fire

I know I must be missing something obvious...I can't figure out how to put out the fire at the bridge. There is water near by, but I do not have a bucket or anything. Can I get a push in the right direction? Thank you :)

Comments

• edited October 2016

First, when the arrow hits, do not look at it.  turn around and go forward once, then move your mouse to the bottom of the screen and turn around again so you are facing the bridge and click:

PIPsawdustM

Pick up the bottle and then click to put it in your inventory.  Click on it in your inventory and when the big picture of it comes up click on it then click the water.  When it shows back up with water in it click on it  to put it back in your inventory.

Move your mouse to the bottom of the screen and click to go back, you should come back to the scene shown above. Click to go forward then click to go forward again so you see the arrow burning:

BridgeOnFire

Click on the bottle of water in your inventory and when the big picture comes up, click on it then click the fire!

I hope this helps you!

Good luck!

-Mintie
  • Thanks so much!

I'm not quite sure where to go to from here - Midnight has showed me the way, I have found the poem and put the numbers in the astro thing at the lodge, I just did the art homework, I put the poem back in the step and realized someone took it...I have not gotten into the attic yet, though.
  • Yay @LindsayMarie you're doing really great and getting close to something important!  Go to sleep once more and then talk to kitty, with any luck she should tell you something interesting.  If she does, go back and see if a letter has arrived from your mama.  Also have you placed the torn poem and french note together?  it should look like this:

Spoiler:

Piptornpaper3

Make sure to have done this before checking from a letter from your mama.  If a note does come from mama go to the library!

Good luck!
  • On my way to talk to Kitty now!

I do not have a poem in my inventory that is ripped like that for me to put it with the french note
  • Kitty should have mentioned it, what if you look in the trash bin in the tavern?  it is to the right of the counter!

Good luck!
  • Found it!

I've now been in the library, and Kitty told me about another hold up, but when I went to the places she mentioned I didn't find anything?
  • @LindsayMarie

Have you check for a note from your mama?
  • Yes, I did get a letter from her
  • Wonderful @LindsayMarie!  it's the one that mentions paintings right?  after you read it go to the library!

• Yes, it mentioned the paintings! I went to the library and found the stuff on the desk. I've explored the attic and looked at the paintings up there.
  • Hooray! you got into the attic!  did you see one of the paintings is missing it's name plate?  Also make sure to look in the near by trunk!
  • I did look in the blue trunk with the book, but there's another trunk that is locked
  • The trunk with the book is the most important, the other is just an old trunk you don't need to open.  Have you put the name plate on the painting missing it?
  • Oh, I did not find a name plate! Is that suppose to be in the trunk?
  • Its someplace in the house around the gallery here is a hint

Spoiler:
    PIPPicturesplaques

• Ah, got it! 

She mentioned needing to compare sonething?
  • Yes if you notice the brooch in the painting is very much like the one in the jewelry box that is down with your father's papers.  You should go get it and compare it with the painting!

Good luck!
  • Thank you so much for all of your help!

Okay, I've compared it and I've written the fake note to leave for them...now I'm at the lodge trying to make the astro thing show today's day (the little note I have says it's 9/01) is there a trick to this?
  • edited October 2016
    wow you've come so far!  There are a few tricks to finding the answer, but it is all right there at the astrolabe it isn't written somewhere. :)  Here is the answer for your date:

Spoiler:
    Left knob: 26
    Right knob: 14