I improved with my sandcastle entry but I didn't. I don't care if I place high I just want to see some evidence that I am improving but it so hard for me to get anywhere. Could I get any advice.
  • Perpetual_Fighter said:

Jessizoid said:

Also I'd just like to touch on the topic of IP Addresses.

While it wouldn't be logical for a family-centered game to permit only one account per IP to enter the contest, I think it's a good start.
    But unfortunately, there are these things called VPNs that can allow people to bypass this hypothetical rule.
    Virtual Private Networks, VPNs for short, are usually a paid service that allows its subscribers to pretty much change their IP address for privacy purposes.
    Of course, not everyone with a VPN lacks moral standards and has the intention to cheat the system, but I'm sure most would try.

...yeah, just wanted to educate. :)
    Wow super informative, had no idea. Thank you for this!
    No problem ^^ I happen to be a VPN user while I'm at school, so I figured I'd share info with those that aren't aware.  :)
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• EleanorRose said:

Yes the staff weed through the clone rooms so no need to worry about it..It all fair.. :)

I dont think they weeded out the clone rooms..  Most of the ones I judged were random junk thrown in a room just for the judging ability and prizes.  I saw only about 4 rooms where people actually participated in the competition.

I know someone who entered 10 rooms just to be able to judge some of the best rooms with 0 stars just so they would NOT place... smh

some things just never change..

i personally think staff should judge these rooms, at least then they would truly weed out the junk rooms from those who consistently participate, and maybe for once the true entries would win.

just my opinion 
    ;;)
  • icywater_princess said:

EleanorRose said:

Yes the staff weed through the clone rooms so no need to worry about it..It all fair.. :)

I dont think they weeded out the clone rooms..  Most of the ones I judged were random junk thrown in a room just for the judging ability and prizes.  I saw only about 4 rooms where people actually participated in the competition.

I know someone who entered 10 rooms just to be able to judge some of the best rooms with 0 stars just so they would NOT place... smh

some things just never change..

i personally think staff should judge these rooms, at least then they would truly weed out the junk rooms from those who consistently participate, and maybe for once the true entries would win.

just my opinion 
    ;;)
    I think VFK should set up the system so it detects rooms with a lot of furniture in it that received ratings with low or 0 star ratings and if they detect that someone rated an amazing room 0 stars or something that is very low (which was someone trying to vote well built rooms bad), they first should cancel the vote, and if they detect this player is going through the well built rooms and giving them all low ratings so they don't do well, they should throw them out of the contest.
  • @millsfan the rooms always look fairly judged in the end, maybe they do something like this already?
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Actually from all the years I've been doing this, I have never seen "clone" rooms place. A few years ago I used to get lots of EMPTY colonial rooms which has since stopped and now I tend to get the better rooms. So the staff do get rid of most of the fake entries I believe. I'm about 100% sure that the staff makes it fair for those who did actually enter and worked hard on their entry. :D
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • What rooms have been your favorite so far, everybody? :D
  • edited November 2017
    Omg I saw so many great rooms this year!! I have to say though, I love the pumpkin patches people did!!
  • I don't remember the name of the room, but it was a farmhouse scene. Absolutely beautiful! It didn't even feel like a VFK room at all. I really hope that one places in 1st place!
  • SouthernSkyes said:

I don't remember the name of the room, but it was a farmhouse scene. Absolutely beautiful! It didn't even feel like a VFK room at all. I really hope that one places in 1st place!

I saw that one too I believe. 
    cutelina
  • littledasiy said:

I am not judging this time because I didn't make an entry this time. I just here to say good luck to everyone who made an entry and get a couple things off my mind. I didn't make an entry this time for many reasons but one was I can never seem to improve my entries any; I really thought I improved with my sandcastle entry but I didn't. I don't care if I place high I just want to see some evidence that I am improving but it so hard for me to get anywhere. Could I get any advice.

Hey!! If you want to participate in the next contest let me know! I can help you and give some advice based on what the next contest is! :)

• I worked really hard on my room and even had Ormonddude give me advice. I'm on a list finally but am slowly going down. I'm afraid to look again so will wait till the judging ends to see if I stayed on.
    There must always be blood, lots of blood!

I'm a lttle teapot short and stout!
  • My favorite room was designed like an abandoned-haunted library. Soooo nice.
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• I have loved the pumpkin patches and graveyards so far! I am not on the list (my rooms are never too fancy, lol) but I love doing room competitions for fun. The farm room everyone is talking about was soooo awesome!

1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Teapotprincess said:

I worked really hard on my room and even had Ormonddude give me advice. I'm on a list finally but am slowly going down. I'm afraid to look again so will wait till the judging ends to see if I stayed on.

Woot that was nice of him to help!! Good luck Tea!! :D
  • Just saw a really awesome Diagon Alley Harry Potter room!!
  • Got the most hilarious room when judging! I have a strong feeling it's a clone room and I actually don't like clone rooms being entered either... but I will say... I applaud this room for being SO FUNNY! :O

23261914_1955112077837840_585290141_o

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• edited November 2017
    Side Note: I have seen clone rooms place more than once. I even know one
    of the players in which their clone room placed and she was surprised
    it did. She is an honest player so I know she didn't boost her clone's score but still it placed for some reason or another. Also, she is a friend of mine though so I won't say the title out of
    respect for them. So yes clone rooms are not all getting weeded out of
    contest and do place in contest. I think it's just easier sometimes for
    many to assume the contest is fair when in many ways it really isn't.

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• edited November 2017
    @waterfallglow I wouldn't say the contest isn't fair if a clone room places, some people can put a lot of work into a clone room, if it wins fairly I don't see a problem with it.

VFK seems to expand the places depending on the number of quality entries, so if there are more 1st quality rooms there are usually more people in first place. I remember when they took the top 100 best rooms and broke them out 20 per place, then it was changed to 125, so one couldn't say that a lesser quality room would win if a better quality clone room was entered.

If the room is better it's better and deserves a place, because that person put time into it.
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Love that room! @waterfallglow
    I've been refreshing the score list on and off again and I've noticed some clones too, mainly by the similar names. It's frustrating, but I think if a majority of people found their room good enough for it to place then that's fair. I think my main worry was that clones can boost the main player's score, which gives them a small advantage.
    I have also seen some clones being removed though. Which makes me think that the staff is weeding out some of them.
  • edited November 2017
    @SouthernSkyes and @Blossomflower

Yes, if they try a lot with their clone rooms that may be a little different perhaps, I do not know. I have not thought about that side enough to really consider that factor into the mix of things. From what I have seen in the past, most clone rooms I have come across are just entered for extra judging prizes and no effort is put into their rooms. I also have seen "no effort" clone rooms surprisingly place sometimes which might be as Southern Skyes said.. players boosting their clone room or main players score. That being a big concern as she stated.That or perhaps a few other reasons come to my mind which I won't get into. I don't know for sure if that is why they placed because in the end.. it's just a theory. Most of the time I am just left completely confused and wondering why they placed. Sometimes they place even higher than rooms I felt deserved a much higher ranking which confuses me even more. This is not ALWAYS the case but it does happen.

waterfallglow signature

• waterfallglow said:

Got the most hilarious room when judging! I have a strong feeling it's a clone room and I actually don't like clone rooms being entered either... but I will say... I applaud this room for being SO FUNNY! :O

23261914_1955112077837840_585290141_o

Omg! HAHAHAHA! If I would have gotten that room, I probably would have given it lots of stars for creativity. Never seen nothing like that, it's pretty funny and original, would never think to do something like that. Thanks so much for sharing, had a good laugh!

• @Perpetual_Fighter yes it was pretty funny when I saw the room too. The idea itself is funny and creative at least... I will say that much.

waterfallglow signature

• CandyCars said:

littledasiy said:

I am not judging this time because I didn't make an entry this time. I just here to say good luck to everyone who made an entry and get a couple things off my mind. I didn't make an entry this time for many reasons but one was I can never seem to improve my entries any; I really thought I improved with my sandcastle entry but I didn't. I don't care if I place high I just want to see some evidence that I am improving but it so hard for me to get anywhere. Could I get any advice.

Hey!! If you want to participate in the next contest let me know! I can help you and give some advice based on what the next contest is! :)

I would like that; that you :)
  • edited November 2017
    @waterfallglow I don't know anything on how things work, my big brother does all the computer stuff!  But I think when some rooms place higher than you think or lower isnt that eye of the beholder stuff?  I mean we only get 50 rooms to judge out of hundreds!  if your room line up were more simple rooms if you came across one that was better than you'd give it all stars because it was the best one you saw not the best in the world of rooms.

I try really hard to be fair to everyone when im judging because I know how it feels to have everyone think your a clone room.  I agree with blossom if someone put work into the room no matter who they are, work is work and so is time and it counts :)

If you had a box of fruit and someone said to line them up in order of the way you wanted (OOOOO) your line up would be different compared to everyone elses (OOOOO), and that is how I see the rooms in the contest.  Everyone would have them in a different order but the order they end up in isn't so bad it's just one way of arranging them!

I LOVE ALL THE ROOMS YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING!  OMG!! - HUGS!! - Happy judging!!!

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• edited November 2017
    Lol so idk if anyone else saw but there was a huge random drop on the leaderboards.
    I literally went from place 99 to 137 in the span of five minutes. :-$

EDIT: Literally just moved back up to 98. My poor anxious heart.
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• Jessizoid said:

Lol so idk if anyone else saw but there was a huge random drop on the leaderboards.

I literally went from place 99 to 137 in the span of five minutes. :-$

EDIT: Literally just moved back up to 98. My poor anxious heart.
    My heart literally dropped when I saw that too! Talk about a scare. I also keep seeing people fly up the board too. I can't wait for the judging to be over.
  • Okay, now that judging is officially over I can now share my room!

Death by Halloween Chocolate

On the night of Halloween, a rich young girl was turning the age of third.team. Being the kind to love sweets, she had asked for a huge chocolate cake as part of her birthday. Well, she ate so much chocolate at the party that she went into chocolate shock and passed out! Before she knew it, she had turned into a ghost that now haunts her massive mansion she once lived in. They say every Halloween night she comes out in a continuous search for the chocolate she had so desired before. She will even eat your Halloween chocolate if you are not careful! So beware.. If your chocolate candy goes missing, you just might know why. Muahahaha!!!!!

Death by Halloween Chocolate

waterfallglow signature

• I wanted to say something about the clones and the contests ...

first .. i love building .. i have soo many ideas and things inside me that want to come out .. and building is the way i express it ... i have a testing room where i practice putting weird things together .. to see what it looks like .. 
    it how i turned a skull into a car .. where i turned tables and wave couch into the Santa's sleigh ... where i make a wall piece turn into a hula dancer ... 

building one room ...doesn't let me test my ideas .. to see how ppl like them .. so i am one who builds on clones ... i love building ... get lost in it .. find me in it ... i watch how ppl choose which room they like ... and think about what made that won go over another ... for me .. contest not about just the trophy .. it about seeing ppl enjoy a room .. hear them talk about it ... 

my clone rooms are not "just a throw together" room .. they look no different that another persons main room ... because i put tons effort into them .. often i thinking about the rooms a year ahead of time ... some of them i practice building over and over .. seeing what works best ... each clone room often has something .. could be a tile pattern .. a new way to build a wall or window .. or ride support system .. things that i later might put together in a room on my main ... 

also .. i love the contest items the staff gives us ... being able to have more of them .. so i can build more .. is another reason i like to make clone rooms .. and still my clone rooms not just a throw together room .. 

another reason i love building .. it keeps me busy for a week or too of intense building ... where it helps me not focus on my illness ... but intensely focus on building and my love for building ... my contest room this year would not have been possible if i had not worked on several clone rooms in previous contests .. where i learned about ride supports ... and unusual ways to make them work around buildings .. i was almost not able to build it this year ... cause i had done things separately on clones for different parts of the room .. and not realized that if i build a ton of ride on space blocks .. i would not be able see my towers if i used space blocks to put up the snakes around it ... that's when i remembered the floating ice tiles .. and thankfully was able use them to wrap around the building

also a point of information .. just cause u have clones doesn't mean they will see any of your own contest rooms .. .. the best part of having clones .. is being able see tons of rooms .. and learning from each of the rooms i see .. like this year .. i loved the idea of that car made with the floatie tires .. omg .. perfect .. and sooo perfect for other things now that i seen that room ... 

it not that i want trophy or stuff .. just .. i love building .. and testing building ideas .. and pushing ME to the limits .. and when i start .. i cant stop .. till the rooms lock ... so plz .. give clones a chance ..