IDEA: VFK Wikipedia

A long time ago a fan forum had created a VFK Wikipedia that everyone contributed to and loved. I personally used it daily to figure out what items I was missing and what certain things came from if I couldn't remember. Unfortunately, after all these years that wikipedia page has been shut down and now I have to find items by word of mouth or from other players who have complete sets...

I would love to see VFK make an official wikipedia page to help us track items, especially since staff/host have the items themselves, it will definitely take time but I would love to see another page up and running. VFK could also take on volunteers that would help add items to the page (I was one of the wiki editors on the previous page). I thought it was so much fun seeing my work (and fellow editors' work) go to use.

**Thank you for your consideration**

Comments

• Wow that's an awesome idea!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• I used to use it as well, it was SUPER useful!!! I think this is an amazing idea! I would definitely contribute to it if they decide to make this website/idea!!! 

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • edited August 2017
    Does anyone know how much money it was to keep insider/Vfk wiki running? Also, has anyone found out if the site not being up was due to money, or the site owners just not being around/realizing they didn't pay

If we can't have the Vfk wiki we had, that stinks.. it is a cool thing to look at! The official Vfk staff are really busy, and although I'd love an official wiki, being realistic, they're too busy to manage another page
  • edited August 2017
    I think any new page Vfk would make would be cool, but they really have their hands full and I don't know if they can take on another project now since they're doing a lot
  • Well if they site is actually down, why can't we start a temporary wiki on miss clue?  I know Fowzy has a page of all the magics in VFK I could start posting newsletters each day!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• I know what fan forum you are talking about! Just a few weeks ago that forum shut down.. not sure if it's going to come back or not. I guess the wiki shut down as well with it. I think @iStella has a good idea on making a wiki on Miss Clue! 
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • Maybe a discussion for each letter of each item? Maybe we could use a # infront of the word so people can search up EX: #NixieShorts Nixie shorts would be the first thing in the search engine.

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • millsfan said:

Does anyone know how much money it was to keep insider/Vfk wiki running? Also, has anyone found out if the site not being up was due to money, or the site owners just not being around/realizing they didn't pay

If we can't have the Vfk wiki we had, that stinks.. it is a cool thing to look at! The official Vfk staff are really busy, and although I'd love an official wiki, being realistic, they're too busy to manage another page

It depends on what program they were paying for; Most expensive is 15.95/mo for renewal. I'm sure it was that they just flat out stopped paying for it, because they would of had to set up a auto-renewal...not to mention there wasn't a constant flow of traffic on that site anymore once miss clue opened like their forum with trading, general, ideas, etc.
    millsfan said:

I think any new page Vfk would make would be cool, but they really have their hands full and I don't know if they can take on another project now since they're doing a lot

I think you underestimate staff to be honest, I feel they are way more far ahead than any of us think in terms of events/releases/memberships & books. If they recognize this idea and bring it to life, I'm sure it wouldn't be too long before we see it.
    iStella said:

Well if they site is actually down, why can't we start a temporary wiki on miss clue?  I know Fowzy has a page of all the magics in VFK I could start posting newsletters each day!

I did not recognize people were doing this on here, maybe we could get a subcategory for a wiki style forum page. That would definitely work.
    Super_Princess_Rosalina said:

I know what fan forum you are talking about! Just a few weeks ago that forum shut down.. not sure if it's going to come back or not. I guess the wiki shut down as well with it. I think @iStella has a good idea on making a wiki on Miss Clue! 

The Wikipedia was actually the original VFKForums which insider took over (both have been shut down). The wikipedia page was connected to their hostgator plan, so when they stopped paying both got shut down.
    SportyChic said:

Maybe a discussion for each letter of each item? Maybe we could use a # infront of the word so people can search up EX: #NixieShorts Nixie shorts would be the first thing in the search engine.

Maybe hmmm...

• I'm planning on finishing my VFK enchantments today.  Here is my plan:

• Everyone who wants to be a part of the new Miss Clue VFK Wiki can join.
    • We can start a landing thread which will be nothing but indexing new posts and putting in links to discussions.
    • The Indexing discussion It will by started by brand new VFK character, and the login info for that character will be posted for everyone to see in the Wiki Club so they can edit the page or even start new discussions so when people view that persons page all the important discussions.

I really like you idea @i.am.chalk doe the sub category but I think before we can ask Staff we have to have a good start at the wiki so they know we are serious.  They wouldn't want to add it for us and then have it be dead with no posts

Let me know your thoughts guys!  I think this could work!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • Oh what a fantastic idea! I don't see why we shouldn't ask staff.. :)
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • Fowzy said:

I'm planning on finishing my VFK enchantments today.  Here is my plan:

• Everyone who wants to be a part of the new Miss Clue VFK Wiki can join.
    • We can start a landing thread which will be nothing but indexing new posts and putting in links to discussions.
    • The Indexing discussion It will by started by brand new VFK character, and the login info for that character will be posted for everyone to see in the Wiki Club so they can edit the page or even start new discussions so when people view that persons page all the important discussions.

I really like you idea @i.am.chalk doe the sub category but I think before we can ask Staff we have to have a good start at the wiki so they know we are serious.  They wouldn't want to add it for us and then have it be dead with no posts

Let me know your thoughts guys!  I think this could work!

Love the idea! :) Especially with the shared wiki account...I think this might just work!

• I'd love to help!  Just point me at a subject!
    skylambsignature
  • edited August 2017
    Okay here is the WikiMaster!  (we can change his title later if we want)  I will be starting a discussion which will be the Hub for all VFK wiki posts!

I will be starting a group message with the people who voiced that they were interested in the WIKI program!

fowzy
  • If its not too late I would like to help! 
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • Okay I'll add you to the private message page @Super_Princess_Rosalina!
  • I am able to help :D

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • Okay you should have the private message now!
  • edited August 2017
    @SportyChic, you're also included!
  • Hey everyone, sorry I am late to the party. Just wanted to let you know Insider closed due to all of us being in college and no longer having the time to maintain the site. Also; one of the staff members had a falling out. 

If you guys would like the last wiki backup I have, please let me know. It has files I'm sure would be helpful.