help those in need.

I've been thinking a lot really and so far I have figured out that I am just one of the few lucky ones who actually has a home and a family that can support me financially. But there are many people out there who are struggling to make ends meet because they have been laid off work for some reason and many of them have families and young children to support. I see people out on the streets every time I go out just begging for help and their pleas for help are to often ignored and everytime I see them I just want to help them because I have so many things while they have so little and they may be in danger of being thrown out of their homes because they can't pay the rent and they might have their children taken away by the state because they can't feed or shelter them. I know when that happens that many of them will in up in jail for not paying bills that they don't have the money to pay them or end up in one of the local homeless shelters (or as I call them rat holes) and their children might end up in foster care until they turn eighteen and they won't see them again. I can tell they would rather die than have any of those possibilities happen to them. Many people who ignore them believe that they might spend their money on drugs or alcohol just because they are considered to be lower class in truth not all of them are like that because they may have been at one time decent working people who ran into some bad luck and are trying to keep their families together. What I am asking of you is that if you see someone out on the street who is struggling to make ends meet don't ignore them try to help them in any way you can because you shouldn't judge a person by their outward appearance for true beauty is found within a person's heart and soul.

Comments

• that's wonderful @Rhodopis I'm sure my family will help in any way they can!
    skylambsignature
  • This is so touching, thank you for writing it @Rhodopis!  I know my friend's dad visits downtown when he can to help people who are struggling and living on the streets, he's a really nice guy!
    gl with helping those in your neighborhood!

yellow :)
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture