Chapter 7 glitch?

Hello all! New to Miss Clue games, and having a bit of an issue with Chapter 7. I've done everything I can think of that I have read on walkthroughs for this game, but for some reason I cannot progress to the next chapter. I have taken the newspapers into the boat house and left them next to the door, and swept the part of the porch that is just in front of the door, but when I call the aunt she is still telling me I need to do the chores. Any help on this would be appreciated!

I've also already completed the clock puzzle, as well as the bed one.

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Howdy @NancyClueDrew!

Have you tried looking under the chair in the upstairs hall?  There might be a clue under it!  If there is you should look at it and go talk to Anne

Spoiler:
    It should be a piece of paper 

Good luck!  
  • edited June 2016
    Yes, I did actually find that quite a while ago! This is why I am not sure what I am doing wrong. As I said, I have looked up a walkthrough for this particular chapter that I found on here, and have done everything listed on it. When I call my aunt, however, she keeps telling me she wants me to sweep and put the newspapers up, both of which I have already done.

So far I have:

Spoiler:
    Found the paper under the chair, made donuts for the new guest and exhausted conversations with him, solved both the bed and clock puzzles, found the snake and note behind the painting upstairs, swept one area on the front porch, placed the newspapers in the boat house, exhausted conversation options with Anne.

EDIT: As I've been going through trying to see if I've missed anything I noticed I can keep having the same 2 conversations with Anne over and over. I can ask about Noah and how she's coming along with the books as many times as I want, but it never disappears.

I'd like to just restart the entire chapter 7 and start again, but it isn't giving me that option. I even replayed chapter 6 hoping it would erase my chapter 7 progress, but that did not work. Do you just know a way to restart the chapter?
  • Thank you so much for including so much detail in your post @NancyClueDrew!
    We are checking into what might be causing the issue.  In the mean time, would you like us to restart the entire chapter or just set you back a few steps?

-Mintie
  • Yes please, I would like to restart the entire chapter to make sure I do not miss anything! Thanks for your help!
  • Hi @NancyClueDrew,

Okay we checked it and it appears you needed to put the papers in the boat house, this is where they go:

BoatHousePapers2
    BoatHousePapers

However, we restarted your chapter so any time you go back to chapter XII (7) it will be all new and fresh!

Good luck, from the miss clue team!
  • Thank you very much! That's odd because the newspapers were not on my footstool any longer and I know I had previously placed them!

Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it!
  • You're welcome @NancyClueDrew!  Good luck!
    We are looking into adding a restart chapter feature to the Miss clue books! 

Thank you for all your feedback!
  • i love Nancydrew Games