Nancy Drew Games and Direction

2»

Comments

• @HBforever Good luck on Warnings at Waverly Place. As long as you try not to get too many demerits (and making sure to not get caught being out late or forgetting your assigned job), then you'll do just fine! That's one of my favorite games due to Edgar Allan Poe being the subject of the game.

When it comes to a beginner game to play, I would personally suggest either The Haunted Carousel or Danger on Deception Island. I've found that out of all the games, they have the most relaxing value in that they don't have either too many puzzles or too many difficult puzzles to deal with. :)

@spygirl I'm feeling the same way. While I wait for the next game, there are plenty of others that I can play and can even run through the old games again to get a hint of nostalgia. :D

@ColourzRnice I felt the same way about it. I didn't even know it was a possibility, but I know that as soon as I heard about the cheat, I was wanting to replay it again just to see if it would work. But like you said, it's HER's company and they can do as they please. The want to keep everything to themselves and not allow the share of information is kind of confusing though, I'll be honest.
    A - ala - watchful alertness
    L - lokahi - working with unity
    O - oia'i'o - truthful honesty
    H - ha'aha'a - humility
    A - ahonui - patient perserverance

"My philosophy is: It's none of my business what other people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier." - Anthony Hopkins

Signature Picture
  • edited November 2016
    Hello fellow HER fans again!  There are a lot of post on here since I last stopped in.

For @HBforever good luck on your game, I'll be happy to help if you have any questions on it! @VictoryRose those would be the starter games I would have suggested, I might also throw in MHM since it's pretty easy too and I love her bedroom in it.

• gonna make this room24_CAP_Screen_08
  • @BronzeBird Good luck! That's my favorite room in Captive Curse, next to Nancy's Room, of course! I love the old, nostalgic feeling it holds and a four-poster bed and rotary style phone never hurt anyone! :P 
    H - ha'aha'a - humility

"My philosophy is: It's none of my business what other people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier." - Anthony Hopkins

Signature Picture
  • This is a really neat thread I didn't even know there was this side of the message boards!
    skylambsignature
  • Hi @VictoryRose, I personally love nostalgia,  and will always hold childhood games close to my heart.  I see the need, from others I've talked to, for changed and a more mainstream look to the games.  That's why I'm so excited to see Miss Clue put that extra push into bringing it past that last bar.  I'm hoping with these new changes there will be new and cretive puzzles we've never seen before!

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

whee      ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
    .."I think there is far more to this Robbery than one might suppose..." -Jane Darcy `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    .......................................................................................¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
    ............................................................³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
  • Hello fellow HER/Miss Clue  fans! 

@VictoryRose I agree, and I quite enjoyed captive curse!  The only thing I wish is I feel they made fun of the German characters too much.  I'm actually quite fascinated by German/Austrian castles and culture, so to see them make such a mockery of them was a little sad.  Again I still enjoyed it though!

I'm a little bitter about the silence we have with HER and I'm starting to feel angry too which is getting put onto the older games. I know it shouldn't but I'm having a difficult time of it, I'm trying to tell myself that they have nothing to do with what the company is now and should stand on their own as something we love and cherish.

I've pretty much stopped looking at HER because it hurts to see them acting the way they are and losing so much respect from their loyal fans.  And also to see everyone trying to hang on to nothing, because that's what Her has given us for almost 2 years.  Nothing!  Just the same old "we don't have any updates for you at this time" stuff...Ugh

@spygirl I couldn't agree more!  I really like how they keep pushing and putting their heart and soul into the games.  I like how they keep putting out games for free while they improve all the different parts of the games.  I see that improving the graphics for the engine takes a little longer but with all the updates I have no problem waiting!  I just wish there was a newsletter we could subscribe to!  I'd love to have Miss Clue news!

• @spygirl I'm excited as well about the direction Miss Clue is going in. The screenshots that have been given are making me really excited and I can't wait to see what type of mystery will await us next!

@moonwolf  I absolutely agree on the way that they made fun of the German culture and characters. Germany has such a rich culture that to see it kind of degraded pulled me out of the atmosphere a bit. If they had based it on Neuschwanstein Castle and made it a bit more culturally rich sort of in learning about Germany as a culture rather than just as dealing with the monster, I would have been more inclined to like it a lot more.

That was one of the things I loved about the older games. You learned so much about the time period or the person of interest in the game such as Marie Antoinette in Treasure in the Royal Tower, Lizzie Applegate in Message in a Haunted Mansion, Harry Houdini in The Final Scene, etc, etc. I feel that that has gotten seriously lost in the newer games which was why I had such high hopes for Midnight in Salem. It seems you would learn a lot about Salem, but the radio silence, I can't get behind it.

I've been a fan of their company for 17 years, I've supported them over the years, but the constant radio silence and the updates that never seem to happen - it doesn't do the company any favors. I've lost nearly all hope for MID to be released any time soon. If it does, I'll return, but the way the company is handling itself now, I refuse to give them any type of attention until they pull themselves together.

H - ha'aha'a - humility

Signature Picture
  • edited April 2017
    @VictoryRose I have a really good feeling that after the mini-mystery their next game will be top notch!  Even the title of their next game just sounds thrilling to me "The Curse Of The Devil's Heart!" I also think with the addition of the new modes it will have a ton of replay ability because each time you play it, you can choose a different mode.  Have you scene the new video they just put out?

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

whee      ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
    .."I think there is far more to this Robbery than one might suppose..." -Jane Darcy `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    .......................................................................................¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
    ............................................................³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
  • edited April 2017
    Hello @VictoryRose, oh gosh I loved how you would learn so much playing the early ones. Nancy Drew is the reason I learned short hand!  I found it fascinating and have since actually learned how to write in it!  I guess since captive curse decided to go that direction instead of focusing on the history of German castles, if Miss clue asks we can always suggest to have a Miss clue where Jane goes to Germany!

By the way, have you noticed how HeR keeps deleting peoples posts?  It frustrates me because the loyal fans who are sticking around are being punished for staying active.  Granted, I understand things get off topic, but what can you expect when there aren't new games to talk about?  I think they should welcome off topic threads because it keeps people engaged.  Which I guess is just another reason that the theory that HeR isn't going to make another game could be true!
  • @spygirl I have checked it out and it looks amazing! I really hope I'll have time for Beta Testing and if not, I can't wait to see what happens when the new mystery is revealed to everyone! The Miss Clue team has definitely stepped it up in so many ways and on so many levels; I'm excited for the new mystery!

@moonwolf That's really neat how you learned shorthand from one of the games! I believe the older games have a lot more replay value than the new ones simply because it seems like no matter how many times you've returned to the games, your interest is always peaked once more as you play through it!

And yes, I have been seeing that a lot lately. I think it's so rude and disrespectful to the fans. I, personally, wouldn't mind the wait if they would just keep us updated. Even if it was something small like they finished some art project for the game or something like that, that would at least let everyone know they were working on it. The radio silence, the deleted posts, and the copy-and-pasted answers have just driven me up the wall. I understand not being able to say anything too much about the game for legal reasons or they just didn't want to get our hopes up too high, but at this point, anything would be taken well by the fans if HeR actually tried to keep some hope alive.
    H - ha'aha'a - humility

Signature Picture
  • @VictoryRose,  Well I think it's safe to say at this point; all the secrecy just means they aren't working on it.  What everyone really wants is not necessarily to have the new game.  We just want them to be up front and say "At this time we are unable to work on MID but we hope to by they end of 2017, 2018...Etc."  No matter the date, I know I for one would wait and be happy.  I would even donate if they wanted me to.  It seems that everyone is getting really unhappy to be strung along with nothing but excuses and lies. 

However, enough of that,HeR has made their decision. I believe that Miss Clue is how a company should really feel about their product; proud, excited, and hopeful when sharing with fans! And Bravo for including so many options, I think this will really bring gamers of all kinds together!  Finally a company that listens to the fans and directs their decisions from their feedback!  They're working so hard, I think they deserve some of the HeR fans and I hope they get them!  They definitely have my vote!