Problems installing

I just downloaded Peril in Pemberley for Mac from Amazon. When it is installing, it stops at "writing files" and says that the installation failed because the installer encountered an error. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have a suggestion to solve this?

Comments

• Welcome to the Miss Clue boards!

Could you post a bit of information about your Macintosh, like the list below:

- The operating system version (Found under the "Apple" menu, and by clicking  "About This Mac")
    - The type of Macintosh model (e.g. iMac, Mac Book, etc.)

Thanks!

-Mintie
  • I'm using a MacBook Pro and I have OS El Capitan version 10.11.3
  • Thank you so much @Guest323482 hold on just a moment!
  • Hi again @Guest323482

This does seem like a unique problem!
    Let's try another installer file, to see if it works correctly, instead of the default Amazon installer.

To download this new installer, go to this URL in your browser:

And then login using your MissClue.com username and password.

Then, click the Downloads link on the left menu, and then click the Mac Download link, which looks like this on the page:
    "Miss Clue: Jane Austen Mysteries - Peril in Pemberley PC/Mac [Download] – Mac - Peril In Pemberley - Package"

This will download a new Installer Package file!

Once the file is downloaded, double-click it to start the package installing, and let me know if the result is any different!

Regards,

-Mintie

• I just received an email with that link so I am trying that now. I will let you know if that works! Thanks!!
    VFK_Mintie said:

Hi again @Guest323482

This does seem like a unique problem!
    Let's try another installer file, to see if it works correctly, instead of the default Amazon installer.

To download this new installer, go to this URL in your browser:

And then login using your MissClue.com username and password.

Then, click the Downloads link on the left menu, and then click the Mac Download link, which looks like this on the page:
    "Miss Clue: Jane Austen Mysteries - Peril in Pemberley PC/Mac [Download] – Mac - Peril In Pemberley - Package"

This will download a new Installer Package file!

Once the file is downloaded, double-click it to start the package installing, and let me know if the result is any different!

Regards,

-Mintie

• @VFK_Mintie The link I received in the email from Miss Clue in my receipt worked and it's finally installing!! The link I received from Amazon when I purchased the game didn't install the game. Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!! :)
  • That's excellent!  If you need anything else just let us know!