College Plans

edited December 2016 in General
Okay so my dream for the future is to graduate, go to Vanderbilt University, and become some sort of doctor.

Well my parents started talking to me out of the blue saying that I couldn't go. They're perfectly okay with letting Seth go to some school in Oregon (if he gets a scholarship) and they're letting Austin join the Navy but they don't want me going to the city because "I'll get hurt."

I asked them what makes them think that sense Austin will end up going to war someday. She said it's because I'm a girl. Now normally I don't care if a girl can do something or not but this makes me mad. I've wanted to do this since I was ten. I love cities and Nashville is my favorite. It's only five hours from us.

So I asked if I could go to a Texas Institute instead. They asked where it was and I said Dallas. They said no.

They can't stop me from going where I want. If I have to I'll get a scholarship to a university in Australian just to spite them. I don't want to go to South Carolina and live with my aunt while attending some cheap college. That isn't going to get me into med school. I want to go to a big city and they said the only way I could do that is if I go to Harvard. I don't want to go to Harvard. I want to go where I want to go.

I'll be eighteen, I can do what I want. They said I'll get killed or drugged or kidnapped. I honestly don't care. That can happen ANYWHERE, not just Nashville.

I hate being told what to do when it's my life. They also want me to be a lawyer, not a doctor. I don't want to be a lawyer.

Oh and my dad suggested a military medic like him. Hello? Going to war is more dangerous than moving to a city. I don't want to go to the military. I wouldn't make it through boot camp honestly.

-_- whatever. I've got five years to go. I'm not changing my mind unless it's by my own self. I hate it.
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Well things are so dangerous right now!  And it's true it's dangerous everywhere but right now you're with your parents and family so they probably feel safe with you there.  But like you said it's 5 years from now so a lot can happen, and hopefully things will get better and if they do I'm sure they'll change their mind! :)

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• @goldenpuppy they act like I can't defend myself. I hate it. My brothers even sided with them. Staying and going to the colleges near us isn't going to get me anywhere. They're small and they're terrible.
  • I'm sure things will be different when you actually turn 18 :)

• edited December 2016
    we are actually really close to the same age, but I think I'm several months younger than you!  I hate it when parents say that, but I know they love me and I can do so many more things now than they would let me do before, so I know things can change and do!

• @goldenpuppy thanks. I just need to chill. 'Y anger has been flying around this past month. Short temper lol
  • Maybe with Christmas things will get less stressful!

• edited December 2016
    I totally agree with puppy, I mean, parents are just like everyone else.  They only think about the present and letting you go to a city by yourself at the moment would be out of the question so they think it would be the same later O_o  I mean seriously, like mentioned above, things change!  I'm going to get married too and they wouldn't let me do that right now either lol!

I always wonder why we can see that and parents can't, maybe they forget because they aren't kids anymore?

anyway, definitely rant it totally helps at frustrating times like these!

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• Agreed.  I've always wanted to go to Nashville too! That's such a bummer they are ganging up on you like that!  grrr!

Although I'm glad they care I have a friend whose parents don't really care where she goes and she's kind of sad about it.  I mean she thinks its cool she can do stuff but she's sad at the same time if you know what I mean.

TacoCatSignaturePetalStarthanks taco
  • @iStella thanks Stella but i don't know why it matters by me being a girl
  • @Petalstar normally my parents wouldn't care. I can literally go anywhere as long as I told them where I was going. But apparently college is different
  • @frogiepower I think Dads are kind of funny about that.  Because he was a little boy he thinks 'ah, they can take care of themselves! I could'  But since you're not a boy he wants to protect you.  I think it's just something Dads do.  It's not because he doesn't think you're capable, my Dad thinks I'm better than my brothers at a lot of things! :Do oh yeah I'm good!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• Hmm, maybe just the distance is different?  How far away do they let you go?
  • Sorry if what I say makes you angry BUT.. 1: You shouldn't use language such as what you did on here. 2: You shouldn't give any personal information out what-so-ever.. 'Having two children myself' Parents only want whats best for their children. Sounds like you still have a few year's left before college comes up. So, My suggestion is to just enjoy Childhood and not stress out over it..
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • Cool Plan. I hope to get a scholarship to UCLA in VolleyBall, or cross country.

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • thats really cool that you want to become a doctor, im still undecided on what i want to be!
    im sure everything will work out in the end, i guess see how it goes in a few more years :) i know things can change practically over night!
    good luck :) do you have your christmas tree up yet??  you should totally do a christmas blog update!! :)

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • If I do go to college, I'm probably going to BYU in Provo, Utah, and I want a scholarship in acting!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • showjumpingbird said:

thats really cool that you want to become a doctor, im still undecided on what i want to be!

I know how you feel! I've changed alot too! When I was young I wanted to be a cook, then an artist, and now, I am officially set on being an actor!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • @EleanorRose  What language? I didn't cuss, did I? What personal info? I didn't say where I lived, did I? I don't really remember so that's why I'm asking
  • @SportyChic  UCLA! That's awesome, haha, that's one I considered before.

@showjumpingbird  A Christmas blog? On what topic?

• @HBforever  I could honestly be an actor, my acting skills get me out of trouble because I do it so well lol, oops. That's really cool though, maybe someday we'll see you in the movies.
  • edited December 2016
    @frogiepower I think she was thinking when you wrote that
    Spoiler:
     "pisses me off"
    and I think the personal information was that you would be 18 in a few years.  I think it's a little thin, but that was the only thing I could think of!

• hi hi @frogiepower!!
    a christmas blog, like what kind of tree you'll be putting up this year, if it's plastic or real, what kind of ornaments you're putting on if any at all, what you think will happen this christmas, stuff like that! :)

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • @Petalstar  Oh my gosh, did I write that? Oops, sorry. I sometimes write what i'm thinking....oops I'll fix that.
  • edited December 2016
     you don't have to edit.  If it was over the line I'm sure the staff would have notified you! :)
  • @showjumpingbird 

Totally, I've got some things to say anyway. I might put that into the mix

• Nah, I don't know about movies, but I for sure want to be in a Broadway show though!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect