Letter to Society.

edited July 2016 in General
Dear Society,
  I hardly remember a sliver of time where everything was okay, even if it was only for a moment. It was the period of time around George Bush and it ended a little bit after the next president, Barrack Obama. Somewhere in that small period of time, something changed.  
      People from the older generations remain they same as they always had been but it's their offspring, their children, that changed us into this new generation. Manners and Chivalry disappeared, pants apparently aren't meant to be worn on your waste, mental illnesses are apparently to be made fun of, and people are apparently supposed to be plastic. This is how our society works and I don''t think it'll be changing any time soon. It just concerns me because people are so predictable, so fake, so...plastic.
      The words that we yell when we're angry, stressed, or upset are terrible. They do more damage than falling shampoo bottles in the shower. They're worse than violence which, I personally think theirs been enough of that. Violence. War is one thing but shootings, stabbings, murdering, kidnapping, street fighting, gangs and mafias? Not necessary and is completely uncalled for.  Although some people think war isn't necessary either, but it is. If war and military didn't exist, everyone would constantly be taking over other countries, territories, and islands. It's a form of protection, but gangs and all that other nonsense, what are they protecting other than self-proclaimed property? 
Society, 
    Most teenage girls (not all of them!) are obsessed with their appearances, fearing that if they don't change themselves, they'll be a crazy cat lady.  They're also worried about social statuses and fame. They use photo shop, diet pills, and plastic surgery. Teenage Boys (Not all of them!) are worried about girls, rather than anything else. It's either girls or sports. It's like nothing exists in the world.  Parents (Not all of them!) are only concerned about themselves rather than their children. They're fighting, getting divorced, and creating rough environments for the offspring.
Our top priorities. 
Rich people (Not all of them!) focus on mansions, expensive clothes, and cars pricier than a house. They focus on items rather than charities, homeless, and starving people. And if they do, it's the ones in Africa, not America. No, I'm not saying we cant care about anyone other than America, but because we're too busy helping other people, we don't really have what we need. Sure we have water, food, and shelter, or at least most of us do, but our schools, hospitals, and libraries are constantly running out of funds. So are the states, our own governments!
      Sincerely,  A Civilian

"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• edited July 2016
    reading this reminded me of this song:

Alan jackson that be alright

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • @MistyMew Just listened to it! It does fit quite well. I've never heard it but I actually like it.
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"