attic key?

I'm a little stuck..I've exhausted all conversation, just kinda walking around trying to trigger something to happen. I just
Spoiler:
looked through the peep hole in the painting in the library and saw the 2 men speaking
any help would be appreciated  :)

Comments

• Hi @LindsayMarie,

I'd be very happy to help!  First I need to know a little more of where you are, have you written to miss Norton and bought Midnight? 

-Mintie
  • Hi @VFK_Mintie!

No, that does not sound familiar...I'll be honest, I have taken a break from playing the game for a few weeks, so I don't remember every detail. I only remember writing to Mama, though.
  • @LindsayMarie, that is perfectly fine :)  Have you been to the Lantern?  that is the tower lookout you can go to from the back of the house.  If you have, do you have a Calling card case in your inventory?  If you don't go to the lantern and look on the steps for one, then you can write to Miss Norton!

I'll get some pictures.

• Lantern:
    pip_lanternoutside

Calling card case:

pip_callingcardcase
  • Also, do you have the telescope on the stand at the top of the lantern?
  • @VFK_Mintie yes, I do have that item!
  • I also have looked through the telescope at the top
  • Excellent, okay go back up to your room and click on your desk, then click on your Quill pen and you should be able to compose a letter to Miss Norton.

Have you been to the hunting lodge?
  • Hunting lodge:

pip_huntinglodgeexterior
  • @LindsayMarie, actually, I could probably pin point where you are by the items in your inventory.  what do you have in your inventory?
  • @VFK_Mintie in my inventory I have.. 
    Spoiler:
    knife, bow & arrow, long piece of metal (I think), Ornamental Hermitage flyer, the key to the lodge, the case you mentioned earlier, gloves, poem, coins, and the scissors & ribbon.
  • Okay thank you so much!  This helps a lot!  Have you written the letter to Miss Norton and called Martha to post it?

Also, recently a warp feature was added along with breakfast in bed, do you have the lightening bolt icon in the upper right corner? 
  • I have just written the letter and folded it up...but I can't remember what I'm suppose to be clicking on to seal it. I feel like I've clicked everything on the desk,
  • You click on the candle to light it, and then melt the stick of wax over it!

Then, pour the wax over the envelope, and stamp it with the little stamper on the desk!
  • Oh boy, do I feel silly!

I have sent the letter off with Martha.
  • That is great!  Okay I'm pretty sure your next steps are to go to bed, then the next day Martha should tell you something when you wake up, also you should receive a letter back from Miss Norton.  If Martha mentions something you should check out both the bridge and forest!

Good luck! 
  • Good luck playing too @LindsayMarie I'll help if I can too :)

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

whee      ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
    .."I think there is far more to this Robbery than one might suppose..." -Jane Darcy `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    .......................................................................................¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
    ............................................................³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
  • @VFK_Mintie I got the update of the warp feature and I really loved it, it made traveling so much faster and I appreciate the fact that when I had it on Martha came faster too!  Also thank the chef for the breakfasts also!

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

whee      ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
    .."I think there is far more to this Robbery than one might suppose..." -Jane Darcy `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    .......................................................................................¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
    ............................................................³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
  • I have just received the letter from Miss Norton. Not sure what to do next. Can I get a nudge in the right direction? :) 

I still don't have the attic key, and I'm not sure what to do with that moon thing at the lodge.
  • Howdy @LindsayMarie,

The is excellent news!  Have you written back to her and sent the calling card? also did martha mention another holdup?  And have you gone to the bridge and see an arrow?

• Hi, @VFK_Mintie!

Yes, I have done all of that! I just remember that I found the note that needs to be translated. I'm looking at the French book, but I'm confused
  • Would you like me to give you the translation in a spoiler?
  • Yes, please!
  • Here you are :)

Spoiler:
    Answer:
    mr norton, tonight old bridge

From french book:
    ce soir = tonight
    vieux = old
    Pont = bridge
  • Also, have you talked to kitty and, has she told you of clement being there with a poem?
  • Thank you!

I don't remember her saying something about a poem...but I just went to the Inn and there is now a black horse there
  • That is great!  First inspect the horse and do you notice it has a white stocking?  Also look at everything in the saddle bags, there are 3 things.  

Talk to Pierre, Talk to kitty.  If she tells you about Pierre being in love, then you are all set.  Talk to him once more about being in love and then after, when you are done with that conversation, hand the hermit pamphlet to him!

Good luck!