Black History Month – New relevance to VFK!

As a place "Where History Comes Alive," I think it's a great time to start celebrating Black History Month in VFK! There's so much depth to this month and a lot to explore and learn about Black history. I specifically bring this up now because it has much more relevance this year than in any other year!

Each year, the President of the United States endorses a theme for the basis of Black History Month and this year the theme that was chosen and endorsed by the President is "Black Family: Representation, Identity, and Diversity." HOW COOL! FAMILY is one of the many staples of the VFK community, so there's no better time to celebrate family than within the theme of this years' Black History Month.

I personally don't know much about Black History, and I would love to learn more (and educate myself when I can). I think this would be a great educational opportunity to see take place within VFK, especially since our kingdom was founded on the ideas of history and family.

Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• i completely support and love this idea!

• Hey Paint, this is a great idea. I've been wanting to post on this matter for a while now. Also, it'll be nice to incorporate MLK quest every year, I noticed we don't have that (which was quite shocking). 

bepannah01