Haunted Painting Animations

edited June 2019 in VFK Developer Ideas!
Hi everyone! 

If you've talked to me in game about my opinions on items titled "Haunted ..." from the antique shop you know that I would really love for all of them to have a sense of being haunted! But realistically I dont see that happening for every single piece of furniture (i.e the Haunted Harp, Haunted Organ) BUT i think with the coming of the animated Maleva the Magnificent Painting from this past antique shop, I foresee antique (at least the haunted ones) being animated and complex in a way from this point forward. 

That being said, the 3 paintings that preceded the first animated paintings (the King & Queen) look rather lifeless and boring if you set them up next to each other in a "gallery-like" fashion. [not that it matters ultimately matters: but it would say something if these paintings held their own in standing next to "less in value" paintings such as the more recent ones]

I did some very basic animations to try and inspire the developers for the potential that all the old paintings have so here they are: 

Haunted Painting - Skeleton - Antique: [TWO VERSIONS]
Spoiler:
potentialskeleton(2)potentialskeleton

Notes: 
  • The Artistry credit for the second (because I used a preexisting painting and want to cite sources regardless of records saying this is public domain now) "Anschutz Thomas P Self Portrait"
  • I wanted to do two versions because I had it brought up to me that potentially the man/woman appearing to be normal and morphing into something "haunted" can be used for later paintings. 

Haunted Painting - Forest - Antique: 
Spoiler:
animationtest

Haunted Painting - Moon - Antique: 
Spoiler:
painting-(star)-animation

Hopefully this is something that can be added! I plan on writing down and posting about future haunted paintings alongside potential animations for this upcoming Halloween Season.

Let me know what you all think of these ideas/animations!

Comments

• edited June 2019
    I solely agree that the older paintings need animation! These paintings give life in a room and is easily ignored if they don't have animations. 

Just wondering if they do add animations, will it escalate the value further or will it remain the same? :O

Nice presentation of the gifs. I like the thunder in the forest painting the most! :)

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • @bluewiz your edits are very inspiring, in fact these early paintings were intended to have animation, so we will have to get them finished!  You definitely have a talent for graphic art, these are top quality and I only see you getting better! :Do

Keep following your passion and I look forward to seeing more of your creations!
  • Wow, just totally wow, nice edits @bluewiz love them!

Have to agree with gift the forest is the best but the other two are awesome!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• At first when I read this, I wasnt a big fan but seeing those edits.... man too good! Im all for this!

• I love this idea! Those edits are nice!
  •  WOW! Absolutely splendid. You have exceedingly great talent my friend. It will take you places you can't even imagine! ;) 

YOXISQRSVREZ
      Thank you, @TacoCat!

Thank you, @Jessizoid!CARYMN8MKODW
  • edited October 2019
    Hi everyone!

just a few new painting related edits with the coming of the most recent Haunted Horse Painting from the antique shop. 
    There are two categories of edits, (1) being an edit of the original image and (2) an overall swap which could potentially serve as inspiration for a separate painting or just a change in general. 

(1) Horse Edits 

Black Horse:
    Spoiler:
    Black Horse

Black Horse (w/ white mane)
    Spoiler:
    Black Horse Mane

White Horse:
    Spoiler:
    White Horse

White Horse (w/ red eyes):
    Spoiler:
    White Horse Red

(2) Image Edit

Animated Edit of Horseman: this one depicts a captain on a horse and the image shifts into something ghostly
    Spoiler:
    Horseman

As always, let me know what you all think! Happy Halloween season :) 

• Whoa totally cool edits @bluewiz you're so good at this!!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• I'll be honest, Im not a personal fan of the new painting... I dont think it really fit in with the "halloween" vibe (no offense to vfk graphics team). I absolutely love that last version that was edit with moving graphics. Definitely more spooky, and "halloween"-ish.

• I’ll have to agree with Chalk, the horse painting doesn’t scream “Halloween” to me. I was really hoping it would be a Headless Horseman painting when I read the title while it was still a spinning circle. I at least would have thought it’d be a black horse like the one on the Spooky Hearse, but alas, it’s Mr. Ned’s glamour shot. Lol
  • I really like your paintings blue!!  I think it would be neat to have the headless horseman maybe with the second antique shop coming!!  I really loved the mr ned painting its sad you guys don't, if you are willing to trade your paintings I'd really like to offer on them!
    ~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~
  • I think it's a bit sad that the new painting illustrates Mr.Ned's inevitable death, as opposed to other candidates like the hearse horse or the headless horseman's horse. It's a lovely painting, but I think it would have served better as a non-haunted, non-animated Anniversary antique painting. I don't get a halloween vibe like I do with the rest of the haunted painting set. Perhaps if the age progression were much more subtle -- loss of hair, wrinkles, etc, I would be a lot more spooked!

I love your final edit in your latest post @bluewiz, a truly majestic piece! I picture multiple lightning strikes illuminating the scene; the horse skeleton visible immediately after each flash but quickly fading as if to mimic your eyes adjusting to the change in light. I'll try to make an edit from yours but I'm no wizard!
  • edited October 2019
    These are great! I love the new antique painting and I also love that this series of antiques seems to go right along with the Western Town Membership, which would have had a lot of horses in it! Great way to keep the thread going through! I am surprised though with the amount of dislike it's getting that traders are valuing it so high!
  • HoneyBee said:

These are great! I love the new antique painting and I also love that this series of antiques seems to go right along with the Western Town Membership, which would have had a lot of horses in it! Great way to keep the thread going through! I am surprised though with the amount of dislike it's getting that traders are valuing it so high!

Most likely because all “haunted” paintings have a going rate that is fairly high right off the bat. Also, I think a lot of people missed out of the horse painting because it was a spinning circle in the shop and I think a lot of people assumed it was the record and skipped it. The second release, it was released alongside the record so it was a 50/50 guess, same with the final release, so that’s my theory
  • Hello again! 

Back with 2 edits that are more conceptual than functional really.. The new collectible (Haunted Golden Mirror) has such a cool frame and the skulls gave me such a pirate-y vibe so I couldn't help myself.

I feel like we have a lot of golden frames from antique shop so I originally made the Captain with a silver version of the frame but I included a gold version (because gold would make sense story-wise for a pirate related item despite my opinions on variation lol) 

It's a Pirate Captain's Portrait (give is like 5 seconds to start up) 
    • The frame-rate/speed isn't exactly what I'd want them to be, it was originally too slow and now this is a touch too fast but nonetheless its the closest to what I could get it to.
    • His animation to face forward is also a newer addition. 
    Spoiler:
    piratecap3

piratecap3(gold) 

And there's the Pirate Ship
    • This painting only comes in gold, silver didn't look good with the art
    Spoiler:

pirateship

Some fun notes that I had for concepts (let me know if any are particularly interesting and I might attempt them):
    • The frame along with the picture takes on the "ghostly pirate" color scheme in VFK -- meaning that the frame would be neon/fluorescent blue and black 
    • The ghostly animation would also make the frame of the painting rusty/moldy/with seaweed 
    • [slightly out of my comfort zone of capability] Water dripping from the painting and/or splashing out of the canvas 

Let me know what you think! 
  • Bumping this amazing idea by blue!! Pretty please @VFK_staff @VFK_Mintie
  • edited June 2020
    BUMP! Please animate the older paintings they would look amazing :D

Would also be cool if paintings had the option to be turned off by rotating for those who don't want animations.
  • Thanks for bumping again Chad! These are all really awesome edits and I'd love to see some animation added to other portraits/even more hanging portraits to place in rooms!

Great job bluewiz!
  • thanks @Paintcan ! fun to see this thread up again so close to another antique shop opening :)
  • Bump!
  • bumpers!
  • A nudge forward! We have a pirate membership for 13th anniversary... Mr. Clutter surely not far behind! Bring the pirate painting!!
  • Auntie_Skybluepink said:

A nudge forward! We have a pirate membership for 13th anniversary... Mr. Clutter surely not far behind! Bring the pirate painting!!

Sounds like a plan to me!  Bring it on staff!! please!!

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• bumping! maybe we can get the Skeleton, Haunted Forest, & Moon painting animated this month? :)