2020 Item Updates!

124»

Comments

• Zoee said:

@GIFT I believe there is a setting under options called “Lock Rooms List” where you are unable to move rooms with this checked. Have you looked to see if yours is checked?

OH WOW. That fixed it! Thank you! :))))))

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • @VFK_Mintie 

Could we make the garden deck float without space supports like the medieval balcony does?
  • Hi @VFK_Mintie @VFK_Enigma

I just realized that the magician costume from 2019's anniversary antique shop is missing the red bow from the item image in shop! I'm thinking this was an accident because I've always thought the magician top has been a little bare lol 

Hopefully this can be added! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 11.42.03 AM
    Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 11.42.09 AM
  •  Hey, hey VFK Staff!

Today I would like to address a certain issue. When I asked for my new title, MagentaDream, my MissClue account username switched to that as it is designed to, but now that I requested my old title Purrfect back (and it was so graciously returned!), my MissClue username has switched back to Purrfect from MagentaDream, but has not retained any of my account's bookmarks, profile picture, threads, status, or comments. When you request a new title and it is accepted, MissClue is always a little slowler in the process of switching over the data, which is how it works, but normally it only lasts a couple of days. My new title i.e. "Purrfect" and account look like a Guest account--no data, except the data I have compiled interacting on this "Guest account" whilst waiting for my old data to transfer and conglomerate with the "Guest data." This switch-over process ends fast, and all of the old data from the previous title transfers to the same account with the new title, but the problem is that it hasn't this time. I can look at threads MagentaDream commented on in the past and click on the account's profile and it says it hasn't been active since May 23d. My account says I am currently logged in as Purrfect and joined May 23d. The same day MagentaDream was in the process of going back to my old title/requested new title Purrfect. Both, MagentaDream and Purrfect, appear as two different entities even though these are both the one and the same account. One account, two titles, two titles which appear as two accounts, and "two accounts" that have seperate data but should be compiled as one. From past experience this is what always happens, the data is seperated and hangs in limbo, but then everything is compiled into the new title. You see, while I wait for the data from my account to be accorded with my new title, I use the "new title that appears as a new account" to interact in MissClue. Sadly, that has remained so and all my data is still stuck on MagentaDream. Sorry, I digress. I just wanted to lay this all out coherently. Many thanks and God bless you all! I am highly appreciative of each and every one of you all at VFK!

Sincerely,

- Purr
  • I'm having this issue with the casual swim wear flowers for girl's hair

Capture
  • Kitten said:

I'm having this issue with the casual swim wear flowers for girl's hair

Capture
    I note this same problem, kitten!
  • OK. SPEAKING OF BUGS... THE SPEECH BUBBLES ARE HARD FOR ME TO READ IF NOT ALL IN CAPS. THE FACT THEY MOVE UPWARDS IS ALSO SOMETHING MAKES FOR READING CHALLENGES, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY JUST FLY FAST ALL OF A SUDDEN!
    THOSE ARE JUST ME. BUT IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A FRAME, FOR LOW VISION PLAY? ONE WOULD MAKE THE BUBBLES A BIT BIGGER, AND WITH BOLD FONT? ALSO MAGNIFY THE AWARDS BOXES, ITEM LISTINGS, MENU BAR? I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT FRAMES (IE BUTTERFLU,PEGASUS, WILDERNESS, FOR EXAMPLE) BUT IN EACH ARE VARIOUS DIFFICULTIES. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I USE EA DESKTOP, WINDOWS 7PRO. NOW WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH MICROSOFT EDGE. I HOPE I WONT LOSE VFK!
  • Well, since we're talking about interface, I gotta say:  the infamous 'red letters' are -incredibly- hard for me to see.  they're already way small in the bottom text box, but then a few letters come up if I'm typing a word....and I cannot see which letter is causing the problem.

Also, the messaging system is a nightmare.  To send a message to someone, you type the whole thing out.  You don't find out UNTIL YOU PUSH 'SEND' (or whatever the button is) that there is a word/words that are not in the dictionary.  Forcing you to go back through the entire message to find the offending word/words and replace it with something else non-offending.  Messaging system seriously needs a functional makaover.  It's too much of a pain to even use it anymore.

2 cents

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • Flamanar said:

Well, since we're talking about interface, I gotta say:  the infamous 'red letters' are -incredibly- hard for me to see.  they're already way small in the bottom text box, but then a few letters come up if I'm typing a word....and I cannot see which letter is causing the problem.

Also, the messaging system is a nightmare.  To send a message to someone, you type the whole thing out.  You don't find out UNTIL YOU PUSH 'SEND' (or whatever the button is) that there is a word/words that are not in the dictionary.  Forcing you to go back through the entire message to find the offending word/words and replace it with something else non-offending.  Messaging system seriously needs a functional makaover.  It's too much of a pain to even use it anymore.

2 cents

Flame

YES, I KNOW THAT YOU MEAN, LOL! MADDENING INDEED, THAT.

(WARNING! HUMOR!)  HEY FLAME, ITS A RED LETTER (SOMEWHERE) DAY...WEEK...MONTH...YEAR...UNTIL YOU FIND IT!!

YES, IT WOULD BE NICE TO HIGHLIGHT THOSE NO NO WORDS SOMEHOW... LIKE PINK HIGHLIGHTER OVER THE WORD? OR GREEN PERHAPS? OR A NICE ORANGE.

• OK. FIRST, KUDOS TO STAFF AND DEVELOPERS FOR THE VIP MEMBERSHIPS! LOVE THAT BALLYHOO!

BUT THERES A FEW GLITCHES? THE RECORD PLAYER. OH A BEAUTY, THAT! BUT I CAN ONLY GET IT TO PLAY THE CHARLESTON AND SECONDHAND ROSE. THE OTHERS WONT PLAY FOR ME.

THE INVENTORY HAS ALL THE RECORDS IN. I REMOVED ALL BUT ONE. STILL NO.

LOGGED OUT, REFRESHED, TRIED AGAIN, BUT NO. TRIED BOTH EA DESKTOP, AND VFK AND EA IN INTERNET EXPLORER. SAME THING.

PLEASE, STAFF, THE RECORDS ARE LAUGHING AT ME!

IN ANY CASE CAN YOU FIX THEM? MANY THANKS!

• @Auntie_Skybluepink

For a temporary fix (re: regarding the text bubbles), I don't know which internet browser you use, but if you use a browser and not the ea client, you can use the zoom in function to make chat a little more visible. For chrome, I can hit the ctrl key and the + key at the same time and it zooms in. The minus can zoom it out. :)
  • Kitten said:

@Auntie_Skybluepink

For a temporary fix (re: regarding the text bubbles), I don't know which internet browser you use, but if you use a browser and not the ea client, you can use the zoom in function to make chat a little more visible. For chrome, I can hit the ctrl key and the + key at the same time and it zooms in. The minus can zoom it out. :)

THANKS KITTEN, ILL TRY THAT! I USE EA DESK.TOP MAINLY., BUT SOMETIMES I USE CHROME WITH VFK OR EA ON BROWSER. HOPING IT WORKS WITH WINDOWS SEE.EVEN! IF IT FOR WINDOWS TENT, WELL... THAT WLL LOOK FORWARD!

• Hi VFK  Mintie , I noticed I can not sit in my Ballyhoo Lounge Chair . It has the option to sit on it but will not allow me to sit. Can you please Fix this issue. Thank you for everything Mintie Hugs Twinkles 
  • HAVE AN ISSUE WITH AN ANNIE OAKLEY SIT.ABLE BEAR... COOLHELPFULPAINT HAS THIS BEAR. IT SAYS SIT, BUT WILL NOT WORK.
    COULD YOU PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS?
    TY STAFF!!
    HUGS, AUNTIE (FOR COOLHELPFULPAINT)
  • Hey @VFK_Mintie ! I just got the new Dragon Embers membership, and it seems that I have a cape I can't wear. Thanks!
  • edited October 2020
    I'm very confused at the lack of communication in the game and on its updated status when flash player ends.   First,  if most of the browsers are going to stop flash player,  it means we are unable to play on any browser version,  leaving us with epicages,  which has never worked correctly.   Trading is incredibly slow,  there is no option to play multiple versions (same with zugtug),  or multiple people.  Since it is rare that there are people available to play games,  that means we have no opportunities to play our clones,   severely limiting the ability to earn game enchantments and prizes.  It also means we cannot trade ourselves items for storage,  or to our friends who are not on line.   It also means we can run multiple people in scavenger hunts or tasks,  or quests,  or mazes.   For those of us who have several family members or clones who are all vip members,  it means there is no reason to pay for memberships on people who cannot ever trade with us.   We need the ability to have at least 10 avatars on line at the same time,  we need increased speed for the trade windows,  and we need the multiple instances to be able to run independently of each other,  so for instance,  when the active window is up,  the other windows continue to run.   If that doesnt happen,  it is impossible to play checkers against yourself,   because the movement stops while the other player moves,  so u can never finish a game.  For an average quest I do 6 clones at the same time.  Same with scavenger hunts,   And I play 8 avatars at a time in laser tag.   With only 1 active window,  it will make all these impossible.  I would be most willing to explain this if you cant figure out what I mean.  Also ,  as long as vfk is our home page,  I believe it should be updated as quickly as epic ages is,  or dont update it at all and just say,   all news is on epicages only,  on the home page,   or get rid of it all together.   I literally asked 8 people this morning about the hat,   all are long term vip members,   NONE had any idea of how silver got the hat picture and posted it.   We all play over 3 hours each and every day,  and had no clue.   The vfk news still talks about the bondi beach towel.  We are being left in the dark about all this,  and only today did I find out that you have been posting on epic ages,  and omitting the home page all together.  Until epic ages works properly,  and can allow multiple players,  it is not a functional system.   I sure wish that on January first we do not wake to find vfk doesnt exist and epic ages doesnt work. I also tried to put this on the devblog,  however,  nothing there has been updated in a long time,  it runs backwards so all the oldest stuff from 2013 is first ,   and u go page after page and cant find the anything and everything page.  So we dont even have a reasonable system in which to try to alert staff to a problem.  Leaving us to log onto a message board not even related to either vfk or epic ages.    
  • Hey @Osmello!

We posted about the New EpicAges client on EpicAges.com, and referenced it in the newsletter in VFK which has been visible since August 14th! https://www.epicages.com/index.php/2020/08/13/epic-ages-3d-adventures/

EpicAgesComing

The EA 3D Client includes the current 2D game, though it also includes 3D capabilities that are scheduled to be launched later on, the 2D is by no means being discontinued!

The 3D elements will work much like any other part of VFK and they will load seamlessly in the new EA 3D client!

Also the new client runs the current 2D game perceptibly faster than either the current browser game or the current Epic Ages Desktop Client, it also includes UI enhancements and support for multiple instances, so people who like to use more than one account at a time will not be affected by the EOL of Flash in the Browser!

It also removes the requirement that Adobe Air be installed on the system in order for the game to work!

The new client should be available this weekend!

I hope this answers all your questions!
  • HI @Osmello .  A workaround for checkers that I found:  playing against myself with 2 clones and using Firefox.  Instead of opening a new tab for the 2nd player (which causes the 2 players to be out of sync), open a new window instead for the 2nd clone.  You can resize the 2 windows till they're side-by-side.  And in sync.

Hope that helps.  Figured it out by accident, lol.  Looking forward to the new version of VFK, and good riddance Flash.

Flame
    Osmello said:

I'm very confused at the lack of communication in the game and on its updated status when flash player ends.   First,  if most of the browsers are going to stop flash player,  it means we are unable to play on any browser version,  leaving us with epicages,  which has never worked correctly.   Trading is incredibly slow,  there is no option to play multiple versions (same with zugtug),  or multiple people.  Since it is rare that there are people available to play games,  that means we have no opportunities to play our clones,   severely limiting the ability to earn game enchantments and prizes.  It also means we cannot trade ourselves items for storage,  or to our friends who are not on line.   It also means we can run multiple people in scavenger hunts or tasks,  or quests,  or mazes.   For those of us who have several family members or clones who are all vip members,  it means there is no reason to pay for memberships on people who cannot ever trade with us.   We need the ability to have at least 10 avatars on line at the same time,  we need increased speed for the trade windows,  and we need the multiple instances to be able to run independently of each other,  so for instance,  when the active window is up,  the other windows continue to run.   If that doesnt happen,  it is impossible to play checkers against yourself,   because the movement stops while the other player moves,  so u can never finish a game.  For an average quest I do 6 clones at the same time.  Same with scavenger hunts,   And I play 8 avatars at a time in laser tag.   With only 1 active window,  it will make all these impossible.  I would be most willing to explain this if you cant figure out what I mean.  Also ,  as long as vfk is our home page,  I believe it should be updated as quickly as epic ages is,  or dont update it at all and just say,   all news is on epicages only,  on the home page,   or get rid of it all together.   I literally asked 8 people this morning about the hat,   all are long term vip members,   NONE had any idea of how silver got the hat picture and posted it.   We all play over 3 hours each and every day,  and had no clue.   The vfk news still talks about the bondi beach towel.  We are being left in the dark about all this,  and only today did I find out that you have been posting on epic ages,  and omitting the home page all together.  Until epic ages works properly,  and can allow multiple players,  it is not a functional system.   I sure wish that on January first we do not wake to find vfk doesnt exist and epic ages doesnt work. I also tried to put this on the devblog,  however,  nothing there has been updated in a long time,  it runs backwards so all the oldest stuff from 2013 is first ,   and u go page after page and cant find the anything and everything page.  So we dont even have a reasonable system in which to try to alert staff to a problem.  Leaving us to log onto a message board not even related to either vfk or epic ages.    

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • VFK_Enigma said:

Hey @Osmello!

We posted about the New EpicAges client on EpicAges.com, and referenced it in the newsletter in VFK which has been visible since August 14th! https://www.epicages.com/index.php/2020/08/13/epic-ages-3d-adventures/

EpicAgesComing

The EA 3D Client includes the current 2D game, though it also includes 3D capabilities that are scheduled to be launched later on, the 2D is by no means being discontinued!

The 3D elements will work much like any other part of VFK and they will load seamlessly in the new EA 3D client!

Also the new client runs the current 2D game perceptibly faster than either the current browser game or the current Epic Ages Desktop Client, it also includes UI enhancements and support for multiple instances, so people who like to use more than one account at a time will not be affected by the EOL of Flash in the Browser!

It also removes the requirement that Adobe Air be installed on the system in order for the game to work!

The new client should be available this weekend!

I hope this answers all your questions!
    @vfk_enigma Could we please get an update on how this is going? I believe it was supposed to release in sept and oct? If things are running late will vfk just be under maintenance/down if it’s not ready after December? I understand if this happens, it’s a lot of work
This discussion has been closed.