~MYTH~ (Season 1, Part 3)

The night a couple of weeks ago had seemed like a dream to Scarlet, almost too amazing to be true. Still, she didn't know what the beautiful creature was. Perhaps a mutated, overgrown seahorse? No, that wasn't it. Scarlet could never stop thinking about. All day, she wouldn't stop talking about it. Brook was amazed, and always wanted to hear what her cousin had to tell about this "aquatic horse". 

Matthew, on the other hand, started to become quite concerned. Scarlet must have gone insane! Horses underwater? With the tail of a fish? Impossible. He had only heard of such things in books or in movies, which were all fiction, of course. What was Scarlet going to say next? That she saw the Loch Ness Monster swimming in the town's public pool, or that she saw Bigfoot prancing around at the park? Or perhaps maybe even aliens invading the Earth! Matthew didn't want to think badly of Scarlet, but he couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong with his poor cousin.

Scene: Matthew wishes to have a conversation with Scarlet

Matthew: Hey uh, Scarlet?

Scarlet: -Putting down the book she was reading- Hey Matthew.

Matthew: Can I ask you something?

Scarlet: Sure, what is it?

Matthew: It's about what you saw in the water.. How do you know it wasn't just a fish?

Scarlet: Well, it was part fish, obviously. 

Matthew: Scar! Do you hear what you're saying? This sounds crazy!

Scarlet: I know that it's hard to believe... But I saw it, I know that I did.

Matthew: -Sighs- You're really starting to scare me, Scarlet. 

Scarlet: Don't worry Matthew, there's nothing to be worried about. Somehow, I'll prove to you that what I saw is real.

Night came, and everyone was asleep, except for... Lizzy and Jack Anderson. You may have thought that Scarlet would be the one awake at this hour, hoping to see the creature again, but Lizzy and Jack had a very important task to do... For the safety of the children. They went outside to the shore. With them they brought an old book, some carrots, and also a flashlight.

Jack took out the flashlight and started to flash it at the water repeatedly. Meanwhile, Lizzy was reading from the book, calling out these chants: "Hippocampus! I summon thee!" or "Deep in the ocean you lurk, Hippocampus, but come to the surface now." 

Finally, a large figure could be seen in the water swimming towards Lizzy and Jack. It was the creature, or as I should say now, the hippocampus, or hippocamp for short. A hippocampus is a creature that is part horse, part fish. It has the ability to swim rapidly through the water, and can sometimes naturally enchant those who witness it with its beauty. 

Lizzy: So... You're finally here, after all of these years. -She bends down and pets the hippocamp-

Jack: But how did it find us? It must have came all the way from Myth! 

Lizzy: -She shrugs her shoulders- I don't know, Jack. But the point is, it's here now, and Scarlet has seen it.

Jack: What are we going to do? What if there are more creatures lurking in the water? What next, a sea serpent?

Lizzy: Let's not forget about the land dwellers... Even if more creatures are here, we must do everything we can to keep them away. 

Jack: We'll also have to keep the children away from THEM.

Lizzy: Yes, of course we will.

Little did they know, they weren't the only ones awake. When they had left the inside of their home, they accidentally woke up Brook. Brook followed them outside, and there, she witnessed, and heard, everything. It is impossible to tell you how much elation (and also confusion) Brook felt. She knew it, they exist... She wanted to run up to her aunt and uncle and ask them many questions, about the hippocamp, and all other creatures. However, she knew that it would be best to keep this a secret for now. Although, she would tell Scarlet and Matthew everything that she had heard the next day.

Stay tuned for Season 1, Part 4!

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

Tagged:

Comments